ADVERTISEMENT

Dalvin Cook punched a woman

I have had my share of dealings with crazy women over my lifetime, been spit on, slapped, knee in the groin, vehicle vandalized and not one time did hitting her enter my mind. If he hit her his side of the story don't matter. How brave doe a well conditioned athlete of 200+lbs feel when he punches someone he outweighs by at least 70 lbs who represents zero physical threat to him? Is that someone you want representing your school? He would be gone at 98% of the schools, and he would be gone at FSU if he were a 3rd string RB, apparently starting or being in the 2 deep grants immunity at FSU.

Actually, he would be gone at 100% of the schools and he'll be gone at FSU if proven to be fact. This is no different the the Treon Harris case at UF...suspended until the legal system ran its course. Johnson as well...he was suspended until it was proven he did what he was accused of doing then dismissed from the team.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is afforded the opportunity for the legal system to run its course. Now, if Cook wasn't suspended and it was business as usual, I can see where people would have a problem. Not sure why folks are so up in arms right now. Heck, Jimbo has even banned all players from bars for Pete's sake.

Actually, he would be gone at 100% of the schools and he'll be gone at FSU if proven to be fact. This is no different the the Treon Harris case at UF...suspended until the legal system ran its course. Johnson as well...he was suspended until it was proven he did what he was accused of doing then dismissed from the team.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is afforded the opportunity for the legal system to run its course. Now, if Cook wasn't suspended and it was business as usual, I can see where people would have a problem. Not sure why folks are so up in arms right now. Heck, Jimbo has even banned all players from bars for Pete's sake.

This is not true. Players are kick off teams, scholarships yanked, etc. all of the time before the legal system has "run its course". We only have to go back one week to De'Andre Johnson.

I know it doesn't matter over here but reading the details of the case, this is not a strong case against Cook at all and these charges will probably get dropped as soon as he goes to court. Any competent counsel can get him cleared of this.
LOL. Reading all the details? You haven't even seen the police report yet, nothing but a probable cause affidavit.

But the point is, his troubles now can stand on their own merit. No need to go digging up what I believe is supposed to be sealed records from when the dude was 13-14 to try and paint a picture. It's low class at best. The records were always there and they didn't bother to look until they could make a buck off of it.
Your underlying assumption about "sealed records" in juvenile cases is incorrect. Take a look at Florida Statute 985.04(2).

Your underlying assumption about "sealed records" in juvenile cases is incorrect. Take a look at Florida Statute 985.04(2).

Thanks for clarifying, that's why I said I believed and didn't speak with authority on it because I wasn't sure or not. Still low class to me.

This is not true. Players are kick off teams, scholarships yanked, etc. all of the time before the legal system has "run its course". We only have to go back one week to De'Andre Johnson.

Oh really? I thought he was released after his trial....

Oh really? I thought he was released after his trial....

That's not what I meant, despite it being what I typed...I mean let the "process" whatever that may be run its course. What I don't think should happen (at any school) is knee-jerk reactions based simply on unsubstantiated claims/accusations. In the case of DJ, there was video evidence. iirc, Harris wasn't immediately dismissed from the team was he? The process was allowed to ensue, which started with suspension.

That's not what I meant, despite it being what I typed...I mean let the "process" whatever that may be run its course. What I don't think should happen (at any school) is knee-jerk reactions based simply on unsubstantiated claims/accusations. In the case of DJ, there was video evidence. iirc, Harris wasn't immediately dismissed from the team was he? The process was allowed to ensue, which started with suspension.

So "the process" is whatever happens, and then you defend it, or sometimes it is whatever F$U thinks will make it look best, got it.

So "the process" is whatever happens, and then you defend it, or sometimes it is whatever F$U thinks will make it look best, got it.

You don't even make sense. Regardless, I'll hang in there a bit longer (with you)

QUESTIONS:

1. When the news broke regarding Treon Harris should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

2. When the news broke regarding Johsnon should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

3. When the news broke regarding Cook should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

What I don't think should happen (at any school) is knee-jerk reactions based simply on unsubstantiated claims/accusations. In the case of DJ, there was video evidence. iirc, Harris wasn't immediately dismissed from the team was he? The process was allowed to ensue, which started with suspension.

Good grief, I've seen you bring this up time and time again like you don't know they aren't even similar - when I know that you know they aren't.

Harris wasn't ever charged or arrested. You know this. He was suspended pending the investigation, however, something that didn't happen to any FSU player I can think of. Both Deandre Johnson and Dalvin Cook HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH CRIMES. You know this as well. There is no similarity. Why would you expect Harris to have been immediately kicked off the team when he was NEVER ARRESTED OR CHARGED WITH A CRIME? Jesus fark, you are the king of false equivalency.

Likewise, when the State's Attorney's Office FILES FREAKING CHARGES, it is not an "unsubstantiated claim/accusation" any longer. I swear, you guys are still pretending that there are no CHARGES AGAINST HIM. There is no difference between Johnson and Cook, except the video going viral. FSU clearly waited to boot Johnson until the video went public and here they are keeping Cook because he is your best returning player. And all you can do is sit here hoping and praying Cook somehow gets away with punching a woman so he can play football for your team this coming season. Go Football!! Go woman beaters!!! Yay!!!

You don't even make sense. Regardless, I'll hang in there a bit longer (with you)

QUESTIONS:

1. When the news broke regarding Treon Harris should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

2. When the news broke regarding Johsnon should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

3. When the news broke regarding Cook should he have been immediately dismissed or suspended from the team? Why?

Funny, when we ask you guys these questions we get a shit load of run-around, deflection, straw men, etc...that was the point that "didn't make sense" to you.

QUESTIONS:

I don't think many of the NCAA football factories want the national media taking a close look at their players' disciplinary issues/academics. So to me the answers to the above depend on how much heat it's going to bring down to keep the player and how nervous the school should be about mass public records requests relating to player behavior:

1. No, because the incident was reported and fully investigated by the proper authorities immediately, followed by no charges being filed. Zero PR hit for keeping him. In fact, the media coverage was generally favorable, comparing UF to FSU's and TPD's foot dragging with Winston.

2. Of course, because no school wants to be associated with that video.

3. Yes, immediate suspension pending an investigation, then dismissal, unless clear, credible, exculpatory evidence comes to light. Otherwise you're following the Jameis Winston, possible rapist and definite scumbag, era with the Dalvin Cook, woman beater, era. Not a good look.

I don't think many of the NCAA football factories want the national media taking a close look at their players' disciplinary issues/academics. So to me the answers to the above depend on how much heat it's going to bring down to keep the player and how nervous the school should be about mass public records requests relating to player behavior:

1. No, because the incident was reported and fully investigated by the proper authorities immediately, followed by no charges being filed. Zero PR hit for keeping him. In fact, the media coverage was generally favorable, comparing UF to FSU's and TPD's foot dragging with Winston.

2. Of course, because no school wants to be associated with that video.

3. Yes, immediate suspension pending an investigation, then dismissal, unless clear, credible, exculpatory evidence comes to light. Otherwise you're following the Jameis Winston, possible rapist and definite scumbag, era with the Dalvin Cook, woman beater, era. Not a good look.

Is your "NO" to number 1 regarding to dismissal or suspension? I'm assuming you're saying Yes to suspension and no to dismissal, in which case I agree.

I also agree with your answers to #2 & #3.

The debate is and has always been should a woman be equally accountable for her actions. As I stated to MJ, had this topic been started in the Lounge and not revolved around an FSU player, I'd venture to say the conversation would have gone a little differently. As it stands, I had to balance my actual opinion regarding the matter with my RRT responsibilities. LOL

Nice "answer."

LOL....point is, no matter what the "process" is, you will RTT your guys...even if that "process" includes covering for jamie and the bungled investigation. On the other hand, if the process is immediate release from team, then you support that process as well. No matter the case or the process, you blindly shill for your guy and your school, and use tactics of deflection and distraction...that is all I said, but you already knew that.

Good grief, I've seen you bring this up time and time again like you don't know they aren't even similar - when I know that you know they aren't.

Harris wasn't ever charged or arrested. You know this. He was suspended pending the investigation, however, something that didn't happen to any FSU player I can think of. Both Deandre Johnson and Dalvin Cook HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH CRIMES. You know this as well. There is no similarity. Why would you expect Harris to have been immediately kicked off the team when he was NEVER ARRESTED OR CHARGED WITH A CRIME? Jesus fark, you are the king of false equivalency.

Likewise, when the State's Attorney's Office FILES FREAKING CHARGES, it is not an "unsubstantiated claim/accusation" any longer. I swear, you guys are still pretending that there are no CHARGES AGAINST HIM. There is no difference between Johnson and Cook, except the video going viral. FSU clearly waited to boot Johnson until the video went public and here they are keeping Cook because he is your best returning player. And all you can do is sit here hoping and praying Cook somehow gets away with punching a woman so he can play football for your team this coming season. Go Football!! Go woman beaters!!! Yay!!!

Buddy Green just nailed it!

LOL....point is, no matter what the "process" is, you will RTT your guys...even if that "process" includes covering for jamie and the bungled investigation. On the other hand, if the process is immediate release from team, then you support that process as well. No matter the case or the process, you blindly shill for your guy and your school, and use tactics of deflection and distraction...that is all I said, but you already knew that.

Talk about a sweeping statement.

*Jamies Winston: No charges, no suspension, no dismissal. (that's TPD/SA fault, NOT FSU)
De'Andre Johnson: Charges brought, suspension, investigation, dismissal
Dalvin Cook: Charges brought, suspension, investigation, pending dismissal/re-instatement.

*I've always been up front and honest stating there was enough there to charge JW, and that I (personally) wish he would have been charged.

IMO here's what could/should have happened.

- He's charged and subsequently suspended.
- Investigation occurs.
- Investigation concludes with accuser having more stories than a Sundance Film Festival.
- Charges dropped and suspension lifted.

Hopefully, the perception that "star players can run free" would have been headed off from the onset and we wouldn't be in the PR mess we're currently in. Again, I was never supportive of TPD's efforts (or lack thereof). My opinions were based of off my careful reading of that 242 page SA report coupled with Erica's continued story telling; even changing her story to Judge Harding (which was pretty ballsy if you ask me).

Last edited:

QUESTIONS:

What I found interesting was that many, if not most Noles felt Harris should NOT have been immediately suspended. Or at least the ones that were vocal Winston supporters. Most Gators supported his immediate suspension.

I wish we had a way to go back to threads from last year when the Harris issue came up

What I found interesting was that many, if not most Noles felt Harris should NOT have been immediately suspended. Or at least the ones that were vocal Winston supporters. Most Gators supported his immediate suspension.

I wish we had a way to go back to threads from last year when the Harris issue came up

I admit, I was not in favor of his suspension at the onset because he wasn't charged and due to the precedent it would set for future incident if it turned out to be a fabricated allegation. I was thinking what if players were suspended every time someone simply accused them of something. However, I later saw both sides of the coin and I'm fine with the suspension. You are correct, though, I was in the camp of him not being suspended until charges were filled.

Overall, though, I still think there should be some sort of formal charges before suspending a player. Order of events (IMO):

- Alleged Incident
- Charges
- Suspension
- Investigation/Outcome
- Punishment/Reinstatement

Of course, there could be unique circumstances.

Buddy hit another one out of the ball park

GO Canes!

Why would you expect Harris to have been immediately kicked off the team when he was NEVER ARRESTED OR CHARGED WITH A CRIME?

I wouldn't and never said that I thought Harris should have been kicked off the team OR even suspended. Heck, MJ just verified that with his post. I asked dj if he thought he should have been. I've clearly stated how I think the process should be allowed to play out, but folks on here want their own brand of justice:

It took all of 11 days for DJ to go from player in good standing, to suspended, to dismissed. People on this board think both he should have been immediately dismissed once he was charged. Same thing with Cook. He was suspended immediately and now FSU is waiting for the legal system to "do its thing." What if, I know it's hard to believe, but what IF Cook is innocent and the charges are dropped. Do they drive over to the dismissed player's house months after he was sent pack'n and say, "Um...I know you told us you were innocent, but...um...you see....there's this media pressure we had to deal with....um....would you like to come back now?" Why isn't Cook's indefinite suspension good enough until more information is known? This isn't like the Johnson case where there is clear cut evidence?

It's the same argument I made FOR Harris (a non-FSU player). They suspended the guy without being charged of a crime.

Why would you expect Harris to have been immediately kicked off the team when he was NEVER ARRESTED OR CHARGED WITH A CRIME?

hhhhmmm that sounds very familiar. Where have I seen that argument used before. I know it will come to me....

Last edited:
I wouldn't and never said that I thought Harris should have been kicked off the team OR even suspended. Heck, MJ just verified that with his post. I asked dj if he thought he should have been. I've clearly stated how I think the process should be allowed to play out, but folks on here want their own brand of justice:

It took all of 11 days for DJ to go from player in good standing, to suspended, to dismissed. People on this board think both he should have been immediately dismissed once he was charged. Same thing with Cook. He was suspended immediately and now FSU is waiting for the legal system to "do its thing." What if, I know it's hard to believe, but what IF Cook is innocent and the charges are dropped. Do they drive over to the dismissed player's house months after he was sent pack'n and say, "Um...I know you told us you were innocent, but...um...you see....there's this media pressure we had to deal with....um....would you like to come back now?" Why isn't Cook's indefinite suspension good enough? This isn't like the Johnson case where there is clear cut evidence?

It's the same argument I made FOR Harris (a non-FSU player). They suspended the guy without being charged of a crime.

hhhhmmm that sounds very familiar. Where have I seen that argument used before. I know it will come to me....

Lol exactly! Some of these guys don't even realize just how hypocritical they really are.

I admit, I was not in favor of his suspension at the onset because he wasn't charged and due to the precedent it would set for future incident if it turned out to be a fabricated allegation. I was thinking what if players were suspended every time someone simply accused them of something. However, I later saw both sides of the coin and I'm fine with the suspension. You are correct, though, I was in the camp of him not being suspended until charges were filled.

Overall, though, I still think there should be some sort of formal charges before suspending a player. Order of events (IMO):

- Alleged Incident
- Charges
- Suspension
- Investigation/Outcome
- Punishment/Reinstatement

Of course, there could be unique circumstances.
Question......in the above when you say formal charges are you only thinking about criminal charges filed through local law enforcement, or would you consider that to cover internal code of conduct issues? I ask because "affirmative consent" has been spreading rapidly and could well set the stage for a lot of he said/she said incidents being adjudicated under the university's auspices and these will have a lower preponderance of the evidence standard versus beyond a reasonable doubt.

Question......in the above when you say formal charges are you only thinking about criminal charges filed through local law enforcement, or would you consider that to cover internal code of conduct issues? I ask because "affirmative consent" has been spreading rapidly and could well set the stage for a lot of he said/she said incidents being adjudicated under the university's auspices and these will have a lower preponderance of the evidence standard versus beyond a reasonable doubt.

Do you mean something along the lines of "violation of team or school policy?"

It took all of 11 days for DJ to go from player in good standing, to suspended, to dismissed. People on this board think both he should have been immediately dismissed once he was charged. Same thing with Cook. He was suspended immediately and now FSU is waiting for the legal system to "do its thing." What if, I know it's hard to believe, but what IF Cook is innocent and the charges are dropped. Do they drive over to the dismissed player's house months after he was sent pack'n and say, "Um...I know you told us you were innocent, but...um...you see....there's this media pressure we had to deal with....um....would you like to come back now?" Why isn't Cook's indefinite suspension good enough until more information is known? This isn't like the Johnson case where there is clear cut evidence?

It's the same argument I made FOR Harris (a non-FSU player). They suspended the guy without being charged of a crime..

You are either completely trolling or I do not know what. You can't possibly believe you are being "consistent". Cook was charged with the same crime as Johnson. One was kicked off the team because the video went viral; the other is the best returning player and hasn't been kicked off because FSU is trying to find some way to "make it go away". End of story.

"Its the same argument I made FOR Harris" - yeh, imagine that, you don't think a UF guy who was never charged with a crime should be suspended or kicked off the team - because it makes FSU look bad for not even suspending Winston pending an investigation(in 01/13), and not kicking others off the team for multiple transgressions. And you are yet to even acknowledge that players charged with crimes(Cook & Johnson) are in a different category than players not charged(Harris). Nobody would expect ANY PLAYER to be immediately dismissed simply based upon a complaint. But most rational folks would expect the player to be immediately dismissed ONCE CHARGED - LIKE JOHNSON WAS, AND NOW WITH COOK. Stop acting like an idiot; you know the difference.

The FACT is, this is the second set of charges Cook has faced since being at FSU. This involved punching a woman. It has been investigated, and he has been charged. The DA who has two degrees from FSU said the witnesses are credible and reliable and you constantly point out this same DA's lack of trust in EK as complete justification for charges not being filed against Winston. Yet, these charges are "questionable" in your mind. You are the only one being hypocritical and inconsistent here, and you know this. Cook should have already been kicked off the team, quicker than Johnson, considering his prior charges. But he's your best player and you don't have every sports show in the nation rolling an embarrassing video, so you all will play dumb and act like there's some "question" to the charges.

Like I posted yesterday, all you are doing is sitting here hoping and praying FSU can pull whatever dirty trick to "make this go away" so that Cook can play for your team in the upcoming season. And you sit here for almost a week now deflecting, deflecting and deflecting, hypothesizing about fantasy's and "what if's", and bringing up instances from other schools where someone was never charged. Here's a better example for you: when UM immediately kicked A. Figueroa and J. Blue off the team for being charged with sexual battery, was that a "knee-jerk reaction"? Unjust? They should have waited for "the process to run its course" like with Cook? Of course not in your mind, they are Miami players or you'll have some other justification. But nobody started petitions to get them reinstated, claimed "the bitch set them up!!", claimed the DA was "dumb" or otherwise defended or deflected like you are doing. That's a much better example than "Treon Harris", and you know it, but it doesn't support your fantasy world defense of everything FSU.

Yay Football State University!! Yay Scumbags!!

Sick

You are either completely trolling or I do not know what. You can't possibly believe you are being "consistent". Cook was charged with the same crime as Johnson. One was kicked off the team because the video went viral; the other is the best returning player and hasn't been kicked off because FSU is trying to find some way to "make it go away". End of story.

"Its the same argument I made FOR Harris" - yeh, imagine that, you don't think a UF guy who was never charged with a crime should be suspended or kicked off the team - because it makes FSU look bad for not even suspending Winston pending an investigation(in 01/13), and not kicking others off the team for multiple transgressions. And you are yet to even acknowledge that players charged with crimes(Cook & Johnson) are in a different category than players not charged(Harris). Nobody would expect ANY PLAYER to be immediately dismissed simply based upon a complaint. But most rational folks would expect the player to be immediately dismissed ONCE CHARGED - LIKE JOHNSON WAS, AND NOW WITH COOK. Stop acting like an idiot; you know the difference.

The FACT is, this is the second set of charges Cook has faced since being at FSU. This involved punching a woman. It has been investigated, and he has been charged. The DA who has two degrees from FSU said the witnesses are credible and reliable and you constantly point out this same DA's lack of trust in EK as complete justification for charges not being filed against Winston. Yet, these charges are "questionable" in your mind. You are the only one being hypocritical and inconsistent here, and you know this. Cook should have already been kicked off the team, quicker than Johnson, considering his prior charges. But he's your best player and you don't have every sports show in the nation rolling an embarrassing video, so you all will play dumb and act like there's some "question" to the charges.

Like I posted yesterday, all you are doing is sitting here hoping and praying FSU can pull whatever dirty trick to "make this go away" so that Cook can play for your team in the upcoming season. And you sit here for almost a week now deflecting, deflecting and deflecting, hypothesizing about fantasy's and "what if's", and bringing up instances from other schools where someone was never charged. Here's a better example for you: when UM immediately kicked A. Figueroa and J. Blue off the team for being charged with sexual battery, was that a "knee-jerk reaction"? Unjust? They should have waited for "the process to run its course" like with Cook? Of course not in your mind, they are Miami players or you'll have some other justification. But nobody started petitions to get them reinstated, claimed "the bitch set them up!!", claimed the DA was "dumb" or otherwise defended or deflected like you are doing. That's a much better example than "Treon Harris", and you know it, but it doesn't support your fantasy world defense of everything FSU.

Sick

You really have an excellent way of bending facts for your gator audience but your post really is filled with a bunch of half truths and bs.

1.) As soon as Jimbo saw the Johnson video, he was done. You can continue with your conspiracy foolishness about the timing but Jimbo saw it when everybody else did and made a move. Johnson guilt was no longer a question. Cook is suspended pending investigation and has been charged. No one knows what really happened(unlike Johnson) so the courts will decide. If you can't see the difference then you are the one trolling.

2.)Tell me what was the first set of charges Cook faced while at FSU. I'll patiently wait for you to answer since this is his second set.

3.)Did you really bring up the two rapists that played for the canes?? Now you are really trolling! Want to know why they were gone so fast?? They immediately admitted to drugging and raping a 17 year old student repeatedly. That's the difference. They are admitted rapists. You are skilled at bs buddy, and only at bs.

You really have an excellent way of bending facts for your gator audience but your post really is filled with a bunch of half truths and bs.

1.) As soon as Jimbo saw the Johnson video, he was done. You can continue with your conspiracy foolishness about the timing but Jimbo saw it when everybody else did and made a move. Johnson guilt was no longer a question. Cook is suspended pending investigation and has been charged. No one knows what really happened(unlike Johnson) so the courts will decide. If you can't see the difference then you are the one trolling.

It can and will be argued that Johnson is only off the team because of the video. Same with Ray Rice. He was still with the Ravens until the video surfaced, otherwise.........

My take on discipline is this.

1. Player is accused of misconduct - Restricted to class, practice, chow hall, not sure if f$u has a library but if they do, that's OK. Anywhere else he gets suspended.

2. Charged with misconduct - Immediately suspended from team.

3. Convicted of misconduct - Gone.

Do you mean something along the lines of "violation of team or school policy?"
I guess this would be considered a school policy.....although it's something the feds and other levels of government are pushing. Not all universities have adopted "affirmative consent" with regard to allegations of sexual assault. I believe Ohio St. and Minnesota have and at least the states of California and New York are mandating it at all universities within those states (although not sure if that is limited to public universities or if it includes the private ones as well).

I have had my share of dealings with crazy women over my lifetime, been spit on, slapped, knee in the groin, vehicle vandalized and not one time did hitting her enter my mind. If he hit her his side of the story don't matter. How brave doe a well conditioned athlete of 200+lbs feel when he punches someone he outweighs by at least 70 lbs who represents zero physical threat to him? Is that someone you want representing your school? He would be gone at 98% of the schools, and he would be gone at FSU if he were a 3rd string RB, apparently starting or being in the 2 deep grants immunity at FSU.

Congrats on letting another human being beat the shit out of you repeatedly.

Sick

Buddy knocked it out of the park for the 2nd time in the same thread.

Sick

I couldn't read past your first paragraph b/c I'm anxiously waiting for your evidence that FSU is trying to make this go away.

You didn't say "I think" Fsu is trying to make this go away. You said FSU is trying to make it go away.

How are they trying?

What are their tactics?

Met_this_guy_from_FSU.png

We're so deep into this topic, I'm losing track of what we're even "arguing" about.

Noles:
Men shouldn't hit women - Check
Women shouldn't hit men - Check
Players should not be suspended unless charged- Check
Players should be suspended once charged - Check
Players should be dismissed from team if convicted - Check*
Extenuating circumstances like video, self-admittance, etc.

Gators:
Women shouldn't hit men - Irrelevant? Debatable?
Players should not be suspended unless charged - Check*
Unless you're Jameis Winston or Treon Harris
Players should be suspended once charged- Nope (see dismissal)
Players should be dismissed from team upon being charged - Check

If a player is dismissed from the team after being charged (like everyone says Cook should be), what happens in the rare and unlikely chance the player is found to be innocent; like in Travis Johnson's case?

Travis Johnson (2003)
Based on Florida State Athletics' Code of Conduct, Johnson will be placed on suspension until the facts of the incident are reviewed. Since he was charged with a felony, absent extraordinary circumstances, he will not be permitted to be a part of the football team until his case is resolved. I wonder what would have happened had he been dismissed?

2.)Tell me what was the first set of charges Cook faced while at FSU. I'll patiently wait for you to answer since this is his second set.

3.)Did you really bring up the two rapists that played for the canes?? Now you are really trolling! Want to know why they were gone so fast?? They immediately admitted to drugging and raping a 17 year old student repeatedly. That's the difference. They are admitted rapists. You are skilled at bs buddy, and only at bs.

I think senior RRT member, danoleman, addressed Buddy's concerns adequately.

As for Buddy's personal assumption that I "hope Cook can suit up" [paraphrased]. It's actually pretty simple. If he's guilty he should be gone, no passing go, no collecting $200, gone and gone FAST. If he's innocent he should be allowed to play. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp. You simply want him gone BEFORE he's found to be innocent or guilty and I think that is wrong. It's appropriate that Cook is suspended until his guilt/innocence can be determined.

I hope you're not ever going to become part of the legal system, you'll have folks in the chair before the jury's even been chosen.

Sad.

We're so deep into this topic, I'm losing track of what we're even "arguing" about.

Noles:

Gators:

If a player is dismissed from the team after being charged (like everyone says Cook should be), what happens in the rare and unlikely chance the player is found to be innocent; like in Travis Johnson's case?

Travis Johnson (2003)
Based on Florida State Athletics' Code of Conduct, Johnson will be placed on suspension until the facts of the incident are reviewed. Since he was charged with a felony, absent extraordinary circumstances, he will not be permitted to be a part of the football team until his case is resolved. I wonder what would have happened had he been dismissed?

People shouldn't hit people, if another human being hits me in the face in a bar or outside of a bar/club. That person is getting hit back unless I'm KO'D.

Noles:

Gators:

Travis Johnson (2003)
2 problems here:

1. No one is "found innocent" at trial. After trial, the jury determines whether the State has proven the charge(s) beyond a reasonable doubt by a finding of Guilty or Not Guilty (there is no 3rd option of "Innocent"). And let me stop you and danoleman before you start......

Yes, there is a huge difference between "innocent" and "Not Guilty."

2. The State (and a Judge!) has already decided there is probable cause that Cook battered the girl. Fisher appears to require more. His decision to not dismiss Cook tells us he is requiring the highest burden in the land (beyond a reasonable doubt) before he'll kick some one off the team. That's Fisher's choice to require the highest burden. I'm not going to go searching for examples of coaches kicking off players based solely on the State filing a formal charge, as the State of Florida has done here against Dalvin Cook, but I assure you there are plenty.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT