ADVERTISEMENT

Dalvin Cook punched a woman

I know it doesn't matter over here but reading the details of the case, this is not a strong case against Cook at all and these charges will probably get dropped as soon as he goes to court. Any competent counsel can get him cleared of this.

Whew, thank goodness the football team won't have to do without a key player! Maybe you guys could suspend someone down the chain to show the media you mean business. Like a professor, they aren't used much in Tallahassee.

I know it doesn't matter over here but reading the details of the case, this is not a strong case against Cook at all and these charges will probably get dropped as soon as he goes to court. Any competent counsel can get him cleared of this.

There are indications that Cook has not retained competent counsel.

In the future, be sure to judge the conduct of Gator players based on whether you think a lawyer could get them cleared.

Reactions: Rushie
"Patel said witnesses in the case were intoxicated. He said investigators were presented three versions of what occurred and that his research indicates one alleged witness was actually not present."

This is not going to be an open and shut case. Cook has a lawyer and his FSU career is on the line.

This competent attorney? An associate did some research:

"So I see that Dalvin Cook's lawyer, Ricky K. Patel, hasn't even been in practice for 5 years and isn't a criminal defense lawyer. He appears to be a personal injury lawyer. What's even more interesting is that on his LinkedIn profile, he claims to have been "Senior Partner" of his law firm (Farrell & Patel) since October of 2009. Yet according to his Florida Bar profile, he was admitted to the Florida Bar April 12, 2011 and isn't admitted (that I've been able to find) to any other state bars."

"From his "Top 100 Lawyers" profile, "Early in his career, he focused on immigration law and human rights issues." Also he states, "The 1500 hours were for pro bono services related to the Violence Against Women's Act, asylum and refugee cases.""

There are indications that Cook has not retained competent counsel.

In the future, be sure to judge the conduct of Gator players based on whether you think a lawyer could get them cleared.

You've never seen me post anything about gator players criminal cases here or on Warchant. Unlike most, I prefer to wait on due process. I don't convict a guy simply because an allegation is made.

"Patel said witnesses in the case were intoxicated. He said investigators were presented three versions of what occurred and that his research indicates one alleged witness was actually not present."

This is not going to be an open and shut case. Cook has a lawyer and his FSU career is on the line.
You've never seen me post anything about gator players criminal cases here or on Warchant. Unlike most, I prefer to wait on due process. I don't convict a guy simply because an allegation is made.
Lmao, no you just go on and on about how they are innocent even when they are clearly guilty.

Go Canes!

His lawyer says he absolutely didn't strike the woman and walked away boefore any punches were thrown........

An attorney for Florida State Seminoles running back Dalvin Cook told ESPN on Monday night that the player did not hit a woman last month and that battery charges are a result of pressure in Tallahassee based on recent high-profile cases in the media.

"Dalvin Cook did not strike this woman," said Ricky Patel, a Miami-based attorney. "Players were leaving the scene at the same time. But Dalvin walked away before it got out of hand."

Patel said witnesses in the case were intoxicated. He said investigators were presented three versions of what occurred and that his research indicates one alleged witness was actually not present.

"We are not interested in a plea," Patel said. "It's just not right here. It must be dropped or he must be found not guilty. If necessary, we will file civil charges after these false allegations."

Patel said it has been made clear to him that "there has been so much turmoil at FSU and there is a huge cloud, so [FSU] wants to make sure 100 percent that Dalvin has not done anything inappropriate."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...da-state-seminoles-strike-woman-attorney-says

Well, in this case NYT WILL publish a 30+ page article specifically about FSU and the women it's football player abuse. They will dig and dig and dig until every stone is unturned to paint FSU as THE premiere university for the mistreatment of women..

Then they'll have a ways to go imoho. As much as I despise FSU, Blobby Bowdown's 'to the echo of the whistle' along with Micky Andrews knee twisters and hand stompers, their Deion Rule clown school academics, etc... They are decades behind the thugs at Neutered Lame imo.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountab...tre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

His lawyer says he absolutely didn't strike the woman and walked away boefore any punches were thrown........

An attorney for Florida State Seminoles running back Dalvin Cook told ESPN on Monday night that the player did not hit a woman last month and that battery charges are a result of pressure in Tallahassee based on recent high-profile cases in the media.

"Dalvin Cook did not strike this woman," said Ricky Patel, a Miami-based attorney. "Players were leaving the scene at the same time. But Dalvin walked away before it got out of hand."

Patel said witnesses in the case were intoxicated. He said investigators were presented three versions of what occurred and that his research indicates one alleged witness was actually not present.

"We are not interested in a plea," Patel said. "It's just not right here. It must be dropped or he must be found not guilty. If necessary, we will file civil charges after these false allegations."

Patel said it has been made clear to him that "there has been so much turmoil at FSU and there is a huge cloud, so [FSU] wants to make sure 100 percent that Dalvin has not done anything inappropriate."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...da-state-seminoles-strike-woman-attorney-says
of course he did.

Look, she got battered. A crime was clearly committed. So "who done it"?
Witness says the puncher had dreads.
Cook has dreads.
All witnesses agree Cook was at the scene.
Victim says it was 100% Cook.

Patel can talk tough all he wants, he is not taking this to trial if the victim and witnesses maintain their testimony.

Keep in mind, what they are stuck with arguing is that a player other than Cook hit her, but the player is such a scum bag that he(and every other player present) is willing to let Cook take the rap rather than admit he was the actual perp. So, either Cook did it, or the player who did is letting Cook take the blame.

Only thing I've read is that there were apparently 3 witnesses, 1 of them (the chick) said Cook punched her. This after apparently being so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened or who hit her. The other 2 victims claim Cook got in between the chick and who she was arguing with but never hit her. And the third witness couldn't identify him. Those players are idiots. Seems like a clusterphuck of really dumb people doing really dumb chit. Exactly why I try to stay away from bars.

Only thing I've read is that there were apparently 3 witnesses, 1 of them (the chick) said Cook punched her. This after apparently being so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened or who hit her. The other 2 victims claim Cook got in between the chick and who she was arguing with but never hit her. And the third witness couldn't identify him. Those players are idiots. Seems like a clusterphuck of really dumb people doing really dumb chit. Exactly why I try to stay away from bars.

Link where you read that. Go read the PC affidavit.

The only people making this seem like a "clusterphuck" are the FSU players because all of their accounts conflict with one another.

The victim and other two witnesses give consistent accounts. There's nothing "clusterphuck" about their accounts.

And you can minimize this all you want. It doesn't surprise me.

The story here isn't "dumb people doing dumb chit" --- that's how we describe a bunch of teens egging houses or taking their parents' car out for a joyride.

This is about a man attacking a woman.

Link where you read that. Go read the PC affidavit.

The only people making this seem like a "clusterphuck" are the FSU players because all of their accounts conflict with one another.

The victim and other two witnesses give consistent accounts. There's nothing "clusterphuck" about their accounts.

And you can minimize this all you want. It doesn't surprise me.

The story here isn't "dumb people doing dumb chit" --- that's how we describe a bunch of teens egging houses or taking their parents' car out for a joyride.

This is about a man attacking a woman.

WTF??? Where did I minimize anything? Some of you have serious reading comp issues. It's amazing to me the bullshit y'all pull from people's posts just to argue, it's really annoying. The article I read is the same one SoProud linked and there was also an article from the Tallahassee Democrat that mentioned that the girl involved was heavily intoxicated. Her own statements admitted to that.

I assumed the football players were drunk off their ass too and my clusterphuck comment was in reference to a bunch of underaged kids being drunk off their ass outside a club at 3 am which is why I called them all idiots. How you took that to mean that I was calling BS on the victims accounts or attempting to minimize their side is beyond me.

WTF??? Where did I minimize anything? Some of you have serious reading comp issues. It's amazing to me the bullshit y'all pull from people's posts just to argue, it's really annoying. The article I read is the same one SoProud linked and there was also an article from the Tallahassee Democrat that mentioned that the girl involved was heavily intoxicated. Her own statements admitted to that.

I assumed the football players were drunk off their ass too and my clusterphuck comment was in reference to a bunch of underaged kids being drunk off their ass outside a club at 3 am which is why I called them all idiots. How you took that to mean that I was calling BS on the victims accounts or attempting to minimize their side is beyond me.

Not only was the girl heavily intoxicated but according to the Probable Cause Affidavit, so was her friend. It's strange that the guy who was there looking for a security job and sober couldn't pick Cook out of a lineup and he's the one who broke up the fight. But the two intoxicated girls and one of their father who wasn't even there picked Cook out of a lineup. Like I said, I'll wait for due process on this one.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...b-dalvin-cook-investigation-battery/29971363/

oozie - "This after apparently being so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened or who hit her"

You get on here and tell everyone that you read "she was so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened to her or who hit her." Then when I ask where you read that because I know the police never alleged that. You tell me you got it from the Tallahassee Democrat or the ESPN article. I've posted both. Neither states that nor anything close to it. Fact is, you didn't read it anywhere.

You drone on about the media smearing of Dalvin Cook, the character assassination against him and then you get on here and post a lie. smearing the victim's credibility.

Not only was the girl heavily intoxicated but according to the Probable Cause Affidavit, so was her friend. It's strange that the guy who was there looking for a security job and sober couldn't pick Cook out of a lineup and he's the one who broke up the fight. But the two intoxicated girls and one of their father who wasn't even there picked Cook out of a lineup. Like I said, I'll wait for due process on this one.
1. You allege she was "heavily" intoxicated. The PC affidavit does not.
2. Why is it strange that a guy can't give a positive ID on a guy he's never met and saw briefly in the middle of the night outside a bar, in a group of other black males? His admission that he couldn't make a positive ID on Cook makes perfect sense and actually adds credibility to his account.
3. As for her ID, if a guy spends time right in my face, talking to me and then yelling at me right before punching me and then coming back at my face to punch me again...I'm probably going to be able to pick that guy out of a lineup if you show him to me, even if I was intoxicated.
4. What are you talking about re: her father? I'll bet anything, he isn't IDing Cook. Dad is not alleging he was there. What makes sense is that he was with his daughter as she searched for her attacker on facebook, like many victims do, who don't KNOW their attacker but know some information (FSU football) about him. You are making an issue out of something that makes total sense.

Cook was drucker than a skunk and remembers nothing so what does that say about his ability to even remember what happened

Nolies taking the word of the lawyer Lmao

Go Canes!

Cook was drucker than a skunk and remembers nothing so what does that say about his ability to even remember what happened

Nolies taking the word of the lawyer Lmao

Go Canes!

I'm not taking anyone's word that why I said I'll wait for due process to play out. You type like you are "drucker than a skunk"

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...b-dalvin-cook-investigation-battery/29971363/

oozie - "This after apparently being so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened or who hit her"

You get on here and tell everyone that you read "she was so intoxicated the first time that she couldn't recall what happened to her or who hit her." Then when I ask where you read that because I know the police never alleged that. You tell me you got it from the Tallahassee Democrat or the ESPN article. I've posted both. Neither states that nor anything close to it. Fact is, you didn't read it anywhere.

You drone on about the media smearing of Dalvin Cook, the character assassination against him and then you get on here and post a lie. smearing the victim's credibility.

Again, you have reading comprehension issues. The link SoProud offered, the attorney mentions that the witnesses who have given testimony (which includes the victim) was intoxicated. Likewise with the article in the Democrat where the POLICE states the victim was also intoxicated and could not originally ID who hit her or who was there. Any reasonable person could infer that her intoxication affected her ability to recall what happened. So no, me saying that she was so intoxicated she couldn't recall what happened isn't a lie unless the police are apparently lying too.

And nobody is trying to smear the victim's credibility, you're just extremely sensitive by my posts because of the DeAndre Johnson thread. I like how you conveniently left out that in my original posts I also mentioned that there was a witness account that mentioned Cook punching the chick, but that doesn't fit your made up narrative of me trying to smear the victim. I also said in my original posts that the players were idiots and a bunch of dumbphucks. What a bunch of bullshit you're trying to create.

popcorn2.gif

So are you saying Dalvin didn't do it? ...is he being framed? What really happened? Or, are you just saying he "did it" but he won't get convicted, therefore it is OK and he should be reinstated tot he football team.

This competent attorney? An associate did some research:

"So I see that Dalvin Cook's lawyer, Ricky K. Patel, hasn't even been in practice for 5 years and isn't a criminal defense lawyer. He appears to be a personal injury lawyer. What's even more interesting is that on his LinkedIn profile, he claims to have been "Senior Partner" of his law firm (Farrell & Patel) since October of 2009. Yet according to his Florida Bar profile, he was admitted to the Florida Bar April 12, 2011 and isn't admitted (that I've been able to find) to any other state bars."

"From his "Top 100 Lawyers" profile, "Early in his career, he focused on immigration law and human rights issues." Also he states, "The 1500 hours were for pro bono services related to the Violence Against Women's Act, asylum and refugee cases.""

And you guys say you don't care. Solid research, dj! The RRT may need to utilize your skills at a later date. We'll be in touch.

Again, you have reading comprehension issues. The link SoProud offered, the attorney mentions that the witnesses who have given testimony (which includes the victim) was intoxicated. Likewise with the article in the Democrat where the POLICE states the victim was also intoxicated and could not originally ID who hit her or who was there. Any reasonable person could infer that her intoxication affected her ability to recall what happened. So no, me saying that she was so intoxicated she couldn't recall what happened isn't a lie unless the police are apparently lying too.

And nobody is trying to smear the victim's credibility, you're just extremely sensitive by my posts because of the DeAndre Johnson thread. I like how you conveniently left out that in my original posts I also mentioned that there was a witness account that mentioned Cook punching the chick, but that doesn't fit your made up narrative of me trying to smear the victim. I also said in my original posts that the players were idiots and a bunch of dumbphucks. What a bunch of bullshit you're trying to create.

For you and everyone who keeps incorrectly asserting that she "could not originally ID who hit her"...
1. How many times do you need to be reminded that the victim DID NOT KNOW her attacker? He was not a friend. He was not an acquaintance. He was a STRANGER to her and the other witnesses. She did not know Dalvin Cook and the police did not have a suspect for her to ID! and Why???
2. Cook LEFT THE SCENE before police arrived. He wasn't standing nearby for the victim to say "Hey, Officer! There is the guy who hit me right over there!"

As for her "intoxication level affecting her ability to recall what happened"...
If you read the PC affidavit (and you should since it's written by the investigating officer who actually talked to the victim, not some ESPN or Tallahassee Democrat writer or Cook's attorney), you'll read that the victim actually gave the first officer on scene a very detailed account of the events and the ultimate attack.

There are no reading comprehension issues other than your inability to comprehend what's actually being said in PC affidavit and articles you're reading.

Reactions: Captain Caveman
Meggs must have believed her as he personally interviewed her and decided to charge Vick Jr. BTW, how many SA get involved in misdemeanor cases like that?

They will dig and dig and dig until every stone is unturned to paint FSU as THE premiere university for the mistreatment of women.

Well, to be fair, over the period where OTL investigated several athletic programs, including UF, FSU athletes have been involved in more incidents of mistreatment of women than any other.

So, you guys have got that going for you.

For you and everyone who keeps incorrectly asserting that she "could not originally ID who hit her"...
1. How many times do you need to be reminded that the victim DID NOT KNOW her attacker? He was not a friend. He was not an acquaintance. He was a STRANGER to her and the other witnesses. She did not know Dalvin Cook and the police did not have a suspect for her to ID! and Why???
2. Cook LEFT THE SCENE before police arrived. He wasn't standing nearby for the victim to say "Hey, Officer! There is the guy who hit me right over there!"

As for her "intoxication level affecting her ability to recall what happened"...
If you read the PC affidavit (and you should since it's written by the investigating officer who actually talked to the victim, not some ESPN or Tallahassee Democrat writer or Cook's attorney), you'll read that the victim actually gave the first officer on scene a very detailed account of the events and the ultimate attack.

There are no reading comprehension issues other than your inability to comprehend what's actually being said in PC affidavit and articles you're reading.

You're so .

On your first point, well no duh she didn't know him. You also left out that the other witnesses were able to ID Cook, with one stating he had dreads. No one is saying she should have had a name and number, but she couldn't even tell police what he looked like, not a single description whatsoever. Arguing that he was 'not a friend' is about the dumbest strawman I've seen on this forum.

All that is beside the point anyway. You attacked my comments claiming I was trying to discredit the victim when my very first damn post mentioned that A. One of the witnesses ID'd Cook as having punched her and B. Also called all the players idiots. If I were trying to discredit the victim, why the hell would I have even mentioned that a witness ID'd Cook? I gave the three supposed accounts that were out there. So either A. You don't read very well or B. you read into posts (i.e. make up shit) just so you can argue, pick one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so full of shit.

On your first point, well no duh she didn't know him. You also left out that the other witnesses were able to ID Cook, with one stating he had dreads. No one is saying she should have had a name and number, but she couldn't even tell police what he looked like, not a single description whatsoever. Arguing that he was 'not a friend' is about the dumbest strawman I've seen on this forum.

All that is beside the point anyway. You attacked my comments claiming I was trying to discredit the victim when my very first damn post mentioned that A. One of the witnesses ID'd Cook as having punched her and B. Also called all the players idiots. If I were trying to discredit the victim, why the hell would I have even mentioned that a witness ID'd Cook? I gave the three supposed accounts that were out there. So either A. You don't read very well or B. you read into posts (i.e. make up shit) just so you can argue, pick one.

It is abundantly clear I am wasting my time with you. You are a special kind...

So are you saying Dalvin didn't do it? ...is he being framed? What really happened? Or, are you just saying he "did it" but he won't get convicted, therefore it is OK and he should be reinstated tot he football team.

I'm telling you man. You are very skilled in putting words in people's mouth. Again I said "that's why I let due process take course. How could you get the above from my post??

This is really strange. Patel's partner, Wesley Farrell, has only been admitted to practice since 2009. In his bio, he says that he started the firm 5 days after graduating law school, then "a few years later" joined up with his "best friend from law school." Either Patel took two years to pass the bar, or Farrell wasn't close to him in law school.

Investigate, charge let it play out.

Two sides to every story.

I have had my share of dealings with crazy women over my lifetime, been spit on, slapped, knee in the groin, vehicle vandalized and not one time did hitting her enter my mind. If he hit her his side of the story don't matter. How brave doe a well conditioned athlete of 200+lbs feel when he punches someone he outweighs by at least 70 lbs who represents zero physical threat to him? Is that someone you want representing your school? He would be gone at 98% of the schools, and he would be gone at FSU if he were a 3rd string RB, apparently starting or being in the 2 deep grants immunity at FSU.

I have had my share of dealings with crazy women over my lifetime, been spit on, slapped, knee in the groin, vehicle vandalized.

Wow! Either you are constantly bringing drunk girls home from seedy bars or you are the softest damn guy ever for women to just keep assaulting you and your property.

Wow! Either you are constantly bringing drunk girls home from seedy bars or you are the softest damn guy ever for women to just keep assaulting you and your property.

No, just old enough to have been raised that you didn't hit women for any reason. And today I am a pretty soft guy, but 45 years ago I wasn't too soft, wouldn't have made it back home if I had been very soft and see and done lots of things that would have gotten me jail time at home. But not one of them involved hitting a woman, might have shot a few over there but didn't physically hit them.

And no all of them weren't Georgia girls, some were, some weren't, they all crazy.

No, just old enough to have been raised that you didn't hit women for any reason. And today I am a pretty soft guy, but 45 years ago I wasn't too soft, wouldn't have made it back home if I had been very soft and see and done lots of things that would have gotten me jail time at home. But not one of them involved hitting a woman, might have shot a few over there but didn't physically hit them.

And no all of them weren't Georgia girls, some were, some weren't, they all crazy.

So you are a bad shot?

Is this a real person posting this?? Wth??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT