ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire to Florida

Zaire is starting this year.

And as for 2018, right now Mac is all-in trying to land the Composite #1 player in the country Justin Fields. If we somehow land him, not super likely, he will start in '18.

To give you an idea on Fields, Kirby is promising him to change his offense if he lands him, and this is after consecutive classes landing top PS QBs in Easin and Fromm.

If we land Fields, your nightmare, Trask and Allen are not seeing the field at UF.

Zaire is probably our only chance to beat Michigan.

Trask is 10 of 22 with 3 sacks in Spring games.

Zaire is probably our only chance to beat Michigan.

Trask is 10 of 22 with 3 sacks in Spring games.

LMFAO -- :D

Franks was 0 of 0 vs the 1-D in the spring game.
His stats all came with the 1-O against the 2-3-WO defense.
Callaway's TD catch was between 2 WO DB's, the closest was about 5 yards away.

Now, could you give us the Trask results when he had the 1-O going against the 2-3 D? (crickets) :rolleyes:

Trask hasn't started a game since middle school, no coach in their right-mind would start him in the Michigan game. That defense would make his head spin.

More football genius logic from the frozen brain in Michigan.

1. Stats only matter when I say they do.
2. Even then, I ignore any stats that don't further my own biased opinions.
3. Coaches are only smart when they do what I want them to, otherwise they are in their left minds....
4. Trask never parctices against a quality defense, because the Gators never have a quality defense apparently...
5. Insta has nightmares about boys playing a game on Saturday afternoon, because I say he does...

Thanks again....
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

2017 Maxwell Award Watch List:

QB Malik Zaire, Florida

Edgar Thompson

✔@osgators

Mac said he does not expect QB transfer Malik Zaire joining #Gators to ''hold a clipboard.'

1:41 PM - 11 Jul 2017

I can not fathom why anyone in right-mind would have expected any different. Wisconsin and NC both wanted him and need QBs and Texas runs an offense that suits him and wanted him. Yet he held out for the SEC to change grad transfer rules so he could come to UF. Do people really believe he did that to be a back-up?

I can not fathom why anyone in right-mind would have expected any different. Wisconsin and NC both wanted him and need QBs and Texas runs an offense that suits him and wanted him. Yet he held out for the SEC to change grad transfer rules so he could come to UF. Do people really believe he did that to be a back-up?

The panel at SEC Media days was even just laughing saying Zaire is going to be the starter like they know for sure already. I remember Booger saying people told him that Franks was having trouble upstairs a little bit which is code for throwing a lot of picks in practice usually. Zaire would have to just not pick things up not to get the start probably.

The panel at SEC Media days was even just laughing saying Zaire is going to be the starter like they know for sure already. I remember Booger saying people told him that Franks was having trouble upstairs a little bit which is code for throwing a lot of picks in practice usually. Zaire would have to just not pick things up not to get the start probably.

And thanks so much for showing me how much you know about the Spring game QB's, by posting Trask's stats with the 1-O. o_O
(wassamatter, those facts don't fit in your own obvious bias?)

And for telling me why it was that the coaches never put Franks in with the 2-3-O vs the 1-D. You've shown me that you're just as 'fair and/or knowledgeable' as I've come to expect from many here... :rolleyes:
===========

Being a Gator fan, IF MZ is the starter, then I'm hoping that he does well. GooooooGATORS!

Being a fair-minded football fan, I'm hoping that the other roster QB's find a place where they can play, if that's their goal instead of just getting a top quality education from UF. :cool:
===========

Looks like a total waste of space and ships to me, but whatever:

8. Malik Zaire 6-0 225 Grad - Kettering, OH 2013 #3-QB-DT
14. Luke Del Rio 6-1 211 rsJr - Colo/Jacksonville 2013 #27-PP
13. Feleipe' Franks 6-6 219 rsFr - Crawfordville 2016 #3-PP
11. Kyle Trask 6-4 238 rsFr - Manvel, TX 2016 #NR-PP
12. Jake Allen 6-3 210 Fr - Ft Lauderdale 2017 #12-PP
17. Kadarius Toney 6-0 185 Fr-EE - Pritchard, AL 2017 #18 Ath
42. Nick Sproles 6-2 203 Fr - Winter Park 2016 #NR-PP
??. Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 Fr - Libertyville, ILL 2016 #NR-PP

And with 6 ship QB's, (with at least 3 being superfluous) why do you need 2 additional QB W-O's eating up uniform and support money that could be better spent elsewhere? :confused:

Last edited:
And thanks so much for showing me how much you know about the Spring game QB's, by posting Trask's stats with the 1-O. o_O
(wassamatter, those facts don't fit in you own obvious bias?)

And for telling me why it was that the coaches never put Franks in with the 2-3-O vs the 1-D. You've shown me that you're just as 'fair and/or knowledgeable' as I've come to expect from many here... :rolleyes:
===========

Being a Gator fan, IF MZ is the starter, then I'm hoping that he does well. GooooooGATORS!

Being a fair-minded football fan, I'm hoping that the other roster QB's find a place where they can play, if that's their goal instead of just getting a top quality education from UF. :cool:
===========

Looks like a total waste of space and ships to me, but whatever:

8. Malik Zaire 6-0 225 Grad - Kettering, OH 2013 #3-QB-DT
11. Kyle Trask 6-4 238 rsFr - Manvel, TX 2016 #NR-PP
17. Kadarius Toney 6-0 185 Fr-EE - Pritchard, AL 2017 #18 Ath
42. Nick Sproles 6-2 203 Fr - Winter Park 2016 #NR-PP
??. Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 Fr - Libertyville, ILL 2016 #NR-PP

And with 6 ship QB's, (with at least 3 being superfluous) why do you need 2 additional QB W-O's eating up uniform and support money that could be better spent elsewhere? :confused:

Well I have said a bunch of times here it was a joke how easy Coach Mac made it for Franks in that game. He appeared to do his best not to get the fans down about the QB situation going into the season.

Well I have said a bunch of times here it was a joke how easy Coach Mac made it for Franks in that game. He appeared to do his best not to get the fans down about the QB situation going into the season.

Well enough for 1/2 of the questions.

I'm still waiting on your eval/stats for Trask when they let him use the 1-Off. in the Spring game.

Yep, the usual well thought out rebuttals to a fairly simple question....

Ask a simple question, and you can get a room full of simple-minded drivel... :rolleyes:

Yet again, back to the thread topic, instead of just more jerker bs...
===========

Gator QB's listed by the dweeb rated talent levels out of HS:

8. Malik Zaire 6-0 225 Grad - Kettering, OH - (xfer ND) 2013 #3-DT
17. Kadarius Toney 6-0 185 Fr-EE - Pritchard, AL 2017 #18 Ath-QB-DT
11. Kyle Trask 6-4 238 rsFr - Manvel, TX 2016 NR-PP (Nuss 5 star) ;)
-----

42. Nick Sproles 6-2 203 Fr - Winter Park - W-O 2016 NR-PP
??. Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 Fr - Libertyville, ILL - WO 2016 NR-PP
==========

Best for QB-DT use in iG's opinion:
11. Kyle Trask 6-4 238 rsFr (size + comp%)
08. Malik Zaire 6-0 225 Grad-Sr (experience)
17. Kadarius Toney 6-0 185 Fr-EE (speed)

Best for QB-PP use in iG's opinion:
12. Jake Allen 6-3 210 Fr (accuracy)
14. Luke Del Rio 6-1 211 rsJr (experience)
13. Feleipe' Franks 6-6 219 rsFr (height)
=============

On a side note, has the offense improved?
And if it has, will it continue to do so in Mc's 3rd season?

Statistical Media-Morons:

National Offensive Rankings do not show if an offense is improving or not, it's a relative thing, not an actual.
PPG and YPG are a better indicator of improvements, especially if they are small incremental improvements.

UF 2015 PPG = 23.2 PPG
UF 2016 PPG = 23.9 PPG

2015 Yds/Gm - 4,676/14 = 334 Yds/Gm
2016 Yds/Gm - 4,472/13 = 344 Yds/Gm

So I don't really G-a-S about the 'relative' rankings.

And those stats were without the high scoring hurricane canceled game, and with the LSU game being played in Death Valley instead of in the SWAMP, which surely lowered the 2016 UF numbers.

Injuries across the board, and 4 different starting QB's can also badly skew the final results.

Plus the SoS was somewhat stronger in 2016 than in 2015
2015 SCa 3-9 -- 2016 6-7 Bowl team
2015 VU 4-8 ---- 2016 6-7 Bowl team
2015 UK 5-7 ---- 2016 7-6 Bowl team

The people who claim to know so much about the inside of football, should be the 1st to recognize those basic facts, IF they are making any attempt at all in giving an unbiased coaching appraisal.... o_O
===========

2016 Playoff Teams Offensive Rankings and Playoff game results:

#7 Wash 7 - 24 #13 UA (+17)

#11 tOSU 0 - 31 #17 Clem (+31)

#13 Bama 24 - 7 #7 Wash (-17)

#17 Clem 35 - 31 #13 UA (-4)

The 2 highest ranked offenses got hammered scoring a combined 7 pts.

The 2 lowest ranked Playoff Team offenses battled to a 4 pt spread game in the NC Final, with 66 total points scored.... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT