ADVERTISEMENT

will ole miss make a run at Mike White?

Don't know where it says we have the #1 ranked SOS in the SEC and #14 in the nation, but here are some facts: We are #41 in RPI http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html. This chart shows us at #18 in SOS behind Auburn at #14. And we are #54 in NET ranking https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings. Both of those mean more come tournmanet selection time than SOS and neither are good, especially considering we were pre-season #6 and a projected #2 seed for the NCAA tournament. But perpetual always Whiters will continue to make excuses and rationalizations and throw out numbers and stats that mean little to nothing. This team has simply underachieved and even the coach knows it and admits it.

Last edited:
Concentrate on any negatives that you can find... o_O

After all, that's the 'Gator Standard' for Gator fans. :cool:

They can suffer a win better than any other fan group in the nation... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would think 12-7 would get us in. That's 20-11 with Baylor and SEC schedule left our strength of schedule will be really good. Anything short of that will put us squarely on the bubble, Which is a horrible thought when you consider the talent level.

I think we're likely to end up 18-13. I would be shocked if we reach 20 wins unless this team figures something out.

Mira year 5 and I still don't understand what Mike White is trying to do offensively.
It hasn't worked consistently, and no matter the personnel he has, I haven't seen any adjustment to philosophy.

This year is really spelling the end of the Mike White era.

Up until now, he has improved recruiting and upgraded the roster, so you could believe that he was building towards what he has now, and the rather slow game we had played in the past was due to lack of personnel.

That is no longer a valid excuse. This squad is (at least on paper) very talented. But we continue to play this slow half-court game.

This is having two effects.

First, while the players are talented, they are not talented in the areas necessary to make this style work. If we had 2-3 guys on the court who were straight up snipers, plus an elite distributor, this would look a lot better.

Second, this season is destroying recruiting. Players want to be an ESPN highlight for great plays like a fast break dunk, not because they threw a bad pass that the opponent made into an ESPN highlight fast break dunk. Players want excitement, and this season shows that isn't something you will get playing at UF.

I hate being such a negative nancy, but when I put myself into the shoes of a recruit, I just can't see a reason to go to UF.

Reactions: ocalaman
This year is really spelling the end of the Mike White era.

Up until now, he has improved recruiting and upgraded the roster, so you could believe that he was building towards what he has now, and the rather slow game we had played in the past was due to lack of personnel.

That is no longer a valid excuse. This squad is (at least on paper) very talented. But we continue to play this slow half-court game.

This is having two effects.

First, while the players are talented, they are not talented in the areas necessary to make this style work. If we had 2-3 guys on the court who were straight up snipers, plus an elite distributor, this would look a lot better.

Second, this season is destroying recruiting. Players want to be an ESPN highlight for great plays like a fast break dunk, not because they threw a bad pass that the opponent made into an ESPN highlight fast break dunk. Players want excitement, and this season shows that isn't something you will get playing at UF.

I hate being such a negative nancy, but when I put myself into the shoes of a recruit, I just can't see a reason to go to UF.
White seems like a good guy who has done OK. But like the AT&T commercial says, "Just OK isn't OK." Florida is a university that should expect and insist upon titles from their coaches. He's in his 5th year, has elite talent and does not know what to do with it. He hasn't won a league title of any kind and there isn't one on the horizon as far as I can see. He admits that he worked with the team on one style of play all fall and then changed it right before the season started. That is unacceptable. This team is boring to watch, with their plodding, deliberate style. It's like trying to watch a thoroughbred horse being forced to become a trotter. Ain't gonna work. His first couple of years showed promise, but the last 3 have been disappointments. We finished 3rd in the SEC in 2017-18 and 8th last year, losing our 2nd game in the Big Dance both years. Again, unacceptable and not likely to have a better outcome this year.[/QUOTE]

"instaGATOR, post: 1653807, member: 10875" -- Nope, he sure isn't any good at all. Fire his ass is the only possible cure for this Gator B-Ball disgrace....

Takes over a LOSER 16-17 team and immediately takes them to a 20 win season with an NIT Quarter Final appearance, without any of his earned home games due to the O'Dome renovations.

In his 2nd year, he takes them to a 27 win season and the Elite-8, being named the SEC CoY. (previously named MWC and C-USA CoY)

In his 3rd and 4th years, he again wins 20+ games and the Rnd of 32 with his 6-11 centers injured out, playing a 6-9 PF at center instead. The 4th year he still didn't go 1 & Done at the dance, even while starting 3 true Fr.

Whiners descry his ability to recruit, so he brings in a Top 7 class with 2 Micky-D AA's, giving him 3 Top 50's to go with the one from the previous year and 2 more Top 100's.

Now with 9 FNG's including 5 true Fr, he's not already going undefeated so he's crappe'.
I couldn't agree more, FIRE HIS INCOMPETENT ASS TODAY, there's no need to wait any longer.

They won yesterday with an uptempo pace but I am afraid it is just temporary due to the poor quality opponent. I agree with Ocala that it has been a very boring offense. If your want support, that will simply not work. You have some great athletes here. No need for the slow pace as a general rule. We have not shown we have the shooters or the mentality to play the half court style of game effectively.

If White does not change and his team remains average, expect the fan pressure to amp up. Mediocrity with this level of talent will simply not be successful or acceptable.

FIRE HIS INCOMPETENT ASS TODAY....

There are dozens of much better coaches lining up and just chomping at the bit to come in here and follow the fans advice on how to coach winning basketball....

I think we're likely to end up 18-13. I would be shocked if we reach 20 wins unless this team figures something out.

Mira year 5 and I still don't understand what Mike White is trying to do offensively.
It hasn't worked consistently, and no matter the personnel he has, I haven't seen any adjustment to philosophy.
I hope you're wrong, because if right we are NIT bound....

Well, for those who are happy to make the NCAA tournament and bow out in the Round of 32 and then stop the presses while we hang the banner for winning the Charleston Classic, Mike White is your guy. But for Gator fans who are used to coaches who win something by year 5, it's time to consider a change. How many other UF programs have gone 5 years without winning something and given the coach a pass? Even women's basketball, which is woefully bad, gets rid of coaches when they don't produce after 5 years. But consider volleyball, soccer, baseball, softball, track & field, tennis, swimming, football, lacrosse, gymnastics. All coaches who come to the University of Florida are expected to win something besides a pre-conference, meaningless tournament within their first 5 years. Otherwise, their jobs are in jeopardy. By going to the Elite 8 in year 2, Mike White earned some cred and bought himself some time. But with the talent he has accumulated and with the way they have played thus far, that time is up. Produce a championship of some kind or get the hell out of Dodge. We are a university that wins stuff and are not satisfied with Just OK - that's not OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3
Well, for those who are happy to make the NCAA tournament and bow out in the Round of 32 and then stop the presses while we hang the banner for winning the Charleston Classic, Mike White is your guy. But for Gator fans who are used to coaches who win something by year 5, it's time to consider a change. How many other UF programs have gone 5 years without winning something and given the coach a pass? Even women's basketball, which is woefully bad, gets rid of coaches when they don't produce after 5 years. But consider volleyball, soccer, baseball, softball, track & field, tennis, swimming, football, lacrosse, gymnastics. All coaches who come to the University of Florida are expected to win something besides a pre-conference, meaningless tournament within their first 5 years. Otherwise, their jobs are in jeopardy. By going to the Elite 8 in year 2, Mike White earned some cred and bought himself some time. But with the talent he has accumulated and with the way they have played thus far, that time is up. Produce a championship of some kind or get the hell out of Dodge. We are a university that wins stuff and are not satisfied with Just OK - that's not OK.
Agreed

Mike White is a great coach and an even better person.
He will be here for many more years, just ask the AD... o_O

Dan Mullen - Took over a 4-7 cluster team.
In his 1st 2 years, he's 21-5, with 2 NY-6 Bowl Wins, over Mich & Va.
2019 was Dan's 2nd Top 10 Ranked Finish & he has a Top 10 2020 Recruit Class.

Dan, as a HC, is now 8-2 in Bowl games and has won the last 5 in a row, 3 MsSt & 2 UF.
~ Dan's not Steve, but that's still the best 1st Two years in Gator history.

"Trust everything Mullen is doing,'' Hammond said. "He will prepare them the proper way and put them in the right situation for them to be successful. Trust his plan and work really hard."

Mike White - Took over a loser 16-17 cluster team.
He already has four 20+ win seasons.
1st year NIT Quarter Finals with zero earned home games due to O'Dome.
Then 3 NCAA's, the last 2 without the injured 6-11 C, (Egbunu-Gak)
He had an Elite-8 finish in just his 2nd year before injuries hobbled years 3 & 4.
He just had the #7 Recruiting Class out of 350 D-1 Teams, in 32 Conferences.
He has Coach of the Year Awards from the MWC, C-USA, & the SEC o_O
~ Mike's not BillyD, but that's still the best 1st Four years in Gator history.

The ole iG would give the very same (Hammond) advice to those currently on the basketball team, and to the incoming class of FNG's, "Trust his plan and work really hard."

Mullen credited the team's veterans for their crucial commitment during the program's makeover. Without them, Mullen doesn't become the first coach in UF history to win 10 or more games in each of his first two seasons. --- Keeping in mind that Mike doesn't have that kind of luxury on this 2019-20 team. He instead has 9 new faces on his 12 man roster, with 5 of them being true freshmen. o_O

Anyone that can't see the 'Gator Standard' in both Dan & Mike is being willfully blind,,, or is just plain village idiot stupid.....
JMOHO's of course. :cool:

Dan Mullen - Took over a 4-7 cluster team.
In his 1st 2 years, he's 21-5, with 2 NY-6 Bowl Wins, over Mich & Va.
2019 was Dan's 2nd Top 10 Ranked Finish & he has a Top 10 2020 Recruit Class.

Dan, as a HC, is now 8-2 in Bowl games and has won the last 5 in a row, 3 MsSt & 2 UF.
~ Dan's not Steve, but that's still the best 1st Two years in Gator history.

"Trust everything Mullen is doing,'' Hammond said. "He will prepare them the proper way and put them in the right situation for them to be successful. Trust his plan and work really hard."

Mike White - Took over a loser 16-17 cluster team.
He already has four 20+ win seasons.
1st year NIT Quarter Finals with zero earned home games due to O'Dome.
Then 3 NCAA's, the last 2 without the injured 6-11 C, (Egbunu-Gak)
He had an Elite-8 finish in just his 2nd year before injuries hobbled years 3 & 4.
He just had the #7 Recruiting Class out of 350 D-1 Teams, in 32 Conferences.
He has Coach of the Year Awards from the MWC, C-USA, & the SEC o_O
~ Mike's not BillyD, but that's still the best 1st Four years in Gator history.

The ole iG would give the very same (Hammond) advice to those currently on the basketball team, and to the incoming class of FNG's, "Trust his plan and work really hard."

Mullen credited the team's veterans for their crucial commitment during the program's makeover. Without them, Mullen doesn't become the first coach in UF history to win 10 or more games in each of his first two seasons. --- Keeping in mind that Mike doesn't have that kind of luxury on this 2019-20 team. He instead has 9 new faces on his 12 man roster, with 5 of them being true freshmen. o_O

Anyone that can't see the 'Gator Standard' in both Dan & Mike is being willfully blind,,, or is just plain village idiot stupid.....
JMOHO's of course. :cool:

You said the same mess about Coach Butters until near the end.

You said the same mess about Coach Butters until near the end.

That's a 'pants on fire' lie by you, and not your first here... :confused:
The two things are not factually related, you whine like a Demorat.

And 'Selective Memory' is your forte' as always. :rolleyes:
I bitched about McLame bringing in retread QB's every year, and not starting Trask from the get-go,,, among other things... o_O
AFTER he demonstrated that he couldn't or wouldn't get in done over the long haul, then I wanted him out.

BTW, you said that quality recruiting ends in August.
I've never seen a retraction on your village idiot claim... :cool:

Last edited:
Moving right along, and back to Mike and his team...

* For all the Twitter misery spouting from Florida fans, the Gators' schedule rates as the 4th most-difficult among the Power Six conferences. At 8-4, they haven't had a bad loss yet,,," o_O

https://floridagators.com/news/2020/1/4/mens-basketball-sec-primer-league-play-starts-saturday.aspx

And even with their shaky start shooting the ball, KenPom's numbers put the Gators at No. 24 nationally, 41st in offensive efficiency and 31st in defense, (with the 14th youngest team).

Injury report: SF Scottie Lewis is cleared from concussion protocols to play vs Ala.

Replacing Lewis in the last game, Payne's 1st start with 22 minutes played, had 11 Pts & 9 Rbs. Blackshear, Johnson, and Payne (combined for 53 Pts, 26 Rbs) make for a real nice front court imo. ;)

PG Quez Glover 5-11 176 *** --- 169 Min.
FG 27 of 58, 46.6% - 3's 5 of 22, 22.7% - FT's 6 of 13, 46.2%, for 65 Pts.
RB's 14, Ast 6, T-O 15, Stl 0, Blk 0 --- PF 14.
What's his worst stat for his position? A-6 to TO 15 for a 0.40 Ast/TO ratio.
~ Last game was 1 Ast to 1 TO in 24 min's with 11 Pts.

SG Tre Mann 6-4 172 ***** --- 179 Min
FG 23 of 63, 36.5% - 3's 6 of 28, 21.3% - FT's 11 of 18, 61.1% for 63 Pts.
RB's 21, Ast 7, T-O 11, Stl 9, Blk 1 --- PF 26
What's his worst stat for his position? FG 36.5% & 3's 21.3%
~ Last Game was 4 of 9 FG's, 44.4% - 1-6 from 3, 16.7% with 10 Pts.

JMOHO's, but so far,,,,
3-star Quez is out playing 5-star Tre
4-star Payne is out playing 5-star Lewis.
However, I expect those 2 Micky-D's to really lite it up eventually, hopefully pretty soon.... :cool:

=====

The Super-Sophs.... (previous game)

PG Nembhard - 13 Asts to 1 T-O -- 5 Pts

SG Locke - 4 of 9, 44.4% on 3's. -- 16 Pts

PF/SF Johnson - 6 Rbs., 21 Pts -- (8/12 - 2/4 - 3/5)

PF/C Blackshear is 36 of 40, 90.0% at the FT line over the last 5 Gms... :eek:

Note on the 'Quickest Shooting' stats...
There is only a 2.7 second difference between UA and UF in shooting the ball.
UF = 17.6 seconds --- UA = 14.9 seconds.

Of the 353 D1 Teams, that puts UA at 10th quickest and UF at 310th. :confused:
That 2.7 second difference is worth 300 places on the list.
Talk about a totally useless stat.... :rolleyes:

Tonight (Sat) at 6 PM in the O'Dome vs Bama.
GoooooooooooooGATORS! :)

UF 104 - 98 UA
"It always looks better when the ball goes in the basket." -- Mike White

PG Nembhard ---- 25 Pts, 5 Asts, 4 T-O's (all 4 in 1st half).
PF/C Blackshear - 24 Pts, 16 Rbs, 2X-2X
SG Locke ---------- 18 Pts, 3 Rbs
SF Lewis ----------- 17 Pts, 10 Rbs, 2X-2X
PF Johnson ------- 10 Pts, 12 Rbs, 2X-2X

The iG's Game-Ball goes to Mike White for the Technical Foul while getting on the chitty SEC officials who were letting the red-turds mugg our players all night. I'd already been screaming at the TV for a while when Mike had finally had enough.
So KUDO's to Mike..... :D

At the 4 min mark in 2nd half Bama had been to the line 30 times to our 19. Interestingly is that 11 of Bama's first 17 second half points came from the charity stripe. Mike gets his technical and the whistles for bama slowed considerably and it helped us to claw back into the game.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Yep! ;)
You gotta hold the SEC official 'accountable,' especially when Bama is involved. o_O
=====

Afterward, to a man, the Gators spoke how this could have been the culture-definer they'd been looking for. :cool:

"Coach White is just someone who always thinks there's a chance," said Lewis, who was 6-for-6 from the free-throw line and also blocked three shots. "He puts faith in a lot of us, we put faith in him down the stretch, and it's up to us to buckle down and do everything he says."

Maybe next time, they'll do it from the jump. :confused:

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...f-rolls-tide-in-epic-record-2ot-comeback.aspx

Payne is the most athletic big man that we’ve had in a while. Lewis showed up against ‘Bama and has played defense and rebounded all year. Be interesting to see what they do in league.

1-6-20
Coming back off of 'concussion protocols,' SF Scottie Lewis was named the SEC Freshman of the Week. Scottie is the first Gator to garner SEC Freshman of the Week honors since sophomore Andrew Nembhard did so twice last season. Lewis recorded the first double-double of his career, notching a new career-high 10 rebounds to go a long with 15 points. The freshman was also a perfect 6-for-6 at the charity stripe.

If CG Tre Mann could just find a way out of his freshman FUNK, the Gators could really be rockin' the court.

In fact, these numbers are almost unbelievable to me for these 3 ultra-talented players:
.223 — Combined 3-point shooting percentage of UF's trio of perimeter freshmen in Lewis (6 of 24), Ques Glover (5 of 24) and Tre Mann (6 of 28), based on a combined 17-for-76 marksmanship.

iG -- Marksmanship??? :rolleyes:
WTF, more like 'Blind Man's Bluff' than marksman.... :confused:

Current KenPom team numbers:
Overall 29th, Defense 35th, Offense 40th. out of 353 teams
So 29th overall put them in the Top 8% in D-1 B-Ball.
All of those rating say they're in the Dance. ;)
======

So you think that the Gators are an Up & Down team do ya? :cool:
SCa beat defending Natl.Champ Va in their house, then they lost to #321 Stetson at home the very next game. :eek: -- And now they've had a week (8 days) to suffer that loss :mad: while looking forward to UF for some redemption... o_O --- (jus-damn)

UF @ SCa tonight (Tues 7th) on ESPN at 7 PM.

Hope the double OT didn't take too much out of us, rather actually let's hope we are still riding high from it.

Nice win tonight. Nembhard was in total control against a tough Frank Martin defense. Blackshear was off tonight. Payne provided some quality minutes. Scotty Lewis is a baller.

It seems like year in and year out we get these quick turnaround schedules from the SEC. Cocks coming off 7 days off while we are 72 hours separated from double overtime. AN looked great tonight. Blackshear was off, but still gritty. Maybe some fatigue. Scottie Lewis keeps getting better. Johnson was sneaky effective again.

Excellent win on the road. Nembhard was great and the team won in spite of Blackshear having a bad game. Lewis was solid, as was K. Johnson. Great team win.

Our SEC schedule is kind of back-loaded with tougher teams but a nice start to the schedule. 9 - 7 in the SEC from this point on should assure we make the tourney.

Quick Look vs SCa: Who did what?

Nembhard - 37 Min - 21 Pts, 3 Rbs, 10 Ast, 4 TO, 3 Stl, 1 Blk - 0 PF
Johnson ---- 36 Min - 19 Pts, 8 Rbs, 0 Ast, 3 TO, 2 Stl, 0 blk - 2 PF
Lewis -------- 34 Min - 15 Pts, 9 Rbs, 1 Ast, 2 TO, 1 Blk, 1 Stl - 4 PF
Locke -------- 33 Min -- 6 Pts, 2 Rbs, 2 Ast, 0 TO, 0 Blk, 1 Stl - 0 PF
-----

Blackshear - 20 Min - 11 Pts, 5 Rbs, 0 Ast, 1 TO, 0 Blk, 0 Stl - 3 PF
Payne ------- 12 Min - 3 Pts, 9 Rbs, 0 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Blk, 0 Stl - 4 PF
Bassett ----- 10 Min - 4 Pts, 2 Rbs, -------------------------------- 2 PF
Combined -- 42 Min - 18 Pts, 16 Rbs, 0 Ast, 2 TO, 1 Blk, 0 Stl - 9 PF
-----
Glover - 10 Min, 2 Pts
Mann --- 6 Min, 3 PF -- :rolleyes:
Jitoboh - 2 Min, 1 Reb
==========

UF 81 - 68 @ SCa -- For (10-4) Mike White's 200th win as a HC.
Record at UF 99-57 (.635) -- Overall 200-97 (.673)
MWC - C-USA - SEC - Coach of the Year

"We're deeper at the 5 than we've been since I've been here at UF, with KJ, Dontay, and Omar" (and Jit). "Those guys are playing really well for us." -- Mike

Mike White has consistently reaffirmed the Gators’ place as a perennial NCAA Tournament threat and SEC contender, posting a 4th straight 20-win season and 3rd consecutive NCAA Tournament berth in 2018-19.

The Gators continued their trend of season-long improvement and peaking late in the season, as an up-and-down 2018-19 12-11 start gave way to a late surge to earn an SEC Tournament semifinal appearance and an NCAA Tournament 1st-round victory. Florida is one of only 10 teams in the nation that has earned at least one victory in each of the past 3 NCAA Tournaments.

Only fools would want to replace Mike White. J-iG's-HO of course. ;)
And is iG just a dumb homer as some have claimed :confused:, or has he been correct all along about both Dan and Mike? o_O -- :p

And in case you go brain dead or forget what Mike White has accomplished as a young coach, you can go here... :cool:
https://floridagators.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/mike-white/1031

Last edited:
Mike White has 99 victories at UF and a winning percentage of .634 that ranks first in school history for coaches 14 games into their fifth season.

Coach Mike White won his 99th game as Florida coach Tuesday night, as the Gators defeated South Carolina, 81-68, (+13) to move to 10-4 on the season, including 2-0 in Southeastern Conference play. Next up for UF is a date Saturday at Missouri (8-6, 0-2), where White can become the second-fastest coach in program history — behind only Billy Donovan — to win 100 games on the Florida sideline. White is the only UF coach to win 20 games each of his first four seasons (he's halfway there in his fifth), oversees one of just two programs in the SEC to reach the NCAA Tournament the last 3 years, and one of just 10 in the country to win at least one NCAA game during that time. Those facts speak for themselves. White, who signed a contract extension through the 2023-24 season last spring, actually reached 200 career wins (he had 101 in four seasons at Louisiana Tech) against the Gamecocks and didn't even know it. "Wow!" White said when told of the milestone. "That was a blur."

Paco (and a couple of others), this is the coach that you constantly snivel and whine about,,, and want to fire and replace. :rolleyes:
Ques: If you got your way, what coach would want to come to UF? o_O
Ans: No-body with a lick of sense or a working brain.... :confused:

Time to get on board the wagon I've been driving, before it runs right over you.... :D

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...-mike-white-approaching-rare-100-win-air.aspx

Payne was a beast on the boards too.
-- iG agrees, on the Rbs anyway.

Graham Marsh of S.I says that Payne needs to be playing more.

Nembhard had a double-double, 21 Pts, 10 Asts
Johnson 19 pts, 8 Rbs
Lewis 15 Pts, 9 Rbs
-----
G-Sr KJ ----- 11 pts, 5 Rbs in 20 Min. (40 Min = 22 Pts, 10 Rbs)
rsJr Bassett - 4 Pts and 2 Rbs.in 10 Min. (40 Min = 16 Pts, 8 Rbs)
Fr Payne ----- 3 Pts, 9 Rbs in 12 Min.(40 Min = 10 Pts, 30 Rbs)
Combined for 18 Pts and 16 Rbs in 42 Min.

They each have strengths and weaknesses. They are better playing as a Big Man unit than any of them would be as the only one on the court, playing 3 = PF & injury protection. o_O

With 4 more growing & playing some minutes while contributing to the teams output and future.

How do you take minutes away from Blackshear, to give them to Bassett or Payne? :oops:
Or do you take minutes away from Johnson or Lewis instead? :confused:
I trust Mike & staff to know who to play when/where, and how much.

~~ If Graham Marsh knew much he'd be doing it, instead of being a sports critic and just writing about it... In iG's HO, this S.I. twit is a real clueless hack...
=====
=====

Lauren Reynolds -- Rivals Staff
"Florida basketball narrowly escaped South Carolina on Tuesday night in Columbia, beating the Gamecocks 81-68."

Apparently, in the view of some, a plus 13 Pt SEC road win is now considered a narrow escape? :rolleyes:

WTF??? :confused:

For the season, Omar Payne has played in all 14 games, averaging 4.2 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. He has played 205 minutes, 5th most on the team behind Nembhard, Blackshear, Locke, Johnson & Lewis. Glover has played 200 minutes, Mann 193 minutes and Basset 80 minutes. Payne has great potential, but unless he's going to reduce the minutes of Johnson or Blackshear, it seems he's being used about right. He has the 3rd most fouls on the team with 34, he only shoots 37% from the free throw line and has 3 assists compared to 9 turnovers. I like the kid and there's a lot of upside; but there are areas where he needs to get better to get more minutes in the rotation, IMO.

UF 102 - 63 LBSt
UF 104 - 98 UA
UF 81 - 68 @ SCa

During their 3 game (2-0 SEC) victory streak, the Gators have averaged 95.6 points, shot 47.6 percent from the floor to go with 14.3 assists.

~~ Nembhard's numbers over that span: 16.3 points on 46 %, 5-for-12, 41.7% from the 3-point line and 9.0 assists. :eek:

"I just think it's how the team is playing. I think we're moving the ball more, looking for the best shots, and I think it just ended up where I've had opportunities to make plays," said Nembhard, who sees his teammates settling into the revamped offensive system much the same way he has. "I think we've just learned the pace that we want to play. Picking our spots; when to play fast, when to play slower. I think we've done a better job at that." o_Oo_O

Andrew Nembhard is shooting nearly 49 % from the floor over his last 8 games.
They all look a lot better in Mike's offense, 'when the ball is going in the basket! ' -- iG :cool:

https://floridagators.com/news/2020/1/11/mens-basketball-nembhard-on-point.aspx

Actually, there were 2 keys to this loss in iG's OHO....

1. The always corrupt/incompetent SEC officials were calling about 1 of every 4 fouls that Mizzou was committing.

2. However, giving credit were it's due, the Mizzou's were on fire shooting the ball. They were WAY OUTSIDE :eek: of their usual shooting numbers, while the Gators started cold, warmed up in spots, but never got hot. Every time they moved within 6 Pts of that lead, Mizzou would hit another string of 3's, and it didn't seem to matter if they were unguarded or had a Gator in their face while shooting.... :cool:

Do-Do Occurs. At least B-Ball is not like football, in that 10 losses won't keep you out of the Big Dance, and it's pretty rare for any team to go undefeated all season. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT