ADVERTISEMENT

When even Pelosi and Warren say ban Russian oil, why won't Biden?

Reactions: nail1988
Open the Gulf of Mexico and Risk major spills for a small discount at the pump.
Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama just rang. The reward far exceeds the small risk. Anyone remember BP Horizon today? I'll bet today's college students have no clue. It's no small discount by the way. Even with 150/barrel prices looming, tards gonna tard.
67w5rh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
100% sure. We were producing at capacity, I have no problem asking the cartel’s to produce more. But not when BRANDON has executive orders shutting down drilling. That is just stupid! I am sure you agree
Oh, so it's different when Trump asks our enemies?

You've heard the old adage, "lead, follow or get out of the way." Well old Joe will only get out of the way when he's told by the people really running the show, that he's been removed from office.

What are these “rusty spigots” you are talking about.

I love it when newbies try to talk about energy. Didn’t you used to live in Texas? You should have paid more attention.
I lived in Dallas and we only thought about that urban wasteland down south when we flushed.
Are you unaware of the condition of some of Venezuelan oil facilities? The WSJ has been covering that the last week or so. NOT a partisan rag.

Reactions: NavigatorII
They are fine as long as they are secure and out of sight. They are a boon to sportfishing. I wouldn't expect you to know that. 😂 Just look at Louisiana. Sport fishing capital of the world. Hasn't hurt their fisheries one iota, in fact those oil rigs are spectacular fish havens.

We loved deep sea fishing near those rigs off Port Aransas. Caught plenty!

I agree. Especially the Gulf of Mexico. Alaska is no big deal and there are a lot of environmental concerns.

He certainly is suffering from the law of unintended consequences. But I hope you realize that opening those areas up would have zero impact on current gas prices because those areas take years, even decades to develop.

Now what about Florida. Should he open those areas up as well. What does an expert fisherman have to say.

And there are banks which are refusing loans to oil companies because they are now under influence by a green coalition who refuse to do anything that enables leases to be used.
Also in the WSJ.
We have become SO stupid we’ve allowed the insane left to tell us we must transition to renewable. Overnight.
But they’ve been clever. We’re fighting over pronouns, and freedom of speech and social media cancel culture.
“look over here not over there”.
We have to be vigilant on multiple fronts and we are able to do that if we just refocus and pay attention to all the bad actors in the room.

Seems that other people on here have my thinking as well but of course you only reply to me because you're obsessed with me.

No i ask....If the US stop sending money to Russia for oil and the US gas prices go up dramatically, will you be ok with that? Or will you come on here and whine about it?

There is literally a thread complaining about Kamala Harris because she suggested higher prices because of the sanctions.

I truly don't think America want to do that sacrifice, especially with inflation right now.

Talk about thinking past your nose 🙄.
I'm not obsessed with anyone here, but I do think it's important to point out the liberal tactic of defending anything their politicians do, especially when their policies make no sense.

And did I post in the Kamala thread? Why bring that up if I didn't?

Gas prices were already going up dramatically. And they're continuing to spike. So what's the pant shitter in chief's plan? Well he's going to Russia's allies (our enemies) and buying the oil...one of which produces 500X the amount of methane than Russia does (but the Green New Deal is totally about the environment, trust him).

Were you complaining about Biden's policies that were spiking gas prices prior to this conflict, or is it a new hobby of yours to sell out all of your principles to keep energy less expensive?

Agree. If the prices were going up only because of Russia/Ukraine, there would be less pushback from Americans. The fact of the matter is that policies from the left and specifically this administration were already having an adverse impact on oil prices. Our resident O&G experts can claim that a president and his admin can't affect the price of oil until they're blue in the face...that's garbage.

Our oil prices going up due to Russia is legitimate and worthy. The rest of it is garbage and at least some of that lies at the feet of Biden (meaning his handlers).

Agree. If the prices were going up only because of Russia/Ukraine, there would be less pushback from Americans. The fact of the matter is that policies from the left and specifically this administration were already having an adverse impact on oil prices. Our resident O&G experts can claim that a president and his admin can't affect the price of oil until they're blue in the face...that's garbage.

Our oil prices going up due to Russia is legitimate and worthy. The rest of it is garbage and at least some of that lies at the feet of Biden (meaning his handlers).
Really? You are an expert on oil pricing now? Who knew.

Our "resident oil and gas expert" has the same lack of lucidity Brandon's economic advisors have. Build Back Broke, whirrrrrrr go the printing presses, will somehow cure inflation?

throw-our-heads-back-laughing.gif

I lived in Dallas and we only thought about that urban wasteland down south when we flushed.
Are you unaware of the condition of some of Venezuelan oil facilities? The WSJ has been covering that the last week or so. NOT a partisan rag.
What facilities are they talking about? I haven't been following.

I know most US oil companies pulled out when Chavez took over but there is nothing wrong with their oil. Nothing that some new drilling rigs can't fix.

What facilities are they talking about? I haven't been following.

I know most US oil companies pulled out when Chavez took over but there is nothing wrong with their oil. Nothing that some new drilling rigs can't fix.

Taking longer than new drilling rigs here by the way. Unless the Dud lifts sanctions on Venezuela.
WSJ posted pics of rusted out rigs there and near Lake Maracaibo.

I'm not obsessed with anyone here, but I do think it's important to point out the liberal tactic of defending anything their politicians do, especially when their policies make no sense.

And did I post in the Kamala thread? Why bring that up if I didn't?

Gas prices were already going up dramatically. And they're continuing to spike. So what's the pant shitter in chief's plan? Well he's going to Russia's allies (our enemies) and buying the oil...one of which produces 500X the amount of methane than Russia does (but the Green New Deal is totally about the environment, trust him).

Were you complaining about Biden's policies that were spiking gas prices prior to this conflict, or is it a new hobby of yours to sell out all of your principles to keep energy less expensive?

Yes you are. It was other conservatives like you that shared my thinking. SO you're wrong about the liberal thinking. Maybe, just maybe it was free/self thinking. Since you get your point of view from conservative TV, you wouldn't know what that is.

I am aware that the president doesn't have impact on gas prices, so i wasn't complaining. BEFORE you think, i am just defending Biden, I said the same thing about Trump. I am not a blame the president about everything person. I actually look to see if it is really the presidents fault.

Just don't complain about the prices, can't have it both ways BUT i see that alot of guys will.

Ask yourself, if a president knew gas prices would ruin his/her presidency, do you think any of them would allow it to get that high? I am sure every president would LOVE to set limits, like no higher than $2.30, etc.

Ask yourself, if a president knew gas prices would ruin his/her presidency, do you think any of them would allow it to get that high? I am sure every president would LOVE to set limits, like no higher than $2.30, etc.
wrong-drumpf.gif

Both Obama and Brandon have campaigned on scaling back on fossil fuels. Brandon fulfilling his promises. Obama even claimed higher electricity costs were coming in 2008. Brandon's first act was the Keystone Pipeline, which gets products to market more cheaply and quicker than transporting it. Then he banned new drilling on Federal lands. Brandon gets his marching orders from the far left wing.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Part ac
Really? Are you sure about that?

Even though I'm not against the Keystone pipeline. People who think the Keystone pipeline will produce more gas is misinformed. The Keystone pipeline will only help gas get from Canada to the US faster but the amount of gas won't change.
An interesting article from Mother Jones

I think it highlights that it WILL provide another significant energy source. The real question, and an understandable one, is whether the environmental devastation is worth it.

Yes you are. It was other conservatives like you that shared my thinking. SO you're wrong about the liberal thinking. Maybe, just maybe it was free/self thinking. Since you get your point of view from conservative TV, you wouldn't know what that is.

I am aware that the president doesn't have impact on gas prices, so i wasn't complaining. BEFORE you think, i am just defending Biden, I said the same thing about Trump. I am not a blame the president about everything person. I actually look to see if it is really the presidents fault.

Just don't complain about the prices, can't have it both ways BUT i see that alot of guys will.
Remember when Trump told OPEC to cut supply and the Trumpers never complained? But somehow it’s all Biden’s fault.

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Part ac

An interesting article from Mother Jones

I think it highlights that it WILL provide another significant energy source. The real question, and an understandable one, is whether the environmental devastation is worth it.
Correct. There’s always a trade off. It’s not like he’s shutting down all pipelines.

Same with AnWR (Alaska).

Energy experts:

BScuck hoodwinked by Brandon AGAIN!

Biden Administration Is ‘Misusing Facts’ on Oil Permits, API Says​

The head of the biggest U.S. oil lobby groups said the Biden administration is “misusing facts” when it claims the industry has more than 9,000 federal drilling permits on which it can drill to boost supply and ease soaring energy prices.

There’s a fundamental misunderstanding of the administration as to how the process actually works,” Sommers said in an interview on the sidelines of the conference.

“Just because you have a lease doesn’t mean there’s actually oil and gas in that lease, and there has to be a lot of development that occurs between the leasing and then ultimately permitting for that acreage to be productive,” he said. “I think that they’re purposefully misusing the facts here to advantage their position.”

Reactions: goldmom
wrong-drumpf.gif

Both Obama and Brandon have campaigned on scaling back on fossil fuels. Brandon fulfilling his promises. Obama even claimed higher electricity costs were coming in 2008. Brandon's first act was the Keystone Pipeline, which gets products to market more cheaply and quicker than transporting it. Then he banned new drilling on Federal lands. Brandon gets his marching orders from the far left wing.

Any direct correlation that more drilling leads to lower cost?

Umm...huh?

I don't believe that a president could have that kind of control...where they could set minimum/maximum prices. However, their policies can absolutely affect the price of oil.

One of the ways the left can achieve a "religious" goal is by making EV's more attractive than gas powered vehicles. How could they accomplish that? Clearly you either make EV's more cost effective or you make gas powered vehicles less cost effective. Which one sounds easier to accomplish IYO?

If you don’t think politicians would do something like that then I don't know what to tell you.

• Haha
Oh, so it's different when Trump asks our enemies?
Its different when you are maximizing American production. Brandon signed an executive order banning new drilling. but you know this. I am still waiting for the explanation as to why gas increased so much since 1/20/21. You pretend to know stuff. Lets hear it! I showed you the graphs. What is your explanation, and is Brandon in any way responsible?

Do you think Brandon is running again? His presidency was ruined when he left thousands of Americans behind enemy lines with 83 BILLION in military supplies to our enemy. Secondly..YES, libs LOVE high gas prices. Oil companies make more money, and payoffs to POS politicians go UP..and EVERYONE knows the big guy wants his cuts

Please explain this please!

LOL...and what was oil trading for when Trump made that request?

You're always so intellectually dishonest.
It's a fact.

You're just making excuses. Again.

And We are still suffering the consequences. Ignore it if you wish. And I know you will.

Its different when you are maximizing American production. Brandon signed an executive order banning new drilling. but you know this. I am still waiting for the explanation as to why gas increased so much since 1/20/21. You pretend to know stuff. Lets hear it! I showed you the graphs. What is your explanation, and is Brandon in any way responsible?
No he didn't sign an elusive order banning new drilling. I've explained this.

Quit listening to partisans and do your own research.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
More drilling equals more oil overall. More oil means more supply. More supply equals lower prices. This is not worthy of Sunny's Mensa questions. It's child's play economics 101.
I get that but has any oil company actually said that is why prices are high and/or more drilling will lead to lower prices? Or is it an assumption? That's why I asked about direct correlation.

Do you think Brandon is running again? His presidency was ruined when he left thousands of Americans behind enemy lines with 83 BILLION in military supplies to our enemy. Secondly..YES, libs LOVE high gas prices. Oil companies make more money, and payoffs to POS politicians go UP..and EVERYONE knows the big guy wants his cuts
I think he only runs if Trump runs again. Gas was just as high under Bush, Obama was the president that got it down. You are making little sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT