ADVERTISEMENT

What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently

you also ignore the fact that Georgia likely doesn't even make the SEC championship game if they play in the western division.

Georgia fans act like it is inevitable that they will win a natty soon. If that is true, it is in large part because they play in the east. It would be highly debatable at best if they played in the west
It could be worse. We could be .500 Auburn overpaying a coach who half the fanbase hates.
Those Bama losses are tough but we were huge underdogs in both games. On paper we're just now catching Bama in talent and depth. Kirby's building. What is Gus doing?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
No Natty's since 1980 is well known, but they also have a whopping 2 or 3 conference championships since Herschel Walker left school.

If they played in the west, they likely would have finished in third place the last two seasons. This is based on losing to bammer both years, losing to LSU last year, and losing to Auburn during the regular season in 2017.

The seem to take pride in coming close to beating bammer. The same bammer team who was blown off the field by Clemson last year

It is also comical that they take their losses to bammer as a positive sign instead of just more of the same choking and losing that has always been typical of Georgia

Nothing. Similar to Oh st

Surprised we’re 4th with Muschamp and McElwain. They were so garbage I expected us to be lower.

Sec has not been great since we dethroned them. Im not surprised at all by this. Now that 10 yr run before this, u guys would have been 8th

What if you’re 10-3 in year 3 with an extremely young team coming off an sec championship and national title game appearance? I agree context matters. Dominating your rivals matters too...
Define dominating please.

Define UGA's rivals please.

From what I gather UGA's rivals consist of AU, Bama, Clemson, Florida, GT, and UT.

Combined since Kirby has been at the helm UGA is 9-6 against it's rivals.

Please define dominating.

On the flip side Dan Mullen is 3-1 in rivalry games while at UF with Miami and Auburn coming up this season.

Last edited:
As long as we're not 3rd best for the next 40 years, we recognize that some years will be down years....
It could be worse. We could be .500 Auburn overpaying a coach who half the fanbase hates.
Those Bama losses are tough but we were huge underdogs in both games. On paper we're just now catching Bama in talent and depth. Kirby's building. What is Gus doing?
If you were Auburn you would have a championship in the last 40 years. Spare me the usual mutt BS about cheating because you cheated to win your championship in 1980 and bowl cut has cheated since his first day on the job

From what I gather UGA's rivals consist of AU, Bama, Clemson, Florida, GT, and UT.

Gwinetr pretty much conceded the mutts were going to lose to Auburn in 2016 , but that was before Auburn's starting quarterback and running back got injured. Now the dumb phuck acts like he knew Georgia was going to win all along.Those injuries are the only reason bowl cut has a winning record against Auburn

Haven’t lost in the SECE nor won by less than 14 in 2 years. Kirby is 3-1 vs the barn. Half the losses you cite came in Year One. Two of the remaining three came against Bama in championship games. Bama has not been a rival to Georgia in many years until Kirby showed up. Carolina is more than Bama.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I kno...its just fun to piss this guy off. I give him a 1 liner and he writes me a story that i nvr read.
Why would I could care what you say about Ohio State? I am not an Ohio State fan and onlyl a brainless retard would think I was. You also aren't smart enough to piss me off. You being dumb enough to think I am an Ohio State proves we have had no interaction

Why would I could care what you say about Ohio State? I am not an Ohio State fan and onlyl a brainless retard would think I was. You also aren't smart enough to piss me off. You being dumb enough to think I am an Ohio State proves we have had no interaction

Heres the story... Didnt read 1 line of it lol

We have too many losses and Georgia too few for my liking.

But there is one thing to be pleased about with this info. Tennessee being tied with Kentucky and behind Vandy.

Haven’t lost in the SECE nor won by less than 14 in 2 years. Kirby is 3-1 vs the barn. Half the losses you cite came in Year One. Two of the remaining three came against Bama in championship games. Bama has not been a rival to Georgia in many years until Kirby showed up. Carolina is more than Bama.
Butttt....wayyya a minute.

Mullen's...if UF can count SCar as well is 4-1 vs his rivals and his lone loss to a rival came in year 1 at UF....but to hear UGA fans tell it, he sucks.

So...is he or is Kirby not 9-6 in rivalry games? I'll even remove Bama. 9-4. Is that "dominating"?

Last edited:

On the flip side Dan Mullen is 3-1 in rivalry games while at UF with Miami and Auburn coming up this season.
Uga 42 - Florida 7
Uga 36 - Florida 17
Uga 38 - Georgia Tech 7
Uga 42 - Georgia Tech 21

Results from the last two years against our biggest rivals. Most people would define that as dominating. I know...we lost to both in year one. Quite the turnaround Id say, though. Point is, we like the direction our program is heading even after a 10-3 season last year.

I’m not a Florida fan, but I would say your main rivals are FSU and Georgia.

Uga 42 - Florida 7
Uga 36 - Florida 17
Uga 38 - Georgia Tech 7
Uga 42 - Georgia Tech 21

Results from the last two years against our biggest rivals. Most people would define that as dominating. I know...we lost to both in year one. Quite the turnaround Id say, though. Point is, we like the direction our program is heading even after a 10-3 season last year.

Fair enough...I'll go with FSU and UGA.

Kirby is 4-2 vs UGA's two main rivals.
Mullen is 1-1 vs UF's two rivals.
Kirby was 0-2 his first year.
Dan was 1-1 his first year.

How exactly is one dominating while the other sucks?

Butttt....wayyya a minute.

Mullen's...if UF can count SCar as well is 4-1 vs his rivals and his lone loss to a rival came in year 1 at UF....but to hear UGA fans tell it, he sucks.

So...is he or is Kirby not 9-6 in rivalry games? I'll even remove Bama. 9-4. Is that "dominating"?
Well, the original post I think referred to last year alone, so yes. Everyone’s timeframe for claiming dominance is different. Florida can certain,y claim it over UK. Georgia can easily claim it over allbarn and tech.

Mullen doesn’t suck. But he’s never won a championship either. Don’t care if it’s Moo St or not. MSU won as many SEC games as auburn since expansion but no trips to Atlanta for Dan. Jackie Sherrill managed to do that though.

Uga 42 - Florida 7
Uga 36 - Florida 17
Uga 38 - Georgia Tech 7
Uga 42 - Georgia Tech 21

We get everyone's best shot in everything...that is what happens when you win recent nattys in football, baseball and basketball. Depends on the fan, but most would say nolies are biggest rival as they have had a lot more recent success vs us than dawgs.

I’ve never said Mullen sucks. As a matter of fact, I’m on record saying he’s a good coach. I just don’t think he’s going to be able to handle Kirby.

My post was in response to someone claiming that we’re satisfied with a 10-3 season. I shared my thoughts on why we’re excited about the future even though we had a disappointing finish last year.

Mullen doesn’t suck. But he’s never won a championship either. Don’t care if it’s Moo St or not. MSU won as many SEC games as auburn since expansion but no trips to Atlanta for Dan. Jackie Sherrill managed to do that though.
We've been over this before. Jackie Sherrill won the west with a 8-5 overall record while also cheating during that time. MSU won the west while Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn suffered through some type of probation. LSU was coached by Gerry DiNardo who followed Curly Hallman...both sucked as coaches. Meanwhile Mullens west consisted of Nick Saban at Bama, another National Title winning coach in Les Miles at LSU, and Hugh Freeze doing whatever it took to get recruits to Ole Miss. As stated Sherrill won the SECE with an 8-5 record...Mullen had plenty of matching or better records than 8-5.

I’ve never said Mullen sucks. As a matter of fact, I’m on record saying he’s a good coach. I just don’t think he’s going to be able to handle Kirby.

My post was in response to someone claiming that we’re satisfied with a 10-3 season. I shared my thoughts on why we’re excited about the future even though we had a disappointing finish last year.

That's fair...and can y'all not understand why we are excited after splitting between our top 2 rivals 3-1 against our rivals counting UT/LSU and improving by 6 wins? How the two will do H2H will be interesting. It's going to be fun to watch.

It will be one of the better series to watch in the SEC. If Jimbo can get right, Bama/A&M will be exciting as well.

That's fair...and can y'all not understand why we are excited after splitting between our top 2 rivals 3-1 against our rivals counting UT/LSU and improving by 6 wins? How the two will do H2H will be interesting. It's going to be fun to watch.

It will be one of the better series to watch in the SEC. If Jimbo can get right, Bama/A&M will be exciting as well.
Absolutely. I’d be excited as a gator fan. Mullen exceeded my expectations in year one. I played golf with Kyle Jackson today, not sure if you remember him, but he seems to think Franks is going to have a big year. We’ll see.

I just think most Georgia fans - like me - think our time is coming. We’ve had some crushing defeats....

We get everyone's best shot in everything...that is what happens when you win recent nattys in football, baseball and basketball. Depends on the fan, but most would say nolies are biggest rival as they have had a lot more recent success vs us than dawgs.
Maybe, but playing in the same division gives us the leg up in my opinion.

This argument is lazy and you know it. Sherrill got to Atlanta going 8-4, that record wouldn’t have won the West any year dating back to 00’. Meanwhile Mullen had a team go 10-2 and finish 3rd in the division. Sherrill was also cheating his ass off. Factually, MSU has won a division title once in over 100+ years of football.

Reactions: PacoGator19
There is no maybe to it, most Gator fans consider fsu our biggest rival. I am surer there are dawg fans that consider Tech to be your biggest rival.
I generally do. Ray Goff once said if any Georgia fan thinks tech isn’t the biggest rival, try losing to em.

Traditionally and divisionally(if that's a word) UGA is UF's biggest rival. Also vice. Vice versa.

FSU is a strong argument due to being neighbors and recruiting.

I can understand UGA/GT aspect. I can even understand AU being a bigger rival to UGA.

I can also understand Miami being a bigger rival to FSU.

It's all a toss up.

Absolutely. I’d be excited as a gator fan. Mullen exceeded my expectations in year one. I played golf with Kyle Jackson today, not sure if you remember him, but he seems to think Franks is going to have a big year. We’ll see.

I just think most Georgia fans - like me - think our time is coming. We’ve had some crushing defeats....

Of course I remember ol Kyle. Hope he is doing well.

UGA's time may be coming. I do believe Mullen will be a torn in the side of UGA and vice versa. Both Smart and Mullen will win the east multiple times in the future. Both have a chance to occasionally knock Bama off its throne if they catch it right.

UF's success depends on Franks and the OL. RB, WR, TE, ST's and defense will be good to great.

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
If you were Auburn you would have a championship in the last 40 years. Spare me the usual mutt BS about cheating because you cheated to win your championship in 1980 and bowl cut has cheated since his first day on the job
You never answered me from the other thread. You said Kirby was paying players. I asked who he was paying and got nada from you. How exactly has Kirby cheated?
Do you want Gus fired?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
No Natty's since 1980 is well known, but they also have a whopping 2 or 3 conference championships since Herschel Walker left school.

If they played in the west, they likely would have finished in third place the last two seasons. This is based on losing to bammer both years, losing to LSU last year, and losing to Auburn during the regular season in 2017.

The seem to take pride in coming close to beating bammer. The same bammer team who was blown off the field by Clemson last year

It is also comical that they take their losses to bammer as a positive sign instead of just more of the same choking and losing that has always been typical of Georgia
Most Florida fans on here recognize the OP as an angry troll. Florida is predicted to be Georgia's toughest game this year. Like most prognosticators, I feel that UGA is vastly more talented but I respect Florida. There is a reason why Georgia is unanimously picked as the third most likely to win the national championship this year. I expect to face Alabama again in the SECCG and this time, I expect to win. Las Vegas predicts Alabama to win 11.5 games, UGA to win 11 games and Florida to win 9 games.

Last edited:
Ask a many of the old guard and they will spit that up and chew it out being that it is UGA as the biggest rival.
Well the old guard is dying out. The new generation of Gators consider the noles to be our biggest rival. I'm part of the old guard, and I grew up in Jax, so for me it's been dawgs. But for my sons, it's the noles. They grew up with us owning georgia and actually see Lsu as a bigger rival.

Ask a many of the old guard and they will spit that up and chew it out being that it is UGA as the biggest rival.

It seems to be around 50 for the cutoff on what people think about that with the over 50 crowd usually naming Georgia. A lot of the 50 and under crowd says FSU. It does suck worse dealing with the talk after an FSU loss living in Florida.

Reactions: gatordad3
Since this is a thread started by an Auburn fan, I'm sure nobody will mind if I hijack it just this once. Ok Georgia fans(residents), please admit it if you voted for Georgia's own, Hank Johnson. Well, for some who lives in the same district he reps.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know this is not The Gator Lounge.:eek:

Well the old guard is dying out. The new generation of Gators consider the noles to be our biggest rival. I'm part of the old guard, and I grew up in Jax, so for me it's been dawgs. But for my sons, it's the noles. They grew up with us owning georgia and actually see Lsu as a bigger rival.
Lots and lots of truth in this post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT