ADVERTISEMENT

What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently

ohsfan28

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 9, 2011
No Natty's since 1980 is well known, but they also have a whopping 2 or 3 conference championships since Herschel Walker left school.

If they played in the west, they likely would have finished in third place the last two seasons. This is based on losing to bammer both years, losing to LSU last year, and losing to Auburn during the regular season in 2017.

The seem to take pride in coming close to beating bammer. The same bammer team who was blown off the field by Clemson last year

It is also comical that they take their losses to bammer as a positive sign instead of just more of the same choking and losing that has always been typical of Georgia

This is the start of Kirby's 4th season. In 2017 and 2018, Georgia won the SEC East and finished in the top-10 in the final rankings. In his second year, 2017, Georgia won the SEC championship, played in the national title game against Bama and lost by 3 points. Georgia finished 2nd in the nation that year. I can't stand Smart or Georgia but they've accomplished a lot lately.

An interesting fact for the mutts:

Kirby Smart has never beaten a western division team on the road. Lost to Ole Miss first year, Auburn second year, and LSU last year. None of those games were even close.

Pretty good chance that streak continues. For all their yapping about owning Auburn, the mutts see 2-3 in their last five games at Auburn. One of those victories was against Auburn's second string quarterback.

Winning the east doesn't mean much in recent years. Florida fired a coach who won the east twice.

Winning the east doesn't mean much in recent years. Florida fired a coach who won the east twice.
Coach Mac made it to the SEC title game and got blown out twice. Georgia has made it twice and should have won both times. The did win the SEC title in 2017, made the 4-team playoff and then went on to finish No. 2 in the nation. If Mullen did that this year, we would throw a parade for him and appoint him as permanent Gator HC. Again, can't stand Georgia but when they won the SEC and played in the national title game 2 years ago, it's a ridiculous argument to say "what the hell have they done lately?"

It's been a little quiet among the Georgia fans around here till someone decided to
tenor.gif

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Shoulda won but didn't goes back to typical Georgia choking and finding ways to lose

Coach Mac made it to the SEC title game and got blown out twice. Georgia has made it twice and should have won both times. The did win the SEC title in 2017, made the 4-team playoff and then went on to finish No. 2 in the nation. If Mullen did that this year, we would throw a parade for him and appoint him as permanent Gator HC. Again, can't stand Georgia but when they won the SEC and played in the national title game 2 years ago, it's a ridiculous argument to say "what the hell have they done lately?"
you also ignore the fact that Georgia likely doesn't even make the SEC championship game if they play in the western division.

Georgia fans act like it is inevitable that they will win a natty soon. If that is true, it is in large part because they play in the east. It would be highly debatable at best if they played in the west

No Natty's since 1980 is well known, but they also have a whopping 2 or 3 conference championships since Herschel Walker left school.

If they played in the west, they likely would have finished in third place the last two seasons. This is based on losing to bammer both years, losing to LSU last year, and losing to Auburn during the regular season in 2017.

The seem to take pride in coming close to beating bammer. The same bammer team who was blown off the field by Clemson last year

It is also comical that they take their losses to bammer as a positive sign instead of just more of the same choking and losing that has always been typical of Georgia
You know what’s coming, bitch. Your coach hasn’t won shit, and he gets worse every year. You cheated to win, and the world knows it.

You know what’s coming, bitch. Your coach hasn’t won shit, and he gets worse every year. You cheated to win, and the world knows it.
The cheated to win is typical mutt stupidity. The mutts cheated to win their one legitimate championship, but it has been so long ago most people don't know it

What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently?

Boring troll bs, just like you and a few others that are infesting here... :cool:

The cheated to win is typical mutt stupidity. The mutts cheated to win their one legitimate championship, but it has been so long ago most people don't know it
Neither of yours, 2010 nor the half in 1957, were legitimate

Coach Mac made it to the SEC title game and got blown out twice. Georgia has made it twice and should have won both times. The did win the SEC title in 2017, made the 4-team playoff and then went on to finish No. 2 in the nation. If Mullen did that this year, we would throw a parade for him and appoint him as permanent Gator HC.

No, no we wouldn’t. You must have forgot people being royally pissed at Urban after going 13-1 in 2009 a year after winning a title. Everybody said that team underachieved. Then went 8-4 in 2010 and people were already saying he lost it. UF fans have never been content with second place. A lot of people wanted Mac gone after year 2, nobody cared about him winning the garbage division.

Funny how you and the bammer look to gain acceptance here by trashing Georgia, a team that has absolutely owned you ever since Richt showed up.

No, no we wouldn’t. You must have forgot people being royally pissed at Urban after going 13-1 in 2009 a year after winning a title. Everybody said that team underachieved. Then went 8-4 in 2010 and people were already saying he lost it. UF fans have never been content with second place. A lot of people wanted Mac gone after year 2, nobody cared about him winning the garbage division.
But you’re content with finishing 3rd in the east?

But you’re content with finishing 3rd in the east?

Context matters. People are content with 10-3 after being 4-7 a year ago. Guarantee if we’re 10-3 in year 3 nobody is going to be proclaiming a future dynasty. Take notes and act like a program who’s been there before.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Jawja math,,,,

6. UF 10-3 -- 5-3 SEC
8. UGly 11-3 -- 7-2 SECe-C
11. UK 10-3 -- 5-3 SEC

,,, makes UF 3rd in the SECe.... :rolleyes:

Context matters. People are content with 10-3 after being 4-7 a year ago. Guarantee if we’re 10-3 in year 3 nobody is going to be proclaiming a future dynasty. Take notes and act like a program who’s been there before.
Your full time job could be the intellectual bitch slapping of dawgs...

What if you’re 10-3 in year 3 with an extremely young team coming off an sec championship and national title game appearance? I agree context matters. Dominating your rivals matters too...

What if you’re 10-3 in year 3 with an extremely young team coming off an sec championship and national title game appearance? I agree context matters. Dominating your rivals matters too...

You all seem to always dodge this question but how many upperclassmen did you start? By my count it was 14 of 22 starters. Then you in particular have been telling us how you’ve outrecruited Saban the last two years, you got the best strength coach, you got the best oline coach, you got the best running backs, you got the best everything. Youth shouldn’t matter if all that’s true. Didn’t you lose the title game to a true freshman QB who had barely ever played? Didn’t Clemson just win the title with a true freshman QB? Just sounds like excuses for all your grand proclamations not coming true.

And I see you’ve already started walking back your national title predictions. This dominating your rivals bs you all want to believe is hilarious also. It’s 3-2 UF the last 5 years, 5-5 the last 10. Must be that Georgia math.

Reactions: PacoGator19
You all seem to always dodge this question but how many upperclassmen did you start? By my count it was 14 of 22 starters. Then you in particular have been telling us how you’ve outrecruited Saban the last two years, you got the best strength coach, you got the best oline coach, you got the best running backs, you got the best everything. Youth shouldn’t matter if all that’s true. Didn’t you lose the title game to a true freshman QB who had barely ever played? Didn’t Clemson just win the title with a true freshman QB? Just sounds like excuses for all your grand proclamations not coming true.

And I see you’ve already started walking back your national title predictions. This dominating your rivals bs you all want to believe is hilarious also. It’s 3-2 UF the last 5 years, 5-5 the last 10. Must be that Georgia math.
Just sharing a bit of context for you. But you’re right, things aren’t looking good in Athens and we shouldn’t be excited at all about the future. Good to know we’re preseason number 3 this upcoming season, loaded, and ready to make another title run. Maybe we should consider firing Kirby if he doesn’t win it all this year. After all, I’m sure Dan will surpass everything Kirby has accomplished at Uga in year two at Florida. What do you think? Considering those elite game-day coaching skills and all...

And no, I’m not walking back anything. I have a $300 bet with a cane that we win it all this year. Nice try, though.

Jake Fromm led us to the title game his freshmen year. Point is, we had leadership in other areas that season whereas last year we didn’t. This year will be different.

Just sharing a bit of context for you. But you’re right, things aren’t looking good in Athens and we shouldn’t be excited at all about the future. Good to know we’re preseason number 3 this upcoming season, loaded, and ready to make another title run. Maybe we should consider firing Kirby if he doesn’t win it all this year. After all, I’m sure Dan will surpass everything Kirby has accomplished at Uga in year two at Florida. What do you think? Considering those elite game-day coaching skills and all...

And no, I’m not walking back anything. I have a $300 bet with a cane that we win it all this year. Nice try, though.

Jake Fromm led us to the title game his freshmen year. Point is, we had leadership in other areas that season whereas last year we didn’t. This year will be different.

Why do you always have these female passive aggressive responses? Thinking you guys have a solid team and declaring a future dynasty with the best of everything like you have all offseason are two different things. Nobody said you weren’t a solid team. Like I already told you take notes and act like you’ve been there before, it’s very obvious you haven’t been. You think everyone should be cowering before you and a string of championships are right around the corner because you signed a highly rated recruiting class. That reads like a fan who’s never seen any real success.

Oh, more offline bets nobody can verify lol.

Why do you always have these female passive aggressive responses? Thinking you guys have a solid team and declaring a future dynasty with the best of everything like you have all offseason are two different things. Nobody said you weren’t a solid team. Like I already told you take notes and act like you’ve been there before, it’s very obvious you haven’t been. You think everyone should be cowering before you and a string of championships are right around the corner because you signed a highly rated recruiting class. That reads like a fan who’s never seen any real success.

Oh, more offline bets nobody can verify lol.
I think that’s the first time I’ve heard you say anything positive about Uga under Kirby. We’re better than solid but I’ll take it coming from you.

I haven’t seen the success you have as a fan, but I like where we are currently and where we’re headed.

Dominating your rivals matters too...

Florida's 4 biggest football rivals in the modern era, since 1950:

UF 38-30-1 UGly -- 4 decades to 2, 10's undecided

UF 33-27-3 LSU -- 3 decades to 2, 2 tied

UF 28-12 Tenn ---- 4 decades to 2, 1 tied

UF 34-25-1 FSU -- 5 decades to 2,

Combined:
UF 133-94-5 Rivals

Saying something about dominating were you??? ;)

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
I think that’s the first time I’ve heard you say anything positive about Uga under Kirby. We’re better than solid but I’ll take it coming from you.

I haven’t seen the success you have as a fan, but I like where we are currently and where we’re headed.

I’ve said plenty positive. It just flies by you because you weren’t trying to hear anything but national championships guaranteed lol. Think I told Gwinnett this might be your best chance in the next few years to win one. Better take advantage.

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
Did Fromm lead UGA to that title game? Is he getting the credit for UGA’s offense in 2017. That may be a bit of a hit on those RBs.

Florida's 4 biggest football rivals in the modern era, since 1950:

UF 38-30-1 UGly -- 4 decades to 2, 10's undecided

UF 33-27-3 LSU -- 3 decades to 2, 2 tied

UF 28-12 Tenn ---- 4 decades to 2, 1 tied

UF 34-25-1 FSU -- 5 decades to 2,

Combined:
UF 133-94-5 Rivals

Saying something about dominating were you??? ;)
Insta,

I have been around Gator football for quite a while, but I was not aware of the math you posted here !

My recollection of UGA is dominated by Vince (17-7-1) Dooley & SOS

Spurrier lifetime vs UGA all positions
1963-66 QB Florida 2-2
1978 QB Coach Florida 0-1
1979 QB Coach Georgia Tech 0-1
1990-2001 Head Coach Florida 11-1
2005-2012 Head Coach South Carolina
– 4-4
Which gives us a Lifetime 17-9 with a real butt kicking in 90-2001.
https://www.dawgsports.com/2012/10/8/3472526/steve-spurrier-life-time-versus-georgia

For me, FSU is all about Bobby Bowden.
Bowden was at the SOW for 34 years, his actual record vs Gators was 17-18-1 (Choke at Doak is the Tie). There were also two rematches in the Sugar Bowl (1-1 with Gators' 1st Nattie in 1996/97); giving Bowden 36 games against Florida.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida–Florida_State_football_rivalry

LSU & Tenn not as important to me. Did not even realize LSU series had that many games.

Lot of work to pull those results together, Insta - Thank You

Jeff, it only took me about 5-10 minutes to look at the yearly results from 1950's to now.
I didn't go by coaches, just the straight up H-2-H W/L between the teams by decades

I believe that UGly, LSU, and AU are our most often played SEC opponents, but I didn't check VU or UK so not sure about that.

Here's the full spread.by decades.

Since 1950:

1950's - UF 6 - 4 UGly
1960's - UF 6 - 3 - 1 UGly

1970's - UF 3 - 7 UGly - Dig Ducky
(Vince 'sandbagger' Dooley's 2 UGly decades)
1980's - UF 2 - 8 UGly - Pell & Hall's probation years

1990's - UF 9 - 1 UGly
2000's - UF 8 - 2 UGly -- (SOS departs after 2001, it's UF 10 - 7 UGly since then)
2010's - UF 4 - 5 UGly
Record since 1950 -- UF 38 - 30 - 1 UGly
=====

50's - UF 3-3-1 LSU (T)
60's - UF 4-4 LSU (T)
70's - UF 3-5-1 LSU
80's
- UF 5-4-1 LSU
90's - UF 9-1 LSU
00's - UF 6-4 LSU
10's - UF 3-6 LSU
Total UF 33-27-3
=====

50's - UF 1-3 TN
60's - UF 1-0 TN
70's - UF 2-2 TN (T)
80's - UF 2-0 TN
SECe Division and now forced to play UF yearly.
90's - UF 7-3 TN
00's - UF 7-3 TN
10's - UF 8-1 TN
Total UF 28 - 12 TN

50's UF 2-0 FSU
60's UF 7-2-1 FSU
70's UF 7-3 FSU
80's UF 6-4 FSU
90's UF 3-6-1 FSU
00's UF 7-3 FSU
10's UF 2-7 FSU
Total UF 34-25-1 FSU