ADVERTISEMENT

Way more than just football in the Fall...

Hey 'Head-nailed-to-da-flor..... o_O

SEC vs Big 12 Challenge

UF 80 - 61 Chokelahoma :p:p:p
I watched the 2nd half on the SEC network. Gators played very well.
Men's basketball plays undefeated FSU tomorrow night at 9 pm on ESPN2

UF Volleyball was pretty impressive, especially on defense, in beating UCLA 3-1 to move to the Elite 8 against either Minnesota or USC tomorrow at 6 pm on ESPNU. Gooooo Gators!

It's #10 USC vs UF at 6 PM.

I put W-volleyball and M-basketball both on record. ;)
=========

Double College Football Hall of Famer HBC Steve Spurrier, (now UF/UAA Sports Ambassador) has always been a Gator 'All Sports' kind of guy. -- “It affected the entire athletic program. He was a winner and I’ll never forget him canceling a football practice so his players could go watch our women play for a Tennis National Championship." -- Foley
~ UF had won 9 national titles before he became the coach and 30 since. :)

Nice article: http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/12/dooley-spurrier-unique-foursome-college-hall-fame/

Back on ignore for you. You'll have to remain on your usual level, yapping with your Mad-Dog butt-buddy on a Gator board, because your own house board doesn't want to bother with you two either... :cool:

#5 UF 66 - 60 #15 Cincy

"We have to improve on everything," Chiozza said. "Defense? We still have to get better every day at that, try to get tougher, and just continue to play together as a team and not worry about individual stats and things like that. Just play for one another. That makes the game come easier to everybody."

#2 Seed UF tops 10th-seeded USCw, 3-2, to clinch their 8th NCAA Semifinals appearance in program history.

Florida is returning to the NCAA Final Four for the first time since 2003, when it advanced to the NCAA Championship match. The Gators' 8 NCAA Semifinals appearances since 1991 are tied with USC for the 5th-most in the nation during that span.

The 3,741 Gator fans who took in the action were borderline deafening late in the 4th and 5th sets.

Florida will face #4 Seed Stanford Thursday (Dec. 14) at 9 PM in Kansas City, Mo.

FLORIDA RANKS HIGH IN RECENT GSR REPORTS

By UAA Staff | Wednesday, November 8, 2017
image_handler.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - In the latest reports from the NCAA, the University of Florida was once again recognized as a top performer in its success graduating student athletes.

The Graduation Success Rates (GSR) published on Wednesday show that 83 percent of UF student-athletes completed their degree in the latest cycle, over 20 points higher than the national average (62 percent) among all member schools.

All 21 of Florida's sports recorded GSR's above the national rate with four teams scoring a perfect 100: women's basketball, lacrosse, soccer and softball.

This fall, UF reached No. 9 in the rankings among public institutions on US News and World Reports annual list. In the spring of 2017, the overall GPA of UF student-athletes was 3.04 and 88 student-athletes earned their degree in the 2016-17 academic year.

Each year the NCAA releases a report measuring the GSR of member schools. The latest report includes information about the most recent six-year graduating class of students and student-athletes who entered as freshmen in 2010-11.
GSR Report, 2007-10 Cohorts: University of Florida
Sport - GSR - Federal Rate
Baseball 77 29
Basketball (Men) 73 44
Basketball (Women) 100 54
CC/Track (Men) 68 54
CC/Track (Women) 94 86
Football 77 48
Golf (Men) 78 63
Golf (Women) 88 86
Gymnastics 85 70
Lacrosse 100 69
Soccer 100 76
Softball 100 72
Swimming & Diving (Men) 70 62
Swimming & Diving (Women) 81 66
Tennis (Men) 91 40
Tennis (Women) 89 88
Volleyball 82 64

The #2 Seed Gators (29-1) are here to face #4 Seed Stanford (30-3) in the Final Four on Thur. Dec. 14th at 9 PM on ESPN.

The winner will face the Neb vs PSU winner on Sat. Dec. 16th at 9 PM.

UF vs. Nebraska Saturday 9 pm on ESPN@ for the NCAA Volleyball title. Nebraska edged out Penn St. 3-2 and Florida beat Stanford 3-2 to reach the finals. Nebraska will have the crowd advantage with the tournament being held in Kansas City. They average 8500 per game in Lincoln and had a huge following in attendance for the semis. But this Gator team is talented and resilient. Should be fun to watch.

Yep! :)

Saturday's a big day for the Gators, beginning with Men's B-Ball.

'The Orange Bowl Classic' at the BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
6-3 UF vs Clemson 8-1 - Saturday Dec 16th at 4:30 PM
SEC / ACC Challenge - TV FS2 & Fox Sports Florida
===============

UF 25 +25+18+19 = 87 + 15 = 102 = 3

SU 22+21+25+25 = 93 +10 = 103 = 2

"You start the season, you're all dreaming for that one shot to be playing in that last match,'' Wise said.
"We get a chance." Saturday Dec 16th at 9 PM on ESPN2

#2 Seed 30-1 UF vs Neb 31 - 4 #5 Seed

The Bare Bones of UF's 81 - 74 VU win.

3-Gor - 22 Pts on 5 of 13 shooting, 2 of 4 from the Arc, 10/10 FT's.
He is leading the team in FT%, 40 of 41 on the season for 97.6% :eek:

And the 'Russian Rocket' led the team with 10 Rbs.

Swish Cheeze - 17 Pts, 4 Rbs, 3 Asts

Keeve - 16 Pts

Hayes - 7 Pts, 5 Rbs, 4 Blks, 2 Asts

The team went 27 of 30 from the FT line, for 90%. o_O
They currently lead the SEC with a 77.7% team average. :cool:
-----

Next Up: @ #5 aTm on Tues. Jan. 2nd at 9 PM on ESPN2

UF 83 - 66 @ #11 aTm (-17)

From the Arc the Gators were 17 of 28, 60.7%, with 51.6% FG's overall.
That was against the Nation's #4 Ranked FG defense, in their house. :eek:

3-Gore 19 Pts - 5 of 6 (83.3%) from the Arc.
Stone 18 Pts - 4 of 6 (66.7%) from the Arc.
Hudson 11 Pts - 3 of 4 (75.0%) from the Arc.
Hudson is still coming back from his virus 'off' week.
And reserve freshman SG Ballard went 2 of 3 (66.7%) from the Arc.
Ballard also had 3 Asts with 0 T-O's.
----
The Cheeze had 12 Pts, 4 Rbs, 9 Asts, 2 T-O's, 4 Stls.
While Hayes went 4 of 4 on FG's for 8 Pts, 7 Rbs, 5 Blks, 4 Asts.

TEAM -- 25 Assists on their 33 FG's with just 7 T-O's.

Vandy's HC said that the Gators FT shooting killed them, so what was the SEC's response to that news?
~ The always crappy SEC Officials, sent the Gator's to the FT line just once in the entire game @ aTm. :mad:

BTW & FYI -- Mike White is #4 in SEC history for win totals after his 1st 2 season. So, while he's still learning, he certainly NOT chopped liver... :cool:

Last edited:

The Gators get another Honda Award winner,,, Volleyball's 4x-AA Rhamat Alhassan. She is the Gator's 1st winner as a Volleyball player.

The Honda Cup Award has been presented annually by the CWSA for the past 42 years to the top collegiate female athlete in 12 different sports each season. The award signifies "the best of the best in collegiate athletics." She had already been named the SEC's Volleyball PoY.

That's the 4th Honda Cup Award in just the last 2 Years, and the 23rd for the Lady Gators.
Alhassan/Volleyball - Barnhill/Softball - McMurtry/Gymnastics - Woolcock/Tennis

http://floridagators.com/news/2018/1/4/alhassan-named-volleyballs-honda-award-winner.aspx

(11-3, 3-0 SEC) UF 77 - 75 @ Mizzou

Five Gator's scoring in double figures:
16 Pts Hudson, including 7 of the last 9 Pts scored.
15 Pts
3-Gore, 8 Rbs
13 Pts Cheeze-Wizzzz, 6 Asts, 1 T-O, and 1 game winning STEAL!
13 Pts Stone, 6 Rbs, continues with his solid development.
10 Pts Hayes, 5 Rbs, 4 Stls, he's back, on and off the court!
-----
5 Pts Okauru 2 Ast, 1 T-O
2 Pts Allen 2 Ast
2 Pts Ballard 1 Rb, 1 Stl
1 Pt Gak 3 Rbs

Team = 13 Asts to 6 T-O's, 6 Stls, 3 Blks
A bit of an 'off-day' shooting but solid on defense.
FG's - 26 of 59 for 44%
ARC - 8 of 22 for 36%
FT's - 17 of 25 for 68%.

Quotes of Note:
"It took everybody who played to win this game," Hudson said. "Everyone contributed."

"We are getting tougher," Florida coach Mike White said. "We showed poise, we showed resiliency, we showed maturity. Even when Missouri made some late-clock daggers, we stuck together and stayed the course."

http://floridagators.com/news/2018/...e-wiz-chiozza-gators-steal-one-at-mizzou.aspx

Totally disagree. There are a lot of us Gators out here who follow ALL Gator sports. And I, for one, am getting more and more interested in the programs where the student/athletes actually appreciate their scholarships and aren't getting suspended. More care about football, I get that. But to say that "hardly anyone" cares about anything but football or basketball is completely wrong.
I completely agree. We are blessed to be fans of the number 1 ranked athletic college in the country (per numerous rating agencies and me too). I gotta believe there are more than a few totally UF sports fans immersed in the current basketball season and just as many if not more, looking forward to another championship baseball season. Have you ever followed the women’s soccer and volleyball teams? If not, you’re missing out imo.
I've always been there and always will. I LOVE UF sports programs, all of them.

The relatively new Gator's Lacrosse team has been their conference champ every year but their first of existence. :eek: They have yet to win a NC, but they are in the conversation every year now...
-----

And please don't overlook UF's recent 3-Peat NC Gymnasts either. o_O
(they just began their 2018 season ranked at #2 in the nation)

The SEC Freshman of the Week award has begun early for the Gators.
One meet into her collegiate career and Florida's Jazmyn Foberg is already collecting accolades. Foberg is the first SEC Freshman Gymnast of the Week recipient for the 2018 season. Foberg is among the Gators' 4 gymnasts who rate as the nation's top freshman class by CollegeGymFans.com.
http://floridagators.com/news/2018/...2018s-first-sec-freshman-gymnast-of-week.aspx

Unlike so many others, UF is NOT a one pony sports show.... ;)
Since 2006, UF has 2 Football NC's, 2 B-Ball NC's, and a Baseball NC in the men's big 3 sports. :cool:
While there is an even longer list of NC's in the Women's sports... o_O

Especially, since the early 1990s, the Florida Gators athletic program has been recognized as the best overall in the SEC and one of the best in the nation. The SEC has awarded an All-Sports Trophy to the best overall sports program in the conference since 1984, and Florida has won the award 27 times as of 2017 (33 Yrs). :eek:

Every year since 1983, the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) has recognized the Gators athletic program as one of the 10 best overall Division I athletic programs in the country in its annual NACDA Directors' Cup standings. (34 Consecutive Top 10''s)
Florida continues to lead the nation in consecutive Top 10 finishes.

Florida is the only school in NCAA Division I history to hold the men's basketball and football championships during the same school year. In January 2009, the Gators football team won the 2009 BCS National Championship Game with a 24–14 victory over the Oklahoma Sooners. The Gators won the NCAA men's indoor track and field championship in 3 consecutive seasons in 2010, 2011 and 2012, the NCAA women's swimming and diving team national championship in 2010, the NCAA women's tennis championship in 2011, 2012 and 2017, the NCAA men's outdoor track and field championship in 2012, 2013 and 2016, the NCAA women's gymnastics championship in 2013, 2014 and 2015, and the NCAA softball championships in 2014 and 2015.[32] Individual Gator athletes have won 279 individual NCAA championships in boxing, golf, gymnastics, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field. In 2017, Florida won the baseball national championship. The Gators swept LSU in the best of 3 national title series. This earned the university a total of 39 national team championships.

Additionally, this put the UF in exclusive company. With the 2017 baseball national championship, Florida became only the 4th school in history to win national championships in the Men's Big 3 -- football, basketball, and baseball. Florida, along with Michigan, Ohio State, and UCLA are the only schools to ever achieve triple crown status. This also put Florida in a category by itself. Florida is the only SEC school to accomplish this feat, as well, Florida is the only school in history to have achieved triple crown status in such a short span of time. Florida's national championships in the big three sports (football, men's basketball, and baseball) were won in the span of just over two decades.

If you're a Gator and all you care about is phootball,,, o_O then you're missing out on a whole lot by being a one pony show fan... :cool:

I've finally figured out where the incontinent HS refs go after being fired, the SEC hires them.... :rolleyes:

Yet again, we get to suffer through another game officiated by the 'inconsistent-incompetent' excuse for SEC refs. o_O -- On one end of the floor, they let the MsSt big man repeatedly drop his shoulder and ram into the Gator defender on his was to the basket. Then on the other end of the floor, they call charging on the Gator player for a strong move to the basket or on a drive to the basket. I'm just sick of that kind of total crap! :mad:

I used to think that it was bias and/or corruption on their part, but now I've decided that they are just incompetent as refs,,, but I'm sure that they will continue to be an embarrassment to the SEC and hated my most fans. They are fast approaching the sub-standard levels of the ACC football officials.... :oops:

Thank goodness that this time at least, they couldn't affect the outcome of the game. :p
=============

12-4, 4-0 SEC -- UF 71 - 54 MsSt (-17)
The Gator's defense accounted for the score spread.
~ Team Rbs: UF 38 - 31 MsSt

3-GOR 23 Pts, 8 Rbs - 4/5 Arc 80%, 2 Ast, 4 T-O
~ He Scored the Gator's 1st 13 Pts.
Hudson 12 Pts, 5/5 FT's - 2 T-O, 1 Ast, 1 Blk (off night shooting)
Stone 10 Pts, 8 Rbs, 4 T-O's (badly needs Hayes type energy)
Cheeeze 10 Pts, 7 Ast, 1 T-O, 3 Stls (the Gator's Energizer Bunny)
Hayes 6 Pts, 7 Rbs, 3 Blks, 2 Stls, only 1 T-O (glad he's back!)
Allen - 3 Pts, 2 Ast, 1 T-O, 1 Stl (saved his Soph-slump for his Jr season)
-----
Okauru - 18 Min, 3 Pts, 2 Rbs, 1 Ast, 0 T-O, 1 Stl (learning fast)
Gak - 5 Min, 2 Pts on 1/2, 1 Rb
Bassett - 4 Min, 2 Pts on 1/3, 1 Rb
DNP/No Stats - Ballard - Johnson - Egbunu - Stokes -- Krause - Fava
-----
Gak is a 'good guy' but can someone please get him some help with his physical development. He plays like the over big, clumsy 8th grader, that is too tall and can't jump as high as a 6 foot guard can. Plus there are old ladies that move around better and with more aggressiveness. :cool:

~ And you might want to send Bassett with him to his coordination and jumping classes...
Nothing personal, I like them both. But I'd like them even more if they learned to play up to their physical potentials. o_O
====================

Are you ready for some preseason #1 Gator BASEBALL???
!st Team AA's - P Michael Byrne & P Brady Singer, 3rd Team AA - P Jackson Kowar

The 2018 Season opens on Feb. 16th vs Sienna.
http://floridagators.com/news/2018/1/11/baseball-no-1-gators-chase-title-repeat.aspx
==============

USTFCCCA Preseason Rankings for Indoor T&F

1. Florida
2. UGly
3. Ark
4. USCw
5. Colo

Edit PS

Hey Schwartz, notice who's missing in that Top 5??? o_O --- :rolleyes:

#7 UF Gymnastics team in a tight match with #1 LSU on the SEC Network Friday night. Teams finished 2 & 3 in the nation last year and UF had the #1 recruiting class in the country. High Quality athletics early in the season.

#7 UF Gymnastics team in a tight match with #1 LSU on the SEC Network Friday night. Teams finished 2 & 3 in the nation last year and UF had the #1 recruiting class in the country. High Quality athletics early in the season.

Yep, the Women's Gymnastic competition level is pretty harsh in the SEC most years now. UF - UGly --- LSU - UA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT