ADVERTISEMENT

Way more than just football in the Fall...

UF soccer beat Vandy in Nashville this afternoon 3-0, while the #1 volleyball team took care of Georgia at home 3-0. There's more going on than just football!!

UF soccer beat Vandy in Nashville this afternoon 3-0, while the #1 volleyball team took care of Georgia at home 3-0. There's more going on than just football!!

Yep I’ve got to watch a lot of volleyball lately and there’s more others things than football to watch…

Reactions: nail1988
Yep I’ve got to watch a lot of volleyball lately and there’s more others things than football to watch…

#1 Volleyball
http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=volleyball

#9 Soccer
http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=soccer

Golf - Gator's finish 5th at Nike Golf Collegiate
http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=golf-men

Swimming & Diving Award Recipients:
http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=swimmingdiving-men

Cross Country - Building momentum at Florida State Invitational
http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=crosscountry

Or you can just watch the usual circle of jerks do their usual idiot things on a thread that they have NO interest in... :rolleyes:
I wonder (not really) which jerk has added his usual unneeded stupidity to this thread this time? :confused:

The SWAMP has been drained. The next step is to turn it into something useful, like a parking lot for the Basketball and Baseball seasons... :rolleyes:

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Bad weekend all around for UF athletics. In addition to the football debacle, the soccer team dropped games to FSU (2-0) and Auburn (1-0) and the #1 ranked volleyball team was upset at home by #8 Kentucky 3-1.

The SEC-W in Football, but it's still the SEC-E in Basketball: :cool:

Preseason Media Poll

1. Kentucky
2. Florida

3. Texas A&M
4. Alabama
5. Missouri
6. Arkansas
7. Vanderbilt
8. Georgia

So, 5 of the Top 8 are East teams, including the Top 2.

* SG/PG KeVaughn Allen is named to the 'Jerry West' Watch List.
~ He was also named a
1st Team All SEC player.

The Pre-season USA-Today Coach Poll is out.

1. Duke
2. MichSt
3. Kan
4. UK
5. Ari
6. Vill
7. UF -- (#2 SEC)
8. WichSt
9. NC
10. WVa

UF was also 1 of 4 teams Nationally, and the only SEC team, to receive a 1st-place vote, along with Duke, Michigan State and Arizona. (that could also be the coming Final Four) ;)

It's back on the winning track for the Gators: :)

#20 Gator Soccer 13-4, 7-2 SEC won 2 - 1 @ #11 Tennis-sea in front of the 2nd largest crowd in UT history. This is the 9th time in the all-time series history that both teams ranked in the top-25 for a meeting. Next UP: Our Gators face #3 South Carolina at home on Thursday @ 6-PM for Senior Nite.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/22/soccer-no-20-gators-win-2-1-at-no-11-tennessee.aspx

#4 Gator Volleyball 16-1, 8-1 SEC takes out AU 3-1.with balanced offense
The Gators had 5 players with at least 8 kills each in the match @ AU.
Florida leads the all-time series 18-8-3.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...e-powers-no-4-gators-through-four-setter.aspx

ATHENS, Ga. – #15 Ranked Anna Danilina will be playing for her second singles title of the fall season. The Gator senior has not dropped a set during her run to the final. UF senior Anna Danilina won 2 more singles rounds on Sunday and advanced to the final of the ITA Southeast Regional Championships.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/22/womens-tennis-danilina-to-play-for-ita-regional-title.aspx

#7-8 Gator B-Ball opens the season with a Hurricane Relief exibitioon game with JU tonight, 11-2-17.

#4 Gator Volley ball sweeps @ #6 UK.

#17 Gator Soccer plays #11 aTm tonight for a berth in the SEC Tourney final.

image_handler.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla – The No. 20 Florida women defeated Florida Gulf Coast, 173-125, handing the Eagles' their first loss of the season.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...ving-florida-women-top-fgcu-in-dual-meet.aspx

Gator soccer team underachieved this year, at least according to their normal standards. Finished 3rd in the SEC regular season and beat by Texas A&M in the SEC tournament semifinals. Maybe they can get on a run in the upcoming NCAA tournament and make some waves.

Volleyball team is 20-1, ranked #4 in the country and is tied with Kentucky for 1st place in the SEC, having split the season series with them. They have a real chance to make a run at the national title.

Basketball team is getting cranked up and could have a really nice season.

UF 94 - 57 TU -- on 54% shooting, and 12/25 48% from the Arc.
The Exhibition Season is over. Next UP:
The season opener vs Gardener-Webb on Monday Nov. 13th.

The Gators finished with 10 players that each scored at least 6 Pts.

SG/SF Jalen Hudson rsJr - 18 Pts including 60% from the Arc.
SG/PG KeVaughn Allen - 11 Pts, 4 Rbs, 4 Asts
PF Keith Stone rsSo - 12 Pts, 6 Rbs

PG Michael Okauru Fr - 11 Pts, 3 Rbs,1 Ast, 1 TO
SF/PF Chase Johnson Fr - 6 Pts, 7 Rbs (coming back off concussion protocols)
=============

The #4 Gator Volleyball Team 20-1, 12-1 SEC, took a 3-0 broom to Tennis-sea.
===========

Gator Men's Tennis Capture 2 Championships.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/11/5/mens-tennis-captures-two-championships-on-sunday.aspx

Just in case it hasn't registered on everyone, the Gators have gone to the Elite-8 in 5 of the last 7 years.
It seems to me that UF has gone from being a football school, to a basketball school, IF you are judging by the levels of accomplishment since 2009.... ;)

SG/PG KeVaughn Allen's Pre-Season Recognitions:
1st Team All SEC
Jerry West Watch List
Oscar Robertson Watch List (B-Ball Heisman)
~ Allen has played PG in both exhibition games for the injured Sr PG Cheezzee.
===========

Another Florida volleyball honor
ESPNW named Florida senior outside hitter Carli Snyder its National Volleyball Player of the Week on Tuesday. Snyder recorded 27 kills, 21 digs and 6 blocks in the Gators’ two three-game sweeps last week @ No. 6 Kentucky and Tennessee.

SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 193 Jr - Little Rock, Ark
Named to Citizen Naismith Trophy Watch List for National PoY.
This is his 4th preseason honor as he's also named to the:
~ Jerry West Award Watch List
~ Oscar Robertson Award Watch List
~ Preseason 1st Team All SEC
(iG hopes that he sticks around for his Sr season -- crosses fingers)
-----------
The newest additions to Mike White's Gator Team, LOI' signed:

"We're really excited about both of these young men and their future at UF," White said. "They are outstanding guys and talented players who we expect to fit in well, both in our team's culture and style of play." (With 'Cheese' a Sr and Allen a Jr, these two were certainly needed)

SG/PG Noah Locke 6-3 205 **** - Owings Mills, Md
Scout.com ranked him as the #1 outside shooter in the nation.
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5135862/noah-locke
Holy-crap, this kid (#23)will open up a can of shooters Drano on ya.

PG Andrew Nembhard 6-4 190 ***** - Thornhill, Ontario
One of the best passers and playmakers in the nation with a Top 30 Player ranking.

This kid (#5) is a very solid all around team player.

Welcome to the Gator Nation guys, and another GREAT recruiting job by Coach Mike White!

#3 Regional Seed Gator Soccer opens NCAA Tourney play with a 3-1 win over S.Ala.
Next up USF. GooooooooooooGATORS!

=========

#4 Gator Volleyball 22-1, 14-1 SEC blast Mizzou 3-1 on Senior Day.
The win puts UF a half game ahead of UK in the SEC race.
Most know about the power hitters that the Gator have, but don't know about their defense.
UF has held its opponent below a .185 hitting percentage in 21 of its 23 matches this season

==========

All 11 Lady Gators scored and presented new Women's B-Ball Head CoachCam Newbauer with his 1st win in his coaching debut. UF 82 - 66 GaSt.
Next up @ home on Tues at 7 PM is ArkSt.

The soccer team underachieved a little this year compared to their normal high standards, finishing 3rd in the SEC during the regular season and getting beat in the conference tournament semifinals. However, having made it to the Sweet 16 before getting bounced 3 straight years in the NCAA tournament, UF finally broke through to the Elite 8 this year and will meet South Carolina in Columbia Friday at 6 pm for the right to go to the Final 4.

Meanwhile the #3 volleyball team (23-1) needs to beat Auburn at home on Wednesday and at Missouri Saturday to assure themselves of their 23rd SEC title. If Kentucky wins out they would tie Florida with 1 conference loss each. Missouri is the 3rd best team in the SEC, so the last game will be a tough one for the Gators, but Mary Wise has put together another quality team that can challenge for a national title. On top of that they just signed 4 players to come aboard next year, including 1 player ranked in the Top 60 and 3 in the Top 25, including the #1 ranked high school player in the nation, Thayer Hall from Spartanburg, S.C.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I used to be a regular for volleyball games in the old O'Dome. Not so much anymore. IF I could teleport into the games I'd go, but the rigga-marole of getting there and then getting back home is a pain in my old azz now days. :(

And I have a Gator-Goal Soccer T that they threw out to the crowd at the games when they scored. I had it signed by the National Championship team and coaches at the post season celebration. A prized Gator memorabilia that's in my extensive collection. :)

Last edited:
Florida placed 5 student-athletes on this year's All-SEC Team, with SEC PoYRhamat Alhassan leading the way. Alhassan leads the Nation in blocks per set (1.80) and she ranks 18th Nationally in hitting percentage (.401)

Head coach Mary Wise, now in her 27th year with the Gators, and Kentucky's Craig Skinner were named SEC Co-Coaches of the Year. It is the 15th such award of Wise's career.

Read More At: http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...the-year-five-gators-earn-all-sec-honors.aspx

==============

The SEC will be represented in the 2017 NCAA College Cup field. Which SEC team that will make the Final Four will be determined Friday when No. 3 regional seed Florida meets No. 1 regional seed South Carolina in NCAA Soccer Elite-8 Quarterfinal action. Match time is 6 p.m. at the Eugene E. Stone III Stadium.

Read More At: http://floridagators.com/index.aspx?path=soccer

Volleyball will definitely be a Top 4 seed, meaning they will host until the Final 4. They have earned it this year and have a legit shot to win Mary Wise's 1st national title. Penn St. is #1, Minnesota and Stanford are both great and Nebraska is excellent, as is Kentucky and Texas. But the Gators are in the mix.

Soccer fell in the Elite 8 Friday at South Carolina 2-0. And the Men's basketball team plays #1 Duke tonight in the finals of the PK80 Tournament, Motion Division, in Portland, Oregon. North Carolina & Michigan St. play in the other final. Gators are a fun team to watch this year, but may have their hands full with the Dookies.

Volleyball -- Yeee HAW! :D

Soccer -- Aw shucks... :( -- but they still had a very good season. :)

Basketball -- Coach K is busy telling his troops that UF could be a hand full. ;)

The nice thing is this, win or lose, the Gators are very likely a Dance team, and after that, you win 6 in a row and you're the NC. Lose one and you go home. I like their chances. At least another Elite-8 appearance or I'd be very disappointed in them, barring a rash of injuries.

I agree whole heartedly that they are at least real FUN to watch! :cool:

The Gator Volleyball team is a #2 SEED Overall. Florida will host NCAA Tournament matches each of the next two weekends.

Florida hosts its NCAA First & Second Round matches Thursday and Friday. The Gators will face Alabama State—their NCAA First Round opponent from 2016—Thursday at 7 p.m., while College of Charleston and Miami will square off at 4:30 p.m. The winners face one another Friday at 7 p.m.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
The Gator Volleyball team is a #2 SEED Overall. Florida will host NCAA Tournament matches each of the next two weekends.

Florida hosts its NCAA First & Second Round matches Thursday and Friday. The Gators will face Alabama State—their NCAA First Round opponent from 2016—Thursday at 7 p.m., while College of Charleston and Miami will square off at 4:30 p.m. The winners face one another Friday at 7 p.m.

Insta I can’t find anything about if they are going to be televised or not… Donyou have any info?

Not posted yet, but I doubt the 1st 2 rounds will be on TV anywhere except SEC+. The Final 4 is always carried on the ESPN stations, but the volleyball tournament doesn't get the coverage it deserves. Maybe this year they'll carry more of the earlier rounds, but don't count on it. I'm resigned to watching it on my computer screen via the WatchESPN app. That's how I watched the Gator soccer team in the NCAA tourney, even the Elite 8 match with the Gamecocks.

Sad but true ocala, :( I keep on wishing that they would cover the other sports a bit better, especially the NCAA Tourneys.... :cool:

Just confirmed that UF's volleyball match tonight with Alabama St. is only on SEC+, as is the 2nd round game tomorrow night against either College of Charleston or Miami. Too bad.

Do what I did and purchase a Roku then set it up to your wireless install the ESPN app then off you go watching it on your TV.
Yeah, my son's already offered to do that for me. But I've got a nice big LCD monitor for my desktop and get a nice picture there.

Gator Volleyball crushed Alabama St. tonight 25-9, 25-12, 25-9 and will play Miami tomorrow night at 7 for a berth in the Sweet 16.

UF's volleyball team advanced to the Sweet 16 tonight, winning a tough match against Miami 25-12, 19-25, 25-11, 25-23. They will host the Regional Finals next weekend, with the favorites to join them being #15 UCLA, who they would play first, then the winner of #7 Minnesota & #10 Southern Cal. Those teams haven't earned their way in yet, but are the seeded teams in their part of the bracket.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Hey 'Head-nailed-to-da-flor..... o_O

SEC vs Big 12 Challenge

UF 80 - 61 Chokelahoma :p:p:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT