ADVERTISEMENT

Way more than just football in the Fall...

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Gators get a 1-2 sweep for the third time in the Triple Jump!

2012 Olympics

2016 Olympics

2017 World Championships

It's into the history books for Christian Taylor (2009-11) and William Claye (2010-11)

Taylor became the first triple jumper in history to win three world titles. The reigning two-time Olympic gold medalist also won world titles in 2011 and 2015. Moreover, Taylor is the first man in history to win consecutive triple jump world titles.

Claye collected this third World Championships medal,
adding it to bronze medals from 2011 and 2013. The reigning two-time Olympic silver medalist became the fifth three-time triple jump World Championships medalist in history.

Genevieve LaCaze (2009-12) will be running today, Friday (Aug. 11) in the 3,000-meter steeplechase final at 4:25 p.m. ET on the Olympic Channel. LaCaze is the first Aussie in history to make the World Championships final.

As for the Gator newbee....
In the only other event of the night featuring a Gator, incoming freshman Hakim Sani Brown finished 7th in the 200 meters final.
Sani Brown was the youngest World Championships 200 finalist in history
, a record previously held by Usain Bolt, who finished 8th in the 2005 final the day before his 19th birthday. Sani Brown turned 18 in March. :eek:

So it's time for the 100 Meter Sprinter and WR Schwartz to commit to being another Gator 2 sport Star! -- I got a few chuckles reading here... http://www.gatorchatter.com/threads/schwartz-beats-demps-hs-100m-dash-record.14472/

Gator Results at the Track & Field World Championships can be found here.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...gold-silver-sweep-at-world-championships.aspx

Five Star PG Andrew Nembhard 6-3 180 - Montverde, FL (Thornhill, Ontario)
He's a UPlay Canada product that made noise earlier this month by reclassifying into the 2018 class and, as a result, some of the top schools in college basketball have come calling.

Five programs have begun to stand out for the five-star prospect. “Probably, Florida, Stanford, Gonzaga, and UConn, the most, but Ohio State is coming in, too,” he said.

Florida: “Their style of play definitely stands out. Their point guards they have been producing like Kasey Hill and Chris Chiozza, they play fast, like I want to play like, and play full court defense, which is what I want. They give their guards a lot of freedom.”

https://florida.rivals.com/news/five-standing-out-for-five-star-andrew-nembhard

A few that Coach White is looking at for the 2018 class:

PG Elijah Weaver 6-4, 195, 4-star, 46th in ESPN Top 100 – He's from Oldsmar (Fla.) Christian School. Weaver has set an official visit for Florida on Sept. 16. He played on the same team as current Gator rsFr PF Dontay Basset.

SF Khavon Moore 6-8, 195, 4-star, 45th in ESPN Top 100 - Macon, Ga. - The Gator coaches have built a good relationship. Moore is a SF with PG like skills who has excellent court vision in transition. He’d be a good fit in White’s up-tempo offense.

PF Emmitt Williams 6-8, 220, 5-star, 12th in ESPN Top 100 — Though Florida is primarily targeting SF and PG's in the 2018 class, it would make an exception with Williams. He's a Micky-D AA level talent. He is at IMG Academy in Bradenton. Gator coaches have a relationship with IMG, having signed 2017 center Isaiah Stokes from there last fall.
==========

Newbee Gators for the 2017-18 season:

SG/SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 205 - (Grad-Sr xfer)

SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsJr - (VaTech xfer, sat out 2016-17)
-----------
PG Mike Okauru 6-3 180 Fr

SG/SF DeAundrae Ballard 6-5 195 Fr

SF Chase Johnson 6-9 205 Fr

PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 240 rsFr - (from HS 6-8 205, red-shirted)

PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 Fr - (rehabbing HS ACL)

I'm looking forward to seeing how they fit in and play this season. :cool:

MARIETTA — When RHP Kelly Barnhill graduated from Pope in 2015, she left having set a single-season state record with 534 strikeouts while guiding the Lady Greyhounds to their first fast-pitch softball state championship.

That season, Barnhill was named the USA Today’s All-USA Softball Player of the Year and was selected as the Gatorade Georgia Player of the Year.

When Barnhill returned to Pope on Tuesday to throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the Lady Greyhounds’ Region 7A game against North Atlanta, Pope coach Chris Turco dubbed her as “the face of softball in America.”

“She’s a superstar, and it’s just a matter of time before we retire her No. 22 officially. It’s unofficially retired now, and we’ll wait until she’s built her career past college before we do anything official, but when we do, she’ll be the first and only retired number for softball.”

The Gator's RHP Kelly Barnhill took home a slew of Player of the Year awards for her performance, including Top Honors from USA Softball, ESPNW and Honda. She was a 1st-Team All-American and the SEC Pitcher of the Year.

After the season, Barnhill won an ESPY Award as the Nation’s Best Female Collegiate Athlete, accepting the award in Los Angeles during ESPN’s annual awards show.

iG -- But the best news in all of that is,,, that she'll be a Gator for 2 more years!!! :D

Last edited:
Sometimes stuff that I consider 'funny things' occur to me.... :cool:

That 'equality thingy' apparently only goes so far,,, and then it disappears at the drop of a visor. o_O

Ambassador Steve Spurrier - Age 72
Coach Becky Burleigh - Age ???

Gator NT/DT Tedarrell Slaton 6-4 358
Gator Soccer Forward Melanie Monteagudo 5-8 ???

I guess the 'equality thingy' is a lot more flexable on one side than some would ever like to admit... :D:D -- jus-sayin' ;)

Lady Gator's Football.... (soccer) ;)
#7 UF 5 - 0 Troy -- There Gators are now 2-0. It is the 21st consecutive Florida appearance in the coaches' association preseason poll and the 6th straight year the Gators open among the Nation's top 10.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...ferent-gators-in-sundays-5-0-win-vs-troy.aspx

=============

#12 UF Volleyball. This is the 26th consecutive year that the Gators have started the season ranked in the Top 25, and that's the 3rd longest Top 25 streak in the Nation.
The O & B Exibition Match is on Aug 19th vs Coastal Carolina and is also Fan Day.
The 2017 season opens in Gainesville in the VERT Challenge (Aug 25-26) which includes #1 TX & #5 Neb.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...ked-no-12-in-avca-preseason-coaches-poll.aspx

#7 UF Soccer knocks off #1 Ranked Stanford. :eek:

#12 UF Volleyball knocks off #1 Ranked Texas. :eek:

So now the bandwagon begins to fill up.... ;)

#7 UF Soccer knocks off #1 Ranked Stanford. :eek:

#12 UF Volleyball knocks off #1 Ranked Texas. :eek:

So now the bandwagon begins to fill up.... ;)
I've always been there and always will. I LOVE UF sports programs, all of them.

I've always been there and always will. I LOVE UF sports programs, all of them.

Yep, me and you ocala.... But most of the rest of them are only part time at best, or they try to reduce the Lady Gator sports to a T&A circus... (buttwipe lil'boyz)

Only one person could carry on an entire conversation with himself for 9 posts and be thoroughly entertained. Do we have an update on the Intramural powder-puff football team and the Freshmen Flag Football team? I hear they are supposed to destroy everyone this year! Keep up the good work, as always.

Can we get an update on future NFL HOF qb Timmy Tebow? I haven't been able to find many NFL stats on him and since you claim he is better than Brady, Wilson, Newton, or Manning, I thought you might be able to enlighten me with an update. Glad to see you haven't changed since we last interacted on here. I'm sure they miss you on Volquest.

Reactions: nail1988
Only one person could carry on an entire conversation with himself for 9 posts and be thoroughly entertained. Do we have an update on the Intramural powder-puff football team and the Freshmen Flag Football team? I hear they are supposed to destroy everyone this year! Keep up the good work, as always.

Can we get an update on future NFL HOF qb Timmy Tebow? I haven't been able to find many NFL stats on him and since you claim he is better than Brady, Wilson, Newton, or Manning, I thought you might be able to enlighten me with an update. Glad to see you haven't changed since we last interacted on here. I'm sure they miss you on Volquest.

Moronic Rival Tennis-sea Fan Troll Alert. (11-1)
Typical lies with the usual 'straw-man' support staff is now in action.
Those with one pony shows, that now have a lame pony, never want to admit how irrelevant they are, nor how successful their rivals are. :p

Lady Gator Soccer Ranking jumped from #8 to #2.

Lady Gator Volleyball Ranking jumped from #12 to #3.

The #3, 4-0 Gator's Volleyball team notched their 3rd Top-20 Win, a 3-0 SWEEP of N.C.
They are now the only team in the Nation with 3 Top 20 wins, 2 were Top 5 opponents.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-top-20-win-with-sweep-of-north-carolina.aspx

The #2, 5-1-0 Gator's Soccer team shutout Portland in the Nike/Husky Invitational on Sunday.
Next up is FSU at home this Friday night at 7 PM.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...eattle-trip-with-1-0-win-versus-portland.aspx

Gator Golf and Corss Courntry open their season this week.

* Thank gawd that there's more than just phootball to watch at UF.... o_O

National Champion and Head Coach of the Year Kevin O'Sullivan has had a Top 5 recruiting class for 5 years in a row and 7 times in the last 9 years. He said he likes the number of up-the-middle players and the balance of hitters and pitchers in this year's class.
For 2017 he has the #2 ranked class in the nation. Of the 17 newcomers, 5 players were selected in the 2017 MLB Draft. The groups includes 13 freshman and 4 junior college transfers.

The Gators earned a Top 8 national seed for NCAA play for the 8th time in 9 years, the best mark of any school in the country.

* The SEC has 4 of the Top 5 ranked recruiting classes,,, and 7 of the Top 10, with 10 in the Top 25.

=========
Current Rankings - #3 Gator Volleyball - #7 Gator Soccer (UF 1-0 Ms)

Gator Tennis: 6 players from the Florida men’s tennis team and 3 from the defending National Champion Gators women’s team landed in the ITA preseason rankings.
==========

Coach White is looking at 3 PG's for the coming class after losing Hill and Chiozza in consecutive years.
Andrew Nembhard 6-4 185 ***** -- Clermont, FL
Elijah Weaver 6-5 190 **** -- Albany, GA / Oldsmar, FL
Devon Dotson 6-2 180 **** -- Charlotte, NC

Reactions: ocalaman
Thanks for the updates Insta. I just got my power back on tonight after being out since Sunday night. Long week.

Hardly anyone gives a sh*t about anything other than football. Maybe a few about March madness but the rest literally doesn't register at all.

Hardly anyone gives a sh*t about anything other than football. Maybe a few about March madness but the rest literally doesn't register at all.
Totally disagree. There are a lot of us Gators out here who follow ALL Gator sports. And I, for one, am getting more and more interested in the programs where the student/athletes actually appreciate their scholarships and aren't getting suspended. More care about football, I get that. But to say that "hardly anyone" cares about anything but football or basketball is completely wrong.

proxy.php

Thanks for the updates Insta. I just got my power back on tonight after being out since Sunday night. Long week.

:) -- welcome

Glad to hear that you've survived another one and are doing well.
Being without power does stink on ice, and it's even worse without the ice... ;)

Mary Wise got her 800th Win on Fri. night (Sept. 15th) in a win over FL-A&M. She is now just the 4th coach in D-1 History to break the 800 win barrier.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/9/15/volleyball-wise-wins-800-gators-chalk-up-two-sweeps.aspx

#3 Gator Volleyball fends off Lipscomb 3-1 on Sat. to remain Undefeated! (7-0)
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/9/16/volleyball-gators-fend-off-lipscomb-remain-undefeated.aspx

NEXT UP#3 Florida faces #20 Florida State in the Fresh From Florida Sunshine Showdown Tuesday (Sep. 19). First serve inside Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center is scheduled for 6 p.m.

===============

#7 Gator Soccer makes its 2nd visit in the program's 23-year history to the state of Iowa (and first since 2007) to face Iowa State. Sunday's match time is set for 1 p.m. ET at the Cyclone Sports Complex.

Gator Footall goes 2-0 over the weekend!

#7 Gator Soccer gets a 2-1 OT win @ IowaSt.
This is their 2nd road win of the season in OT.

Next up:The Gators continue road play @ #22 Texas A&M (4-2-1, 0-1 SEC) on Thursday, Sept. 21.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/9/17/soccer-gators-2-1-ot-winners-at-iowa-state.aspx

=====

Sr Anna Danilina captures Single and Doubles Titles.

The Gators capped the final day of play at the Hall of Fame / ITA Grass Court invitationa with 3 WINS!
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/9/17/womens-tennis-anna-danilina-captures-singles-title.aspx

Gators & Noles getting ready to play a volleyball match. Starting at 6 pm Eastern on SEC+. Should be exciting.

Gator volleyball made it look easy tonight, beating FSU in straight sets 25-21, 25-15, 25-12. #3 ranked UF is 8-0, with 4 of their wins coming over ranked opponents. Exciting to watch gator fans!!! Ya'll ought to check them out.

Last edited:
UF volleyball should be ranked #1 because I can promise they are the best team in NCAA!!!
They had 3 matches cancelled due to Irma, including one against a ranked Michigan St. team and I think that kept them from being #1 or at least #2. They looked like the most talented & versatile team Mary Wise has had in a long, long time. With 22 SEC titles, it would be great to see her finally win a national title. Maybe this is the year.

Mary certainly deserves to finally get one. What a great Gator coach she has turned out to be. Love all of deem Lady Gators... :)

So, what has Mary Wise meant for Gator Volleyball?
Here is a quick demonstration to drive home the point(s).

BM (before Mary) it was UF 7 - 14 FSU (FSU by a 2 to 1 margin)

AM (after Mary) it is now UF 40 - 20 FSU (UF by a 2 to 1 margin)

DM (during Mary) it has been UF 33 - 6 FSU (UF a 5.5 to 1 margin)

Break out the brooms --- #3 UF 3 - 0 #19 FSU

And Mary Wise has collected the 883rd victory of her 31-plus-year career as a head coach, surpassing former UC Santa Barbara head coach Kathy Gregory (1975-2012 – 38 seasons) for the 9th most wins in Division I history and the 15th-most wins in NCAA history (all 3 divisions)

NEXT UP -- Florida opens SEC play Sunday (Sep. 24) at Arkansas. First serve in Fayetteville, Ark. is set for 2 p.m. ET. No live stream or television broadcast will be available, but Tom Collett will have the radio call on ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM / 850 AM.

#6 Gator Soccer @ aTm on Thursday 9-21-17 at 7 PM on SEC Net.

This is the 1st meeting since 2015 between these programs which have won 4 of the last 5 SEC titles. The match is the 2nd of 7 consecutive Thursday evening appearances of league soccer on the SEC Network.
(the 1st 2 Thursday nights will have featured Becky Burleigh's UF team)

Calling Thursday's action for the SEC Network is Gator Great Heather Mitts and Jenn Hildreth. This game features the 2 teams picked to finish 1-2 in the SEC Coaches Preseason poll.

Mike White and B-Ball Recruiting over the Tn weekend:
All 4 are rivals 150's and currently considered Gator leans to some extent.

PG Devon Dotson 6-1 180 - Charlotte, NC
(UF & Kan, also Mary, WF, NCSt & UCLA)

SG Elijah Weaver 6-5 190 - Oldsmar, FL
(he was HS teammates with Erik Hester and Dontay Bassett)

SF Khavon Moore 6-8 185 - Macon, Ga
(his quiet recruitment continues)

PF Colin Castleton 6-11 220 - Daytona Beach, FL
(UF -- Pur & ILL working to be in it)

That would make up a pretty sweet class right there... :cool:

I just read this thread topic somehow after it being on here a month...

as "more than just football players in the jail"

lmao, must be all the sever dangerous weeds i've smoked in my life

#1 Ranked UF Volleyball team just finished a 3-0 sweep of Tennessee to run their record to 10-0. Watched it on SEC+ and if ya'll aren't watching Mary Wise's team this year, you're missing something very good.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
#1 Ranked UF Volleyball team just finished a 3-0 sweep of Tennessee to run their record to 10-0. Watched it on SEC+ and if ya'll aren't watching Mary Wise's team this year, you're missing something very good.

Most likely the best volleyball team Florida has ever had!!! Most likely the best team in the nation this season from what I’ve seen so far…

#1 UF Volleyball team swept LSU 3-0 today (on the SEC Network) to run their record to 11-0, 3-0 in the SEC. #10 soccer team beat Georgia 3-0 in Athens (on ESPNU) to go 9-2 overall, 3-1 in the SEC. These gals are well worth watching, folks. The volleyball team is at home vs. Texas A&M Wed at 7 pm on ESPNU.

#1 UF Volleyball team swept LSU 3-0 today (on the SEC Network) to run their record to 11-0, 3-0 in the SEC. #10 soccer team beat Georgia 3-0 in Athens (on ESPNU) to go 9-2 overall, 3-1 in the SEC. These gals are well worth watching, folks. The volleyball team is at home vs. Texas A&M Wed at 7 pm on ESPNU.
I watched the volleyball game this past Sunday and plan on watching Wednesday. They are as good as I've seen a volleyball team. High hopes for a successful season.

I been going to (not so much anymore, kids grown and gone, old age) watch and support both of those coaches/teams since they first arrived at UF. Top quality from start to finish and proud to be an All Sports Gator fan. :)

#1 Gator Volleyball with Mary Wise is the only team in the nation that remains undefeated.
They are 11-0 overall and 3-0 SEC, having just Shut-Out LSU 3-0.
Next Up: aTm on Wed. night at 7-PM. (10-4-17, it's on ESPN-U) --

#10 Gator Soccer with Becky Burleigh Shut-Out UGly 3-0 in Athens.
Next Up: Missouri @ home on Friday at 6-PM. (10-6-17) And it's PINK night.

GooooooGATORS!

Wednesday (Oct. 4) also marked the 887th victory of Mary Wise's 31-year head coaching career, surpassing BYU legend Elaine Michaelis (1969-2001) for the most all-time wins by a female head coach in Division I history. Wise's win also moved her past Michaelis for the eighth-most wins in Division I history and 14th-most wins in NCAA history (all three divisions).

~ The #1 Ranked Gators remain the only undefeated D1 Volleyball team at 12-0, 4-0 SEC.

Gator soccer beat Missouri today 2-1, to run their record to 10-2-1, 4-1 in the SEC. Here are some stats about Becky Burleigh's program, which she started in 1995:
400 Wins for Gator Soccer:
Thursday's win gives Florida an all-time record of 400-105-32.

In the first year of Gator soccer (1995), there were 189 women's NCAA Division I teams (now grown to 332 teams).

Since 1995, five programs reached 400 wins. Among those five, Florida is the only one to start its program in 1995.

The number gets narrower for coaches with 400 NCAA DI wins since 1995. Only two have reached that milestone in the last 23 seasons:
Anson Dorrance UNC 478-55-26
Becky Burleigh Florida 400-105-32

Over the span of the last 23 season, Florida soccer has accumulated:
  • 1998 NCAA title (only soccer program to win NCAA DI crown in year four of existence)
  • 14 Southeastern Conference titles (leads the league)
  • 12 SEC Tournament titles (leads the league)
  • 20 NCAA appearances

Gator players honors:
  • 21 United Soccer Coaches All-Americans with 36 honors
  • 45 Gators claiming 88 All-SEC honors
  • 13 Gators named SEC Player of Year 15 times
  • 15 United Soccer Coaches Scholar Athletes All-Americans with 20 honors

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT