ADVERTISEMENT

Update from the black community

And we won't care because the Hell you believe in is Dante, not Jesus.

Kneelers.

1*_tg6l4gQ2rTj0uWWwO79Xg.png

1*8rJiX_or-ZHt_VqBfgDqrQ.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
So you believe an omnipotent God that is mostly benevolent himself wouldn't be capable of letting bad things happen to people to test them etc.?
Being mostly benevolent is like being mostly pregnant or mostly circumcised.

So no, and that's why I don't bend the knee to monsters.

Being mostly benevolent is like being mostly pregnant or mostly circumcised.

So no, and that's why I don't bend the knee to monsters.

Well look at at this way. When people question why a God would let bad things happen its above our level to understand it fully. Heck people are always asking how humans are capable of the evil some humans do but just look at the animals closest to us upstairs and its the ones like chimps and killer whales etc. they find doing some pretty bad stuff for no other reason that it seems to be giving them some kind of satisfaction to do it. And with an omnipotent God how would we even begin to think how such a being would act- emotions etc.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Well look at at this way. When people question why a God would let bad things happen its above our level to understand it fully. Heck people are always asking how humans are capable of the evil some humans do but just look at the animals closest to us upstairs and its the ones like chimps and killer whales etc. they find doing some pretty bad stuff for no other reason that it seems to be giving them some kind of satisfaction to do it. And with an omnipotent God how would we even begin to think how such a being would act- emotions etc.

Omnipotent does not equal omnibenevolent.

Allowing evil under the guise of free will makes a deity at best indifferent at worst malevolent.

Add to that the paradox of God having a plan.

This is from one of those little religious pamphlet booklets that some houses would give out at Halloween in the early 70's. I was a kid then and remembered getting a few when trick-or-treating. I didn't mind it so much as long as they'd give out the candy along with them. But woe was unto the houses of the all too holy that gave only these little booklets out and no candy for they were soon to be smitten down by the angry hands of the little ones in the neighborhood with eggs and TP.

This is from one of those little religious pamphlet booklets that some houses would give out at Halloween in the early 70's. I was a kid then and remembered getting a few when trick-or-treating. I didn't mind it so much as long as they'd give out the candy along with them. But woe was unto the houses of the all too holy that gave only these little booklets out and no candy for they were soon to be smitten down by the angry hands of the little ones in the neighborhood with eggs and TP.

Yep I remember that too. I wonder what catholics thought about some of them. I actually agreed that the pope shouldn't have been treated like he was but if I remember right their booklets said a pope would be the beast from the sea in revelations.

Reactions: bollocks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT