ADVERTISEMENT

UF vs FSU Rivalry has apparently come to an end :(

645eddace0d334be1c14a8869e94527d.jpg

Hello.
Sad likes vintage photos, I see.

I might not know "every flower" at UF, but I do know what boring football is. You seriously don't think what happens every thanksgiving weekend is worth your time do you? Do you have family? Kids? Friends? Maybe spend the afternoon tossing steaks on the grill and taking a dip in the pool?

Mullen, IMHO, is akin to the Buc's bringing Lovie Smith back to town. It's more nostalgic than anything else. He was okay at Mississippi, was he ever up for any other big time gigs during his tenure there?

First you said Florida is not investing back into the program, I linked information to a standalone football complex. You claim Florida is boring, we have been the innovators more often the not( fun&gun, spread). Mullen was up for the Volunteer gig, he made Missisippi State #1 a couple years ago. If you know anything about the SEC West or Starkville you might know what he did there is more than meh. Lovie Smith, really? I don't know what else to say.

You questioned our commitment to facilities and spoke about your new state of the art one, click my link.

You compared Dan Mullen who has won in the SEC in Starkville to a guy who can't win two games in the BIG West.

You claimed nobody else wanted Dan Mullen. I can't respond to you any further.

You are talking to a kiddo who...not only took the time to post numerous posts on a UF board but also studies our campus and facilities.

I haven't visited War Chant since like 2002 and I don't know anything about FSU campus other than Doak Campbell Stadium and still think of it as a rivalry.

Meanwhile this guy knows every flower at UF but claims UF is not important.
I know, I just don't get how somebody can come on a rivals board and claim we are irrelevant. I wonder if he goes to the Wake Forest board?

Maybe FSU and UCF can start a new series together. He seems to think UF is dead and buried, they can play the "2017 National Champions". You know, since it only matters what has happened in the last few years.

First you said Florida is not investing back into the program, I linked information to a standalone football complex. You claim Florida is boring, we have been the innovators more often the not( fun&gun, spread). Mullen was up for the Volunteer gig, he made Missisippi State #1 a couple years ago. If you know anything about the SEC West or Starkville you might know what he did there is more than meh. Lovie Smith, really? I don't know what else to say.

You questioned our commitment to facilities and spoke about your new state of the art one, click my link.

You compared Dan Mullen who has won in the SEC in Starkville to a guy who can't win two games in the BIG West.

You claimed nobody else wanted Dan Mullen. I can't respond to you any further.

I know several longtime bull gators out of Tampa, and they all on multiple occasions have told me UF is not willing to invest in their future. Everything you guys are spending now is playing catch-up and once we have our 75 to 85 million dollar stand alone football facility, we'll have the most expensive in the country. We also have had our indoor practice facility longer, we have college town, revamped locker rooms, players dorms, Moore center is regularly undergoing updates to keep with the times. Our players get ipads, GPS monitors, sports psychologists etc etc. We give our guys what they need to compete. Which is why we can recruit at such a level and are one of the three most talented programs in the country.

Mullen is certainly not a bad hire, and he'll do good things in Gainesville, I just don't see him as capable as Willie or Richt and I feel you guys have at best a ceiling of third in the state. Which is nothing to sneeze at either, you'll be able to still compete with Georgia for the SEC east, and maybe Tennessee as well.

I'm not trying to bash, I'm just reporting what I've been told by prominent members of the UF community.

What is even going on in this post? You are justifying keeping a boring football game with a couple digital renderings, two fat girls and an empty stadium?

I dont think u got the premise of any of the 3 pics...... Insert gif of plane flying over this guys head

Perhaps you're not out and about as much as you once were...or you live in a very small town.
Then again, I notice you refer to "fans" - and that likely includes persons who are just that - fans of FSU who did not attend/graduate from FSU.

Just like many fans of the Gators have never set foot in a classroom on the UF campus.
Lighten up fair lady. I was merely using this thread as an example of my snark and my assertions. Q.E.D.

BTW, I live in Atlanta.

I know several longtime bull gators out of Tampa, and they all on multiple occasions have told me UF is not willing to invest in their future. Everything you guys are spending now is playing catch-up and once we have our 75 to 85 million dollar stand alone football facility, we'll have the most expensive in the country. We also have had our indoor practice facility longer, we have college town, revamped locker rooms, players dorms, Moore center is regularly undergoing updates to keep with the times. Our players get ipads, GPS monitors, sports psychologists etc etc. We give our guys what they need to compete. Which is why we can recruit at such a level and are one of the three most talented programs in the country.

Mullen is certainly not a bad hire, and he'll do good things in Gainesville, I just don't see him as capable as Willie or Richt and I feel you guys have at best a ceiling of third in the state. Which is nothing to sneeze at either, you'll be able to still compete with Georgia for the SEC east, and maybe Tennessee as well.

I'm not trying to bash, I'm just reporting what I've been told by prominent members of the UF community.

You keep talking about your 75 million dollar standalone football complex and indoor practice facility, locker rooms. We already have the practice facility, the link I provided speaks to our 65-80 million dollar standalone football complex, locker rooms. Whaf is getting lost in translation. Your program is in the process as is ours. Read the story my friend.

It doesn't matter about catchup, you said we weren't committed. Stricklin has proven otherwise with the basketball and baseball upgrades. We invest in all of our programs. The football complex is coming, our future is bright.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
You keep talking about your 75 million dollar standalone football complex and indoor practice facility, locker rooms. We already have the practice facility, the link I provided speaks to our 65-80 million dollar standalone football complex, locker rooms. Whaf is getting lost in translation. Your program is in the process as is ours. Read the story my friend.

It doesn't matter about catchup, you said we weren't committed. Stricklin has proven otherwise with the basketball and baseball upgrades. We invest in all of our programs. The football complex is coming, our future is bright.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it. It's like the Jones' just installed a luxury lagoon pool with a beach entrance and you meanwhile grabbed the latest above ground pool and claiming the two of you are in the "process" of improving a house. Technically that's true, sure.

Keep in mind, I'm in your camp on this. I want you guys to do well, I just don't see it and I think we'd be better served as a product and a program to give the scheduled slot to either more interesting programs or stronger programs. I'd give anything to play UGA that weekend as I know they are in the same boat we are when they play GT.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it. It's like the Jones' just installed a luxury lagoon pool with a beach entrance and you meanwhile grabbed the latest above ground pool and claiming the two of you are in the "process" of improving a house. Technically that's true, sure.

Keep in mind, I'm in your camp on this. I want you guys to do well, I just don't see it and I think we'd be better served as a product and a program to give the scheduled slot to either more interesting programs or stronger programs. I'd give anything to play UGA that weekend as I know they are in the same boat we are when they play GT.

So your new facility is irrelevant as well. Post the rendering and tell me what is superior about it.

You earlier said we weren't committed and thus destined to fall behind. You then went on to say we will be behind Richt at Miami. How are their facilities? Mullen can't coach, but Richt can?

You are seriously comparing us to Georgia Tech? I don't know what world you live in, but it's not reality my friend. You want Florida to be really good, well I am happy that you and I will both get what we want in the future.

Lastly, Taggart and Mullen are entering into new waters as far as expectations at their new posts.

I would rather play Clemson than Florida State on that last weekend. Playing Florida State is the equivalent of Clemson vs South Carolina.;)

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...rida-states-football-only-facility/376421002/

This is the latest on FSU's new facilities. Nothing but concepts.

So you guys are in the same boat, if not farther behind. We are targeting next year because of the proposed new baseball stadium. Again we invest in all sports, you guys just have renderings like us. Below is what has been planned to break ground at a 60 million dollar tab.

Our baseball stadium is gonna run about 37.5 million. They are figuring out the space issue now. The budget element has already been sorted. The funding is being determined now, but you can't speak about your facility as if it is a fooregone conclusion and dismiss ours.

Last edited:
So you don't care anyway? Why are you trying to defend the game then?
I myself and what I chose to do on Thanksgiving weekend doesn't determine a college football rivalry. The game is important to both schools on so many levels no matter who is having a cycle run at the time.

But hell all I care, sure let FSU face UGA, Bama, or Texas and let UF face Clemson, Georgia Tech, or Oklahoma. It's no sweat on my back one way or the other.

I like how this FSU poster talks as if FSU has all this money and they are such a superior program to UF. Dude, we make by far the most money in the state and we are the flagship university. Florida can afford a hell of a lot more than FSU can when it comes to facilities and the such.

I remember after 2009, when Florida had come off its third 13 win season in four years, and annihilated the Noles on the field for six consecutive seasons, I thought we'd never lose to FSU again. Funny how times change. You're awfully cocky for a fan of a program that just came off a 7-6 season and was 2-5 at a point in time and hired a coach with a career losing record. FSU is a dumpster fire right now, too.

Last edited:
I like how this FSU poster talks as if FSU has all this money and they are such a superior program to UF. Dude, we make by far the most money in the state and we are the flagship university. Florida can afford a hell of a lot more than FSU can when it comes to facilities and the such.

#NotMyFlagship

There is no single designated flagship university in the state of Florida. There are three designated preeminent universities in the state: FSU, uf, and USF; UCF is an emerging preeminent university.

It's great that uf is upgrading its baseball stadium, but considering its current "stadium" is essentially a sandlot with some bleachers and a pressbox; it's about damn time. You will however win this argument simply by boasting your CWS championship... hopefully this year, we too will join the elite ranks of programs like Fresno State and Coastal Carolina and win the CWS.

Reactions: goldmom

I remember after 2009, when Florida had come off its third 13 win season in four years, and annihilated the Noles on the field for six consecutive seasons, I thought we'd never lose to FSU again. Funny how times change. You're awfully cocky for a fan of a program that just came off a 7-6 season and was 2-5 at a point in time and hired a coach with a career losing record. FSU is a dumpster fire right now, too.

Not really, when you don't invest to sustain the winning, the writing is on the wall. Now all you guys are doing is playing catch-up and you aren't even putting a 100% effort into that. Which, again back to my original point, really sucks for me as a fan of FSU. I utterly hate the annual keep away game every thanksgiving. I watched about a quarter of last year's game and wanted to kill myself.

@PlutoDroid I'm glad you guys are building a football facility, looks rad! How long until you all catch-up on the player dorms, renovated locker rooms, college towns and stadium club seating? If I had to guess, with the recruiting job McElwain did, ya'll are still 2 to 3 cycles of classes away and another 3-4 years out from competing for the east with a resurgent UGA, UT and a good South Carolina squad. Say you win the east in 5 years, that'll give you a good bump in donations over the following year, then 2 to 3 years for design and construction... 8 years?

Not really, when you don't invest to sustain the winning, the writing is on the wall. Now all you guys are doing is playing catch-up and you aren't even putting a 100% effort into that. Which, again back to my original point, really sucks for me as a fan of FSU. I utterly hate the annual keep away game every thanksgiving. I watched about a quarter of last year's game and wanted to kill myself.

@PlutoDroid I'm glad you guys are building a football facility, looks rad! How long until you all catch-up on the player dorms, renovated locker rooms, college towns and stadium club seating? If I had to guess, with the recruiting job McElwain did, ya'll are still 2 to 3 cycles of classes away and another 3-4 years out from competing for the east with a resurgent UGA, UT and a good South Carolina squad. Say you win the east in 5 years, that'll give you a good bump in donations over the following year, then 2 to 3 years for design and construction... 8 years?

It’s almost comical the way you think things work.

Like how you think the University somehow designs and funds a “college town” that you keep bringing up.

You’re really bad at this.

Reactions: EvilWayz
#NotMyFlagship

There is no single designated flagship university in the state of Florida. There are three designated preeminent universities in the state: FSU, uf, and USF; UCF is an emerging preeminent university.
Believe what you need to. But you know the truth. That is why you are over here posting.

It’s almost comical the way you think things work.

Like how you think the University somehow designs and funds a “college town” that you keep bringing up.

You’re really bad at this.

It was the brain child of our boosters, and one of our secret weapon recruiting tools.

I mean damn, with all of the Taj Mahal facilities...and a 7-6 record to boot. I'm highly impressed. All this coming while being coached by the legend who followed the legend.

Somewhere in all the bullshit posts he talks about FSU will be overlooking UF towards the AACCG but despite all of these billion dollar facilities they have missed this championship game more than they should.

This underachieving or over spending?

It was the brain child of our boosters, and one of our secret weapon recruiting tools.
And despite all of these brain children... secret weapons...top notch dorms and the best is a #10 recruiting ranking...mixed in with a HC with a career losing...7-6 season by the legend who followed the legend..?

And despite all of these brain children... secret weapons...top notch dorms and the best is a #10 recruiting ranking...mixed in with a HC with a career losing...7-6 season by the legend who followed the legend..?

I think we set a historic record in climbing recruiting rankings from 70’s to top 10 in a matter of weeks during a transition period. And we didn’t have a ton of space either as the team is fairly young. Doubt that record will be broken for years, if ever.

Uh, try to keep up. FSU and Florida are both flagship designated Universities.
Thanks for the laugh of the day with the "dumpster fire" reference, by the way.

A 4-8 record and FSU is a dumpster fire?

I think we set a historic record in climbing recruiting rankings from 70’s to top 10 in a matter of weeks during a transition period. And we didn’t have a ton of space either as the team is fairly young. Doubt that record will be broken for years, if ever.
The way you are talking about great runs, top notch facilities, etc...FSU should have never ever been ranked in the 70's and should be on a run similar to Alabama...but instead Clemson and Ohio State are on better runs compared to FSU.

You speak of wanting to remove UF and upgrade the schedule but that didn't work out so well taking on Alabama this year.

Uh, try to keep up. FSU and Florida are both flagship designated Universities.
Thanks for the laugh of the day with the "dumpster fire" reference, by the way.

A 4-8 record and FSU is a dumpster fire?

Doesn’t change the fact that UF has a lot more money than FSU. Florida State was 2-5 at a point this season after starting out preseason #3 and you just hired a coach with a career losing record. The times are changing, buckle up. We all know these things are cyclical. UF had its down decade, it won’t last.

The way you are talking about great runs, top notch facilities, etc...FSU should have never ever been ranked in the 70's and should be on a run similar to Alabama...but instead Clemson and Ohio State are on better runs compared to FSU.

You speak of wanting to remove UF and upgrade the schedule but that didn't work out so well taking on Alabama this year.

You have to remember also, there is alot you do not know going on behind the scenes with Coach Fisher leading up to recruiting day. Under normal circumstances you'd be right on the money. However given extraordinary scenarios, we fell behind but the brand still resonated and closed in for a top 10 finish. It's one of the most phenomenal recruiting jobs I've ever seen. As a program we are up there with the Alabama's, Clemson's, UGA's and OSU's. World renowned CFB expert Chip Patterson ranks us neck and neck with UGA and just behind Bama and OSU froma talent persepctive. Hence and earlier post where I wanted to play teams closer to our caliber like Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT