ADVERTISEMENT

UF has lost 6 DB's to the NFL in just 2 years,,, doomed.

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Nope, not a soul to carry on in the UF secondary for 2017. Just a couple of walk-ons without a single upperclassman to be seen... o_O

1) Marcell Harris 6-1 211 rsSr
2) Nick Washington 6-0 197 rsSr
3) Jeawon Taylor 6-0 187 So

4) Quincy Lenton 5-11 202 rsFr(foot injury)
#21 S Brian Edwards 6-2 188 Fr - Miramar
#23 S/CB Shawn Davis 6-1 195 Fr - Miami
#33 S Donovan Stiner 6-2 185 Fr - Bellaire, TX
=============

Projected CB's for 2017 (9)
1) CB/Nic Duke Dawson 5-10 208 Sr
2) Joseph Putu 6-2 195 Sr
3) Chris Williamson 5-11 191 rsSo
4) Chauncey Gardener 5-11 204 So

5) McArthur Burnett 5-9 174 So
6) CJ McWilliams 5-11 171 rsFr (ACL)
#10 Ath/CB C.J. Henderson 6-0 174 Fr - Miami
#13 FS/CB Brad Stewart 6-0 194 Fr - N.O, LA
#13 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 180 Fr - Plantation
--------
WO DB Garrett Stephens 5-9 188 rsSr
WO DB Brady Walters 5-11 176 Sr
Doh! :confused:
===========

But DB-U might also have a say in DE-U and RB-U, for now (17) and for the immediate future (18-19)...

RB Mark Thompson Sr
-----
RB Jordan Scarlett Jr
RB Lamical Perine So
RB Malik Davis Fr
RB Adarius Lemons Fr
----- One moves on after 2017, 2 more likely arrive in 2018
RB Iverson Clement - Committed Recruit
RB Asa Martin - UF Leads for his commitment. (UF & AU-TX)
==========

#2 DE CeCe Jefferson
#2 DE Antonious Clayton
#3 DE Zachary Carter Fr
With several more that were very under-rated imoho.
=========

With 3 past Heisman QB's, they used to be QB-U in the SEC, but not any more....
Now days they are becoming retread-QB-U... :confused:

I've got a hiring suggestion for Mc on his 10th assistant. Split off the OC-QB job and give the QB coach job to Steve, IF he'd take it. He might also consider Steve for the game day play caller too....
(only in my wildest dreams will that ever happen) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
but nick washington sucks
How so? o_O

PRIOR TO FLORIDA:
He was named a Times-Union All-First Coast first-team selection after scoring 11 touchdowns and intercepting two passes last season for the Conquerors… Has been starting at safety for the Conquerors since he was in the 8th grade…
>>> Chose UF over Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Clemson…

2016: Played Florida’s first 10 games, and started six at safety, before suffering a season-ending injury at LSU… Notched 45 tackles, which was sixth on the team, one interception, two pass breakups and one quarterback hurry… Tallied that INT at Vanderbilt on the Commodores’ final possession to secure the victory for Florida… Was a key member of special teams for the Gators…

Sorry, but that doesn't read like suckage to me... :cool:

How so? o_O

PRIOR TO FLORIDA:
He was named a Times-Union All-First Coast first-team selection after scoring 11 touchdowns and intercepting two passes last season for the Conquerors… Has been starting at safety for the Conquerors since he was in the 8th grade…
>>> Chose UF over Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Clemson…

2016: Played Florida’s first 10 games, and started six at safety, before suffering a season-ending injury at LSU… Notched 45 tackles, which was sixth on the team, one interception, two pass breakups and one quarterback hurry… Tallied that INT at Vanderbilt on the Commodores’ final possession to secure the victory for Florida… Was a key member of special teams for the Gators…

Sorry, but that doesn't read like suckage to me... :cool:

/sarcasm

Reactions: sadgator
Nope, not a soul to carry on in the UF secondary for 2017. Just a couple of walk-ons without a single upperclassman to be seen... o_O

1) Marcell Harris 6-1 211 rsSr
2) Nick Washington 6-0 197 rsSr
3) Jeawon Taylor 6-0 187 So

4) Quincy Lenton 5-11 202 rsFr(foot injury)
#21 S Brian Edwards 6-2 188 Fr - Miramar
#23 S/CB Shawn Davis 6-1 195 Fr - Miami
#33 S Donovan Stiner 6-2 185 Fr - Bellaire, TX
=============

Projected CB's for 2017 (9)
1) CB/Nic Duke Dawson 5-10 208 Sr
2) Joseph Putu 6-2 195 Sr
3) Chris Williamson 5-11 191 rsSo
4) Chauncey Gardener 5-11 204 So

5) McArthur Burnett 5-9 174 So
6) CJ McWilliams 5-11 171 rsFr (ACL)
#10 Ath/CB C.J. Henderson 6-0 174 Fr - Miami
#13 FS/CB Brad Stewart 6-0 194 Fr - N.O, LA
#13 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 180 Fr - Plantation
--------
WO DB Garrett Stephens 5-9 188 rsSr
WO DB Brady Walters 5-11 176 Sr
Doh! :confused:
===========

But DB-U might also have a say in DE-U and RB-U, for now (17) and for the immediate future (18-19)...

RB Mark Thompson Sr
-----
RB Jordan Scarlett Jr
RB Lamical Perine So
RB Malik Davis Fr
RB Adarius Lemons Fr
----- One moves on after 2017, 2 more likely arrive in 2018
RB Iverson Clement - Committed Recruit
RB Asa Martin - UF Leads for his commitment. (UF & AU-TX)
==========

#2 DE CeCe Jefferson
#2 DE Antonious Clayton
#3 DE Zachary Carter Fr
With several more that were very under-rated imoho.
=========

With 3 past Heisman QB's, they used to be QB-U in the SEC, but not any more....
Now days they are becoming retread-QB-U... :confused:

I've got a hiring suggestion for Mc on his 10th assistant. Split off the OC-QB job and give the QB coach job to Steve, IF he'd take it. He might also consider Steve for the game day play caller too....
(only in my wildest dreams will that ever happen) :rolleyes:
Serious question...I can understand if you're talking about recruits...we might not know all of them as well....we know who these players are. Why do you always list all of their heights and what they weigh?

NEED to know basis of how much Marcel Harris weighs as an upper classmen college safety bruh...It's important insider info

i know i know monkey doing the moonwalk zzzzzzz

Serious question...I can understand if you're talking about recruits...we might not know all of them as well....we know who these players are. Why do you always list all of their heights and what they weigh?

Okeey-Dokeey, serious answer coming right up. :cool:

IMO, class and Ht/Wt is even more important in judging a roster position than their given name is.

Is there a significant difference in these three?
S Marcell Harris ---- 6-1 211 rsSr
S Jeawon Taylor --- 6-0 187 So
DB Brady Walters - 5-11 176 Sr W-O

Or how about these three?
CB Joseph Putu ------- 6-2 195 Sr
CB McArthur Burnett - 5-9 174 So
DB Garrett Stephens - 5-9 188 rsSr W-O

Or should I have just listed them all by just their names as roster DB's?

~ And I doubt that you nor anyone else posting here, remembers the complete bio's for the 100+ Gator roster. :rolleyes: (especially true for the non-Gators guests)

Okeey-Dokeey, serious answer coming right up. :cool:

IMO, class and Ht/Wt is even more important in judging a roster position than their given name is.

Is there a significant difference in these three?
S Marcell Harris ---- 6-1 211 rsSr
S Jeawon Taylor --- 6-0 187 So
DB Brady Walters - 5-11 176 Sr W-O

Or how about these three?
CB Joseph Putu ------- 6-2 195 Sr
CB McArthur Burnett - 5-9 174 So
DB Garrett Stephens - 5-9 188 rsSr W-O

Or should I have just listed them all by just their names as roster DB's?

~ And I doubt that you nor anyone else posting here, remembers the complete bio's for the 100+ Gator roster. :rolleyes: (especially true for the non-Gators guests)

Size matters but it's not the end all. Some guys can just do things others can't...ie...Steve Smith WR. Just seems like a lot of work but all goid Insta.

UF's defense will be fine. Always have tons of talent. Heck their in Florida they better have some of it. Can remember the last time UF had a bad defense

Reactions: GatorNation79
Size matters but it's not the end all. Some guys can just do things others can't...ie...Steve Smith WR. Just seems like a lot of work but all goid Insta.

Preaching to the choir on that one 79.
FS Ahmad Black 5-9 184 - and he stole an Int from Sam Bad-ford before leaving to play for the Bucs. But that is the exception to the 'size matters' rule...:cool:

I'd still rather have a Marcus Maye 6-0 216 or a Keanu Neal 6-1 216 back there, given the choice.... ;)

Injuries, beginning in Aug, mean more to how the team does across a season than any other factor imo. The Gator's will always have pretty good defensive starters, but the quality and experience of the depth varies from year to year, and it can get way out of wack during a coaching transition. That is where the injuries can play havoc on a season. i.e. 72 lost starts due to injuries = 4-8 with a loss to GaSo. :oops:

I agree. Defense has sent a lot of players to the NFL, but we've just re-loaded with recruits. New faces, but I expect them to produce at or near the same level as last year. I'm thinking the offense is going to make a big jump forward this year.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I agree. Defense has sent a lot of players to the NFL, but we've just re-loaded with recruits. New faces, but I expect them to produce at or near the same level as last year. I'm thinking the offense is going to make a big jump forward this year.

I hope you are right but I am thinking the defense could have a dropoff similar to 2007.

I think we lost 9 starters from a Championship team though that year, and plenty of NFL ones...

Insta ain't in no choir

Not anymore butthead, but I have been a small time choir director, and my wife and I used to sing duets that were acceptable/decent in the opinions of most of the audience. Not any kind of a brag, just a BTW... :p
==========

My own best guess remains this:
The D will continue to be at least in the Top 10.
The O will greatly improve, depending on the QB play, everywhere else on the O is fairly loaded, at least were the starters are concerned.

were there any spooks in those choirs

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz -- but what spooks are you referring to?

Spooks?

British - Slang for the British Security Service - M15 Spooks. They do not exist, you will never know their names, and they are all that stand between you and those who would do your country harm. o_O

But that just can't be, because all of the dancing monkeys know that no government can keep a secret like that, there would be pictures of them all over the net, cause everyone has a camera-phone.... :rolleyes:

Dutch - a synonym for ghost or apparition.

Norwegian - Per Spook (born 1939), fashion designer

U.S.A - Government intelligence agent, G-men.

Generic - Anyone involved in espionage.

Spook - A derogatory slur for a person of African descent

Spooks - More than one black person, regardless of decent.

Spook Cave, a flooded cave in Iowa.

Spook Hill, a reverse gravity hill in Florida

Spook Bridge, an abandoned bridge over the Withlacoochee River in Ga.

The Spooks, an American Hip Hop band.

"The Spook," emblem of the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II, a Navy fighter-bomber.

Last edited:
Going at it???
Naw, when they ask for it, and if I'm bored or otherwise so inclined, I slap the chit outta them until there's nothing left but a smelly pile of clothes... :D

You must be bored because you always play our games.

Lol at "slap the chit outta them..."

Riiiight

zzz -- I'm just an old retired guy, late 60's with the better part of my life behind me.
Wasting some time here is not a bit deal for me at this point. :cool:

You claim to be a 28 year old young guy, married with a kid.
And you have no life if this board (bored for me) time is the high light of your useless, wasted day... o_O

IMOHO, you're mostly just a waste of time, space, and humanity. Another useless eater (drunk) for the world to have to tolerate... :rolleyes:

Moving right along, before the real thread (floating turd in the punch bowl) hijacker can ruin yet another thread with his constant mindless drivel....
============

Last years recruiting class was the rivals rated #12 class.
So, just how good were they in 2016? (SECe-C)

RT Jawaan Taylor 6-5 340 - starter
OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 308 (rsFr xfer-in) - starter
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 221 - co-starter
WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 196 - co-starter
WR Josh Hammond 6-1 186 - co-starter
WR Freddie Swain 6-0 186 - player

DB Chauncey Gardenner 5-11 204 (Bowl MVP) - starter
MLB David Reese 6-0 244 - starter
OLB Vosean Joseph 6-1 226 - starter
DE Antonneous Clayton 6-3 250 - player
DT/DE Jachai Polite 6-2 271 - player

K Eddy Pineiro 6-0 173 (rsSo juco xfer in) - starter
21 of 25, 14 of 40+, 3 of 50+, 32 of 32 xPt

If you recognize their names, then they've already made a name for themselves.
And the others that took a red-shirt, should begin to make their names in 2017.

And here's to hoping that this years #9 class can make a similar impact.... :cool:

zzz -- I'm just an old retired guy, late 60's with the better part of my life behind me.
Wasting some time here is not a bit deal for me at this point. :cool:

You claim to be a 28 year old young guy, married with a kid.
And you have no life if this board (bored for me) time is the high light of your useless, wasted day... o_O

IMOHO, you're mostly just a waste of time, space, and humanity. Another useless eater (drunk) for the world to have to tolerate... :rolleyes:

I am indeed 28.

I do indeed have a 1 year old daughter.

I am not married.

I run a landscape company so most of my day is filled with visiting job sites, prospective clients, working on bids, drawing up landscape designs, etc.

It doesn't take long to peruse the board, read and respond when you're not writing massive posts half of the time.

zzzzzzzz -- don't know how I could care any less about you...

Child but not married. So your irresponsibility's extend to the rest of your life, not just here...
(why am I not surprised by this,,, and was she stone cold passed out drunk when she conceived, likely)

You're hilariously ironic. I 'could care less' if you think I'm a moron though. :)

You're hilariously ironic. I 'could care less' if you think I'm a moron though. :)

You obviously slept through your Reading Comp 101 class, among others...

"don't know how I could care any less about you..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT