ADVERTISEMENT

UCF AD proclaims us the National Champs:

But why? If you scrape the divisions but keep the championship game it does not make a lot of sense to me. If you expand the playoffs and also have the conference title games you are adding an extra game to an already packed season. It’s a lot to ask of these college kids to not only sacrifice more time but their bodies as well. The conference title is basically meaningless, so why not just scrap it all together? Scrap the championship move to 8 team playoff and you have a better playoff system without adding a extra game. To me it sounds like a win win.

Because you’d get the two best teams from each conference playing and eliminating each other. As opposed to having lopsided divisions.

Like wh n UCLA I went to their conference championship at 6-6.

Because you’d get the two best teams from each conference playing and eliminating each other. As opposed to having lopsided divisions.

Like wh n UCLA I went to their conference championship at 6-6.

Scrap the championship game and the best teams will play each other. Lets look at this year. If there was no conference championship you would have had Clemson Vs Ohio state, Auburn Vs Miami, Oklohoma vs Georgia and Wisconin Vs Alabama. The best from each conferences would be represented and the great part… No extra game for any team. Its best for the student athletes and the most fair for all.

Congrats to UCF on their championship...welcome to the club!

In 5-10 years from now when we have a real playoff and the antiquated bowl system has been done away with...nobody will remember or care how prior titles were decided.

Until that day, UCF’s title is as real as any other in sadgator’s opinion.

Reactions: Lord Christopher
Scrap the championship game and the best teams will play each other. Lets look at this year. If there was no conference championship you would have had Clemson Vs Ohio state, Auburn Vs Miami, Oklohoma vs Georgia and Wisconin Vs Alabama. The best from each conferences would be represented and the great part… No extra game for any team. Its best for the student athletes and the most fair for all.

So regress to the days of split conference titles? Better for the athletes?

It just acts as a first round elimination if the top 2 teams from the conferences play each other and you have a champ.

I just think your reasoning is a regressive attempt to be progressive.

So regress to the days of split conference titles? Better for the athletes?

It just acts as a first round elimination if the top 2 teams from the conferences play each other and you have a champ.

I just think your reasoning is a regressive attempt to be progressive.

I am saying eliminate conference titles all together. Take the 8 best teams regardless of conference and they play each other. This way you are not adding an extra game. If we keep the current system but even expand to 6 team play off, we are adding an extra game for 4 teams. Keep it the same that it is now you have a team like Alabama who actually got rewarded for not winning their division. To me moving to the 8 team with no conference championship game makes to most sense.

Why don’t we just do away with conference championship? They have proven to be meaningless in the playoff era. If you scrap conference championship you can add a 8 team playoff without adding an extra game these kids have to play

Because if you go to a round Robin format all the teams play each other in the regular season. So there's no need for divisions or a conference championship game. It wouldn't do anything but create rematches from the regular season, like what happened in the Big 12.

If everyone goes round robin you don't need divisions or conference title games...the champion of the conference is gonna be decided in the regular season. So now you eliminate issues like a team benefitting from playing in the weaker division or just winning a weak conference in general. Because even if the conference is weak (like the Big 12 this year) you still have to play the second or third best team in your conference and that doesn't always happen now. Plus you eliminate the FCS matchups so you don't have arguments like "so and so played X numbers of power 5 teams" because everybody will play the same amount.

From there if you want maybe go to 6 teams. Each Power 5 and then an at large. Everybody wins.

If everyone goes round robin you don't need divisions or conference title games...the champion of the conference is gonna be decided in the regular season. So now you eliminate issues like a team benefitting from playing in the weaker division or just winning a weak conference in general. Because even if the conference is weak (like the Big 12 this year) you still have to play the second or third best team in your conference and that doesn't always happen now. Plus you eliminate the FCS matchups so you don't have arguments like "so and so played X numbers of power 5 teams" because everybody will play the same amount.

From there if you want maybe go to 6 teams. Each Power 5 and then an at large. Everybody wins.

I like that. The only thing about the six game situation is that 4 of those teams are going to have to play one extra game. That's why i like the 8 game playoff. But your system would be better then what we have now.

I like that. The only thing about the six game situation is that 4 of those teams are going to have to play one extra game. That's why i like the 8 game playoff. But your system would be better then what we have now.

True but the hope is that dangling the reward of a bye in addition to narrowing back the regular season keeps the regular season even more crazy competitive. Its a tradeoff for expanding the playoffs.

Congrats to UCF on their championship...welcome to the club!

In 5-10 years from now when we have a real playoff and the antiquated bowl system has been done away with...nobody will remember or care how prior titles were decided.

Until that day, UCF’s title is as real as any other in sadgator’s opinion.

Works for me. Now both your's and the UCF AD's opinions can be universally ignored... :p ---------------- :D

You would say that about ANY system. The problem is there is no clear indicator why teams get ranked where they do (game control) lol gtfo
I had an issue with a six team playoff because of the byes it would provide two teams because reasons. You said Alabama got a bye essentially this year. That is something many have claimed is unfair, thus my claiming the four team is a flawed system...

When everything is not subjective to peoples opinions and universally agreed upon message boards like this will cease to exist.

You have stated a six team playoff is what we need. I don't think two teams should get a bye and a huge advantage over teams that have proven just as much. How would you decide who is worthy of said byes?

It would create much more of a headache than seeding teams 1-8 and pitting an Alabama against a UCF while two loss conference champions USC and tOSU have to play each other in what should be a much more grueling game.

I can't express my view on that any more clearly and you probably still believe a six team field is best. You have reasons for that , I just don't agree on giving out byes to college teams.

If everyone goes round robin you don't need divisions or conference title games. The champion of the conference is gonna be decided in the regular season.
Uh, huh. You mean like at the end of the reg.-season, e.g.:
· Bama is 12--1, suffering its 1 reg.-season loss to Auburn;
· Auburn is 12--1, suffering its 1 reg.-season loss to Jawjuh; and
· Jawjuh is 12--1, suffering its 1 reg.-season loss to Bama?
· Every other SEC member has at least 2 losses in SEC play.
And that situation somehow fairly & plainly decides the SEC champion? Don't we argue often enough here over circlularity while trying to apply transitivity to won-loss records and rankings?

That's 13 reg.-season games if a strict round-robin rule is decreed for the current SEC.

Or 14 reg.-season games to preserve the traditional-rival schedule slots for Florida--FSU, Jawjuh--Tech, and TA&M--Texas. Some of which might be legally required by state legislatures and their laws. Potentially a total 17 games for finalists in a hypothetical 8-team-play-off.

Perhaps conferences should start shedding members until they reach a total that's more practical for round-robin scheduling? Mizzou, the parvenue northwesternmost member of the SEC, quickly comes to mind. Its assignment to the SEC East exemplifies the foolishness of current dogma that promotes athletic-conference expansion.

Well there would be tiebreaker scenarios. But yes I'm fine with narrowing down conferences too. No argument from me there.

ucf-billboard-in-tuscaloosa-1515617496.jpg

Because if you go to a round Robin format all the teams play each other in the regular season. So there's no need for divisions or a conference championship game. It wouldn't do anything but create rematches from the regular season, like what happened in the Big 12.
I am not sure a 13 game regular season against just SEC teams is doable.

I like A&M in our conference. I went to our first game in college station. Had a great time. Great city, great fans and great facilities.

My pee wee team went undefeated and was not invited to the playoffs....clearly flawed. See how "clearly flawed" is not "clearly flawed"

While I think UCF got a little full of themselves, perhaps too much...

You are simply a dick.

Sure you are doing simpleton trolling. So here is a bite shitbfor brains. UCF, even with all the qualifications, was hardly a pee wee team. You know that. But chose to be a dick instead of adding something.

SOW fans. Complete insecure asses. When I post on their board, bring it back (maybe I posted once in ten years??)

Walk off. Prick.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
While I think UCF got a little full of themselves, perhaps too much...

You are simply a dick.

Sure you are doing simpleton trolling. So here is a bite shitbfor brains. UCF, even with all the qualifications, was hardly a pee wee team. You know that. But chose to be a dick instead of adding something.

SOW fans. Complete insecure asses. When I post on their board, bring it back (maybe I posted once in ten years??)

Walk off. Prick.

Deer gawd lay off the booze. You didnt put together one coherent sentence. Pathetic attempt. Take a lap

Deer gawd lay off the booze. You didnt (didn't) put together one coherent sentence. Pathetic attempt. Take a lap

Listen up Gators,,, we have a 'new & improved' grammar / board monitor to tell the other twits how to post. Thank goodness for that improvement... :rolleyes: --- :D

Reactions: fsu939913
Listen up Gators,,, we have a 'new & improved' grammar / board monitor to tell the other twits how to post. Thank goodness for that improvement... :rolleyes: --- :D

Cant believe u skipped over the "gawd" lol

Wasnt speaking about grammar tho, just his thought process and how he layed it out

Board Monitor -- IMO, gawd is clearly acceptable spelling when you're not talking about GOD, or about the gods...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT