ADVERTISEMENT

UCF AD proclaims us the National Champs:

Loathe as I am to admit agreeing with Instaloon, in this case I have to.

That is hilarious. As bad as AllBarn awarding themselves the NC back in 2004 and gave the players a parade through downtown cowtown. They couldn't find anything to put them on so they stuck them on little hay wagons ( and probably some manure spreaders) pulled by tractors.

I can't find that video. Some Alabama fan had it up on their old Rival's free board. It was a classic Especially when a tractor driver had stopped to let the players wave, then he dropped the clutch and the tractor lurched. Some sideboards had been hastily attached to the wagons so the players would have something to hold onto. After the lurch, some were hanging over the sides with others holding their feet and their shirts to keep them from hitting asphalt. Those more Urban raised were looking very leery of riding on those wagons in the first place. Bet they couldn't wait to get off.

Bammerites had a blast rubbing that in Barner's face for a good while.
Don't make fun of a tractor with your mouth full while wearing cotton clothing.

And the funniest part of this story...the Bammer necks had the audacity to laugh at anything"country".

I think UCF makes themselves look foolish by this, but it does point out my biggest complaint with college football for a long time, and it is the fact that only certain teams can actually win a championship, while the vast majority of teams, no matter who they beat, simply will not have a chance, and that sucks. There needs to be some sort of remedy for this situation, that really doesn't happen in any other level of football or other sport.

I didn't want to do this, but you forced me to it... o_O
So, how about a little dose of STFU REALITY for ya?

The last 2 times UCF played the Gators:
2006 UF 42 - 0 UCF (-42 Freakin' SHUTOUT)
1999 UF 58 - 27 UCF (-31)
:eek:
==============

2017 10-4 AU 27 - 34 UCF 13-0
(AU also lost to Clem, LSU, and UGA for the SEC-C) :rolleyes:

2016 6-7 Mary 30 - 24 UCF 6-7

2015 12-2 Stan 31 - 7 UCF 0-12 -- L

2014 11-3 Mizz 38 - 10 UCF 9-4 -- L

2013 11-2 SCa 28 - 25 UCF 12-1 -- L

2012 12-0 tOSU 31 - 16 UCF 10-4 -- L

2011 10-3 BYU 24 - 17 UCF 5-7 -- L

2010 6-7 UGA 6 - 10 UCF 11-3 -- W (losing record GA)

2009 9-4 Mia 27 - 7 UCF 8-5 -- L

2008 -- Lost to both USF and BC -- L

2007 10-3 TX 35 - 32 UCF 10-4 -- L

2006 -- 42 Pt. Shutout by Gators -- L

2005 7-5 SCa 24 - 15 UCF 8-5 -- L

2004 9-3 Wis 34 - 6 UCF 0-11 -- L

2003 8-5 VaT 49 - 28 UCF 3-9 -- L

2002 9-4 PSU 27 - 24 UCF 7-5 -- L

2001 7-5 Ark 27 - 20 UCF 6-5 -- L

2000 3-8 UA 38 - 40 UCF 7-4 -- W (worst UA team in the last 50 years)

1999 9-4 UF 58 - 27 UCF 4-7 (-31) -- L
1999 5-6 AU 28 - 10 UCF 4-7 -- L

1998 3-8 AU 10 - 6 UCF 9-2 -- L (freakin' pitiful...)

1997 5-6 SCa 33 - 31 UCF 5-6 -- L
1997 8-4 Miss
24 - 23 UCF 5-6 -- L

1996 6-5 SCa 33 - 14 UCF 5-6 -- L
Cool story. Didn't Auburn play for the title recently a year after going 1-11? Not sure what a prior year record has to do with UCF winning the NC this year.

At least ND got the chance to be embarrassed. UCF can't do the same. System needs work.

Dude I get youhave a thing for that crap conference because of your connection to Memphis come on...they’re a good team but there’s no way they’d be in the discussion if they played in a power 5 conference...especially the SEC.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
They are a good team no doubt and Frost is a really good coach. I don’t think they could withstand a Power 5 type schedule over the entire season to do well enough to be a top 4 team.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Dude I get youhave a thing for that crap conference because of your connection to Memphis come on...they’re a good team but there’s no way they’d be in the discussion if they played in a power 5 conference...especially the SEC.
I'm not saying they are SEC material. I am just saying I don't like the system. No I don't want to see a 16 team playoff but it's just not fair all D1 schools get a shot at the title but D1AA on down do.

I mean it is not just as simple as "Play in a better conference" or ", Upgrade your schedule" when that's nearly impossible to get in a P5. Scheduling isn't as easy as it sounds to schedule all P5 in OCS.

I just think they played great football this year and could possibly beat any team in the nation. Sure, they could easily get beat multiple games of they played an SEC, Big 10, or ACC schedule.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I only see a couple of solutions: either add more playoff slots, or subdivide the FBS so that the P5 are in their own league. It's hard to have over 100 football teams represented fairly in the same league.

Exactly this, its a long time coming, if it happens the new division could have up to 70 teams and all play randomly generated schedules with no lower division teams scheduled.

This would make it clear and honest. There would be belly aching but honestly the rest of Div 1 could celebrate their own champion.

Cool story. Didn't Auburn play for the title recently a year after going 1-11? Not sure what a prior year record has to do with UCF winning the NC this year.

Sorry, but having your own AD declare you're the NC is not the same thing as being awarded or recognized as the NC by everyone else. o_O

Only the red-turds and neutered lame could ever get away with that kind of crap, and even their crap is now long past it's day.... :rolleyes:

Maybe UCF and BSU should start their own division for the Cupcake's Championship Trophy... :D

UCF should also award themselves the Nobel Prize for National Championships. Then they could update their uniforms to include all of their new medals.

2018 UCF Uniform:
article-2051615-0E767BDF00000578-730_634x948.jpg

Agree with all of that...however, and deep down you likely know this...

SEC schedule, even with the above stats, is harder. Does not mean UCF was not really good, they were. Does not mean a conference champion that is undefeated and doesn't even have the chance to play for a title is not getting the shaft.

It just means that schedules are simply not the same. Even a lame Mississippi team for example is still really good. Every week. UCF deserves credit for pulling out their last three games by making a late play in close games. Memphis was at the UCF twenty five and inexplicably went backwards and missed a potential winning FG. But UCF hung in there and beat USF, Memphis and Auburn all sealed with a pick...lots of credit, all three good teams. Take credit in that and correctly grouse about no playoff.

But...you ain't Alabama, even if Auburn beat them. Good teams can always win. The Alabamas are simply better.
Can we kinda dispense with the 'SEC schedule' talk. It isn't 2007 anymore. UCF can hang. They beat a team that went 2-1 against Bama and UGA on a neutral field. Outside of those three teams, the SEC wasn't very good. Tennessee and UF were terrible. South Carolina middling. UCF would have killed them. The only other team(s) that are worth mentioning are Mississippi State and LSU. Both pretty meh too. Good, but the SEC didn't go 6-7 teams deep this year like it has in the past.

I don't really have a problem with UCF doing this. That tweet was absolutely correct. It's not a playoff, it's an invitational. UCF's claim this season is prolly just as legitimate, if not more so, than several of Alabama and ND's claims they put up. What's the difference other than time?

Can we kinda dispense with the 'SEC schedule' talk. It isn't 2007 anymore. UCF can hang. They beat a team that went 2-1 against Bama and UGA on a neutral field. Outside of those three teams, the SEC wasn't very good. Tennessee and UF were terrible. South Carolina middling. UCF would have killed them. The only other team(s) that are worth mentioning are Mississippi State and LSU. Both pretty meh too. Good, but the SEC didn't go 6-7 teams deep this year like it has in the past.

I don't really have a problem with UCF doing this. That tweet was absolutely correct. It's not a playoff, it's an invitational. UCF's claim this season is prolly just as legitimate, if not more so, than several of Alabama and ND's claims they put up. What's the difference other than time?

Oh please. In what world do you live that you think, with an actual meaningful game on the line, that UCF would stand a chance against almost any of the teams ranked ahead of them?

The fact that you brought up 2007 is ****ing hilarious. That was very similar to this year, where no team was really dominant and you got Ohio State and a two loss LSU in the finals. The SEC still won with Les Miles and his two loss squad beating Jim Tressel and his one loss Ohio State squad. Florida dicked itself out of the the SECCG and of all teams, TENNESSEE snuck into the game (their last appearance).

Grow the **** up and realize that going undefeated against shit teams and beating decent (not great) teams from the SEC or any power 5 conference does not mean that your undertalentrd but well coached school is worthy of anything but what they are: an undefeated mid-major who won the peach bowl against a deflated and beat up 3 loss team that is now a 4 loss team, which btw could have won that game. It’s not like UCF blew them out.

Absolutely pathetic that they’re even doing this. It’s embarrassing. And the fact that apparently their fans can’t see that says a lot.

Parade yourselves around draped in the glory of decades gone by where teams proclaimed themselves champs for multiple reasons.

What makes you pathetic is that you fail to realize how many respectable teams don’t claim titles. Florida could have claimed it in 1984, they had the clout and actual publications backing them, Auburn could have done so in 2004, but they don’t. They didn’t win it.

UCF is being declared the champ by their own self-serving president, which is far worse than the Tuscaloosa Times naming Alabama the champ.

Enjoy it, fine, but the players know, and will remember this nonsense in the future and will be embarrassed to call themselves “national champs.”

While I agree that the SEC talk is overblown, UCF's overall strength of schedule was still lacking. Beating Auburn in a fairly close game doesn't make up for the rest of the schedule being mostly cupcakes. You can argue that Alabama didn't deserve to be there either, but I'm not sure if UCF would have been the obvious replacement.

I know I'm just a crazy Nole, but I honestly think that if you put 7-6 FSU up against Undefeated UCF in theoretical "Best 3 out of 5" matchup, FSU wins at least two of those games. And FSU isn't even a ranked team.

Can we kinda dispense with the 'SEC schedule' talk (and enter fantasy-land instead). It isn't 2007 anymore. UCF can hang. They beat a team (not 9 SEC teams) that went 2-1 against Bama and UGA on a neutral field (while losing to Clemp's-son and LSU. Outside of those three teams, the SEC wasn't very good. Tennessee and UF were terrible. South Carolina middling. UCF would have killed them. The only other team(s) that are worth mentioning are Mississippi State and LSU. Both pretty meh too. Good, but the SEC didn't go 6-7 teams deep this year like it has in the past. (LSU beat AU but they are meh, while a UCF team won against an end of season beat up AU so they're NC's???) LMFAO :D:D:D

I don't really have a problem with UCF doing this. That tweet was absolutely correct. It's not a playoff, it's an invitational. UCF's claim this season is prolly just as Ill-legitimate, if not more so, than several of Alabama and ND's claims they put up. What's the difference other than time?

Forget the W/L records in the SEC for a second, while you try to understand that injuries greatly affect the season W/L records. This is why both FSUcks and the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I both joined the Almost Competitive Conf. instead of subjecting themselves to a full schedule of SEC opponents.

IF UCF had to play an 8-9 game SEC schedule, you'd be lucky to be able to field a full team by the end of the season from the steady azz-kickin' that you'd be taking. o_O
Are you truly this clueless? (rhetorical) :rolleyes:
-----

2006 BSU 13-0, beat Choke-la-homo and Big Game Bob in the Fiesta Bowl.
Their AD ddn't embarrass him or his solid 2nd Tier school by claiming to be a NC.

UCF and BSU could form the '2nd Tier Cupcake Conference Division' and then play each other for a CC-NC.
I've already suggested (posted) that D1 should split into 2 divisions of 64 teams, both with playoffs.

Oh BTW, a little FYI on BSU:
2006 13-0
2008 12-1
2009 14-0
2010 12-1
2011 12-1
2013 11-2
2014 12-2
2017 11-3
But they are smart enough to know that they are NOT NC material either...:cool:

Last edited:
I do feel bad for teams that do everything they can that presents itself and win all games. It just sucks for the small guys. P5 for multiple reasons can't play every non P5 team. Conferences can't include all G5 teams for expansion. It's just a no win situation. Too bad there isn't a G5 title game just for bragging rights.

But yes it is silly claiming being National Champs. Hasn't in the past Marshall, Utah, and Boise State gone undefeated? Tulane in 1998(or 99?) as well? None claimed being National Champs.
Even when Ohio State went undefeated Urb's first year with a better schedule and didn't claim a title.

I know I'm just a crazy Nole, but I honestly think that if you put 7-6 FSU up against Undefeated UCF in theoretical "Best 3 out of 5" matchup, FSU wins at least two of those games. And FSU isn't even a ranked team.
Disagree. This season they likely win all five. They have the type of offense Charles Kelly cannot stop. We may win one if they just totally mistakes their way out of a win.

sadgator loves it...they should print hats, shirts, bumper stickers...Fvck it...just act like the "real title game doesn't even exist...

UCF got totally screwed by the ridiculous system, so they might as well thumb their noses at it...

They can (and should) claim to be the National Champions forever...and nobody can do a damn thing about it.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I think UCF makes themselves look foolish by this, but it does point out my biggest complaint with college football for a long time, and it is the fact that only certain teams can actually win a championship, while the vast majority of teams, no matter who they beat, simply will not have a chance, and that sucks. There needs to be some sort of remedy for this situation, that really doesn't happen in any other level of football or other sport.

Of course there's a remedy. If you're UCF schedule some big boys in Power 5 conferences and beat em. Simple enough. Don't schedule teams like Austin Peay and FIU and then cry about how not fair it is. Teams in Power 5 conferences get roasted for playing teams that caliber, yet they get praised. Ohio St. gets no credit for beating a bad Maryland team, UCF gets propped up for doing it. The double standard works both ways.

UCF should also award themselves the Nobel Prize for National Championships. Then they could update their uniforms to include all of their new medals.

2018 UCF Uniform:
article-2051615-0E767BDF00000578-730_634x948.jpg

It smacks of Kim Jong Il golf round with 5 straight hole-in-ones.

In their defense, They had a game with Georgia Tech cancelled. If they had won that they would be 14-0 with OOC wins over GTech and Maryland, not world beaters but combined with beating Memphis twice and USF it would have strengthened their argument to have been one of the four, but not by much.

Yes, the system that has no room for an undefeated team to even have a shot is clearly flawed.

This year's UCF team was very good but the dude here indeed earned his helping of STFU. Even the nagging things like Auburn killed Alabama are annoying. They beat them. They were also schnockered in the SEC title game by Georgia.

The only way a team like UCF or Memphis gets a sniff, they have to go undefeated and they must have three major conference wins, and at least two of those major opponents need to have had good seasons. Boise State came awful awful close to being a top two team not that long ago, so it is possible, but unlikely.

Next year's top G5 team will be Memphis. By far.

My pee wee team went undefeated and was not invited to the playoffs....clearly flawed. See how "clearly flawed" is not "clearly flawed"

Reactions: Dannygator1989
sadgator loves it...

They can (and should) claim to be the National Champions forever...and nobody can do a damn thing about it.

Sure I can. I can begin by LMFAO, :D followed up by ignoring their invalid claims,,, (and your village idiot rantings )... :p

Only in college football does SOS matter over going undefeated and doing what the FBS systems own policies ask of a team like UCF to do. UCF proved the FBS system is very very faulty and needs to be clearly fixed.
Their (UCF) schedule is very very faulty and needs clearly to be fixed

sadgator loves it...they should print hats, shirts, bumper stickers...Fvck it...just act like the "real title game doesn't even exist...

UCF got totally screwed by the ridiculous system, so they might as well thumb their noses at it...

I can claim to be Catherine Zeta Jones and no one could do a thing about it either. No one will listen though

They are a good team no doubt and Frost is a really good coach. I don’t think they could withstand a Power 5 type schedule over the entire season to do well enough to be a top 4 team.

The injuries alone would do them in. Nice when you can stay healthy playing the teams they drew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT