ADVERTISEMENT

UCF AD proclaims us the National Champs:

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congrats on the season. You beat the team that beat the team that will win the title. Transitive results decree you win the "title".

Since I can't stand either team I will make believe you are the champions.

Take that Georgia/Alabama!

Edit: Auburn actually beat both Georgia and Alabama. So UCF beat the team that beat both teams competing for the title!

Last edited:
Aren’t we the only undefeated team?*
You are and InstaGator is a special kind of fan. Sadly you guys will have to have a run of three or more great years and bowl wins over top 10 teams to establish yourselves.

Really hard to do, look at Boise State.

Did you notice that UA just beat the snot outta #1 Ranked Clemp's-son?

And UGA beat the dust-bowl Chokers Heisman pretender QB.

What do the Chokers last 2 Heisman QB's have in common?
Neither could beat an SEC team with all the marbles on the line... o_O

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Play a 9 game SEC opponent schedule first,,, and then get back to me. o_O

Put 2 of your conference teams in the NC game and I'll then be impressed.

You had your best team in history, then lost your coaching staff to a Power-5 conference,,,, because Frost knows... :rolleyes:

Hey, if UCF's bellyaching gets us an 8-team playoff, I'm all for it. It might be a while before FSU finishes the regular season in the Top 4 again.

Agree with all of that...however, and deep down you likely know this...

SEC schedule, even with the above stats, is harder. Does not mean UCF was not really good, they were. Does not mean a conference champion that is undefeated and doesn't even have the chance to play for a title is not getting the shaft.

It just means that schedules are simply not the same. Even a lame Mississippi team for example is still really good. Every week. UCF deserves credit for pulling out their last three games by making a late play in close games. Memphis was at the UCF twenty five and inexplicably went backwards and missed a potential winning FG. But UCF hung in there and beat USF, Memphis and Auburn all sealed with a pick...lots of credit, all three good teams. Take credit in that and correctly grouse about no playoff.

But...you ain't Alabama, even if Auburn beat them. Good teams can always win. The Alabamas are simply better.

Beating a 4 loss auburn team in a meaningless bowl makes you national champ, then lets just cancel bama dawg game

Auburn destroyed Alabama in the Iron bowl and Obliterated Georgia in game one. We’ve all heard about that SEC speed but none of our 2 Star players ever actually see it. We are undefeated against Alabama, kicked UGA’s ass in the liberty bowl, but Mississippi State did beat us years ago in a tough game. *

Dude.

Don't become an insufferable jerk.

Really. Little worse than that. Enjoy the win, the miracle with Memphis, and an undefeated pnwith all the rest. It is highly unlikely UCF will enjoy this level year after year in the future. It happens and should be applauded, but simply don't be a jerk, and don't do the asshole thing of transitive stuff. Just don't.

If you need to do something, work with your fanbase to get them to stop embracing being rude obnoxious nearly violent cussing out fans of other school asses. And spare the they all do that. Not to the degree that many UCF thugs take pride in, do that, maintain top twenty nearly every year for a decade, then you can aCt like mother superior, until then, STFU.

[QUin TE="SADUCFKNIGHT17, post: 1209668, member: 74295"]Auburn destroyed Alabama in the Iron bowl and Obliterated Georgia in game one. We’ve all heard about that SEC speed but none of our 2 Star players ever actually see it. We are undefeated against Alabama, kicked UGA’s ass in the liberty bowl, but Mississippi State did beat us years ago in a tough game. *[/QUOTE]
So if you played an 8 game sec schedule that included road games at bama, uga, miss st and lsu what would your record be? How about 8 game ACC schedule? No need to answer as every sane person in the country already knows

Only in college football does SOS matter over going undefeated and doing what the FBS systems own policies ask of a team like UCF to do. UCF proved the FBS system is very very faulty and needs to be clearly fixed.

Only in college football does SOS matter over going undefeated and doing what the FBS systems own policies ask of a team like UCF to do. UCF proved the FBS system is very very faulty and needs to be clearly fixed.

The hell you say. Playing ranked teams versus Sisters of the Poor and the military academies should always mean something. Otherwise why bother having rankings in the first place.

I didn't realize half of those teams on their schedule had football teams.

UCF should just be happy they went from 0-12 to 13-0 in two years and STFU.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Auburn destroyed Alabama in the Iron bowl and Obliterated Georgia in game one. We’ve all heard about that SEC speed but none of our 2 Star players ever actually see it. We are undefeated against Alabama, kicked UGA’s ass in the liberty bowl, but Mississippi State did beat us years ago in a tough game. *

I didn't want to do this, but you forced me to it... o_O
So, how about a little dose of STFU REALITY for ya?

The last 2 times UCF played the Gators:
2006 UF 42 - 0 UCF (-42 Freakin' SHUTOUT)
1999 UF 58 - 27 UCF (-31)
:eek:
==============

2017 10-4 AU 27 - 34 UCF 13-0 -- W
(AU also lost to Clem, LSU, and UGA for the SEC-C) :rolleyes:

2016 6-7 Mary 30 - 24 UCF 6-7 -- L

2015 12-2 Stan 31 - 7 UCF 0-12 -- L

2014 11-3 Mizz 38 - 10 UCF 9-4 -- L

2013 11-2 SCa 28 - 25 UCF 12-1 -- L

2012 12-0 tOSU 31 - 16 UCF 10-4 -- L

2011 10-3 BYU 24 - 17 UCF 5-7 -- L

2010 6-7 UGA 6 - 10 UCF 11-3 -- W (losing record GA)

2009 9-4 Mia 27 - 7 UCF 8-5 -- L

2008 -- Lost to both USF and BC -- L

2007 10-3 TX 35 - 32 UCF 10-4 -- L

2006 -- 42 Pt. Shutout by Gators -- L

2005 7-5 SCa 24 - 15 UCF 8-5 -- L

2004 9-3 Wis 34 - 6 UCF 0-11 -- L

2003 8-5 VaT 49 - 28 UCF 3-9 -- L

2002 9-4 PSU 27 - 24 UCF 7-5 -- L

2001 7-5 Ark 27 - 20 UCF 6-5 -- L

2000 3-8 UA 38 - 40 UCF 7-4 -- W (worst UA team in the last 50 years)

1999 9-4 UF 58 - 27 UCF 4-7 (-31) -- L
1999 5-6 AU 28 - 10 UCF 4-7 -- L

1998 3-8 AU 10 - 6 UCF 9-2 -- L (freakin' pitiful...)

1997 5-6 SCa 33 - 31 UCF 5-6 -- L
1997 8-4 Miss
24 - 23 UCF 5-6 -- L

1996 6-5 SCa 33 - 14 UCF 5-6 -- L

Last edited:
I was at that game you are talking about...if you are talking about UGA when they were 6-6 when Aaron Murray was maybe a freshman and you beat them by less than a TD. That's an ass kicking?

Despite that congratulations on the good season. It was a hell of a season. I wish you guys did get a shot in the playoffs but it is what it is.

I actually really love the balls on this guy. No matter what, this causes UCF to gain even more attention for themselves. In five years nobody will remember the 2017 UCF Knights or this silly little promotion they are doing now. The amount of press and attention they are getting now is priceless, UCF 2017 National Champions! Wahoo!

Loathe as I am to admit agreeing with Instaloon, in this case I have to.

That is hilarious. As bad as AllBarn awarding themselves the NC back in 2004 and gave the players a parade through downtown cowtown. They couldn't find anything to put them on so they stuck them on little hay wagons ( and probably some manure spreaders) pulled by tractors.

I can't find that video. Some Alabama fan had it up on their old Rival's free board. It was a classic Especially when a tractor driver had stopped to let the players wave, then he dropped the clutch and the tractor lurched. Some sideboards had been hastily attached to the wagons so the players would have something to hold onto. After the lurch, some were hanging over the sides with others holding their feet and their shirts to keep them from hitting asphalt. Those more Urban raised were looking very leery of riding on those wagons in the first place. Bet they couldn't wait to get off.

Bammerites had a blast rubbing that in Barner's face for a good while.

Auburn didn’t announce themselves national champs and they don’t claim to.

And if they DID, they’d have a much better case than a UCF team that played nobody all year (minus hhenother overly inflated “good” teams in their own weak conference) until they played a flurry 3 loss Auburn team.

Whoopdy shit

And if they DID, they’d have a much better case than a UCF team that played nobody all year (minus hhenother overly inflated “good” teams in their own weak conference) until they played a flurry 3 loss Auburn team.

Whoopdy shit

UCF is a great team this year, but they barely beat Memphis (who just lost to Iowa State) in multiple OT and then barely beat Auburn. That's nothing to sneeze at, but nothing there screams "National Champion."

Whoopdy shit

I don't disagree with you. It was just that video of the parade was hilarious.

2004 was the year that the Barn was the only standing undefeated major team after USC crushed the Okies but got their NC yanked due to the Reggie Bush deal ( among other things) So they like to think that they should have gotten it and yeah, I do agree that due to the circumstances, they had a point.

The barn never gave up 55 points to anyone like UCF did. The most points they gave up was 28 vs Tennessee in the SECC. Plus, Barn beat #5 LSU, #10 Tennessee, #5 Georgia, #15 ranked Tennessee again in the SECC and #9 U/Va.along with beating Alabama and the rest of their SECW schedule which are just a tad tougher opponents than those of the AAC.

UCF played 3 ranked teams
#22 South Florida 49-42
#16 Memphis 62-55
# 7 Auburn 34-27(whose players were bummed about getting beat by U/Ga and not winning the SECC)

2004, Barn beats 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 and 5 in the Top 15 that year.

2017, UCF:rolleyes: Their fans have the right to feel good about their team but any of the "Final Four" would have slaughtered them *(IMHO of course) So would OSU or Penn State.

In their defense, They had a game with Georgia Tech cancelled. If they had won that they would be 14-0 with OOC wins over GTech and Maryland, not world beaters but combined with beating Memphis twice and USF it would have strengthened their argument to have been one of the four, but not by much.

Yes, the system that has no room for an undefeated team to even have a shot is clearly flawed.

This year's UCF team was very good but the dude here indeed earned his helping of STFU. Even the nagging things like Auburn killed Alabama are annoying. They beat them. They were also schnockered in the SEC title game by Georgia.

The only way a team like UCF or Memphis gets a sniff, they have to go undefeated and they must have three major conference wins, and at least two of those major opponents need to have had good seasons. Boise State came awful awful close to being a top two team not that long ago, so it is possible, but unlikely.

Next year's top G5 team will be Memphis. By far.

UCF is a great team this year, but they barely beat Memphis (who just lost to Iowa State) in multiple OT and then barely beat Auburn. That's nothing to sneeze at, but nothing there screams "National Champion."
It's bad on UCF that they went 2-0 against Memphis...who lost by one point to a team that beat Oklahoma who was in the playoff game and had a Heisman Trophy winner? All while Memphis was missing their star RB.

Don't forget they also beat the drums off Memphis if margin of victory is so important to the arguments.

It is what it is but UCF can argue and claim whatever they want. They won all games in front of em.

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT