ADVERTISEMENT

Two children in Mississippi on ventilators with Delta variant of Covid.

Monoclonal AB treatment is for mild to moderate disease only. Not for hospitalized patients. I used it some during the peak outbreak in Jan and Feb. Worked great for a few, they started to feel better within hours. For some it did not work. I think it is used less recently as there is some resistance that has developed.

Monoclonal AB treatment is for mild to moderate disease only. Not for hospitalized patients. I used it some during the peak outbreak in Jan and Feb. Worked great for a few, they started to feel better within hours. For some it did not work. I think it is used less recently as there is some resistance that has developed.

Agreed on timing of use. Not so sure on your other point. This is from 5 hours ago

I mean, what does he know, right?

I do not treat patients based on Twitter. Talk to me when you start your own medical practice and actually have the experience of treating real patients.

I do not treat patients based on Twitter. Talk to me when you start your own medical practice and actually have the experience of treating real patients.

Do you treat patients based on recommendations from public health officials, based on science? At least his credentials are verifiable….yours, not so much

What about the CDC, you follow their guidance?

Last edited:
This is my opinion but I think those who get infected despite being vaccinated are more often infected by a variant virus. That is spreading more now because it is rampant among the UNvacvinated allowing it to spill over to the vaccinated. We all celebrate that the mask mandates are lifted and businesses are open. Unfortunately those unvaccinated people are ruining it for the rest of us.
60% of those hospitalized in the UK are fully vaccinated.

That number is too big to just be “spill over” from the unvaccinated. In fact, I’m not a mathematician but I think it’s a majority.

Don’t feel bad. Their deaths are insignificant according to some posters on here.
Luckily their gov’t didn’t ban therapeutics and let information spread about Ivirmectin. It played an important role in the dramatic decline in death over the last few weeks.

Reactions: jfegaly
Luckily their gov’t didn’t ban therapeutics and let information spread about Ivirmectin. It played an important role in the dramatic decline in death over the last few weeks.
Let me guess....you got that off the internet. sheesh....

Come on man....these doctors on here (on the internet, that we cannot verify their credentials) are much more believable than Doctors and other health experts that we CAN verify their credentials. Just sayin.

Do not believe anything on the internet (you know, the information highway). So, I sent out some carrier pigeons for information. We should know something in a couple weeks.

Let me guess....you got that off the internet. sheesh....

Come on man....these doctors on here (on the internet, that we cannot verify their credentials) are much more believable than Doctors and other health experts that we CAN verify their credentials. Just sayin.

Do not believe anything on the internet (you know, the information highway). So, I sent out some carrier pigeons for information. We should know something in a couple weeks.
Actually I think I saw this on mainstream news. They were analyzing the areas that adopted it and those that didn’t and showed how the trends were headed in the opposite direction.

That stat is disputed, no proven correlation between the meds snd decline in cases.

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
Actually I think I saw this on mainstream news. They were analyzing the areas that adopted it and those that didn’t and showed how the trends were headed in the opposite direction.

The Gator lounge “doctors” say there are no treatments. Everyone else is not to be believed. And the medical community still can’t figure out why folks are skeptical

Two children in Mississippi on ventilators with Delta variant of Covid.
Not my patients. But it’s the first time I’ve heard of two pediatric ventilated Covid patients and they’re both Delta variant. I don’t necessarily draw conclusions yet, you can draw your own conclusions from that but it is worrisome
6 people died of the vax so its still way more safe to not vax.

So now you trust the MSM?

I go back and forth on wether to get the vaccine. My wife and daughter have received it. I’m a little hesitant because I lost a friend who was extremely healthy to COVID. He didn’t know he had the virus when he took the vaccine. He has zero symptoms and wasn’t even sick. Six days after taking the vaccine he was dead. He had all the reactions, including clotting. I think he would be still alive if he didn’t get the vaccine. I really think it killed him.

• Sad
So now you trust the MSM?
No but it was data, and I was surprised they were even talking about a therapeutic that didn’t put $3000 a dose into the medical system.

I guess everyone has moments of being human.

I go back and forth on wether to get the vaccine. My wife and daughter have received it. I’m a little hesitant because I lost a friend who was extremely healthy to COVID. He didn’t know he had the virus when he took the vaccine. He has zero symptoms and wasn’t even sick. Six days after taking the vaccine he was dead. He had all the reactions, including clotting. I think he would be still alive if he didn’t get the vaccine. I really think it killed him.
That’s extremely sad and tragic. It seems that you cannot blame the death on the vaccine if he died so soon after it. As you say he caught the Covid virus before the shot.

That’s extremely sad and tragic. It seems that you cannot blame the death on the vaccine if he died so soon after it. As you say he caught the Covid virus before the shot.
I’m wondering if the virus was exacerbated by the shot. They should really test you before taking the vaccine. I think this has happened in some cases.

Wait, a vaccine that doesn’t kill anyone has a known timeframe death can occur?

And if it takes so long is that why you have to sit there for 30 minutes before you can leave?

Get your narratives straight doc.

No narrative. You ignorant buffoons only try to pick apart any thing that you can to get a response. Again, when you start treating patients I may respect your opinion.

I hope you are, of course to really see how healthy takes a lot of non routine medical screening...you seem like a wheat grass tofu guy to me, so maybe you are..

The wheat grass tofu guy part owned me. Well done.

I believe in moderation, daily exercise and regular visits to my doctor. I don't believe in trends, quick fixes or extreme measures. I wasn't always so disciplined and it required a change in lifestyle...which is hard. Almost all things that are worthwhile are hard.

No narrative. You ignorant buffoons only try to pick apart any thing that you can to get a response. Again, when you start treating patients I may respect your opinion.

What about the opinion of your peers, or CDC guidance? We respect that?

With that attitude. If it gets bad, you uppity bastards may get treated with the same attitude that is being presented to cops.

Reactions: fsumc and jfegaly
Remember 9/11 when cops and firemen were heroes? Guess what? They are being shot at now. Save your arrogance and be humble for what you do.
It’s all narrative brotha. Heroes now, villains later. Whatever gets the emotions, votes and donations rule the day.

You know the deal

Reactions: BamaFan1137
It’s all narrative brotha. Heroes now, villains later. Whatever gets the emotions, votes and donations rule the day.

You know the deal

I won’t turn on them because I believe they are all heroes, doing the best they can. That being said, can you imagine the general publics opinion if there are even more serious consequences to the vaccines down the road? Things could get ugly.

Reactions: martycat1 and fsumc
I won’t turn on them because I believe they are all heroes, doing the best they can. That being said, can you imagine the general publics opinion if there are even more serious consequences to the vaccines down the road? Things could get ugly.
I’d never turn on police, firemen, first responders, our military, front line workers, doctors, nurses, etc. Those are the true heroes.

My “pop a doc” post was a stupid joke that someone took way out of context.

Reactions: martycat1
Three weeks ago we had no Covid patients in this hospital. Today we have 30 Covid patients in the hospital and we now have six Covid patients on ventilators. All but one have not received the vaccine and the one that did receive the vaccine is on low oxygen and will probably go home tomorrow.

when you ask them why they didn’t get the vaccine you get the same reasons that guy stated in the article, and they all regret not getting the vaccine now.

We are dangerously close to another resurgence of the pandemic. That is why locally some places are making hard decisions trying to re-institute policies that may prevent or lessen the spread because if we outstrip our resources we go back to having to make decisions about who gets to live and who gets to die.

This is a preventable disease now, and if you get the infection you run the risk of dying and the vaccine is relatively safe, far more risk to not getting the vaccine given the current surging infection numbers. Also of note more pediatric cases are developing and severe pediatric cases are developing. I’ve been keeping an eye on the numbers and they’re not looking good.

The other unique thing about it is a lot of these patients do not have the same comorbidities and underlying medical problems this time.

Y’all do what you want but that’s the reality of what’s happening right from the doctors and nurses that are actually taking care of this and are horribly afraid of having to go through this again like we’ve had to twice already. More and more people are quitting because it’s horribly demoralizing and even more so now that it’s preventable.

@G8trDad3

The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is jarring. We have a bit of an uptick here, but it doesn't sound as bad as where you are. Pretty much everyone who's been hospitalized has been unvaccinated. The only case of a vaccinated patient is a 90 year old end stage dementia patients on hospice. We don't think she's even here for COVID though, as she came in with delirium and hypernatremia probably from an UTI as she has no respiratory symptoms.

I completely agree that this is pretty much a preventable disease at this point, or at least the severe symptomatic cases are preventable. As a physician I still have a professional responsibility to educate and push people to get vaccinated, but I no longer feel as much of a moral/social obligation to push for prevention/mitigation measures like vaccines and to a lesser extent masks.

Thus, for those who don't want the vaccine, I say you do you. The information is clear, and the message from healthcare professionals across both sides of the political divide is consistent. You're free to choose what to do to your own body, just don't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences.

One side note, and this is worth repeating. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen in COVID. So many survivors are so debilitated for so long. If you require anything more than a couple days of hospitalization, chances are it's gonna be months at least until you fully recover, if you ever do. So bear this in mind when you're thinking about the risks vs. benefits of getting vaccinated.

“Death is not the only bad thing that can happen in COVID.”

This^^^

Some people are fixated on the mortality. Yes, an otherwise young and healthy, but unvaccinated, person probably won’t die if they are infected. But trust me when I say that having an illness that affects your breathing is a profoundly unpleasant experience when things get bad. There is nothing quite like the sensation that you can’t get enough air.

Some people are speculating about the long-term affects of the vaccine. Meanwhile, there is a large group of COVID long haulers with documented long-term issues like vascular damage, reduced lung capacity, etc. I don’t know why this doesn’t factor into the risk/reward calculations of the vaccine-hesitant.

Last edited:
The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is jarring. We have a bit of an uptick here, but it doesn't sound as bad as where you are. Pretty much everyone who's been hospitalized has been unvaccinated. The only case of a vaccinated patient is a 90 year old end stage dementia patients on hospice. We don't think she's even here for COVID though, as she came in with delirium and hypernatremia probably from an UTI as she has no respiratory symptoms.

I completely agree that this is pretty much a preventable disease at this point, or at least the severe symptomatic cases are preventable. As a physician I still have a professional responsibility to educate and push people to get vaccinated, but I no longer feel as much of a moral/social obligation to push for prevention/mitigation measures like vaccines and to a lesser extent masks.

Thus, for those who don't want the vaccine, I say you do you. The information is clear, and the message from healthcare professionals across both sides of the political divide is consistent. You're free to choose what to do to your own body, just don't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences.

One side note, and this is worth repeating. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen in COVID. So many survivors are so debilitated for so long. If you require anything more than a couple days of hospitalization, chances are it's gonna be months at least until you fully recover, if you ever do. So bear this in mind when you're thinking about the risks vs. benefits of getting vaccinated.
Very true, a lot of pulmonary cripples have been created by this disease and it’s unclear if they will ever get better. Probably not looking at their x-rays in the degree of pulmonary fibrosis that has been created by the Covid infection and the body’s response to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT