ADVERTISEMENT

TRUMP VERDICT REACHED

I don't think we should play the "get even game". We (Repubs) are not going to be very successful acting like Democrats. We need to concentrate on battling the source of their power. I haven't followed Megan Kelly lately so I'm not sure where she is coming from but I don't think that "get even" is a very smart strategy. This is going to wind up similar to Trump telling his supporters we have equal rights so go and peacefully protest at the capitol. You remember how that turned out.
I’m not huge on the “get even” strategy either. However, I am in full support of labeling and recognizing these people for who they are. Undemocratic fascists who want to take power away from everyone who doesn’t agree with them and force their beliefs on everyone else.

You must always understand and see your enemy for who they are. And yes, enemy. They’re trying to undo the American way of life and democracy. If you allow them, they will institute their agenda on your life and demand you do and think as they say.

Merchan put a gag on FEC's testimony.

Trump's defense team wants to call election law expert Brad Smith to testify about federal campaign finance law. But the judge ruled this morning that allowing Smith to testify expansively on that topic would supplant the judge's role to determine what the law is.

In words you can understand..........Merchan decided HE HIMSELF would explain why Trump was guilty, NOT the people who actually administer the FEC laws. :rolleyes:

1c1adac0adc6d98c413d988093ab46c3.jpg
The judge determines the law NOT someone else. You guys really need to learn law 101.

The judge determines the law NOT someone else. You guys really need to learn law 101.
Expert Witnesses are there to give you their opinion of how the law interacts with the facts, based on their education and experience. They explain the law, then apply the facts of the case and gives an opinion.

The Judge basically said all he can do is read the statute to the jury, but would not allow any opinion to be given, Would not allow the expert to apply the facts of this case to the law and give his opinion. Without that, no need for an expert.

NOW, you need to ask yourself WHY would the Judge do that? Could it be that given the facts of the case, the expert's opinion would be that Trump did not violate Federal Election Laws?

Last edited:
Wrong. Again. Words have meaning.

Lawmakers “determine” what laws are passed.

Judges can “interpret” these laws when they are unclear.

But the interpretation isn’t at issue, jurisdiction is. Merchan has no right to deny the defense an expert witness that could provide a higher level of understanding to the jury, if that specific issue is pertinent to the trial. Furthermore, besides having zero experience in federal election law, a state court can’t use a federal crime that hasn’t even been levied as a predicate crime. It’s not their jurisdiction to assume guilt on the part of the defendant.

The FEC expert witness was going to inform the jury that the FEC looked at these transactions and did not see them as a violation of any federal laws.

So you’re explaining that away, as well as the fact that Merchan being “randomly selected” for all 3 of the Trump cases was a 1 in 15k chance, or 0.0067% probability. But you still think it’s random…

I know you hate proper English, but why go after math too?

You should spend more time talking about these things with your fake lawyer wife. She’ll set you straight.

My wife was / is a hard core Nikki supporter, but she despises Biden and is now fully on board with Trump 2024.

I’m glad to hear we can count on the Mrs. in November. Does she know others that may have reservations about voting for Trump? If so, I hope she can convert them, too.

It’s Trump-or-bust now.

(FYI— I’m 100% happy with Pope 😉)

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
Expert Witnesses are there to give you their opinion of how the law interacts with the facts, based on their education and experience. They explain the law, then apply the facts of the case and gives an opinion.

The Judge basically said all he can do is read the statute to the jury, but would not allow any opinion to be given, Would not allow the expert to apply the facts of this case to the law and give his opinion. Without that, no need for an expert.

NOW, you need to ask yourself WHY would the Judge do that? Could it be that given the facts of the case, the expert's opinion would be that Trump did not violate Federal Election Laws?
And what flavor of expert do you like?

But the interpretation isn’t at issue, jurisdiction is. Merchan has no right to deny the defense an expert witness that could provide a higher level of understanding to the jury, if that specific issue is pertinent to the trial. Furthermore, besides having zero experience in federal election law, a state court can’t use a federal crime that hasn’t even been levied as a predicate crime. It’s not their jurisdiction to assume guilt on the part of the defendant.

The FEC expert witness was going to inform the jury that the FEC looked at these transactions and did not see them as a violation of any federal laws.

So you’re explaining that away, as well as the fact that Merchan being “randomly selected” for all 3 of the Trump cases was a 1 in 15k chance, or 0.0067% probability. But you still think it’s random…

You should spend more time talking about these things with your fake lawyer wife. She’ll set you straight.
How can you fall for Trump? Its mind blowing, it really is.

You have been wrong about everything legal. So idc what you say.

We can bet anything that my wife is an attorney, ANYTHING. If you don't want to bet then STFU about it. I don't play with disrespecting my family.

We can bet anything that my wife is an attorney, ANYTHING. If you don't want to bet then STFU about it. I don't play with disrespecting my family.
Fats flips burgers for a living don’t question his legal knowledge.

I’m not huge on the “get even” strategy either. However, I am in full support of labeling and recognizing these people for who they are. Undemocratic fascists who want to take power away from everyone who doesn’t agree with them and force their beliefs on everyone else.

You must always understand and see your enemy for who they are. And yes, enemy. They’re trying to undo the American way of life and democracy. If you allow them, they will institute their agenda on your life and demand you do and think as they say.
VERY good post!

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Fats flips burgers for a living don’t question his legal knowledge.
I just don't get coming at my wife. I never ever went after anyone's family and never will. Don't cross that line. I am not Ted Cruz, ill slug for mine.

Anyway, he is an expert on everything. He googles something then tries to educate us. It's difficult to have those conversations with a "know it all".

Settle down Sally. I’m not going after your wife - I’m just calling you out for yet another volunteered personal detail that ranges on the scale of extremely hard to believe to obviously false. It’s quite the list you’ve built up.

What exactly did I get wrong about legal issues in this case?

Settle down Sally. I’m not going after your wife - I’m just calling you out for yet another volunteered personal detail that ranges on the scale of extremely hard to believe to obviously false. It’s quite the list you’ve built up.

What exactly did I get wrong about legal issues in this case?
You called my wife a fake lawyer, I never called your family a fake anything, i would never do that. I keep it between us.

So what's the bet? then after I win the bet, you will come back here and apologize.

I just don't get coming at my wife. I never ever went after anyone's family and never will. Don't cross that line. I am not Ted Cruz, ill slug for mine.

Anyway, he is an expert on everything. He googles something then tries to educate us. It's difficult to have those conversations with a "know it all".
Certain things absolutely should be off limits. You and I disagree on a bit Kal, but that’s out of bounds. Should never come at a man’s wife.

You called my wife a fake lawyer, I never called your family a fake anything, i would never do that. I keep it between us.

So what's the bet? then after I win the bet, you will come back here and apologize.
After re reading my word order was in poor taste. I apologize.

How about “fake wife who he claims is a lawyer”?

And don’t out your wife, if she is real, here. There’s no point in it.

I’ll refrain from any future mentions of your wife, be wise if you’d do the same.

Merchan is a corrupt hack. The FEC ADMINISTERS the law. I'm going to laugh MY ASS off when either an appellate or SCOTUS teach you wet behind the ears midget a lesson in the law.😂
And what happens if they don't?

After re reading my word order was in poor taste. I apologize.

How about “fake wife who he claims is a lawyer”?

And don’t out your wife, if she is real, here. There’s no point in it.

I’ll refrain from any future mentions of your wife, be wise if you’d do the same.
Complete bad taste but thanks for the apology.

I don't think calling her fake in any way is cool. You tried to send shade her way. Like I said, keep the negative energy directed towards me. I don't know why you would think that I would lie because I care what you think.

Just don't speak negative on her, I'll definitely make sure that I don't talk to you regarding her real knowledge on the law again.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Complete bad taste but thanks for the apology.

I don't think calling her fake in any way is cool. You tried to send shade her way. Like I said, keep the negative energy directed towards me. I don't know why you would think that I would lie because I care what you think.

Just don't speak negative on her, I'll definitely make sure that I don't talk to you regarding her real knowledge on the law again.
I’m not calling her anything.

The shot is at you, not her, by positing you’re lying.

You’ve told several about yourself, so I’m going on my personal experience, no animosity towards anyone.

Certain things absolutely should be off limits. You and I disagree on a bit Kal, but that’s out of bounds. Should never come at a man’s wife.
Don’t let the victim card work here.

I’m accusing Kal of lying he even has a wife, my shots were at him not his wife.

I’m aggressive but I keep things above board. I don’t call names or make baseless (unrelated) personal attacks.

Don’t let the victim card work here.

I’m accusing Kal of lying he even has a wife, my shots were at him not his wife.

I’m aggressive but I keep things above board. I don’t call names or make baseless (unrelated) personal attacks.
I'm accusing Kal of low T for one. Even if he's married, his balls are in a jar in his wife's freezer. 😂

he is an idiot, thats one happens when youre in a cult, the brain ceases to work..

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988

https://x.com/marklevinshow

A good friend, who is a seasoned Supreme Court litigator and all-around outstanding attorney, urges Republican state attorneys general to sue the state of New York for its lawfare against President Trump (I have written about and discussed that President Trump’s lawyers should consider seeking common law writs for reasons I won’t restate here), which would create a second and wholly independent basis for paving a path to the Supreme Court via original jurisdiction. Obviously, one cannot predict what the Supreme Court would do, but they provide the justices with the ability to decide whether to act, which they surely should. These are extraordinarily dangerous times for our republic, which requires smart and experienced appellate lawyers to seek legitimate avenues to the Supreme Court, however rare but nonetheless appropriate and serious, to help protect the Constitution and the Republic. Here is what my friend wrote:THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHOULD BE SUED IN THE SUPREME COURTNew York prosecutors have sought and obtained civil and criminal judgments under unique New York laws against Donald Trump in New York courts before New York judges shortly before the Presidential election. Their purpose and the necessary effect of what they have done is to interfere in the forthcoming federal election by persuading voters in “swing states” not to cast ballots for “electors” who would choose Trump to be President. The legal validity of these New York judgments has been challenged, but cannot be determined before the election.“Electors” are the individuals whose commitment and vote under the Constitution’s Twelfth Amendment will determine whether Joe Biden or Donald Trump will be our President from January 2025 until January 2029. They will be selected in all States by the voters’ choice for Biden or Trump in the election to be held on November 5, and will formally cast their votes in the “Electoral College” that will assemble on January 6, 2025.The Supreme Court said in Burroughs v. United States, 290 U.S. 534, (1934) that even though presidential electors are not “officers or agents of the federal government,” they “exercise federal functions under, and discharge duties in virtue of authority conferred by, the Constitution of the United States.” A single State may not deliberately utilize its local laws, invoked by prosecutors, and implemented by judges who affiliate with one national party, to tilt the voting for electors in other States. Because of instant communication attributable to modern technology New York State can deliberately interfere with voting across the country. The Supreme Court in Burroughs quoted with approval the decision in Ex parte Yarbrough, 110 U.S. 651, 657 (1884), that it is proper “to secure this election [of electors] from the influence of violence, of corruption, and of fraud.”What New York has achieved (and what it will accomplish unless the Supreme Court takes prompt remedial action) is to make this and future federal Presidential elections chaotic and unpredictable. It subjects them to aggressive attack on one candidate by a single partisan State choosing to weaponize its local laws and courts.New York’s effort to prejudice the Presidential election is comparable to Colorado’s determination, unanimously vacated by the Supreme Court in Trump v. Anderson, 601 U.S. 100 (2024), to remove one Presidential candidate from its ballot. Colorado purported to invoke a federal constitutional provision, but it was also a one-State effort to interfere with the Presidential election.New York’s conduct is more egregious, will cause more lasting damage, and calls more crucially for a Supreme Court remedy than what Florida’s courts did, and the Court reversed, after the 2000 Presidential election was held, but the vote count in Florida was not completed. Because this year’s election process is ongoing, a more extreme perversion of a fair and uncorrupted choice by voters can be perpetrated by New York’s sentencing decision and by enforcement of the civil judgment. Both would be based entirely on New York’s local laws and will be announced by its partisan local judges to be exploited by instant publicity across the country.States like Texas, Florida, Tennessee, North Dakota, Utah, and others that are strongly Republican could sue New York in an Original Action in the Supreme Court under the provision of federal law that authorizes actions in the Supreme Court of controversies between States (28 U.S.C. 1251(a)). They could seek, as relief, that New York be ordered to vacate the New York judgments against Trump. This relief does not depend on any determination by the Supreme Court that either of the local New York judgments misapplies New York law (which is probable), but because the judgments were designed – and are being invoked – to corrupt the Presidential election in “swing states” like Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, among others. If the Court fails to intervene, New York will succeed in unraveling a national electoral process that was set in place with the birth of the Constitution and has peacefully endured through the nation’s most tumultuous and partisan periods.The Court should also lay down a prophylactic rule to protect future Presidential elections from similar interference. It should declare that a State may not, in the year of a Presidential election, initiate any civil or criminal action that is based entirely on that State’s local law in its State courts against a Presidential candidate. The civil and criminal cases against Trump in the New York courts (or in Georgia’s local court) could be pursued and tried (if the prosecutors were still interested) after the election.Such a rule would be critical in the 2028 election. Incumbent President Biden has not been sued or prosecuted in the local courts of deeply Republican States because he has presidential immunity. But if the 2028 election involved no incumbent, the Republican States could do what New York has done to Trump and what future Democratic prosecutors are likely to emulate in their States– prosecute and sue the opposing candidate shortly before election before a judge who will probably have similar political views and secure one or more judgments that can be publicized and may have substantial effect in “swing states.”

Reactions: BCSpell

Is this really what we want as a country??? Playing politics instead of fixing problems??? Pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT