ADVERTISEMENT

The "Toe"

Not to get in my bag about it, but blackface was parody.

I suppose you have to divine intent.

There's an excellent example in the movie Tropic Thunder.
Black face TO ME was not racist. We grew up with that stuff. Too many soft people in this Country looking for ANYTHING to call others out. Makes me sick. And usually the people CALLING other people racists are THE WORST racists.

Reactions: BCSpell
Not to get in my bag about it, but blackface was parody.

I suppose you have to divine intent.

There's an excellent example in the movie Tropic Thunder.
Blackface is making fun of someone for the way they were born. That’s always offensive.

Acting like someone who has developmental disabilities is the same sort of mean-spirited mockery.

The tweet was making fun of someone for faking, for cultural appropriation.

I’m not saying it’s not offensive, I’m just pointing out a key difference.

Blackface is making fun of someone for the way they were born. That’s always offensive.

Acting like someone who has developmental disabilities is the same sort of mean-spirited mockery.

The tweet was making fun of someone for faking, for cultural appropriation.

I’m not saying it’s not offensive, I’m just pointing out a key difference.
Just saying parody and racism aren't mutually exclusive.

Objectively if I knew about Kamalas speech in Detroit but not the author of the post, I would say it was racist.

However, I don't think jokes made about your own race are offensive even if they reinforce stereotypes. I make dot jokes all day around my family.

Reactions: fatman76
Not for nothing but the reason my bar for racism is generally very high is because when you read the virulent shit I read every day it's hard to get worked up over cultural appropriation.

Stop worrying about white people complaining about KDot getting the half time show and start worrying about the white people planning and training for RaHoWa.

😂 😂 😂

Sometimes I wonder if MTG is morphing into Little Lizzie Cheney.

cat-fight.gif

So no legitimate reason. Gotcha
I could be wrong, but wasn't it you that denied Harris was paying and bussing actors to attend her rallies? If not, my bad.

Also, Harris tried to claim during the debate everyone leaves the Trump rallies early due to boredom. No Kumswalla, they leave when there is an active shooter on the grounds. :mad:

Reactions: gatordad3
I could be wrong, but wasn't it you that denied Harris was paying and bussing actors to attend her rallies? If not, my bad.

Also, Harris tried to claim during the debate everyone leaves the Trump rallies early due to boredom. No Kumswalla, they leave when there is an active shooter on the grounds. :mad:
I don't recall ever defending Kamala.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT