ADVERTISEMENT

The program we knew and once loved is officially dead...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Muschamp, Mac, and Foley...they all destroyed it beyond life support...

Mullen may do well in the future...he may even win a title of some kind at some point...

But it is never coming back to what it was...

If you were lucky enough to be alive to see it at its height, count your lucky stars...we will never see it there again...

Boo hoo...

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/11/dooley-decreased-stadium-capacity-coming/

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/flo...-lowest-since-before-the-swamp-was-the-swamp/

Last edited:
AR-311059738.jpg

Unfortunately you are correct. It wasn’t that long ago that Nick Saban was complaining about the Bama fans. That alone speaks volumes.

Victim of success. Is it fun to watch your team just steamroll undermanned squads.

Unfortunately, Florida will be Georgia’s little brother until Kirby retires. Cousin Eddie will never win any type of championship.

If Kirby was so great, you wouldn’t be on here telling Gators fans that. Speaks volumes. Mullen’s first year Gator squad is superior to Kirby’s first year Bulldogs squad in every way. Kirby lost to McElwain for god’s sake.

The only question is how many points do we beat you by next year?

Let me remind you that UGA blew it against Alabama last year. Those kind of chances don't come around too often. Georgia is still not good enough to win championships of any kind - not since 1980!

At least when Florida was good enough, we won our share.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Smart move IMO. The days of attendance bragging are over.

Put in pro style chairs, make the concessions cheaper and offer more crap at them.

Make sure wi-fi is on fleek all the time.

I wish FSU would go to about 70k with every seat comfortable.

A full 70k stadium always looks better than a semi full 80k seat stadium.

Terrible showing by these UF students during their Homecoming!

Decrease the student section and make those seats available to the general public.

There are plenty of seats available to the general public.
Our attendance is very fickle right now, people are still waiting to be convinced the program is on it's way back. The LSU game was basically sold out, The Fla-Ga game in Jax was full. Our problem is not just our's, it's college football and just about every other sport.
One thing we need to do a.s.a.p. is get chair back seats in the stadium. That will do two things, reduce the capacity, and increase the fan experience/comfort. Will we ever return to "the good ole days"? Probably not, but we have to keep in mind that live-game attendance isn't just our problem.

I'm probably too old to be relevant on this topic, but it seems to me that colleges in places like Florida and California (you know, where there are lots of other things to do) are fighting an uphill battle trying to fill up their huge football stadiums. For most fans, getting to a game requires a serious effort and some serious money, plus it feels like the allure of football is beginning to fade with the growing evidence of life-altering injuries. It's hard to see what's going to change this trend.

Colleges and even NFL teams still don’t get it. Bet anything they’ll decrease seating and add more luxury boxes or club seats. That’s what most stadiums have been doing but the problem with that is those aren’t the diehard, rabid fans. For them the game is just a social event. They’ve basically squeezed the diehard fans out of stadiums and that’s one of the reasons attendance all over is decreasing. That and the fact these idiots keep increasing pricing as if you can’t get a cheaper, better experience somewhere else. Between tickets, parking, crazy expensive concessions, and maybe hotels you can easily spend a grand attending one game. And have to sit on hard ass seating in 90 degree weather to be around a bunch of drunk dummies. On the flip side you could stay on your couch and watch the same game on an HD TV in the comfort of AC for nothing. Not a hard choice to make.

I’m pretty sure assuming nobody goes pro and of course there are always a few that do regardless whether they should or not but UF will return 17 starters.

Colleges and even NFL teams still don’t get it. Bet anything they’ll decrease seating and add more luxury boxes or club seats. That’s what most stadiums have been doing but the problem with that is those aren’t the diehard, rabid fans. For them the game is just a social event. They’ve basically squeezed the diehard fans out of stadiums and that’s one of the reasons attendance all over is decreasing. That and the fact these idiots keep increasing pricing as if you can’t get a cheaper, better experience somewhere else. Between tickets, parking, crazy expensive concessions, and maybe hotels you can easily spend a grand attending one game. And have to sit on hard ass seating in 90 degree weather to be around a bunch of drunk dummies. On the flip side you could stay on your couch and watch the same game on an HD TV in the comfort of AC for nothing. Not a hard choice to make.

I live in North Jersey, and I wouldn't go to a Jets or Giants game for free. What I'm going to spend three hours getting in and out of parking lot to hang around with a bunch of drooling drunk reprobates and pay 12 bucks for a beer? Thank you, no. I meet people who have Jets season tickets and actually are paying off their $10,000 personal seat license (!) in monthly payments like a mortgage, and honestly they seem kind of pathetic to me. What suckers.

100% I'm out of Orlando and would I rather pay $$$ plus fight traffic/get a hotel - or watch on the 65" TV while smoking meat/BBQ for the afternoon with some buddies? Not even a question unless it's a LSU-type match up.

I live in North Jersey, and I wouldn't go to a Jets or Giants game for free. What I'm going to spend three hours getting in and out of parking lot to hang around with a bunch of drooling drunk reprobates and pay 12 bucks for a beer? Thank you, no. I meet people who have Jets season tickets and actually are paying off their $10,000 personal seat license (!) in monthly payments like a mortgage, and honestly they seem kind of pathetic to me. What suckers.

Exactly. If I go to a game depending on what time it is it’s probably the only game I’ll see that day. 2 hours in traffic before the game, a 3 hour game, and then another 2 hours in traffic after the game. And you get to pay hundreds of dollars for that experience. Hard pass. I can sit on my couch, watch 10 different games, and see it all on an HDTV and at most spend $100 on food if I really wanna pig out. Easy choice for me.

Muschamp, Mac, and Foley...they all destroyed it beyond life support...

Mullen may do well in the future...he may even win a title of some kind at some point...

But it is never coming back to what it was...

If you were lucky enough to be alive to see it at its height, count your lucky stars...we will never see it there again...

Boo hoo...

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/11/dooley-decreased-stadium-capacity-coming/

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/flo...-lowest-since-before-the-swamp-was-the-swamp/
Btw Sad, Muschamp was a plant. :D :cool: #Dawgspy

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT