ADVERTISEMENT

The North Carolina Republican Party Finally Supports Obamacare After A Decade

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
40 states have now adopted Obamacare's Medicaid expansion

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolinas-republican-legislature-overwhelmingly-151353746.html
North Carolina's Republican Legislature Overwhelmingly Approves Medicaid Expansion

7fzx6h.jpg

The North Carolina state House of Representatives on Thursday morning overwhelmingly approved an expansion of the state’s Medicaid program that would make health insurance available to roughly 600,000 additional low-income residents.

The 87-to-24 vote by the Republican-majority chamber comes a week after the state Senate, also under GOP control, voted for the bill by an even wider margin. Now it heads to Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat who has championed Medicaid expansion since first running for office in 2016.

North Carolina would be the 40th state, in addition to the District of Columbia, to expand Medicaid using authority and financing available through the Affordable Care Act.

That law’s architects had once hoped all states would take that step, pushing income eligibility limits to above the poverty line so that millions more nationally would qualify for the program. But a 2012 Supreme Court decision made it easier for states to refuse, and most states where Republican officials had sway over state government did just that, citing their opposition to so-called Obamacare.

In the years since, Medicaid expansion has come to more of those states, either through ballot initiatives or a change of heart by some of those Republican officials. That’s what happened in North Carolina, where key GOP leaders eventually endorsed the idea as good for the state economy and struggling rural hospitals, as well as helpful to working people without access to affordable coverage.

I watched Robert Mugabe destroy Africa's crown jewel health care system in the early eighties. We still have elections.

Like your doctor, keep your doctor. Like your health care plan, keep your health care plan. I lost both. Now I have Mugabecare Lite. The ultra left wing communist rag Washington Post awarded 4 Pinnochios for these blatant lies to a Democrat.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-obamacare-law-comes-back-164500668.html
Anti-Obamacare Law Comes Back to Bite Republicans on Abortion
Susan Rinkunas
Mon, March 27, 2023 at 12:45 PM EDT·3 min read

7gom3o.jpg

When a Wyoming judge temporarily blocked an abortion ban last week, she did so on karmically beautiful legal grounds: Republicans hated Obamacare so much that they amended the state constitution more than a decade ago to enshrine the right to make health care decisions.

Earlier this month, lawmakers in Wyoming passed a ban on abortion “at all stages of pregnancy except in cases of rape or incest that’s reported to police, or to save a woman’s life,” as well as a separate ban on medication abortion. They also threw into the text that they don’t believe abortion is health care, per the Associated Press and the Casper Star Tribune.

During a hearing, Teton County District Court Judge Melissa Owens pointed out the fatal flaw in the state lawmakers’ argument: “An abortion can only be performed by a licensed medical professional, so what authority does the legislature have to declare that abortion is not health care?” she asked. Owens made the same case about medication abortion: “How is a doctor actually prescribing those pills not health care?”

Last edited:
In the early eighties I watched Robert Mugabe destroy Africa's crown jewel health care system.

Like your doctor. Keep your doctor. Like your health care plan. Keep your health care plan. I was promised I could keep both. I lost both. Now I have Mugabecare Lite. The ultra left wing communist rag WaPost awarded 4 Pinochios for these lies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT