ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving coldest on record in the NEast

Reactions: nail1988
Wow. Cold spells in the winter. Who knew.

You are sure showing that IQ there.

As opposed to you posting 'doomsday' articles of glaciers melting in the summer back in July? Hell I even pointed out then that come winter someone would post about record cold and you would claim it didn't matter, and here we are.
tenor.gif

The EIA’s inventory report showed a 137bcf draw from storage, slightly bullish vs. consensus of 130 (TPHe 133) but bearish vs. norms of 155bcf; inventories now sit at a 9% surplus to the 5-year average.

LOL! @BSC911 is the Joe Biden of posters.

"Look, you dog-faced pony solider, don't talk to ME about math's simplest equation! I'll take you out back right now and draw up 1+1=2 in the dirt! In your FACE!"

The Warmists told us Trump would accelerate our burning down the planet.
When you have to resort to hyperbole, it shows how weak your argument is. No one says “the planet will burn down.” What they have concluded is that it will lead to

1. More severe droughts, and therefore worsening effects of fires, and
2. More flooding events.

Both of these have proven to be true.

When you have to resort to hyperbole, it shows how weak your argument is. No one says “the planet will burn down.” What they have concluded is that it will lead to

1. More severe droughts, and therefore worsening effects of fires, and

Another example of how the warmists are destroying the environment. Can't clear out dead trees, have to leave them alone, the dead trees are then accelerant for fires and they become massive.

Another media source for the news items Ghost posted earlier:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...rbon-dioxide-emissions-lowered-in-2019-report

From the article:

The International Energy Agency (IEA) found that the U.S. decline was the largest, at 140 million tonnes, of any country. It also noted that since 2000, U.S. emissions have decreased nearly one gigatonne. [Thanks to America's oil and gas industry.]

Of course Greta Thornburg and her handlers prefer to badger the U.S. for not being part of the Paris agreement. I'd like to see her take her roadshow to Beijing and New Dehli; places where there is real opportunity for CO2 reductions.
This is hilarious. So the reduction is due to a 15% reduction in coal emissions, which was the result of Obama’s stricter regulations over coal plants, and increased use of renewable energy. This is directly due to taking climate change seriously, which Deniers claim doesn’t exist.

It seems this just reinforces the need for additional movement away from fossil fuels. Sometimes I think you guys don’t even realize what you are arguing.

PS. Both China and India are moving away from coal and have detailed plans to reduce their carbon emissions as well.

This is hilarious. So the reduction is due to a 15% reduction in coal emissions, which was the result of Obama’s stricter regulations over coal plants, and increased use of renewable energy. This is directly due to taking climate change seriously, which Deniers claim doesn’t exist.

"It also noted that since 2000, U.S. emissions have decreased nearly one gigatonne."

As I said, you are the Joe Biden of posters. You kick your own ass before anyone else has a chance to.

The U.S. is doing its part without unilateral economic disarmament called for by the Paris agreement. The point I was trying to make is an economic one, not a political one, but I can go there if need be.

Ask @BSC911 to tell you if the other countries that pushed for the Paris Climate accord are living up to agreement that they claimed was needed to save the climate and the world?

Hint: They aren't. Sheep hoodwinked once again.

I think you better get in touch with Xi Jinping and tell him to stop building all those coal-fired power plants....

https://www.wired.com/story/china-is-still-building-an-insane-number-of-new-coal-plants/

I don't think India will be reducing CO2 emissions anytime soon, unless they are deploying Carbon Capture technology I haven't heard about:

http://news.trust.org/item/20190731133649-zkxm6/
[India expects coal-fired power capacity to grow 22% in 3 years]

These links go back to 2019, so if you have something recent to correct the record, please do.

My understanding is that Obama's Clean Power Plan (just one of many of Obama's unconstitutional power grabs) is under a stay by the courts and/or not being enforced by the Trump administration.

What I was referring to is the U.S. shale gas revolution that has disrupted energy markets around the world. Unfortunately from one economic perspective it's putting coal miners out of work. I live in an area with a lot of coal mines, and there have been at least 4-5 mine closures in the past year. On the plus side it's given the U.S. a tremendous structural advantage in terms of low energy cost, to say nothing of the Greenhouse Gas emissions reductions.

The U.S. is doing its part without unilateral economic disarmament called for by the Paris agreement. The point I was trying to make is an economic one, not a political one, but I can go there if need be.
But Trump said he was going to save the coal industry.

I cant link now about China but will later. The coal plants they are building are not in China if i recall.

We're headed for a Maunder minimum is gaining momentum among scientists. Some scientists say we're not headed for a Solar minimum.

Sunny,

remember the great blizzard of 1978 when the warmers claimed cooling the next year?

Sunny, remember 10 short years later Algae gore started his doomsday clock for warming and Ted Danson was building a arch?

here is a few pics I ran across from state run CBS

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-blizzard-of-1978/

What if some NASA scientists are proved to be correct. What if we get a revisit by the Maunder minimum?

What will the Warmists do? What will the Washington Post, NY Times and LA Times do? Oh horrors!

Scientists just said we are headed toward a 50-year period where the earth's temp will drop by a degree, more than erasing the gains that warmists claim the earth's temp has made due to man-made climate change hoax.

This should be cause for celebration among warmists, instead they refuse to even acknowledge. Warmists aren't trying to save the planet, they are trying to give their life meaning and purpose.

I think you better get in touch with Xi Jinping and tell him to stop building all those coal-fired power plants....

https://www.wired.com/story/china-is-still-building-an-insane-number-of-new-coal-plants/

I don't think India will be reducing CO2 emissions anytime soon, unless they are deploying Carbon Capture technology I haven't heard about:

http://news.trust.org/item/20190731133649-zkxm6/
[India expects coal-fired power capacity to grow 22% in 3 years]

These links go back to 2019, so if you have something recent to correct the record, please do.

My understanding is that Obama's Clean Power Plan (just one of many of Obama's unconstitutional power grabs) is under a stay by the courts and/or not being enforced by the Trump administration.

What I was referring to is the U.S. shale gas revolution that has disrupted energy markets around the world. Unfortunately from one economic perspective it's putting coal miners out of work. I live in an area with a lot of coal mines, and there have been at least 4-5 mine closures in the past year. On the plus side it's given the U.S. a tremendous structural advantage in terms of low energy cost, to say nothing of the Greenhouse Gas emissions reductions.

China has invested more than any other country in renewable energy – committing US$758 billion between 2010 and the first half of 2019

Here you go.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...et-its-climate-change-goals-nine-years-early/

China appears on track to reach its carbon goals up to nine years earlier than planned under the Paris agreement, in a potential huge boost for efforts to tackle climate change.

The world’s biggest polluter accounts for a quarter of humanity’s emissions today, making the nation a crucial part of any efforts to avoid dangerous global warming.

inarticle-Close-Btn.png

Now an analysis has found that China’s emissions could peak at 13 to 16 gigatonnes of CO2 between 2021 and 2025, making what the researchers call a “a great contribution” to meeting the Paris deal’s goal of limiting temperature rises to 2°C. The official target is a peak by “around 2030.”

“It reflects China’s great efforts in mitigating climate change and the ‘new normal’ of the economy, from high speed to high quality, which might cause CO2 emissions to peak earlier,” says Haikun Wang of Nanjing University. His Chinese-US team calculated their dates by looking at historical carbon emissions and GDP data for 50 Chinese cities between 2000 and 2016. They found that emissions tend to peak at 10.2 tonnes of CO2 per person when GDP hits around $21,000 per person.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-change-goals-nine-years-early/#ixzz6DrbDEyt5

"China appears on track..."

"in a potential huge boost..."

"Now an analysis has found..."

"making what the researchers call..."

See how easy it is to hoodwink the sheep?

Here's the only fact in that entire wall of text: "The world’s biggest polluter"

Reactions: nail1988
Thanks for sharing. I hope they meet these targets. I work in the hydrocarbon industry, but I'm an all-of-the-above kind of guy. Pie in the sky aspirational goals of 100% renewables makes some people warm and fuzzy but it's not realistic.
As do I. We’re on the same page here. We need to take consistent, gradual steps to reduce our carbon footprint. These draconian measures like the GND are unrealistic. On the other side of the coin are the Deniers who claim it’s all a hoax and keep spouting long discredited excuses.

I believe there is a reasonable middle ground that most people can live with.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT