ADVERTISEMENT

Texas school shooting...

There are way more than enough gun laws on the books already.

Any politician, at any level -local-state-national-, that proposes or votes in favor of any new Gun Laws, will forfeit my $$$ support and Vote forever.

No forgiveness for that traitorous act,,, EVER!

Reactions: Gator Fever

Surveillance footage showed that neither Arredondo nor any other officers taking cover in the hallway outside the classrooms ever attempted to open the door before receiving the keys to the two connecting classrooms. That means there were 77 minutes between when the alleged 18-year-old gunman entered the school through an unlocked door and when police fatally shot him, a source with knowledge of the investigation told ABC News.

The San Antonio Express News was the first to report on Saturday that Arredondo and his team allegedly never check the classroom doors to determine if they were unlocked.

The sources confirmed to ABC News that investigators now believe the alleged gunman, Salvador Ramos, could not have locked the doors to the classrooms from inside as officials first suspected. In the surveillance footage, the sources said, it appears Ramos, 18, was able to open the door to classroom 111 from the outside, the source said. That classroom is connected to the adjacent classroom 112 by a short corridor where a restroom is located, officials have previously said.
---------------------------

Unbelievable...

And ugly combination of police incompetence and cowardice imo....

If he was holed up alone in a room by himself, then their own safety would be the #1 item, time to wait him out. But while innocent children are being murdered, none of them should have even been thinking about their own safety or waiting for orders on what to do coming down from the chain of command.

Top to bottom, they all need to be fired at the least, and never allowed a position in law enforcement again, at any level above the dog pound, and even there.....
😡

And ugly combination of police incompetence and cowardice imo....

If he was holed up alone in a room by himself, then their own safety would be the #1 item, time to wait him out. But while innocent children are being murdered, none of them should have even been thinking about their own safety or waiting for orders on what to do coming down from the chain of command.

Top to bottom, they all need to be fired at the least, and never allowed a position in law enforcement again, at any level above the dog pound, and even there.....
😡

Yep this is turning out to be worse than Parkland with the response. With what is looking like was probably even an unlocked door now.

That schools police chief is a piece of work but it's still crazy how all those other cops didn't go and take the shooter out like the training calls for in a school shooting. Even the fed that finally said we are going in was on scene for like 25 minutes before that supposedly so he screwed up big time also. Crazy that town hasn't rioted yet with that chief still being in place and on the city council on top of that.

Local cops demonstrated attitude. (watch what I do, not what I say)
I'm not shot and I'm still getting my paycheck, so it's all good with me...

If the people in that community are not any smarter or braver than to let this go on, then 'sad to say' they deserve what they got and what they are getting....

Reactions: nail1988
Another BLUE geographical area...with little sissy "men"
When you constantly microscope every little thing a Cop does and makes them out to be a criminal (even when they are apprehending criminals/thugs). This is the result, a Cop afraid to do anything in a crisis. Instead of defunding and constantly criticizing police at every corner, perhaps we should encourage them to act without scrutiny.

Make no mistake, I am sickened by the video that shows these Cops in the Bldg hours before taking out this maniac. He should have been shot upon entering the school. There was ample time to get a shot at him. But, some idiot chief probably told them to not shoot.

When you constantly microscope every little thing a Cop does and makes them out to be a criminal (even when they are apprehending criminals/thugs). This is the result, a Cop afraid to do anything in a crisis. Instead of defunding and constantly criticizing police at every corner, perhaps we should encourage them to act without scrutiny.

Make no mistake, I am sickened by the video that shows these Cops in the Bldg hours before taking out this maniac. He should have been shot upon entering the school. There was ample time to get a shot at him. But, some idiot chief probably told them to not shoot.
I was raised to blindly trust, and believe the police wer ealways right. Unfortunately...this is not true. I am not going to try to pretend that I know what their course of action SHOULD have been...but kids died because they waited outside.

I was raised to blindly trust, and believe the police wer ealways right. Unfortunately...this is not true. I am not going to try to pretend that I know what their course of action SHOULD have been...but kids died because they waited outside.
Yes...their whole protocol was terribly implemented and not one person said screw protocol, I'm taking that bastard out. Sometimes you gotta say the hell with the rules and go rogue to get a menace. I have on several occasions (in my LE career) because I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I'm not your Huckle-Bearer.

Yes...their whole protocol was terribly implemented and not one person said screw protocol, I'm taking that bastard out. Sometimes you gotta say the hell with the rules and go rogue to get a menace. I have on several occasions (in my LE career) because I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I'm not your Huckle-Bearer.
If I had a kid in there...they would have had to taze me. And as soon as I woke up, I would have tried again. Someone needs to be held accountable...criminally.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

That schools police chief is a piece of work but it's still crazy how all those other cops didn't go and take the shooter out like the training calls for in a school shooting. Even the fed that finally said we are going in was on scene for like 25 minutes before that supposedly so he screwed up big time also. Crazy that town hasn't rioted yet with that chief still being in place and on the city council on top of that.

The body armor doesn't matter. It wouldn't have helped anyway.

Body armor or not, you go in. Immediately.

No excuse imo when kids are being mowed down especially after Parkland. I can see it affecting a lot of other things though. The school chief was just disgraceful and the other cops on the scene should have ignored him knowing there are shots still being fired. Makes me wonder what kind of joke force they have in that city when a few off the record were still trying to defend that coward before the video showed what actually happened.

No excuse imo when kids are being mowed down especially after Parkland. I can see it affecting a lot of other things though. The school chief was just disgraceful and the other cops on the scene should have ignored him knowing there are shots still being fired. Makes me wonder what kind of joke force they have in that city when a few off the record were still trying to defend that coward before the video showed what actually happened.
Of course it's unacceptable but this is what you get when libs are in control of the police force.

I'd be interested to know what shows up in the kitty in the precinct's weekly poker nights.;)
Anecdotal story:

I was passed out on a friend's couch after a long night of drinking. Police raided the apartment. Turns out my friend's roommate, who I don't know, was dealing coke. I got arrested and released, but they kept my gun. Still can't get it back, even though I proved in court that it's mine.

Absolutely not. They already have qualified immunity and abuse civil asset forfeiture laws. They should be subject to MORE scrutiny, not less.
I'm not referring to these particular policeman, I'm talking about the national movement to make policing completely observe and report. What these policeman did was totally unacceptable and disgraceful. I think they should be charged with abetting the murders.

Absolutely not. They already have qualified immunity and abuse civil asset forfeiture laws. They should be subject to MORE scrutiny, not less.

With all due respect, that's horsepoo. Qualified immunity, unlike absolute immunity that judges, DA's and a few other politician types get, merely makes one immune if their actions fall under "the color of law."

So if you do something that doesn't fall directly under your duties, or if it can be spun that way, your immunity is disqualified and you're F'd.

The point is, and I'm not saying it's wrong, but cops aren't immune to crap if we do stuff that we shouldn't.

You can't sue me for making a lawful arrest simply because you want to. You can sue me if I make an unlawful arrest.

I can't be arrested for a justified shooting. I can be arrested for an unjustified shooting.

In this case, the word "qualified" is a limiting descriptor.. it doesn't mean I've qualified for special immunity. Before Qualified Immunity became a thing, people were suing cops for things like losing their jobs because they got arrested despite the fact that their arrests were legitimate.

Do away with qualified immunity and you will no longer have law enforcement officers.

With all due respect, that's horsepoo. Qualified immunity, unlike absolute immunity that judges, DA's and a few other politician types get, merely makes one immune if their actions fall under "the color of law."

So if you do something that doesn't fall directly under your duties, or if it can be spun that way, your immunity is disqualified and you're F'd.

The point is, and I'm not saying it's wrong, but cops aren't immune to crap if we do stuff that we shouldn't.

You can't sue me for making a lawful arrest simply because you want to. You can sue me if I make an unlawful arrest.

I can't be arrested for a justified shooting. I can be arrested for an unjustified shooting.

In this case, the word "qualified" is a limiting descriptor.. it doesn't mean I've qualified for special immunity. Before Qualified Immunity became a thing, people were suing cops for things like losing their jobs because they got arrested despite the fact that their arrests were legitimate.

Do away with qualified immunity and you will no longer have law enforcement officers.
I can't be certain because I've been out of the community for a minute, but I believe the language reads "believes to be within scope. "

But that's sort of like saying if a reasonable person believes they are in custody, then they are under arrest and we both know that isn't true.

Civil asset forfeiture is still bullshit though.

Last edited:
I can't be certain because I've been out of the community for a minute, but I believe the language reads "believes to be within scope. "

But that's sort of like saying if a reasonable person believes they are in custody, then they are under arrest and we both know that isn't true.

Civil asset forfeiture is still bullshit though.

"Reasonably believes to be within scope."

So, as in your example above (not referring to your gun), if I get a warrant and I raid a home where drugs are being sold and you are there, asleep on the couch, arresting you as well is reasonably within my scope...even if it is latter determined that you were innocent and uninvolved.

However, if you lived in the apartment next door and I just decided to arrest his/her neighbors because "they probably knew," that's not reasonably within scope and I am screwed.

But again, the purpose of qualified immunity is to protect me as a LEO doing my job responsibly even if I make a reasonable mistake like arresting you on that couch.

You should get your gun back btw if you can prove that it was yours and that it was in your possession. If you can't, you can get relief through the courts.

Reactions: EvilWayz

So, as in your example above (not referring to your gun), if I get a warrant and I raid a home where drugs are being sold and you are there, asleep on the couch, arresting you as well is reasonably within my scope...even if it is latter determined that you were innocent and uninvolved.

However, if you lived in the apartment next door and I just decided to arrest his/her neighbors because "they probably knew," that's not reasonably within scope and I am screwed.

But again, the purpose of qualified immunity is to protect me as a LEO doing my job responsibly even if I make a reasonable mistake like arresting you on that couch.

You should get your gun back btw if you can prove that it was yours and that it was in your possession. If you can't, you can get relief through the courts.
I see why they have that but it does let a lot of cops abuse their position. I would say the biggest thing is the illegal stops they pull late at night DUI and drug fishing. Used to watch some of those hearings and they would claim weaving etc and BS like that and then the video was played and they were driving just fine.

Reactions: EvilWayz

I had been drinking, the gun was on the coffee table next to my wallet. The sergeant told me with a straight face that even though I was the only person in the living room, it could have been his weapon and 'I was just covering for him."

DA told me he wasn't giving back until a judge said he had too. As far as I know it was sold in auction.

I had been drinking, the gun was on the coffee table next to my wallet. The sergeant told me with a straight face that even though I was the only person in the living room, it could have been his weapon and 'I was just covering for him."

DA told me he wasn't giving back until a judge said he had too. As far as I know it was sold in auction.
That's satanically evil. ;)

Sounds like a situation where getting paid back for it would cost more in legal fees. A messed up situation. The state of LA used to do that all the time with cars they would confiscate making up mess about they think they were used for drug dealing even when no drugs were found. They got to keep the money and to get your car back was more expensive than just letting them get away with it.

Sounds like a situation where getting paid back for it would cost more in legal fees. A messed up situation. LA used to do that all the time with cars they would confiscate making up mess about they think they were used for drug dealing even when no drugs were found. They got to keep the money and to get your car back was more expensive than just letting them get away with it.
And that sir, is why civil asset forfeiture is high horsef*ckery.

I see why they have that but it does let a lot of cops abuse their position. I would say the biggest thing is the illegal stops they pull late at night DUI and drug fishing. Used to watch some of those hearings and they would claim weaving etc and BS like that and then the video was played and they were driving just fine.

But it actually doesn't.

A cop can lie on the stand and the judge or defense lawyer may allow him to get away with it, but that has nothing to do with qualified immunity.

If I break the law and there's no reasonable explanation for how my actions were reasonable under the color of law, I'm screwed. For example, lying on the witness stand...not covered.

Imagine I pull a person over for weaving. This person appears drunk and then they fail/refuse a field sobriety test so I arrest them for DUI. It's latter determined that the person had diabetes and their blood sugar was out of control. In this situation qualified immunity covers me.

Without qualified immunity, I could be held liable both criminally and civilly. That would be unreasonable imho.

We have to make snap judgment calls in the moment based on the information available to us. Without qualified immunity, we cannot do that. No one would be able to.

Qualified immunity doesn't help a bad cop be bad. It helps a good cop if he makes a reasonable mistake. Literally that's all it can do. If it's ever doing more, the blame lies with the judge or local prosecutor....who both have UNQUALIFIED (see absolute) immunity ftr....which means they cannot be held to account for their actions regardless of intent.

And that sir, is why civil asset forfeiture is high horsef*ckery.

The burden of proof just needs to be switched imo. I have no problem with civil asset forfeiture but the state needs to prove that ______ was being used to commit ________.

That's easily done in legitimate cases.

Reactions: BCSpell
The burden of proof just needs to be switched imo. I have no problem with civil asset forfeiture but the state needs to prove that ______ was being used to commit ________.

That's easily done in legitimate cases.
I understand the purpose of civil asset forfeiture, drug dealers assets are almost entirely liquid, and being able to seize their cars, homes, etc hits them where it hurts.

But that's not what happens anymore, like my gun, or my buddy who gave his grandson a home after his parents kicked him out, only to have his home seized when the little shit started dealing meth.

Both stories are extreme and anecdotal, but the fact that either could and did happen highlights the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT