ADVERTISEMENT

Texas school shooting...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Does anyone have most of the story yet? Did he drive to the school while being chased for killing his grandmother or was he already at the school when the first cops arrived? I would think he was already at the school but the reports are not clearing up what happened exactly at this point.

Vultures 3,...2,...1
150417-schumer-editorial.jpg
Nancy-Pelosi-pic.jpg

Does anyone have most of the story yet? Did he drive to the school while being chased for killing his grandmother or was he already at the school when the first cops arrived? I would think he was already at the school but the reports are not clearing up what happened exactly at this point.
He was at the school before trying to flee the scene, he then was killed by authorities.

Reactions: Gator Fever
He was at the school before trying to flee the scene, he then was killed by authorities.
Ok I was just curious because usually it isn't the feds first on scene or there with the locals real fast.

I wonder if this was one of those schools in TX where multiple teachers carry but being an elementary school they might not have many candidates for that. Curious what the access was and if they had a security person or not.

Ok I was just curious because usually it isn't the feds first on scene or there with the locals real fast.

I wonder if this was one of those schools in TX where multiple teachers carry but being an elementary school they might not have many candidates for that. Curious what the access was and if they had a security person or not.
Yeah, I don't think they were allowed to carry in elementary schools (which is insane after Sandy Hook).

Well, Jesus' covenant is quite simple but it is so difficult to follow for many people. Mosaic Laws are violated because rationalizing bad behavior is all the rage these days.
That ain't what I'm saying. I understand that "If you aren't with Jesus, you're against him. " I also know that accepting the Christ as your saviour is a personal choice. Rejection of Christianity is not a de facto embrace of the Prince of Darkness.

That ain't what I'm saying. I understand that "If you aren't with Jesus, you're against him. " I also know that accepting the Christ as your saviour is a personal choice. Rejection of Christianity is not a de facto embrace of the Prince of Darkness.
There will be a day when every knee will bend for the King of Kings.

Godspeed with that, Sir.
You went to seminary, I imagine you studied the Logical Problem of Evil, as expressed in this quote by Epicurus:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then He is not omnipotent.Is He able, but not willing?
Then He is malevolent.
Is He both willing and able?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is He neither willing nor able?
Then why call Him God? "

• Wow
Reactions: instaGATOR
You went to seminary, I imagine you studied the Logical Problem of Evil, as expressed in this quote by Epicurus:

Then He is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call Him God? "

That would be too boring.

We have another issue at work here too. School Resource Officers. It's a great idea, but...

In most states, these guys are actual cops. Unfortunately they are cops who have usually been put out to pasture due to age, physical fitness, injury...and sometimes, sadly, general cowardice though I believe that last one is more rare.

OTOH, you're never going to get a go-getter to do this job. It's incredibly boring so a guy who is squared away isn't going to take the gig.

Then He is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call Him God? "
All I know is we are flawed and God is flawless. We constantly err and make terrible decisions because we have the free will to make those choices. If God made us perfect then there would be no telling who had true faith in his word.

Then He is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call Him God? "

Free will. Some may say that flirts with malevolence but I see it differently. How does one love God if they aren't free to reject Him or embrace Him of their own volition?

All I know is we are flawed and God is flawless. We constantly err and make terrible decisions because we have the free will to make those choices. If God made us perfect then there would be no telling who had true faith in his word.
Well I get that, if you had proof you wouldn't need faith, and faith is kind of the point.

I've read several articles by Christian apologists on the subject matter, and if you would care to expound on it, I'd be interested in your take.

We have another issue at work here too. School Resource Officers. It's a great idea, but...

In most states, these guys are actual cops. Unfortunately they are cops who have usually been put out to pasture due to age, physical fitness, injury...and sometimes, sadly, general cowardice though I believe that last one is more rare.

OTOH, you're never going to get a go-getter to do this job. It's incredibly boring so a guy who is squared away isn't going to take the gig.

Our sheriff was pretty good at rotating younger guys in at the high school at least. Not sure the other schools.

When stuff like this happens, a person this young does something this heinous, I don’t blame the kid as much as the parents.

No one is in this kids life giving him guidance or real love.
No doubt whatsoever. What has Candice Owens preached to us about the degradation of the nuclear family and which wretched party has perpetuated this problem. Most of you know this, it's just a rhetorical question.

Well I get that, if you had proof you wouldn't need faith, and faith is kind of the point.

I've read several articles by Christian apologists on the subject matter, and if you would care to expound on it, I'd be interested in your take.
I'm a different opinion on theology than most. I don't need deacons, elders, denominations, or the Pope to endorse my authority to be a fisher of men. I seek no approval from fellow sinners. Only the words from my Lord and savior. Whatever man has to say, if it didn't come from the mouth of Jesus it is from wolves wearing sheep's clothing.
I am merely a sinner no better than anyone else, but I have been forgiven of my trespasses and promised salvation through the blood sacrifice of Jesus. That is simply the Church he built in 3 days. Many feel just believing is enough and true enough that Jesus saved a man on the cross, but for those of us that realize his teaching, we must trust and obey.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Our sheriff was pretty good at rotating younger guys in at the high school at least. Not sure the other schools.

Making it a requirement and rotating people in and out is a good idea. The schools and school boards will hate it though.

And here the school boards pay the salary.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I've been meaning to ask you, WTF is that? It's tiny. Looks like a cross between a badger and a buffalo.:p
It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before I was "openly Satanic" I wore it on my second chance vest. Before they got tacticool, it was a common way of identifying yourself without attracting the attention of the brass or a well meaning chaplain.

Reactions: instaGATOR

That guy at the school in Parkland didn’t do jack squat…. sadly….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT