ADVERTISEMENT

TCU is not even going to come close to beating UGA…

Ppl are arguing two different points IMO. One side is saying that the best-talented team with the most upside, regardless of losses should have been in the playoffs. The other side is saying the most deserving team, given how the selection process is set up should have been in the playoffs.

I agree with the second idea - you can't use the outcome of a game to go back and then determine who should have been in the playoffs. That's just 20-20 hindsight and faulty reasoning I think.

When the top 4 were announced I was pretty good with those 4 getting in at the time. But that's just me.

Yep it would be like letting a team in besides their results just because of their recruit rankings because maybe for that one game they will be good or something. TCU proved they weren't a fluke when they beat Michigan and many national championship games have been blowouts including 3 of the 4 the Gators played in.

Has nothing to do with a religious "in name" school. It's about trying to beat the parity drum when everyone on this forum and the entire planet knew UGA was going to boat race TCU prior to the game. Alabama's defense was the worst it's been in two decades but their offense could put up big numbers on the scoreboard against anybody. When USCw bit the dust in their final regular season game I thought surely Bama was the best team left on the board outside looking in. I think in hindsight that is plainly obvious.
Maybe Bama shouldn’t have lost those games that actually counted…

Or the committee could have just done the “woke” thing and gave them a participation pass as Navi would have perferred…

Hmmmm…wait a minute…

Last edited:
Maybe Bama shouldn’t have lost those games that actually counted…
Have you peeked at TCU's schedule? A literal cat with nine lives even at that. Their only "signature" win was Oklahoma who was even more pathetic than UF this year, and then a beatdown of Michigan. When you had two teams in the playoffs that didn't even win their conference championship, that's a red herring.

Have you peeked at TCU's schedule? A literal cat with nine lives even at that. Their only "signature" win was Oklahoma who was even more pathetic than UF this year, and then a beatdown of Michigan. When you had two teams in the playoffs that didn't even win their conference championship, that's a red herring.
Fortunately, with playoff expansion soon to come, nobody will have to cry about Bama being excluded…

Bama was very fortunate to win the Texas, Texas AM and Ole Miss games. Nobody was sweating the tide last year. Vols would've been a better matchup in the playoffs as they had the receivers to challenge dawgs. Bama lost to the two best teams on their schedule, so they were out and rightfully so.

Their wins resume was better than Bama's and without an LSU loss.

Yep it would be like letting a team in besides their results just because of their recruit rankings because maybe for that one game they will be good or something. TCU proved they weren't a fluke when they beat Michigan and many national championship games have been blowouts including 3 of the 4 the Gators played in.
This^^^

Reactions: Gator Fever
Not only that but some different teams other than the same old five or six.
Agree, but the sports world is mimicking our country in that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and those in the middle are being squeezed out.

The NFL may be one exception since the salary cap.
So now we have an NIL cap/gap. The more things change, the more things remain the same, except now CFB mirrors the No Fun League more and more each year. Instead of good ole $100 bill handshakes after the game, here we are. It's the sign of the times, and it's not a good look.

Last edited:
So now we have an NIL cap/gap. The more things change, the more things remain the same, except now CFB mirrors the No Fun League more and more each year. Instead of good ole $100 bill handshakes after the game, here we are. It's the sign of the times, and it's not a good look.
That's part of it.

For me - college is worse than the NFL because you can literally be an all-sec LB at Tenn and then start at AL the next season, which happened.

I'd like the NCAA to at least make kids sit a year if transferring, outside of 5th year graduates.

That's part of it.

For me - college is worse than the NFL because you can literally be an all-sec LB at Tenn and then start at AL the next season, which happened.

I'd like the NCAA to at least make kids sit a year if transferring, outside of 5th year graduates.
There's absolutely no incentive for loyalty for the one who brung ya to the dance.:(

Has nothing to do with a religious "in name" school. It's about trying to beat the parity drum when everyone on this forum and the entire planet knew UGA was going to boat race TCU prior to the game. Alabama's defense was the worst it's been in two decades but their offense could put up big numbers on the scoreboard against anybody. When USCw bit the dust in their final regular season game I thought surely Bama was the best team left on the board outside looking in. I think in hindsight that is plainly obvious.
So it's "woke" to give the team that did the work and deserved to be there. What your plan sounds like is affirmative action. Don't give the spot to the team that deserved it but give it to one just for the hell of it. Because they "might" entertain us better.

With your route, Bama should get passed by UT(hurts to admit that) because UT beat Bama H2H. Sure , UT lost to SCar but Bama lost to LSU...whom UT beat.

Agree, but the sports world is mimicking our country in that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and those in the middle are being squeezed out.
Technically you are saying the rich get richer and everybody else gets poorer.

Note that I am not disagreeing with you.

Reactions: ocalaman
Technically you are saying the rich get richer and everybody else gets poorer.

Note that I am not disagreeing with you.
Seems like an odd arrest; however, dumbass move on Stetson with the draft coming soon. He may have cost himself some $$$.
Cops must have been Horned Frogs lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT