ADVERTISEMENT

TCU is not even going to come close to beating UGA…

TCU beat Michigan who handled OSU easily and OSU was 50/50 to beat Georgia on a last second long FG....:)

OSU offense is the one thing that could challenge UGA. UGA would boat race Michigan. Its match ups

OSU is also the only non-SEC team athletic enough to play with uGA

Reactions: fsu939913
OSU offense is the one thing that could challenge UGA. UGA would boat race Michigan. Its match ups

OSU is also the only non-SEC team athletic enough to play with uGA

I think its more than that though. A team like TCU will usually only pull it off for one game not 2 in a row. They would have lost to Michigan easily playing like they are tonight.

Bama who beat no one good and was handled by a sub-par LSU team?
Cousin Eddie's defense under 3'rd and Grantham kept us out of a playoff game in 2020 with Trask at QB. Like the Alamo, never forget "The Shoe". :rolleyes:

Bama was 10-2 against SEC teams. You really want to argue this point, at this juncture? 😂
Bama's issues were in their secondary, not moving the football against Power 5 teams. UGA's secondary is suspect against passing football teams as well. TCU is simply outclassed at almost every position.

Cousin Eddie's defense under 3'rd and Grantham kept us out of a playoff game in 2020 with Trask at QB. Like the Alamo, never forget "The Shoe". :rolleyes:

Bama was 10-2 against SEC teams. You really want to argue this point, at this juncture? 😂
Bama's issues were in their secondary, not moving the football against Power 5 teams. UGA's secondary is suspect against passing football teams as well. TCU is simply outclassed at almost every position.

I will argue against Bama getting in. They had the weakest argument of all the teams considered. TCU can argue they proved they belonged just by their Michigan win. Blowouts happen as our 1995 and 1996 Championship games show and that was with the very likely 2 best teams in the country.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I will argue against Bama getting in. They had the weakest argument of all the teams considered. TCU can argue they proved they belonged just by their Michigan win. Blowouts happen as our 1995 and 1996 Championship games show and that was with the very likely 2 best teams in the country.
But but but, they don't get to argue about a Michigan win if they don't get into the playoff. Maybe Michigan was a mirage as well? It's about matchups and we all know that. I dare say that either Saban is laughing or pissed off as hell tonight.

But but but, they don't get to argue about a Michigan win if they don't get into the playoff. Maybe Michigan was a mirage as well? It's about matchups and we all know that. I dare say that either Saban is laughing or pissed off as hell tonight.

Then you could argue no one belonged but Georgia this year with how everyone else's games went - but even Georgia had to win on a missed FG to a team that was handled by the team TCU beat in the playoff..

Michigan was absolutely a mirage. Ohio State gifted them that game.

Thank you Paco

All these Michigan fans don’t get it

I keep telling them you can’t recruit the 18th ranked class and beat teams that are top 3 every year

Like you said, not rocket science
Yep you aren’t winning championships recruiting like that. It’s still the Jessie’s and Joe’s.

Guess what the most talented teams are still going to win a 12 team playoff as well. Sure you may get an upset or two but a team like TCU isn’t going to rattle off a few wins in a row. They won’t be talented enough.

Did you watch it? OSU imploded several times in the red zone. Michigan hit a couple of home runs. Go back and have a look at it.
And the Little 10 is still the Little 10. Other than a couple of Urban Meyer's OSU teams that league is second fiddle to the SEC and always will be.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Hopefully the selection committee has a case of the butt rash after tonight. A match between UGA and Alabama would have been an epic one. This is what happens when you get woke, you go broke. 😂

Think Bama would get plowed by UGA as well. Not this bad but at least by 21. Bama wasn't any good. Best matchups were last week. Oh st is better than UGA imo because of matchups, UGA is better than tcu because of matchups but tcu beat Michigan who beat osu. This is the worst matchup for tcu

Reactions: Gator Fever
Oh and how soon does Harbaugh bail and go the NFL while the getting TFO is good? 😂

Think Bama would get plowed by UGA as well. Not this bad but at least by 21. Bama wasn't any good. Best matchups were last week. Oh st is better than UGA imo because of matchups, UGA is better than tcu because of matchups but tcu beat Michigan who beat osu. This is the worst matchup for tcu
It’s a bad matchup because 1 team is much much more talented the other. One team recruits top 5 year in and year out. The other team not even sure recruits in the top 20.

This game was always going to go like this.

This is embarrassing for college football and TCU. Every team in the SEC would of been more competitive than this.

A bunch of 3 stars aren’t going to beat a bunch of 4 and 5 stars when it really matters and it’s all on the line.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
This is embarrassing for college football and TCU. Every team in the SEC would of been more competitive than this.

A bunch of 3 stars aren’t going to beat a bunch of 4 and 5 stars when it really matters and it’s all on the line.

Georgia tech was more competitive.

I do agree its unlikely certain teams will win multiple playoff games.

I'm glad I went to sleep early and didn't watch a single second of this game. Time spent well. 😴

Having said that, unfortunately, I think UGA is just getting started.....just like Bama did about 12 years ago. More than just the recruiting, they have an A++ coaching and scouting staff.

We can focus of the NIL and what our team recruiting ranking is all day long, but it means nothing if we don't have the "engine inside the car". What's the old saying? Don't put the cart before the horse? Well, we still aren't sure if we have the right horse for the job yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913

Obviously the circumstances are totally different but UK played the Dawgs much closer.... we only lost 16-6.

But you are absolutely correct in this thread.... the talent gap between UGA and just about everybody else is wide and getting wider. We haven't beaten UGA since 2009 and I doubt we'll beat them again anytime soon.

Hopefully the selection committee has a case of the butt rash after tonight. A match between UGA and Alabama would have been an epic one. This is what happens when you get woke, you go broke. 😂
Any team in the top 5 would have played a better game than TCU it just goes to show how the level of competition drops off significantly after uga and the top tier SEC programs.

@LizardGrad89 has been telling me for 2 years that Bowers is nothing special and that he is just a slow WR playing TE.

67YQq2.jpg

ZCZCp2.jpg

ezVaz7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Ugly ugly game. Bama fans will now declare themselves national champs saying they were screwed out of their chance...
Which may have had a slight bit of validity had TCU not hung 51 points on Michigan. TCU earned their spot only to be decimated.

Using transitive football analysis, it's interesting that TCU beat a Michigan team that owned Ohio St who almost knocked off UGA. You just never know with football (except we all knew what UGA was going to do to TCU).

I didn't watch the game at the time it was played, but I saw segments of the second half. It really felt like UGA could have put 80+ if they wanted to.

Ugly ugly game. Bama fans will now declare themselves national champs saying they were screwed out of their chance...
How were ppl talking about Bama when TN beat them? I thought the regular season was supposed to mean something.

TN had the same record, won the head-to-head, and also didn't win their side of the conference.

Bama has some serious favoritism.

Unfortunately they have earned it. 😬
Not this year they didn't. Oh - we want to give Bama props for ish they did 4 years ago - got it. ya know -because judging a team this year and adding credit from years' back is really fair.

lmao - the same hypocrites that push Bama this year will twist all reasoning next year when the narrative shifts.

They didn't earn it, they shouldn't have been there - they were way overhyped and lost every meaningful game. But it's BAMA - put them in to lose another one this year!

Considering the talent Georgia has returning and with the #2 recruiting class, Georgia's schedule in 2023 almost guarantees them a return trip to the Final 4.

Its unreal how far we have fallen behind Georgia due to them having motivated big money people. If things don't change soon we will have a nice losing streak to FSU also probably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT