ADVERTISEMENT

TCU is not even going to come close to beating UGA…

Its unreal how far we have fallen behind Georgia due to them having motivated big money people. If things don't change soon we will have a nice losing streak to FSU also probably.
Agree. Billy Napier had a really good recruiting class this year, but not on par with Georgia & Alabama, who just keep piling up the 5 star players. On top of that Napier came into a situation where the football landscape has undergone massive changes with the transfer portal and NIL. The UF "Collective" doesn't appear to be offering up the type of incentives that other major programs are putting together and so we're falling behind in that area as well. We have a lot of catching up to do to, as the Beatles said, "Get Back to where we once belonged!"

Reactions: PacoGator19
Agree. Billy Napier had a really good recruiting class this year, but not on par with Georgia & Alabama, who just keep piling up the 5 star players. On top of that Napier came into a situation where the football landscape has undergone massive changes with the transfer portal and NIL. The UF "Collective" doesn't appear to be offering up the type of incentives that other major programs are putting together and so we're falling behind in that area as well. We have a lot of catching up to do to, as the Beatles said, "Get Back to where we once belonged!"
Start by dumping Stricklin IMO.

What scares me if they haven't done it the past 2 years what makes us think they will the recruiting class and portal class after this one. Heck what will our team ranking be without Rashada if he leaves - maybe #14 or so which wont cut it in the SEC even with some gems if you aren't attacking the portal. Its almost like we are going to be allowed to become a perennial mid-level SEC team that goes from 6-6 to 8-4 if things really fall your way. Also if we shit the bed on offense with no Rashada coming on board a couple of those top receiver recruits will leave after their freshman year to go where they can get some stats.

Start by dumping Stricklin IMO.

Do you think its him and the admin affecting our big boosters causing some of this or we just need to realize our big boosters aren't going to play the game like the top half of the new SEC once TX and OK come on board.

Do you think its him and the admin affecting our big boosters causing some of this or we just need to realize our big boosters aren't going to play the game like the top half of the new SEC once TX and OK come on board.
Both. I know some boosters don’t want anything to do with NIL.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Not this year they didn't. Oh - we want to give Bama props for ish they did 4 years ago - got it. ya know -because judging a team this year and adding credit from years' back is really fair.

lmao - the same hypocrites that push Bama this year will twist all reasoning next year when the narrative shifts.

They didn't earn it, they shouldn't have been there - they were way overhyped and lost every meaningful game. But it's BAMA - put them in to lose another one this year!
Don’t make me defend Bama but yeah they would have performed way better than TCU last night. I’m as tired as the next guy of seeing them in it year after year. I know I don’t want to see another debacle like last night though.

Don’t make me defend Bama but yeah they would have performed way better than TCU last night. I’m as tired as the next guy of seeing them in it year after year. I know I don’t want to see another debacle like last night though.

TCU deserved to be in there. They just fell apart in the championship game and Georgia really showed up. There is no way Bama deserved to be in the playoff with their wins and losses this season. And TCU beat the # 2 ranked playoff team in the playoff and beat a common opponent more easily than Bama did.

Both. I know some boosters don’t want anything to do with NIL.
I’m sure boosters arent going to pay for sky boxes in the swamp, or the football building, without some guidance. Bottom line is that it’s Stricklin and Napier’s jobs on the line, not the boosters, so they should figure out what needs to be done. What is the army of football administrators that CBN hired doing if they’re not focused on this?

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
I’m sure boosters arent going to pay for sky boxes in the swamp, or the football building, without some guidance. Bottom line is that it’s Stricklin and Napier’s jobs on the line, not the boosters, so they should figure out what needs to be done. What is the army of football administrators that CBN hired doing if they’re not focused on this?

Napier - “I think that NIL is a portion of the decision right? I think a lot of times when you really dig into why is the player leaving where he’s at there are other factors. All these situations are case by case. You’ve got to evaluate each situation independent of all the others.”

“There’s a lot of gray area here relative to representation, what I can say, what I can’t say, what the third party can do, what they can’t do. I mean, right now we’re living in a land with no laws, if that makes sense but I continue to believe as every day goes by and the more that we are boots on the ground’ as we get out to know people NIL is going to be a slam dunk for the Florida Gators."
------------------------------

So much for a slam dunk. As of right now we are not competitive at all and are actually weaker in the portal than many usual lower level SEC teams.

Reactions: ocalaman
Sure they'd have performed better but that's not the point. They didn't deserve to be there by any reasonable stretch. Again, at least TN has an argument but the argument that Bama should have been there is absurd.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Sure they'd have performed better but that's not the point. They didn't deserve to be there by any reasonable stretch. Again, at least TN has an argument but the argument that Bama should have been there is absurd.
I don’t think bama should have been there either. The original argument was why bama gets all the love. 12-15 years of dominance.

Its unreal how far we have fallen behind Georgia due to them having motivated big money people. If things don't change soon we will have a nice losing streak to FSU also probably.
It's more than that. T8&4 has much much more motivated big money people. How's that working out?

Bobby Petrino to the rescue!
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

In the past 10 years I have gone from a Golden Chief to a Silver Chief. When the NIL started, I gave up my account and own it in name only. Other people pay for it and go to the games. I have no interest in College Football compared to my past interest level.

I have not watched a full college football game since the start of covid. FSU or any other. I did not watch the Semi-finals nor the Final this year.

TAMU just had a 5* running back say that part of his NIL was scoring touchdowns. If that is not pay for play I sure as fvck don’t know what is.

It is time that the NFL puts together a minor league system so we can finally stop trying to say this is about education. Let the kids that can’t get drafted out of high school or actually want to go to college play for colleges and make them get a degree before getting drafted.

These kids don’t want to go to school anymore than the academics of the institution want them there. This is just for cock measuring and fundraising.

Last edited:
It's more than that. T8&4 has much much more motivated big money people. How's that working out?

Bobby Petrino to the rescue!
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

We won't know until this season. They were true freshman. They probably will have issues but if Fisher let's Petrino have full control of play calling and the young QB is a good one they might have a quick turnaround.

In the past 10 years I have gone from a Golden Chief to a Silver Chief. When the NIL started, I gave up my account and own it in name only. Other people pay for it and go to the games. I have no interest in College Football compared to my past interest level.

I have not watched a full college football game since the start of covid. FSU or any other. I did not watch the Semi-finals nor the Final this year.

TAMU just had a 5* running back say that part of his NIL was scoring touchdowns. If that is not pay for play I sure as fvck don’t know what is.

It is time that the NFL puts together a minor league system so we can finally stop trying to say this is about education. Let the kids that can’t get drafted out of high school or actually want to go to college play for colleges and make them get a degree before getting drafted.

These kids don’t want to go to school anymore than the academics of the institution want them there. This is just for cock measuring and fundraising.

It is crazy but the NFL and power 5 schools are the big winners with this setup. The NFL doesn't need a minor league system that wouldn't generate any money or interest and because of history the power 5 colleges get big money from the big TV deals etc. I don't see anything changing except NIL maybe coming down some once they see there still can only be a few top teams. The NFL loves it and those colleges get a nice payoff while the NIL is thrown onto the big boosters and doesn't affect what the College gets.

Reactions: bradleygator
You called it…. Dawgs are wiping the field with the Horned Frogs.
Everybody called it. I said at the beginning of the season it would be Georgia or Bama. Now you see why Bama should have been number 4 even with 2 loses. You cant put a sh!tty TCU team in their to face Georgia and you get a 58 point blowout. Gonna get even worse when it goes to the bigger playoff system. Noone wants to watch what they saw Monday night.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
You called Bowers a slow WR last season, his freshman season. You weren't talking about NFL future halfway through his freshman season. You didn't know much about him.
Well, I was talking about the NFL. Not that it matters. Not sure why you are so hard up about a guy who is 86th in yards per game and 127th in catches. If he were the bee knees, like you seem to think, why isn't he at least in the top 50? Considering that he is playing against a lot of linebackers that have no shot at the next level, and that your OC moves him around trying to get favorable matchups. you would think he would have stats above mediocre. And yet, he does not. Project that to the NFL, where every week he will be playing LB's that are just as big and just as fast as he is, and it's not hard to see that he has an uphill battle.

C'mon, chant it with me:

Over

clap clap

Rated

clap clap

Over

clap clap

Rated

clap clap

🤣 🤣 🤣

Everybody called it. I said at the beginning of the season it would be Georgia or Bama. Now you see why Bama should have been number 4 even with 2 loses. You cant put a sh!tty TCU team in their to face Georgia and you get a 58 point blowout. Gonna get even worse when it goes to the bigger playoff system. Noone wants to watch what they saw Monday night.
Disagree. The 12 team playoff will give the cream a chance to rise to the top. The TCU's of the world will be able to lay that egg in the first couple of rounds and be gone. Will we have some early round blowouts? Sure. But better to have them early than in the title game.

TCU player is saying UGA didn't do anything special and that they(TCU) beat themselves. Lol

Maybe that would credible up to a 21 point difference......but certainly not 58.

TCU player is saying UGA didn't do anything special and that they(TCU) beat themselves. Lol

Maybe that would credible up to a 21 point difference......but certainly not 58.

In the Big 12 they’re used to seeing basketball type scores. Trouble is they had their baseball team on the field.

Well, I was talking about the NFL. Not that it matters. Not sure why you are so hard up about a guy who is 86th in yards per game and 127th in catches. If he were the bee knees, like you seem to think, why isn't he at least in the top 50? Considering that he is playing against a lot of linebackers that have no shot at the next level, and that your OC moves him around trying to get favorable matchups. you would think he would have stats above mediocre. And yet, he does not. Project that to the NFL, where every week he will be playing LB's that are just as big and just as fast as he is, and it's not hard to see that he has an uphill battle.

C'mon, chant it with me:

Over

clap clap

Rated

clap clap

Over

clap clap

Rated

clap clap

🤣 🤣 🤣
"and just as fast as he is"... so you finally admitted you were wrong.
Guess what LG89? We spread the ball around better than most. We're unselfish and that's part of what made our offense so good this year. We don't have to depend on one guy and we're hard to defend. He was also sitting in the 4th quarter a lot this year while the other guys were getting some experience.

This whole debate started when you said he was just a slow WR and I told you he wasn't slow. Yeah... you were wrong.

Great post. I agree. What used to make college sports fun was that the kids had some connection to the schools. That obviously has been mostly make believe for decades but NIL has really exposed the mercenary reality of the sport.

Disagree. The 12 team playoff will give the cream a chance to rise to the top. The TCU's of the world will be able to lay that egg in the first couple of rounds and be gone. Will we have some early round blowouts? Sure. But better to have them early than in the title game.
I dont give a damn if you expand to be like NCAA basketball and have 60 something teams, you are gonna still have the same 3-4 teams win it every year.

Reactions: PacoGator19
"and just as fast as he is"... so you finally admitted you were wrong.
Guess what LG89? We spread the ball around better than most. We're unselfish and that's part of what made our offense so good this year. We don't have to depend on one guy and we're hard to defend. He was also sitting in the 4th quarter a lot this year while the other guys were getting some experience.

This whole debate started when you said he was just a slow WR and I told you he wasn't slow. Yeah... you were wrong.
He has straight ahead speed, and frankly it takes him 20 yards to get cranked up. He doesn't have the agility needed to run WR routes. If he did he would be a WR now. Didn't we cover this? I have to think you are being deliberately obtuse, because nobody can be as stupid as you are hopefully pretending to be.

Note that WR's in the NFL average almost twice as much in salary as TE's. If this joker could play WR, he would. But he can't. Not even at the collegiate level. He's lucky to have as much talent around him as he does, and he's lucky his OC is trying to get him mismatches, it makes him look better than he is.

He's just a guy. Deal with the reality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-highest-paid-positions-2014-9

He has straight ahead speed, and frankly it takes him 20 yards to get cranked up. He doesn't have the agility needed to run WR routes. If he did he would be a WR now. Didn't we cover this? I have to think you are being deliberately obtuse, because nobody can be as stupid as you are hopefully pretending to be.

Note that WR's in the NFL average almost twice as much in salary as TE's. If this joker could play WR, he would. But he can't. Not even at the collegiate level. He's lucky to have as much talent around him as he does, and he's lucky his OC is trying to get him mismatches, it makes him look better than he is.

He's just a guy. Deal with the reality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-highest-paid-positions-2014-9
You're a moron or a troll at this point. I simply pointed out that you ran your mouth his freshman year when you knew nothing about him. You were wrong. It's really that simple. You've tried to move the goalpost changing the discussion from his speed to his NFL future. Bowers is not slow and you finally admitted it. Discussion over.

Reactions: LrgK9

Lol…well sadgator can definitely concur that it sure looked like TCU were beating themselves during that game…
200w.gif

You're a moron or a troll at this point. I simply pointed out that you ran your mouth his freshman year when you knew nothing about him. You were wrong. It's really that simple. You've tried to move the goalpost changing the discussion from his speed to his NFL future. Bowers is not slow and you finally admitted it. Discussion over.
If he wasn't at Georgia, if he were at some middling school, nobody would have heard of him. You believe the ESPN hype machine if you like. Smart people know better.

Hopefully the selection committee has a case of the butt rash after tonight. A match between UGA and Alabama would have been an epic one. This is what happens when you get woke, you go broke. 😂
Lol, how is inviting a Christian school going woke?

It's not about the best rosters. It's about the season.

Bama lost to LSU who lost to barely above average FSu. They also lost to UT who got handled by SCar...the same SCar who lost to our sorry azz 6-7 Gators.

Lol, how is inviting a Christian school going woke?

It's not about the best rosters. It's about the season.

Bama lost to LSU who lost to barely above average FSu. They also lost to UT who got handled by SCar...the same SCar who lost to our sorry azz 6-7 Gators.
Has nothing to do with a religious "in name" school. It's about trying to beat the parity drum when everyone on this forum and the entire planet knew UGA was going to boat race TCU prior to the game. Alabama's defense was the worst it's been in two decades but their offense could put up big numbers on the scoreboard against anybody. When USCw bit the dust in their final regular season game I thought surely Bama was the best team left on the board outside looking in. I think in hindsight that is plainly obvious.

Reactions: EvilWayz and LrgK9
Has nothing to do with a religious "in name" school. It's about trying to beat the parity drum when everyone on this forum and the entire planet knew UGA was going to boat race TCU prior to the game. Alabama's defense was the worst it's been in two decades but their offense could put up big numbers on the scoreboard against anybody. When USCw bit the dust in their final regular season game I thought surely Bama was the best team left on the board outside looking in. I think in hindsight that is plainly obvious.
Ppl are arguing two different points IMO. One side is saying that the best-talented team with the most upside, regardless of losses should have been in the playoffs. The other side is saying the most deserving team, given how the selection process is set up should have been in the playoffs.

I agree with the second idea - you can't use the outcome of a game to go back and then determine who should have been in the playoffs. That's just 20-20 hindsight and faulty reasoning I think.

When the top 4 were announced I was pretty good with those 4 getting in at the time. But that's just me.

Yep. The new playoff system would give TCU a bye but likely they would have been eliminated earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT