ADVERTISEMENT

Strange What Gets Called A "Racial" Topic Around Here...

And BTW...I answered that question when asked by Fresno a month ago but I was banned for asking for your review of a Herschel Walker thread that was attacking black people...not for any comment made by me about racism

You didn't even know that's why you banned me because Fresno then deleted the thread

The night before I told him I wanted to keep posting and asked exactly what in my posts were creating the problem...I would remove whatever it was that was creating a problem

I guess asking you to take a look at a thread that was attacking black people was the problem since that was why I got banned

As the kids say...I got the receipts if you want...Fresno's private message to me, my response, and your email responses to me not knowing why you banned me and telling me to not contact you about the board

That is of course after you told me to contact you about the board by email
Ray, this is a simple question. Yes or No. Are you going to stop posting racially sensitive material. If so, keep posting, if not take care and find another board to post on. it really is that simple. Choice is yours.

Interesting the number of posters who are acknowledging what I'm saying on this thread as true
I am not on this free board 100% of the time. My time is reserved for the premium message board as much as possible so sure I miss a ton of stuff on this board, but you are the only one I get multiple complaints about. Again, for the last time. Are you going to stop posting racially sensitive material. That is the only question we are faced with at this time.

Ray, this is a simple question. Yes or No. Are you going to stop posting racially sensitive material. If so, keep posting, if not take care and find another board to post on. it really is that simple. Choice is yours.

Its a simple answer...I'll follow the rules in the same manner as other users

bama used the term white supremacist after you explicitly banned it use
Did you delete anything? no Did you threaten to ban him? no.

Even after he admitted to breaking the rules you did nothing.

So as you say you aren't even in the forum much...when other posters abuse your rules and don't follow them
What should happen? What should a user do?

If you don't consider that racially sensitive material from bama then why is its use by another user here different?

You're 100% inconsistent about your own rules...THAT's the problem

Is discussing affirmative action a racially sensitive issue?
How about voting maps? Is that racially sensitive material?
How about the NAACP? Is discussing them racially sensitive material?

Are those forbidden topics? And forbidden for who?

Exactly. I do also.

I just want a clear explanation of what makes a topic "racially sensitive"...
And is everybody subject to that rule or only certain people?

Because that seems to be how the rules are applied noticed by lots of users here ...not just me

Exactly. I do also.

I just want a clear explanation of what makes a topic "racially sensitive"...
And is everybody subject to that rule or only certain people?

Because that seems to be how the rules are applied noticed by lots of users here ...not just me
You are a smart person Ray. So give me your answer yes or no. ANY racially motivated topic should just about cover it. I have asked multiple times in this thread. I need an answer by tonight yes or no or I will make the decision. This is not rocket science and I am spending WAY too much time talking about this. This goes for ANYONE on this board. I can't be more clear.

Reactions: nail1988
Its a simple answer...I'll follow the rules in the same manner as other users

bama used the term white supremacist after you explicitly banned it use
Did you delete anything? no Did you threaten to ban him? no.

Even after he admitted to breaking the rules you did nothing.

So as you say you aren't even in the forum much...when other posters abuse your rules and don't follow them
What should happen? What should a user do?

If you don't consider that racially sensitive material from bama then why is its use by another user here different?

You're 100% inconsistent about your own rules...THAT's the problem

Is discussing affirmative action a racially sensitive issue?
How about voting maps? Is that racially sensitive material?
How about the NAACP? Is discussing them racially sensitive material?

Are those forbidden topics? And forbidden for who?
The moderators will let me know and I will handle it. Just like I am going to handle this situation. You kept pushing and pushing and pushing knowing exactly what you were doing and now I am done dealing with it.

the ring leader is @GhostOfMatchesMalone, but there are many. 99-1 isnt a safe enough space to operate in, Big Ray is a scary dude... i got reprimanded for using retardicans and trumpanzees.... talk about comical!! but i do abide by the rules, its not my house.

I actually thought re_____icans was funny. But as you said, not our board.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
I use the word Libturd- gets the point across without besmirching the disabled

Although this post is probably too late to make a difference, I think I can abstract RayGravesGhost's concerns into a simple proposition without including any problematic terms:

A rule that we cannot discuss XYZ inevitably favors those who benefit from the XYZ status quo.

I agree with Ray. While there is too much focus on XYZ in politics today, it is reductive and simplistic to try to completely omit XYZ from politics.

I also understand that the owners of this board are in the business of selling subscriptions and advertisements. They are not obligated to provide posters with a 100% neutral free-speech zone. It is ultimately their prerogative to moderate the forum however they want, even if this means that rules are set or enforced in ways that seem arbitrary.

Similarly, when I post on the football board as a Nole (though I did get my masters from UF), I understand this is a Gator board. While the moderators are laid back toward rival fans, moderation of the board will inevitably reflect a Gator point-of-view.

I think the board is better with Ray because he tirelessly presents content and different points of view to posters who are otherwise not getting much exposure outside of their echo chamber. Sometimes, he can be excessively harsh or insulting, but he is far from the worst offender. His transgressions may stick out more because he is on the opposite side of the political spectrum of most posters. Sometimes the truth hurts. This should be considered when evaluating the number of complaints people submit about him.

There may be room for productive coexistence if Ray accepts that he must abide by the rules, even if he feels they are implemented unfairly.

If your son was disabled, would it still be funny?

There's no way I could possibly know that, is there?

It's your board, your rules and I'll follow them...or I'll leave if I'm unable to. My comment was more about its play on Republicans. I'm a conservative but I can appreciate self-deprecating humor.

Perhaps we're from a different era but that word, when I was growing up, wasn't a reference to children like your son. It was both a term of endearment to your friends and a derision to people we didn't like. It was NEVER used to describe a person with actual disabilities.

Either way, whether or not offense was taken from my comment above, it was unintended.

That term is thrown around a lot and most of us don't think about it, which is our fault. I don't think I've ever used it but will be mindful to make sure I don't in the future, think we all will.
Here is some information coming from Special Olympics on the R-Word becoming the R-Slur. Interesting info for anyone interested.

Although this post is probably too late to make a difference, I think I can abstract RayGravesGhost's concerns into a simple proposition without including any problematic terms:

A rule that we cannot discuss XYZ inevitably favors those who benefit from the XYZ status quo.

I agree with Ray. While there is too much focus on XYZ in politics today, it is reductive and simplistic to try to completely omit XYZ from politics.

I also understand that the owners of this board are in the business of selling subscriptions and advertisements. They are not obligated to provide posters with a 100% neutral free-speech zone. It is ultimately their prerogative to moderate the forum however they want, even if this means that rules are set or enforced in ways that seem arbitrary.

Similarly, when I post on the football board as a Nole (though I did get my masters from UF), I understand this is a Gator board. While the moderators are laid back toward rival fans, moderation of the board will inevitably reflect a Gator point-of-view.

I think the board is better with Ray because he tirelessly presents content and different points of view to posters who are otherwise not getting much exposure outside of their echo chamber. Sometimes, he can be excessively harsh or insulting, but he is far from the worst offender. His transgressions may stick out more because he is on the opposite side of the political spectrum of most posters. Sometimes the truth hurts. This should be considered when evaluating the number of complaints people submit about him.

There may be room for productive coexistence if Ray accepts that he must abide by the rules, even if he feels they are implemented unfairly.
Yes it does benefit the status quo and it is very difficult to stop or completely eliminate racial topics. The Republican primary is all about stopping woke and the left. Those topics definitely got racial elements to it. Talking about voters and turnout will have racial elements to it. Gerrymandering has racial elements to it and the SC just confirmed that. So it's not as simple as Jason thinks IMO.

Ray does provide something and I get why he gets under the skin of the far right. He could probably work on his delivery and presentation overall but he adds balance. When you have an echo chamber and you try to break it, it will piss people off. I do maintain that he gets a raw deal.

He just wants the rules applied evenly. I think that's tough to do. I think that you can do fairly but not evenly.

There's no way I could possibly know that, is there?

It's your board, your rules and I'll follow them...or I'll leave if I'm unable to. My comment was more about its play on Republicans. I'm a conservative but I can appreciate self-deprecating humor.

Perhaps we're from a different era but that word, when I was growing up, wasn't a reference to children like your son. It was both a term of endearment to your friends and a derision to people we didn't like. It was NEVER used to describe a person with actual disabilities.

Either way, whether or not offense was taken from my comment above, it was unintended.
I know you had zero way to know that...its all good..I was just using that as an example as to how things can get offensive to people real quick without the OP even knowing.....and again, I do not see 100% of the stuff all the time..most of my time is spent on the premium boards and the mods are here....either way I gave Ray multiple chances to answer a simple question and decided not to do so and this is where we are...

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Yes it does benefit the status quo and it is very difficult to stop or completely eliminate racial topics. The Republican primary is all about stopping woke and the left. Those topics definitely got racial elements to it. Talking about voters and turnout will have racial elements to it. Gerrymandering has racial elements to it and the SC just confirmed that. So it's not as simple as Jason thinks IMO.

Ray does provide something and I get why he gets under the skin of the far right. He could probably work on his delivery and presentation overall but he adds balance. When you have an echo chamber and you try to break it, it will piss people off. I do maintain that he gets a raw deal.

He just wants the rules applied evenly. I think that's tough to do. I think that you can do fairly but not evenly.
I let a TON of stuff go and I mean a TON bc you all like to talk about this stuff, political agenda, religion etc...and I never chime in but he continued to go out of his way to post racially sensitive topics after I asked him "several" times to please stop...I get very few complaints about posters but he is 100% at the top of the list.....

I let a TON of stuff go and I mean a TON bc you all like to talk about this stuff, political agenda, religion etc...and I never chime in but he continued to go out of his way to post racially sensitive topics after I asked him "several" times to please stop...I get very few complaints about posters but he is 100% at the top of the list.....

To your point, Ray imho seems to see a lot of hate because he does a lot of hating. Skin color seems to matter a LOT to him. I regret that on his behalf.

He needs to respect your request, but I don't think it's possible to never speak about race. It really touch every topic, even sports.

• Wow
I guess the poster that posts a "Retard Alert" regularly is OK since it's not about race.

We all know the problem with Ray is just because one thin skinned poster gets upset and runs to the Mods. Gee, I wonder who that is.

I guess the poster that posts a "Retard Alert" regularly is OK since it's not about race.
giphy.gif

1) Anyone who complains to mods is a pretty weak person. You don't like someone, ignore them or leave.
2) Ray cluttered the board with copied and pasted articles (something else a mod asked us not to do) that were an almost constant feedstream from YahooNews, which is EXTREMELY far left leaning to the point it's often flat out spin presented as "news".
The proxy would be I start a new thread for every Gateway Pundit article. It's not "an alternate point of view", is a propaganda shotgun. It certainly adds very little to the discussion.
3) I'm not going to say certain racial viewpoints are or are not oppressed because I followed the ask - I didn't even enter those discussions. But what I have seen seems fair to me.

You have the entire story ITT. Ray was belligerent and Jason gave him every opportunity to help himself. I'd assume this forum is a drag on Jason and it's in his best interest to spend as little time as possible here, and more time on the pay boards.

So all you whiny little bitches quit complaining about people, whoever you are.

The irony of you posting this in post #45 after Ray posted this....

....in post #44 wasn't lost on me.

Even better, Ray liked your post. 😂
People complain enough Jason has to act it has nothing to do with you I don’t think you’re one off he complainers. Although you do hand out tickets…

People complain enough Jason has to act it has nothing to do with you I don’t think you’re one off he complainers. Although you do hand out tickets…

I just appreciated the irony.

And I've written exactly 3 tickets in my career. All 3 tickets were associated with Probable Cause on associated Felony Arrests fwiw.....not that you will understand what that means.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
1) Anyone who complains to mods is a pretty weak person. You don't like someone, ignore them or leave.
2) Ray cluttered the board with copied and pasted articles (something else a mod asked us not to do) that were an almost constant feedstream from YahooNews, which is EXTREMELY far left leaning to the point it's often flat out spin presented as "news".
The proxy would be I start a new thread for every Gateway Pundit article. It's not "an alternate point of view", is a propaganda shotgun. It certainly adds very little to the discussion.
3) I'm not going to say certain racial viewpoints are or are not oppressed because I followed the ask - I didn't even enter those discussions. But what I have seen seems fair to me.

You have the entire story ITT. Ray was belligerent and Jason gave him every opportunity to help himself. I'd assume this forum is a drag on Jason and it's in his best interest to spend as little time as possible here, and more time on the pay boards.

So all you whiny little bitches quit complaining about people, whoever you are.
Reported.

He needs to respect your request, but I don't think it's possible to never speak about race. It really touch every topic, even sports.
There is a way to do it and he knew he was just trying to get under my skin...

We all know the problem with Ray is just because one thin skinned poster gets upset and runs to the Mods. Gee, I wonder who that is.
No that is not ok and when I see it or him doing it I will take care of it. Why would you think that is cool to say? lol I said over and over I do not see things 100% of the time so clearly I have not read that.

Reactions: urbangator07
It's not only possible, it's easy to do if you have no agenda ...
You probably think that wondering why there are only a few black head coaches in college football is an "agenda" or saying that the NBA hasn't had an American white MVP since Bird is an "agenda". Even baseball talk about how to reach more American white and black people. Race is always there and ignoring it doesn't help anyone.

• Wow
You probably think that wondering why there are only a few black head coaches in college football is an "agenda" or saying that the NBA hasn't had an American white MVP since Bird is an "agenda". Even baseball talk about how to reach more American white and black people. Race is always there and ignoring it doesn't help anyone.
And those are niche topics specifically agenda-driven ones.

When you discuss oak trees, full moons, turtles and vanilla ice cream race never comes up ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT