ADVERTISEMENT

Strange What Gets Called A "Racial" Topic Around Here...

I have an interesting question for you. It has to do with the expression you used, "about race". How do you define a topic that is "about race". For example, if I say Dr. Ben Carson was a great surgeon, am I talking about race? If I say, MJ was a great player, am I talking about race? If I say Al Sharpton is a lousy leader and just stirs up trouble, am I talking about race?
No to all your questions

Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Idk man, it depends. That is a very board question but if you ask specifics, like you just did, I can give my 2 cents.
I know this is a topic about race which is why do so many black children grow up without fathers. But is it a bad topic to discuss, especially to get insight from a black person. What do you think of the topic?

The SCOTUS decision on Affirmative Action was deemed a legitimate thread for discussion when the thread was full of racist crap about black people...

... but when a new thread that criticized white recepients of Affirmative Action I get threatened with being banned?

The only differnce is the color of the affirmative action recepients...

A note to management....there are a couple of black paying customers of yours that don't really like your "rules" or how you apply them

You've actually run some of them off posting on this part of the board because they don't trust you or your decisions...its noticed by many

Its been fun but the management has a viewpoint that white customers here can pretty much say whatever they want about race and black customers are not allowed to share their viewpoints without threat of being banished

Want to say black people are lazy and want to mooch off the government...that's fine

Want to say whote people are lazy and want to mooch off the government...expect at the minimum a threat of suspension or banishment

That's just a fact like the story of the Missouri shooter was legit...
The shooter in Ocala draws a banishment threat

They both shot black people through a door needlessly but management had a issue with one of those stories

I highly doubt this thread will exist for very long...

Peace out to mdf, sadgator, gatorspeed, bmoregator, kalim, & rere...
Ray you gone man?

I know this is a topic about race which is why do so many black children grow up without fathers. But is it a bad topic to discuss, especially to get insight from a black person. What do you think of the topic?
That is a tough topic to discuss. I haven't really taken a side. I know some black people look at is a way for white people and mostly white conservatives to attack black mothers/families BUT when you look at the data the data does show an increase in crime when the father isn't present. It shows the same increase with for all races actually.

At the same time, I will ask, have you ever discussed that within the white community?

That is why some black people see it as an attack because the data shows everyone but most white conservatives just want to focus on the black community. It is tough for me because I see the fight.

That is a tough topic to discuss. I haven't really taken a side. I know some black people look at is a way for white people and mostly white conservatives to attack black mothers/families BUT when you look at the data the data does show an increase in crime when the father isn't present. It shows the same increase with for all races actually.

At the same time, I will ask, have you ever discussed that within the white community?

That is why some black people see it as an attack because the data shows everyone but most white conservatives just want to focus on the black community. It is tough for me because I see the fight.
Here's the thing K. It's far more acceptable in the black community.

There's a perception that started there and spread to all races that other than the sperm donation a man is not needed to raise a child.

Which is wrong. You want to see a shocking statistic, check out the rates of criminality amongst young men raised by single mothers, or grandmothers.

And you're correct, it's consistent across race.

Ray you gone man?

Ray Ray joined @Kingseve1 in their private commune in Chile

coffin-dance-coffin.gif

Here's the thing K. It's far more acceptable in the black community.

There's a perception that started there and spread to all races that other than the sperm donation a man is not needed to raise a child.

Which is wrong. You want to see a shocking statistic, check out the rates of criminality amongst young men raised by single mothers, or grandmothers.

And you're correct, it's consistent across race.
Why do you say that is far more acceptable?

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Maybe my question has been answered that it's ok to discuss since it's being discussed here in a civil way with points back and forth.
I think any child is more advantaged to be raised in a stable home with both a mother and father present no matter whether the race is white, black, hispanic, asian or any other. I know the percentage of absentee fathers in the black community is particularly high but I don't know all the reasons. There are a lot of black mothers doing incredible work to try and support families as single mothers. I would love to see improvement in all races to have more nuclear families but there are forces who don't want that.

Why do you say that is far more acceptable?
Because it is. There's no stigma to having multiple children with multiple fathers out of wedlock. As long as you take care of your babies or pay your child support to their mother you're good. Meanwhile I got white friends that have two kids by two different husbands and they whisper about her behind her back.

Because it is. There's no stigma to having multiple children with multiple fathers out of wedlock. As long as you take care of your babies or pay your child support to their mother you're good. Meanwhile I got white friends that have two kids by two different husbands and they whisper about her behind her back.
Who says that doesn't happen within the black community?

Sounds like a case of "how they see us".

Who says that doesn't happen within the black community?

Sounds like a case of "how they see us".
I'm a little older than you and had a couple friends get pregnant in hs. Every body got cussed and grounded and threatened with disinheritence.

Then the Hispanic and black parents calmed down and said you're an idiot and we raised you better but at least we get a grand baby out of it.

The rich white people shipped them off to a relative up North and one got thrown out on her ass with the clothes on her back.

Some black people would call that "systemic".
I'd call it white people are way more hardcore about not looking bad in public. Imagine putting your child and your future grandchild out in the street for what, to save face at church or the golf course?

They are descended from Puritans.

I say get rid of the "report" button. That's the problem. How weak are you that you run to your mama mod every time you get offended haha. I've been on here for 17 years (90% of that time on tMB)and not once have I ever hit the report button. I've never even put anyone on ignore. And I've had everything in the book posted about myself, family members, you name it. How can you possibly be so weak that you're offended by what some jackass (hello) says on here to the point of hitting report? It's a freaking sports board where you can throw some politics/other stuff in. Either respond to the guy who made the "offensive" post and take it up with him directly or if you think it's not worth it (99% of them) just leave it. Report is for shark and bear attacks. Easy.

Some black people would call that "systemic".
AI overviews are experimental. Learn more

In the United States, the highest percentage of births to unmarried mothers are among Black women (78%), followed by Hispanic women (58%), Asian women (31%), and white women (30%). The national average for out-of-wedlock births in 2014 was 40%, with the proportions of births out of wedlock being 29% for whites, 53% for Hispanics, and 71% for Black women

OR....it could just be the FACTS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT