ADVERTISEMENT

Spring has sprung....

And I've already told that this is the only answer you're going to get, about anything.
You don't like or accept that as an answer, I don't G-a-S about you, or what you want, or like, or what you claim to think... :cool:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

And yet you here you are, still responding to me.

You're quite the weak little coward, aren't you?

And yet you here you are, still responding to me.

You're quite the weak little coward, aren't you?

Stupid of you, as usual. I'm responding the way I want to, not the way that you keep on begging me to. Village Idiot confirmed yet again...

And now back to the 'Spring has Sprung' thread topic....

Greg Ostendor, ESPN -- "If last season proved anything in the SEC, it's that a team had better have more than one capable running back on its roster."

"Leonard Fournette and Nick Chubb entered the 2016 season as two of the top backs in college football. They were bona fide Heisman Trophy contenders. However, both suffered injuries along the way that kept them from playing at 100 percent for much of the season."

UF 16 - 10 @ LSU
UF 24 - 10 @ WLOCP / UGly

Injuries aside, more SEC teams are implementing the RB-by-committee approach on offense. This past season, no SEC running back had more than 250 carries and only four had more than 200.

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 237 rsSr
68 for 299 yds, 4.4 ypc - Rec 4 for 105 yds, 26.25 yds/rec

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Jr
179 for 889 yds, 4.97 ypc - Rec 2 for 14 yds, 7 yds/rec

RB Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So
91 for 421 yds, 4.6 ypc - Rec 9 for 161 yds, 17.88 yds/rec

RB/ST's Tyriek Hopkins 5-8 177 rsSo W-O - St. Pete, FL
HS Sr - 127 for 863 yds, 6.8 ypc, 8 TD's - Rec 5 for 42 yds, 8.4 ypr.
---------------
RB Malik Davis 5-11 190 Fr - Tampa, FL
http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/127238/under-the-radar-recruit-florida-gators
RB Adarius Lemons 6-1 195 Fr - Clearwater, FL
--------------

"Florida, they have the best receivers in the SEC," another SEC team's offensive assistant told ESPN earlier this year.

The Gator's slot WR Brandon Powell's response? "We have playmakers everywhere," the lone senior receiver said with a grin plastered on his face. "It's going to be hard to stop us when we get it all together" A unit with so much historical pride has fallen on hard times, as the recent past QB position deteriorated alongside.

"That’s definitely the deepest position (WR) on our team," Trask said. "It’s really fun to just throw it up to Callaway or Cleveland or anyone, and just watch them run under it." There's actually enough diversity and athleticism at receiver to make this offense really take off this fall, as the 7 top receivers/tight ends all return from last season.
(while the incoming Fr are adding more solid quality for depth and for the future)
=============

“A lot of people don’t have the mindset for us to be a dominant group, but I feel like we can be a great group," DT Khairi Clark rsJr told ESPN earlier this month. “Little do they know that we’re a dominant group of guys who have a lot of talent and can shock a lot of people. I don’t think there are a lot of defensive linemen better than us," he said."

Brantley, Ivie and Cox, who dealt with injuries for most of 2016, accounted for 15.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks last year. While Brantley and Ivie were major disruptors up front, the Gators still have a another group of nasty faces to frustrate offenses.

Including Clark, whose only TFL last year was a sack, Florida returns 30.5 TFLs and 15.5 sacks from defensive linemen in 2016. A lot of the production came from rising edge-rusher Jabari Zuniga, who led the Gators with five sacks and was second with 8.5 TFLs. This year, he'll be partnered with senior Jordan Sherit, who was second behind Zuniga with 3.5 sacks and had five TFLs, and former five-star Cece Jefferson, who has slimmed down and is considered by Jim McElwain to be one of the Gators' most versatile matchup linemen. So this unit has the ability to turn some heads in 2017.

The addition of prep school standout DT Kyree Campbell 6-3 323 this spring adds another big body in the middle, while this line will get more help from incoming freshmen DT Tedarrell Slaton 6-4 350, DE/DT Elijah Conliffe 6-4 305 and DE Zachary Carter 6-5 250 when they arrive this summer.

Last edited:
Stupid of you, as usual. I'm responding the way I want to, not the way that you keep on begging me to. Village Idiot confirmed yet again...

But why?

You fools need to meet each other face to face at a game this season.

It's much more difficult to be a jerk off to someone you know and like.

I've met MANY people through this board at Gator games and I have liked NEARLY all of them. (B-cubed is the only douche that I hate...) Swami goes without saying.

I never met Sad or Danny....there are a couple other regulars that I have not met (Passover and Theo)

For the most part, everyone I have met in person is very nice.....even the people at WC that I have met were very nice.

The anonymity of the net makes it easy to act like a fvcktard. I have friends who post on this board and I will always have their backs, along with good and longtime posters.

Hell, I liked SPACEHEATER one on one. YES.....SPACEHEATER was a very nice person and I enjoyed talking to him in person before one of the games like 10 years ago or whatever.

You fools need to meet each other face to face at a game this season.

It's much more difficult to be a jerk off to someone you know and like.

I've met MANY people through this board at Gator games and I have liked NEARLY all of them. (B-cubed is the only douche that I hate...) Swami goes without saying.

I never met Sad or Danny....there are a couple other regulars that I have not met (Passover and Theo)

For the most part, everyone I have met in person is very nice.....even the people at WC that I have met were very nice.

The anonymity of the net makes it easy to act like a fvcktard. I have friends who post on this board and I will always have their backs, along with good and longtime posters.

Hell, I liked SPACEHEATER one on one. YES.....SPACEHEATER was a very nice person and I enjoyed talking to him in person before one of the games like 10 years ago or whatever.

Walter and I drank some beer at Buffalo Wild Wings in Auburn once.

No I still owe him beer from the Vandy game in 2006.

tumblr_mkcme2NYzu1r426i4o3_r1_250.gif

We can meet at the dock for a fishing trip. That way, if you're jerks there too, I can at least use you for cut-bait.... :cool: ---------------- :D

While Seider doesn’t know yet how the carries will be divided or how much of a true workhorse Scarlett will end up being, he supports the committee approach in concept. :p

“I think we’re very competitive. I think we’ve got a very unselfish room, which is important especially when you’ve got one ball,” Seider said as spring practice draws to a close this week. “I think guys have been very competitive in everything they do. Who can score? Who can get the first down? Who can make that block? It’s competitive nature. Nobody is saying, ‘I should be getting this, I should be getting that.’ It’s a room that is pulling for each other so I’m very pleased with that.”

I play multiple guys. I think a fresh back is better than a tired back. You always remember that as a coach because that’s when bad things happen. If a kid’s hot, he’s hot, as long as he can keep going (you keep him in there). But if he’s looking over to the sideline, he needs a blow, you’ve got to get him out of the game. Especially when you got other guys you can put in and not miss a beat.” o_O
=============

#9 DE Jordan Sherit 6-4 254 rsSr (starter)
NR DE Justus Reed 6-3 241 rsJr

#2 DE/DT CeCe Jefferson 6-1 261 Jr
#2 DE Antonneous Clayton 6-3 245 So
#3 DE Zachary Carter 6-5 250 Fr

NR DE/DT Jabari Zuniga 6-3 245 rsSo (led team in sacks, Coaches All SEC)
NR DE Keivonnis Davis 6-4 241 Jr (under-rated 2 star)
NR DE Luke Ancrum 6-5 262 rsSo (under-rated 2 star)

#37 DE/DT Jachai Polite 6-2 271 So
#35 DE Jordan Smith 6-5 240 rsFr
#17 DT/DE Elijah Conliffe 6-4 305 Fr

(at position rankings, per rivals recruiting)

Last edited:
Summer arrivals that will likely make an impact, iG's oho's.
A few might end up as starters, many will at least get playing time.

QB-PP Jake Allen (will challenge for starter, IF the coaches let hm, Grier 2.0+).
WR James Robinson (what Fulwood never was, but should have been)
RB Malik Davis (his running style reminds me of E.Smith)
OG T.J. Moore - (solid depth)
OT Kadeem Telfort - (solid depth)
-------
DE Zach Carter - (a QB's nightmare)
DE/DT Elijah Conliffe - (solid combo depth)
NT T.J. Slaton - (K.Clark better tighten up -- can also play RT)
LB James Houston IV - (solid depth at OLB)
CB Marco Wilson - (will challenge Duke)
FS/Nic/CB Brian Edwards - (solid depth, possible Nic starter)
FS/CB Brad Stewart - (solid depth anywhere in the secondary)

Last edited:
My above post shows how LAY-O-DED the Gators are at DE for 2017. Apparently Soph. NR DE Justus Reed agrees with me, as he is transferring out for playing time. Good Gator, great guy, so good luck to him at wherever he ends up.

Last edited:
Reed never gained any weight hardly and was the size of a large LB. We do have some nice talent at DE with Jefferson there mostly now. Its DT where we may run into issues.

Projected DT's for 2017 (8)

1) DT Taven Bryan 6-5 300 rsJr
2) NT/DT Khiari Clark 6-3 319 rsJr

3) DT/DE Luke Ancrum 6-5 262 rsSo
4) DT Richard Desir Jones 6-4 292 rsSo (moved back from the OL)
5) DT/DE Jachai Polite 6-2 271 So
#3 OG/DT/NT Tedarrell 'TJ' Slaton 6-5 353 Fr - Plantation
#17 DE/DT Elijah Conliffe 6-4 309 Fr - Hampton, VA
#35 DT/NT Kyree Campbell 6-3 323 Fr-EE - Kingston, PA

Much like the Gator secondary, several of the DL'men can play either DT or DE.
Baring a rash of injuries, they should be good on the defense overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT