ADVERTISEMENT

Spring has sprung....

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Spring -- Missing from Action...

OUT for Spring:
QB LDR - Likely a great coach in the futrue.
RG A.Riles - Returning from injury to RG backup?
WR F.Swain - Will see playing time.
S J.Taylor - In the mix, yet to be determined.
S Q.Lenton - In the mix, yet to be determined.
MLB D.Reese - Will likely be a starter.
DE J.Sherit - Will likely be a starter.
--------
Non-Contact:
WR D.Massey - Returns as a starter, Slot & KR.
CB CJ McWilliams - In the mix, yet to be determined.
LB J.Houston - EE - Will likely see playing time.
===========

QB's: -- JMOHO - pre-spring - Low score wins

Best runner?

1)Toney - 2)Trask - 3)Franks - 4)Allen
Best passer?
1)Trask - 2)Allen - 3)Franks - 4)Toney

1) Trask 2+1 = 3
2) Toney EE 1+4 = 5
3) LDR 5.5 - Mostly on system knowledge and some game experience.
4) Franks 3+3 = 6 - Maybe a post-spring xfer?
5) Allen 4+2 = 6 - Likely a redshirt.

Just my own W-a-G, by the end of Spring the QB's may have proven me clueless. :cool:

Some Initial Position Changes:
Nic-Dime Duke Dawson to CB. (expected)
LG Martez Ivey to LT. (expected)
OL Richard Desir-Jones from OL depth, back to DT. (as I predicted earlier)
TE Camren Knight moves to LB. (makes sense, TE looks over-loaded)

OL Nick Buchanan and Tyler Jordan both need to work harder on strength & conditioning imo. Commit to being much better than they've been, both have enough talent to be in the playing rotation.
==========

The Offense, at every position, is finally LAY-O-DED!!!
5 QB's - 5 RB's 4-(5? Byrd) TE's - 11 WR's - 15 OL

The Gators return 95% of their receiving production from 2016.
WR's Thompson & Fulwood are being replaced by UA-AA's Green & Robinson. :)

~~ The Gators fooled the media twice, but are still not expected to 3-Peat as the SECe-C's. The media-morons can be so cute, :confused: making it easy to laugh at them. But hey, maybe they'll finally be correct this time around... :rolleyes:

They have at least bailed out on tennis-sea. This time their new darling is UGly. We'll see, but they are wrong so often that I'd only be worried if they did pick UF to win the SECe. ;)

Trask as your projected starter?

Franks a probable transfer?

My my...will wonders never cease?

You know Insta, Spurrier seems to like Franks more than Trask. How do you take that?

The more you watch the limited tape it wouldnt surprise me if Trask is the starter a few games into the season if not the first game.

The more you watch the limited tape it wouldnt surprise me if Trask is the starter a few games into the season if not the first game.

I would love for Trask to be the real deal.

I've only ever had a problem with Insta' rationality from day one as to why he should be.

I would love for Trask to be the real deal.

I've only ever had a problem with Insta' rationality from day one as to why he should be.

I just recently boarded the train some mostly due to Franks play since leaving his high school even though its pretty limited. As far as Trask he was dropping some nice passes into some tight windows over the middle etc. when he did play in high school. I didnt see Franks doing a lot of that. Franks did a lot of focusing on a receiver many times till he released the ball. Hope I am wrong but I wonder if Franks has a little Driskel in him.

Is that even still a thing?

This feels a lot like one of your whole "I made a negative prediction and have to stick to it" type things.

Lets see, he hasn't chosen a school. We were ine of his top 3 but cannot take him until mid-April because of some SEC rule. You tell me? If he wanted to go to uNC that would already be known.

Yeah, its very much still a thing

Lets see, he hasn't chosen a school. We were ine of his top 3 but cannot take him until mid-April because of some SEC rule. You tell me? If he wanted to go to uNC that would already be known.

Yeah, its very much still a thing

Meh that's pretty much the response I expected.

I would love for Trask to be the real deal. (horshit)

I've only ever had a problem with Insta' (stalker) rationality from day one as to why he should be.

You whine constantly about the thousand words method, so how about just a couple of pictures instead.... o_O

Form and Function. Go ask a QB coach (or SOS) what's wrong with that picture....
For some reason I couldn't get that pic to copy, so use the link to see it.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-quarterbacks-spring-practice
=============

If they have to take off and run, who is holding the ball high and tight (correctly) and who isn't?

And anyone that thinks that a 6-4 238 4.6/40 QB can't run (dual-threat) when asked to, didn't watch last years Spring game.... One QB threw 3 Ints, while another QB pulled it down for good runs 2-3 times when nobody got open.
(HS 72%, 17 TD's, to ZERO Ints) o_O

Fans in a discussion give their own opinions and their reasons for them.
Typical dunny-goater stalkers just pop-off at the mouth and diss on someone else's opinions. :cool:

You whine constantly about the thousand words method, so how about just a couple of pictures instead.... o_O

Form and Function. Go ask a QB coach (or SOS) what's wrong with that picture....
For some reason I couldn't get that pic to copy, so use the link to see it.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-quarterbacks-spring-practice
=============

If they have to take off and run, who is holding the ball high and tight (correctly) and who isn't?

And anyone that thinks that a 6-4 238 4.6/40 QB can't run (dual-threat) when asked to, didn't watch last years Spring game.... One QB threw 3 Ints, while another QB pulled it down for good runs 2-3 times when nobody got open.
(HS 72%, 17 TD's, to ZERO Ints) o_O

Fans in a discussion give their own opinions and their reasons for them.
Typical dunny-goater stalkers just pop-off at the mouth and diss on someone else's opinions. :cool:

1. What makes you think my statement about Trask is horseshit?

2. Are you really using that picture to show who holds the ball correctly when they tuck and run? They aren't actually running.

that is a random pic of the QB's standing in the middle of or moving to another drill lol

I have a bad feeling the coaches might throw someone in there right away even if they didn't prove to be the best option in practice. We will see I guess.

I have a bad feeling the coaches might throw someone in there right away even if they didn't prove to be the best option in practice. We will see I guess.

I have the same feeling GF. That's what they did last year with LDR and then with Happybee imo. If they (Mc-Nuss) don't grow into their jobs as OC/QB coaches, then imo they will end 2017 in trouble.

I'm hoping that they and their offense + QB can advance and succeed this year. That's been their only drawback so far at UF and circumstances have worked against them so far. This year is where we'll all see what they can do with the quality roster that they have built up. That is why I'm so looking forward to this years Spring game...

PS

Pictures don't matter at all when biased excuses are handy.
Practice makes perfect, even when/IF they were just standing around.
Habits are formed all the time, every day, (just like stalker assholes are).

I have the same feeling GF. That's what they did last year with LDR and then with Happybee imo. If they (Mc-Nuss) don't grow into their jobs as OC/QB coaches, then imo they will end 2017 in trouble.

I'm hoping that they and their offense + QB can advance and succeed this year. That's been their only drawback so far at UF and circumstances have worked against them so far. This year is where we'll all see what they can do with the quality roster that they have built up. That is why I'm so looking forward to this years Spring game...

PS

Dude...biased excuses?

You're hilarious.

Dude...biased excuses?
You're hilarious.

A dunce, stalker, drunk, loser.
You're just a pitiful sad joke... :rolleyes:

And now that we've shared our opinions of each other, so what. o_O
You follow me around like a lost puppy so you can twiddle a puddle on the floor.
And I only post to you in response to your sad puddles, while laughing at your always wet feet, but hey, I know you can't help yourself, cause you have no life... :cool:

PS

Well none of us know what is truly happening in practice but I definitely think many coaches will play the blue chip recruit at QB first many times even if they werent the best player in practice. I just hope if Trask is the best in practice he gets the start against Michigan. Maybe Franks is actually the best but what little bit I have seen so far makes me nervous about him.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Between Trask and Franks it's a choice between the star givers and the coaches.
The star givers had it Franks **** and Trask **, eventually upped to ***.

The coaches by NSD had it Trask ***** and Franks ****.
After watching their HUDI, I agreed with the coaches.

My own eyes after the 2016 Spring game had it - Trask ****, Franks **.
And that was with the coaches giving Franks every possible advantage, including more snaps and constant close coaching... (LDR & Happybee both at ***)

That's why I see the 2017 Spring game being so important to the team.

How did Franks have the advantage he was going against the 1's...

So was Trask, and they were both using the 2-3 offense to do it, unlike LDR.

However, on the last series, the one where Franks finally threw the TD to Lewis, Franks was using the 1 offense. They tried to prop him up at the end. And if you go look at the Spring game play count for both Franks and Trask you'll learn something else...o_O

Last edited:
The dunny-goater will have to pay someone to explain things to him, or he'll just be as lost-stupid as he usually is on any thread... :cool:

The 'train of thought' says Woo-Woo....

Last year after watching the Spring game, I said that Mc should start Trask.
Others said that he was only a 2 star backup in HS, (like that matters).

Nuss said that Trask was as good or better than any 5 star that he'd scouted.

Nearly everyone (except Frank's girlfriend, mother, and a dunny-goater) admitted that he was obviously way too raw to be the starter.

During the 2016 season he was said to have GREATLY improved, so named the backup. After all of his GREAT improvement, where does he finally stand now compared to Trask?

UF coach Jim McElwain said the quarterback race is now too close to call between Franks and fellow redshirt freshman Kyle Trask. “They're real close,” McElwain said. “There's probably about a half-inch difference between them, I think.” From now until the April 7 spring, McElwain will look for a quarterback to assume ownership of the position.

So, Frank's GREAT improvement has finally brought him up to within a half inch of where Trask has been all along. :rolleyes:

And now, if the coaches give Franks all of the close coaching and the majority of the practice snaps all through the Spring, (like they did for LDR last Spring) then he might just end up being named as the 2017 starter.

But hey, IF Franks or Toney end up being 'the best on the field' for the Gators, then that's just fine with me, because right or wrong about Trask, I still want the best Gator QB playing. (contrary to the dunny-goaters constant lies).

However. IF the coaches don't start the best QB and he stinks on ice, then we'll all know that too, just like we did last season.... o_O

So was Trask, and they were both using the 2-3 offense to do it, unlike LDR.

However, on the last series, the one where Franks finally threw the TD to Lewis, Franks was using the 1 offense. They tried to prop him up at the end. And if you go look at the Spring game play count for both Franks and Trask you'll learn something else...o_O

well shit, they had to do something to make him muster some kind of confidence back to save a little face for his future... He had like 4 INT's before that last TD drive, then threw a td to Lewis that was dropped before that or he would have had it inside the 4 at worst... Then threw another better ball on the last play of the game for a TD that was actually nice

well shit, they had to do something to make him muster some kind of confidence back to save a little face for his future... He had like 4 INT's before that last TD drive, then threw a td to Lewis that was dropped before that or he would have had it inside the 4 at worst... Then threw another better ball on the last play of the game for a TD that was actually nice

I didn't fault the coaches for what they did to end the Spring game with Franks.

What I did was to answer your question, i.e. -- "How did Franks have the advantage he was going against the 1's..."

Franks had 3 Ints in his 1st 4 pass attempts, and he finally ended with 1 TD after they gave him the 1 offense to work with against the 1-2 defense.

Trask missed a TD to Fr Hammond at the goal line, (ball went 50 yds in the air) because AA Marcus Maye made a great recovery and tipped the pass away.
When nobody was open, Trask had 2-3 good runs, and he had a throw-away decision instead of throwing to a covered receiver and getting it picked. He made much better decisions and he never looked lost, even with him using the 2-3 offense vs the 1 defense. Of the 4 Spring game QB's, he had the far less plays to show what he could do, and he always had the 2-3 offense vs the 1 defense. Do you see the Franks advantage now? o_O

I never really paid much attention to what the back ups were facing but i noticed Franks playing the ones the most because all his picks were to starters lol... Trask looked good with the snaps he got, didn't seem like near as many as Feleipe...

Im just glad we have enough Qb's to pick from finally and with good players at every position around them with depth at the specialty positions surrounding the QB position now... Still waiting on Zaire to come in too... Watched a lot of his film, or the little he had from ND i watched every snap. Would be good to have on the roster at least, he can run AND has a cannon with good size for a QB, can put his shoulder down and get yards more like a RB than a QB...

Still waiting on Zaire to come in too... Watched a lot of his film, or the little he had from ND i watched every snap. Would be good to have on the roster at least, he can run AND has a cannon with good size for a QB, can put his shoulder down and get yards more like a RB than a QB...

Zaire 6-1 225 (that's your idea of good size???) :rolleyes:
Trask 6-4 238 4.6/40

If, IF either Zaire or Harris are allowed in, then I might have to start a Fire Mc-Nuss site myself.... :confused:

If they can't get a quality starter out of Franks, Trask, Allen, Toney, then imoho, they are not qualified to hold their positions. That said, I don't see them bringing in either of those has-been xfers. o_O -- They've already been there and done that...

Another video I saw from earlier, couldn't really see much difference between Trask and Franks (though Franks' throwing motion is a lot better).

Toney is a waste of time at QB. Significantly shorter and more importantly, wildly inaccurate on a lot of his passes. I mean...throwing uncatchable balls to receivers 5-10 yards down the field towards the sideline.

Reactions: g8rbass94
Zaire 6-1 225 (that's your idea of good size???) :rolleyes:
Trask 6-4 238 4.6/40

If, IF either Zaire or Harris are allowed in, then I might have to start a Fire Mc-Nuss site myself.... :confused:

If they can't get a quality starter out of Franks, Trask, Allen, Toney, then imoho, they are not qualified to hold their positions. That said, I don't see them bringing in either of those has-been xfers. o_O -- They've already been there and done that...

Watch Zaire's film, he plays big for a QB.. i haven't seen enough from Trask for that comparison, and he's a passing QB, he's not elusive or have the kind of legs zaire has nor is he expected or supposed to be...

Another video I saw from earlier, couldn't really see much difference between Trask and Franks (though Franks' throwing motion is a lot better).

Toney is a waste of time at QB. Significantly shorter and more importantly, wildly inaccurate on a lot of his passes. I mean...throwing uncatchable balls to receivers 5-10 yards down the field towards the sideline.

I watched a vid about 14 minutes long for about 4-5 periods long and i saw Toney miss two throws in a row really bad high and out of bounds on some 10 yard outs on air...

no he's much better than Treon from his film, and beat LSU in the bowl game he started, did some nice things with his arm and legs against a top defense.. He's not bad at all, nothing like treon...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT