ADVERTISEMENT

Spring has sprung....

Man...I have to admit...Insta had wrapped himself up in his tropes so much that it's hardly fun anymore.

I say this in all honesty.

There's no real creativity anymore. No real back-and-forths.

Just...anger...

And repetitive dogmas.

It actually saddens me.

I seriously think Trask is who they want to start.

I seriously think they are worried about the backlash of most questioning "why start a kid who never started before" if things go wrong unrelated to Trask and we take a few W's.

Franks don't sound/look bad but you hear more bad reports of Franks over Trask.

Franks is the modern day Doug Johnson. Full of potential. Can win big games...But something somewhere doesn't always click.

I think you may be right and they start Franks as the safest move. Hey we tried the blue chipper out and it just didn't work out. If they started Trask against Michigan and he played poorly the backlash would be much greater. If Trask does get the start against Michigan he clearly outplayed Franks in practice most likely.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Man...I have to admit...Insta had wrapped himself up in his tropes so much that it's hardly fun anymore.

Just...anger...

And repetitive dogmas.

It actually saddens me.

What a moronic dunny,,, as always...
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

They just released a little more tape Franks is 100% Driskel version 2.0 right now if nothing changes and Toney can't hit the side of a barn. I am really getting a bad feeling about this.

They just released a little more tape Franks is 100% Driskel version 2.0 right now if nothing changes and Toney can't hit the side of a barn. I am really getting a bad feeling about this.

Kee-rist Fevv. Remember when I kept telling the 'sky is falling' crowd to wait for NSD? Well, consider this bit of news.
They haven't even played the Spring game yet.
They haven't gone through the Summer development program yet.
They haven't gone through Fall practice yet.
And 18 of those that will be available in Sept are not even on campus yet.

Now, if there's reason to 'chit and fall back in it' come Sept 4th, then I'll join the rest in a 'dooms-day party,' but until then, try and have a little faith in the entire team. :cool:

Kee-rist Fevv. Remember when I kept telling the 'sky is falling' crowd to wait for NSD? Well, consider this bit of news.
They haven't even played the Spring game yet.
They haven't gone through the Summer development program yet.
They haven't gone through Fall practice yet.
And 18 of those that will be available in Sept are not even on campus yet.

Now, if there's reason to 'chit and fall back in it' come Sept 4th, then I'll join the rest in a 'dooms-day party,' but until then, try and have a little faith in the entire team. :cool:

I agree you have to see what the real deal is in a live game but sometimes you get clues from the practices and the coach speak. The problem with the Spring game is they gear them to make the leading QB look good with the vanilla defense they run etc. but a bad Spring game is a big red flag on a QB because they do that but a good one usually doesn't tell you a whole lot. I tell you who did peg LDR pretty close based on the Spring game despite talking decent about him was the guy that did the NFL scout write up on his performance. He said his weaker arm strength and tendency to throw off his back foot etc. when pressured would probably end up being an issue later on. Some fans that attended the N Texas game said even before the injury happened that he was barely getting away with some of those passes and against SEC competition they would have been picks probably.

Did anyone watch that QB from Orlandos film i posted or know anything about him???

I agree you have to see what the real deal is in a live game but sometimes you get clues from the practices and the coach speak. The problem with the Spring game is they gear them to make the leading QB look good with the vanilla defense they run etc. but a bad Spring game is a big red flag on a QB because they do that but a good one usually doesn't tell you a whole lot. I tell you who did peg LDR pretty close based on the Spring game despite talking decent about him was the guy that did the NFL scout write up on his performance. He said his weaker arm strength and tendency to throw off his back foot etc. when pressured would probably end up being an issue later on. Some fans that attended the N Texas game said even before the injury happened that he was barely getting away with some of those passes and against SEC competition they would have been picks probably.

Fevv, post 2016 Spring game I said that neither of the xfer QB's were good enough to be Gator starter QB's. LDR has a weak arm, and Appleby had happy feet when under pressure. I wanted to suffer with the 2 Fr while they learned and got better for the future (now). Ah well....:rolleyes:

Now, between the two Fr, Trask was the obvious better, or more ready to go QB, with Franks throwing 3 consecutive Ints, plus his HS AA bowl game.
For now, on Friday night we'll see which 'seems' to have improved the most in their first 20 months as Gator QB's.

If Mc has to start LDR or some other retread QB for Mich, then he/they will have shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned. :oops:

Did anyone watch that QB from Orlandos film i posted or know anything about him???
#12 QB-PP Joe Milton 6-5 222 for now.

He fits right in as far as I'm concerned. ;)
(rivals QB rankings)

#3 QB-PP Franks 6-6 219
#12 QB-PP Milton 6-5 222
NR QB-PP Trask 6-4 238 (Nuss/iG 5 Star) :D
#16 QB-PP Allen 6-3 210

W-O QB-PP Sproles 6-2 203
?? QB-PP LDR 6-1 211

Last edited:
I did a little ragging on some Gator 2016 OL'men last year. That seems to no longer be a problem. LT Sharpe has moved on to the NFL draft as an E-D Junior, and Junior RG Tyler Jordan seems to have finally gotten the message, delivered by Mc to end last season. RT/RG Fred Johnson also seems to have picked up his game.
==========

DB-U -- CB/Nic Brian Poole goes from undrafted (NFL's mistake) to starter in the Super Bowl along side 1st Rnd FS Keanu Neal.... Poole played in all 19 games with 11 starts, including the Super Bowl. * Poole said playing in Florida’s secondary prepared him for the NFL.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...lorida-db-brian-poole-calls-rookie-year-crazy

Last edited:
That cant be true. According to the other staff Driskel never threw an incomple pass or intrrception during spring practice.

At least with Mac we know Franks is having trouble with the corner route.Glad Mac is honest with the fans to some degree.

To kinda counter the (triple D) doom's day dweebs, I hope Trask is not the eventual starter.... :rolleyes:

Why? o_O
Because then that little circle of jerks will all either be in Shands mental ward having a group nervous break down,,, or they will all be on top of the bell tower getting ready to jump off to finally put an end their eternal stupidity....

To kinda counter the (triple D) doom's day dweebs, I hope Trask is not the eventual starter.... :rolleyes:

Why? o_O
Because then that little circle of jerks will all either be in Shands mental ward having a group nervous break down,,, or they will all be on top of the bell tower getting ready to jump off to finally put an end their eternal stupidity....

Why would that be the case?

Moving right along....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-tight-end-kemore-gamble-factor

TE Kemore Gamble 6-3 241 Fr-EE - He's expected to get playing time in 2017.
TE Moral Stephens 6-3 249 rsJr - When will they finally be giving him more playing time? As a HS senior playing WR:
Stephens had 56 catches for 1,105 yards and 14 TD's....

I'm calling out Greg Nord on the inability to develop and play Stephens so far.
IMO, the TE position has been a weakness for the last 2 years, not the strength that it should be.

If coach Nord can't coach up Stephens to play TE, then maybe Moral needs to be returned to the WR position? (or maybe a new/better TE-ST's coach is needed to provide better coaching and inspiration?)
The ST's kick coverage units have also under performed the last 2 years.

Nothing personal against coach Nord, but he might have something in common with coach Summers....

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

It's a legitimate question.

If you're going to accuse me of something, you should at least have a reason for it.

You can go on for months about aliens and endless stats but you can't tell me why I would have such a terrible reaction to Trask being the starter? And that seems to imply he would be a good starter, and I'd still be upset for some reason.

You can't give me a reason for that?

It's a legitimate question.
You can't give me a reason for that?

Slow learner confirmed...

Slow learner confirmed...

You claim to be an intellectual, you pontificate often, you have no problem telling everyone your opinion.

You can't answer my question?

You actually typed an entire post about what you thought my opinion was, and now that I'm going quid pro quo, you think the logical response is your juvenile poem?

That's fine, because you think I'm a juvenile, but you surely realize how ridiculous you look not answering a simple question.

You've called me out, I'm playing along, explain your position.

Be the intellectual that you claim to be.

That's all I ask.

And if you can't see how your antics make you look awful and seriously harm your credibility to those that find you credible, then maybe you need to re-evaluate how you conduct yourself.

Just...anger...

And repetitive dogmas.

It actually saddens me.

You can't hug children with nuclear arms.

Florida is not the media darling in the East because the QB position is still unproven and that is why UF will get Zaire in after the spring. Also have a ton of experience, talent and perhaps more importantly leadership to replace on defense.

Reactions: Michi-Gator
Florida is not the media darling in the East because the QB position is still unproven and that is why UF will get Zaire in after the spring. Also have a ton of experience, talent and perhaps more importantly leadership to replace on defense.

You're clueless on both the QB situation and especially on the Gator D.

UGA supposedly has a great rushing attack, and much better RB's (Chubb & Michel) than UF has with (Scarlett, Perine,Thompson). They also have a 5 Star QB in Eason with an experiended upperclassman at backup.

#82 Georgia Rushing S&P = 98.3
#88 Florida's Rushing S&P = 97.5

#53 Florida's Passing S&P = 105.9
#91 Georgia Passing S&P = 91.1

Florida's Offensive S&P = 26.0 - 88th
Gerogia Offensive S&P = 25.3 - 93rd

This year UF's OL will be much better/experienced. They add Lemons and Davis to the RB stable, and either Franks or Trask will be the new QB. I'm betting that UGly takes in on the chin again in the WLOCP.... :p

What's funny to me about those 2016 S&P rankings is this conundrum: :confused:
#8 Tn Rushing S&P
#9 Tn Passing S&P
#28 Offensive S&P
And yet the Head-BJ bumbles his way through another season, while sucking SECe hine-tit again.... :D

For 2017, they have to try to rebuild most of their team. Sr QB gone, RB bailed out on them, etc, etc...

* And that's likely why the media-morons have picked UGly and/or Tn over UF for the SECe-C again... :cool:

You can't answer my question?

What you're missing dunny-goater, is that I have no intention of answering any of your idiot drivel, with anything other than this...

So go peddle your drivel elsewhere... :cool:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dunny+goater

Insta is at the top of GOOGLE when you search on "DUNNY GOATER". Seems as though it's a very seldom used term.

This infighting among Gators is lame.

Danny, for the love of Octavious Gould...stop instigating insta. He seems to take message board college football banter quite seriously.

Reactions: sadgator
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dunny+goater

Insta is at the top of GOOGLE when you search on "DUNNY GOATER". Seems as though it's a very seldom used term.

This infighting among Gators is lame.

Danny, for the love of Octavious Gould...stop instigating insta. He seems to take message board college football banter quite seriously.

I thought it was a pretty reasonable question.

Shouldn't be difficult to answer.

I thought it was a pretty reasonable question.
Shouldn't be difficult to answer.

And I've already told that this is the only answer you're going to get, about anything.
You don't like or accept that as an answer, I don't G-a-S about you, or what you want, or like, or what you claim to think... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT