ADVERTISEMENT

Spring has sprung....

Lol old man Insta at it again.

I bet your "wife" likes to anally prove you while Trask yourself.

And seriously? Pretend that you didn't bias the hell out of that QB comparison.

Let me guess though:

"insults and zzzzzzzzz"

Sounding like Toney isn't looking too good at QB passing the ball despite the coach talk. I think other teams not wanting him at QB was probably a clue and he needs to switch positions to WR so he can see if he can get on the field early or not.

Sounding like Toney isn't looking too good at QB passing the ball despite the coach talk. I think other teams not wanting him at QB was probably a clue and he needs to switch positions to WR so he can see if he can get on the field early or not.

Fev, if you listen closely to what Mc has said, he's looking to maybe use Toney the way they wanted to use Dre last season. Toney can do everything that Dre can do, plus he'd be better at throwing and optional pass or if they use an occasional wildcat package.

I don't think that many would have expected him to win the starting QB job at UF, but he might be able to fill a multiple position 'Harvin' kind of role for Mc-Nuss.

Burton and Reed were not really expected to be starting QB's either, but they both filled in solid spots anyway, and both went on to the NFL. I see Toney being able to do much the same at different positions.

Watching the little video they release of Franks it still has me nervous about him. Loves to gun the ball high on those shorter to short mid range passes which will result in some dangerous situations with the ball bounced in the air and reading through the lines of the sugar coated coach speak he is still struggling with reading defenses.

JMOHO of course, but it's Trask, Franks. or an outside chance for Allen in 2017. Any of those three over the other 3 possibilities, (LDR-Toney-Sproles)

LDR played with 2 injured shoulders in 2016, and there's two ways to slice that loaf imo: o_O
1. He's 'a real tough kid' and so he kept on playing anyway, while not complaining to the coaches.
2. He's 'a selfish me-first kid' that wanted to keep starting, even though it was hurting the team.
Charitable 'coach-speak' in the Spring is okay, as long as it doesn't carry over to poor coaching decisions in the Fall.... :cool:

LDR is going to be a real nice experienced backup in 2017, that's got a pretty good shot at being a coach at some level one day, and there's nothing wrong with that. However -- IF LDR is the best QB by the coming 3rd of Sept, then the Gators have real problems in either recruiting QB's, or coaching up QB's, or both. :confused:

IF LDR does get named the starter for 2017, and then takes the Gator's to a win in the SEC-C, then I'll happily eat my massive crow dinner, along with about 90+% of the rest of the Gator Nation fans....:oops: --- But if Mc-Nuss starts LDR again and he 'screws the pooch,' then they will both be eating 'road-side Armadillo on the half-shell,' on their way outta town.... :D

Leading walkons so far for 2017 Spring:
WO LB Christian Garcia 6-1 231 rsSr (started in 2016 Outback Bowl)
WO OG Tanner Rowell 6-2 275 rsFr (putting on weight, Legacy-OL Tony Rowell)
How much playing time either gets in the rotations is yet to be seen.
==========

I watch his Hudl HS film, read this article, and then hoped he'd play in 2016,,, but we got Rio-Apple instead. :rolleyes:

The job is wide open again for 2017, so we'll see which QB can progress the most and win the job by Sept. o_O -- First preview coming soon in the O&B.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...sk-could-become-first-rate-talent-for-florida

Sounds like Franks is still having a few issues. Not sure what Trask did poorly but Franks threw a few picks in the scrimmage it appears.

Mac's presser today. Not a whole lot in there considering how long it was.

A few points were Zuniga stood out on defense and he thinks the O line is starting to make strides with some players bringing more urgency.

He was asked to say what he thought of Franks and Trask in the scrimmage and avoided breaking it down by each player like he was asked to. He said the deep throws were pretty good and Cleveland made a nice deep catch. He said the intermediate throws had some poor throws and we were sloppy with the ball a few times in the red zone but did get some production in the red zone.

"We should pay less attention to someone who throws a pretty deep ball and more attention to someone who throws an effective 12-yard out. It means that sticking the throw down the seam over the linebackers without getting the tight end killed, or delivering the ball accurately, predicts success. Hopefully Jim McElwain and his staff decide who the starter will be based on who can consistently hit the 12-yard out." -- SEC-Country

HS Senior Seasons:
Trask 6-4 238 --- 73.4% - Yds/Att 11.9 - Yds/Comp 16.1
Toney 5-10 190 --- 70.6% - Yds/Att 11.5 - Yds/comp 16.3
Del-Rio 6-1 210 - 70.2% - Yds/Att 8.9 -- Yds/comp 12.7
Allen 6-3 200 --- 60.9% - Yds/Att 9.0 -- Yds/Comp 14.7
Franks 6-6 219 -- 58.9% - Yds/Att 12.0 - Yds/Comp 20.3
(use your own personal bias to take your pick)

"Trask is accurate and an unknown. The question is whether he can make decisions fast enough in the SEC with such limited playing time." -- SEC-Country

Each different eye, will each see things differently when looking at stats.
(the SEC-C writer has an obvious bias for Toney which is ok, we all have biased opinions)While we all have our own bias, few will ever admit to having any bias at all...

Whichever QB starts, the Gator QB roster has apparently impressed at least one guy recently.
2019 WR Frank Ladson Jr 6-4 200 **** S.Dade HS, Miami. 3-25-17
He has joined S Jaleel McRae ***** and DT Jaquaze Sorrells in the 2019 class.
==============

Friday 1st Scrimmage - Mc comments:

Both QB's (Franks/Trask) doing well, but somebody threw a redzone Int?
Tackles are doing well as was expected. The interior OL is quickly developing. Mc mentioned T.Jordan, TJ McCoy, B.Heggie, N.Buchanan, and F.Johnson.

DE Jabari Zuniga rsSo - "Turning into a dominate force on the DL."
DE/DT CeCe has lost weight, increased quickness, and is mostly playing DE.
LB Kylan Johnson rsSo - "Get's after it, really does good things."
CB Chauncey Gardener So - "Is playing really well."
CB Duke Dawson Sr - Doing a good job and is comfortable back at corner."
Both Sr Safeties (M.Harris & N.Washington) are doing very well.

With most of the new class (18) arriving in the summer, it will be late in Aug before the positions settle out, especially the depth chart.

Apparently Franks is not too good with the intermediate stuff and still wants to gun it and throws it high many times. Trask threw a stupid pick the other day also but you will have that sometimes.

We might end up in a situation where we will be regretting not getting Zaire if this QB situation doesn't improve. If Zaire does end up here I think it does mean Mac doesn't trust his situation at QB or he wouldn't bother bringing him here possibly delaying the development of the RS Freshman.

I'd be fine with taking Milton in the 2018 class.

Play rsFr Franks and/or rsFr Trask in 2017.

If neither can get and keep the job, then let rsFr Allen and Fr Milton battle for it in 2018.

In any case, no more QB retread xfers, please... :cool:
==========

Now, on to the empty beer can logic..... :confused:

Of course the phootball genius' here will tell you that freshmen QB's can't play in the SEC. Never have been successful, and never will be successful. I guess that means that neither Allen nor Milton can play in 2018.

Of course by 2019, Franks and Trask would both be rsJr's, so then they would be the 'cats meow' as upperclassmen QB's, and finally be ready to set the world on fire.... o_O

Then by 2021 both Allen and Milton would finally be ready to play... ;)
(curious-er and curious-er) :rolleyes:

Who has ever made the argument that freshmen QB's can't play well? Or are you so dense that you can't distinguish the difference between most freshmen QB's and a QB that couldn't even start on his own HS team? Yea it would have been a great idea to throw him out onto the field. Believing Trask wasn't ready and believing another freshmen wouldn't have been ready is two different things. Pretty sure if Chris Leak or Tebow was on this team nobody would have an issue with them starting as true freshmen. The entire fan base wanted Leak to start when he was a freshman. But your man crush on Trask won't allow you to use any common sense. But then sense ain't all that common.

Reactions: nail1988
Piecing together all I have read for a year-plus now it seems like neither Franks not Trask are the solution in the minds of our coaches. I think if they are truly close in talent Franks will get the nod, their seems to be hesitation about the fact Trask has limited game experience at any level and it seems like the players are responding significantly better to Franks. As for Allen, we offered and he accepted very, very early, I don't think he is Mac's future QB. I look for us to get through this year and I expect we may see a true frosh starting next year. Right now Milton seems like the best bet to land here but it seems like after the unrealistic Emory Jones offer, Mac is hardest after the kid verbally committed to PSU, the Fields kid. That seems to be the ine Mac is really, really after. If he flips him I could definately see him with a very legitimate shot at being the starter in '18. Just my opinion based off reading many different sources

Piecing together all I have read for a year-plus now it seems like neither Franks not Trask are the solution in the minds of our coaches.

They're both going to suck. Book it. I'm less pessimistic about Allen. All in all, I'm optimistic about the program, but we've got to find a qb. 9 years and counting? 10?

I seriously think Trask is who they want to start.

I seriously think they are worried about the backlash of most questioning "why start a kid who never started before" if things go wrong unrelated to Trask and we take a few W's.

Franks don't sound/look bad but you hear more bad reports of Franks over Trask.

Franks is the modern day Doug Johnson. Full of potential. Can win big games...But something somewhere doesn't always click.

Reactions: Gator Fever

I seriously think they are worried about the backlash of most questioning "why start a kid who never started before" if things go wrong unrelated to Trask and we take a few W's.

Franks is the modern day Doug Johnson. Full of potential. Can win big games...But something somewhere doesn't always click.

I have read several articles saying Trask looks like the man UNTIL a real, live defense is put out there and then things get too fast for him

I think they'd start Trask if he really separated himself, but the situation you outlined definitely happens at big programs. Boosters ain't gonna be mad if you start the hot shot recruit and he turns out a bust and loses games. They'll just say "hey everybody wanted this kid too who could have seen that coming!?" But if you start the kid that couldn't start at his own HS and loses games? All hell breaks lose. Not saying it's the case here but politics go into starting decisions sometimes. For me I don't care who starts produce or GTFO. They've had three years it doesn't take that long anymore.

I'd be fine with taking Milton in the 2018 class.

Play rsFr Franks and/or rsFr Trask in 2017.

If neither can get and keep the job, then let rsFr Allen and Fr Milton battle for it in 2018.

In any case, no more QB retread xfers, please... :cool:
==========

Now, on to the empty beer can logic..... :confused:

Of course the phootball genius' here will tell you that freshmen QB's can't play in the SEC. Never have been successful, and never will be successful. I guess that means that neither Allen nor Milton can play in 2018.

Of course by 2019, Franks and Trask would both be rsJr's, so then they would be the 'cats meow' as upperclassmen QB's, and finally be ready to set the world on fire.... o_O

Then by 2021 both Allen and Milton would finally be ready to play... ;)
(curious-er and curious-er) :rolleyes:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

I think they'd start Trask if he really separated himself, but the situation you outlined definitely happens at big programs. Boosters ain't gonna be mad if you start the hot shot recruit and he turns out a bust and loses games. They'll just say "hey everybody wanted this kid too who could have seen that coming!?" But if you start the kid that couldn't start at his own HS and loses games? All hell breaks lose. Not saying it's the case here but politics go into starting decisions sometimes. For me I don't care who starts produce or GTFO. They've had three years it doesn't take that long anymore.

Wys is what I'm going with. Spot on..

All trolling aside, I'd actually kinda prefer Trask. If you'll recall I just wasn't that high on Franks...weird delivery, not that accurate, and always throwing interceptions. To me he was that typical camp superstar with all the tools supposedly who melts down in real games. And I know it ain't fair to pull too much from a spring game but his performance was honestly the worst I've ever seen on any level. What was it...3 INT's in 4 pass attempts? Yuck. The only downside to Trask starting is that Insta's posts would be even more obnoxious so for now I'd be fine with Franks or Del Rio :p:D

Reactions: TennesseeGator
All trolling aside, I'd actually kinda prefer Trask. If you'll recall I just wasn't that high on Franks...weird delivery, not that accurate, and always throwing interceptions. To me he was that typical camp superstar with all the tools supposedly who melts down in real games. And I know it ain't fair to pull too much from a spring game but his performance was honestly the worst I've ever seen on any level. What was it...3 INT's in 4 pass attempts? Yuck. The only downside to Trask starting is that Insta's posts would be even more obnoxious so for now I'd be fine with Franks or Del Rio :p:D
I'd be happy with his glory posts as long as the guy starting wins us many ball games.

Who has ever made the argument that freshmen QB's can't play well? Or are you so dense that you can't distinguish the difference between most freshmen QB's and a QB that couldn't even start on his own HS team? Yea it would have been a great idea to throw him out onto the field. Believing Trask wasn't ready and believing another freshmen wouldn't have been ready is two different things. Pretty sure if Chris Leak or Tebow was on this team nobody would have an issue with them starting as true freshmen. The entire fan base wanted Leak to start when he was a freshman. But your man crush on Trask won't allow you to use any common sense. But then sense ain't all that common.

Leak did start as a tFr, while his competition (Ingle Martin) xferred out and started elsewhere, before going on for his own shot in the NFL.
Tebow however, couldn't beat out the starter and so didn't start until he was a Soph. And you're FoS again and as usual.

I wanted either Trask or Franks to start as tFr instead of either retread QB. Not because the team would have necessarily been any better in 2016, but because they would be much farther ahead to begin 2017. I was looking at the future instead of just wanting to mark time in 2016. Mc seemed to think that he needed to do as well as possible in 2016 to solidify his job, and with twits like you and a few others calling the coaching staff bad hires, he might have very well been correct in doing so. :cool:
=======

Dense you claim? Looked in a mirror lately, or is your head also nailed-to-da-flor like your dust bowl choker butt-boy? :rolleyes:

Trask's path to Florida:
Shannon saw him first while he was in Tx at Manvel HS to scout a DB, (that eventually committed to aTm). Shannon was impressed enough with Trask to tell Nuss to go get a look at him, which Nuss did.

Trask threw in front of Florida coaches 4 times before receiving his offer in July. His 4th workout came at Friday Night Lights, winning over coach Jim McElwain and OC Doug Nussmeier. They offered him the following morning. On his way driving back to Tx, Kyle registered his commit to UF and then he early enrolled.

Zach from SEC Country -- "Trask was the story of the spring last year with a strong showing in the Orange & Blue Debut, receiving high praise from his teammates."
> And that is partly why I would have picked him over Franks in 2016. <
Both still redshirted in 2016 but know it was needed for their development. (yeah, maybe)
I saw both LDR and Happybe as a waste of development time for the 2 EE freshmen, and I still do.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ask-now-competing-for-starting-job-at-florida

If Franks or Trask can't get it done in 2017, then Allen and Milton will get their 1st shot at the job in 2018. The strong armed Milton is currently the #12 QB-PP in the 247Sports Composite. He and Allen will be good competition for each other if they get Milton.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/stock-continues-rise-gators-qb-target-joe-milton

PS
And your own 'Man-Crush' on me is showing yet again... o_O

Last edited:
Too bad that neither Trask nor Franks have any real college game experience...sadgator is certain that our coaches will be quick to remind us of this in the fall if either (or both) of them fail to produce.

Sad, 20 months at UF in the system, plus 2 O&B games under their belts, against one of the best defenses in the nation, does not add up to no college experience in my book. Game day as a starter is another step for them, but it's not 'A Giant Leap for Manking' kind of step. It's not like they will be just arriving in this summer and then going straight into a college game. If the coaches don't have those 2 guys ready to play by Sept. then that's on them for recruiting them and coaching them.

If at least one of the two (Franks/Trask) can't get it done, then Mc-Nuss are going to have to OWN IT. Personally, I think that one or both will be ready to go by then, but we'll see...

Leak did start as a tFr, while his competition (Ingle Martin) xferred out and started elsewhere, before going on for his own shot in the NFL.
Tebow however, couldn't beat out the starter and so didn't start until he was a Soph. And you're FoS again and as usual.

I wanted either Trask or Franks to start as tFr instead of either retread QB. Not because the team would have necessarily been any better in 2016, but because they would be much farther ahead to begin 2017. I was looking at the future instead of just wanting to mark time in 2016. Mc seemed to think that he needed to do as well as possible in 2016 to solidify his job, and with twits like you and a few others calling the coaching staff bad hires, he might have very well been correct in doing so. :cool:
=======

Dense you claim? Looked in a mirror lately, or is your head also nailed-to-da-flor like your dust bowl choker butt-boy? :rolleyes:

Trask's path to Florida:
Shannon saw him first while he was in Tx at Manvel HS to scout a DB, (that eventually committed to aTm). Shannon was impressed enough with Trask to tell Nuss to go get a look at him, which Nuss did.

Trask threw in front of Florida coaches 4 times before receiving his offer in July. His 4th workout came at Friday Night Lights, winning over coach Jim McElwain and OC Doug Nussmeier. They offered him the following morning. On his way driving back to Tx, Kyle registered his commit to UF and then he early enrolled.

Zach from SEC Country -- "Trask was the story of the spring last year with a strong showing in the Orange & Blue Debut, receiving high praise from his teammates."
> And that is partly why I would have picked him over Franks in 2016. <
Both still redshirted in 2016 but know it was needed for their development. (yeah, maybe)
I saw both LDR and Happybe as a waste of development time for the 2 EE freshmen, and I still do.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ask-now-competing-for-starting-job-at-florida

If Franks or Trask can't get it done in 2017, then Allen and Milton will get their 1st shot at the job in 2018. The strong armed Milton is currently the #12 QB-PP in the 247Sports Composite. He and Allen will be good competition for each other if they get Milton.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/stock-continues-rise-gators-qb-target-joe-milton

PS
And your own 'Man-Crush' on me is showing yet again... o_O

LOL. See what I mean Tennessee? Just insufferable.

And I don't get why you can't be honest about Trask. Before he even played in the O&B game you were hyping him up based on what Nuss had to say about him being better than any 5-star (which is a joke btw if they felt that way they wouldn't have been chasing QB's like Eason despite having two committed already) and other irrelevant shit like him being an Eagle Scout. So you wanted him to start long before then, the O&B game just gave you more ammo. Why not own it?

And FTR, I said last year I'd have been willing to go 7-5 or 8-4 with one of the freshmen too. Like hell I'd wanted Del Rio or Appleby starting and I knew all the hype about Del Rio being better than Grier was just that...hype. If he was that good he wouldn't have been on his third school. So you're wrong in thinking the coaches would have took any heat from me if they had started the freshmen and had some losses. I've asked for two things from this staff since they've been here...recruit better and fix that shit offense. The latter has been my only consistent gripe. You'd know that if you actually took time to read instead of just inventing strawmen in every post so you can knock them down.

And I don't get why you can't be honest about Trask. Before he even played in the O&B game you were hyping him up based on what Nuss had to say about him being better than any 5-star (which is a joke btw if they felt that way they wouldn't have been chasing QB's like Eason despite having two committed already) and other irrelevant shit like him being an Eagle Scout. So you wanted him to start long before then, the O&B game just gave you more ammo. Why not own it?

And FTR, I said last year I'd have been willing to go 7-5 or 8-4 with one of the freshmen too. Like hell I'd wanted Del Rio or Appleby starting and I knew all the hype about Del Rio being better than Grier was just that...hype. If he was that good he wouldn't have been on his third school. So you're wrong in thinking the coaches would have took any heat from me if they had started the freshmen and had some losses. I've asked for two things from this staff since they've been here...recruit better and fix that shit offense. The latter has been my only consistent gripe. You'd know that if you actually took time to read instead of just inventing strawmen in every post so you can knock them down.

Well done.

I can't possibly be insufferable, because can't wait to get in here and suffer some more, while you slurp up on TG's back-patting opinions.... :confused:

Wrong yet again ooozziiieeee, Shannon picked him out for Nuss. Then Nuss's evaluation was that "He's as good or better than any 5 star rated QB that I've scouted, (which included UGA's Eason). Then he came to FNL's and was a stand-out. Then Mc offered him and he accepted. That's when I watched his film on Hudl, and that's what impressed me the most. o_O
Then he played in the O&B game and confirmed for me what I had long suspected. :cool:

But I'm always known what a total flaming A-hole you and a few others here are,,, so why not just go ahead and own it??? :rolleyes: After all, you've already admitted that your hatefulness towards Trask is because I have liked him as a QB from the very beginning. Talk about a chit-4-brains BIAS on your part!

Others can buy into your own revisionist history on your bs opinions, but I'm not. You are one of the 3-4 most Gator negative posters on this board, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Mc-staff took what was left of a cluster-ph roster on offense, left behind by your musclecramp, and won consecutive SECe-C's with them, which is something that WM couldn't do even once in 4 seasons. The results of their recruiting has produced a 19-8 record, (20-8 without a hurricane cancel).

Recruiting Reality vs Star or Class Rankings.
WM high rankings = 0 SECe-C's
JM low rankings = B-2-B SECe-C's and 1 SEC CoY Award.

Now with a Top 10 Class coming off a 30-3 win over the team that beat Mich in Nov. just as I said it would be, while you and others couldn't wait to get here EVERY DAY and rag some more on the class ranking before NSD.

Taking some time....
You keep on screaming for someone to TURN ON THE LIGHTS,,, :confused:
while I keep on telling you that the Sun has risen, so open your curtains. o_O

LOL way to prove people right about you once again. Any perceived hate from me towards Trask is just that...your perception. Just like this thread shows, I bag on Trask to troll you because you're such easy bait. And if I'm negative what does that make you? One of us accused the coaches of playing favorites with the QB competition and then ran around calling the coaches incompetent while throwing tantrums saying Trask should transfer somewhere where he'd have a 'fair' shot. One of us called the coaches idiots for playing the transfer QB's. One of us threatened sarcastically (although you'd probably do it) to start up a 'fireMcNuss.com' site if they brought in another transfer QB. Guess who did all that?

See truth is you run around here like you're Mr. Superfan when you're really just a know-nothing clown who only supports the coaches when they make decisions you want them to make. You're too dumb to play both sides so you might as well keep being transparent.

LOL way to prove people right about you once again. Any perceived hate from me towards Trask is just that...your perception. Just like this thread shows, I bag on Trask to troll you because you're such easy bait. And if I'm negative what does that make you? One of us accused the coaches of playing favorites with the QB competition and then ran around calling the coaches incompetent while throwing tantrums saying Trask should transfer somewhere where he'd have a 'fair' shot. One of us called the coaches idiots for playing the transfer QB's. One of us threatened sarcastically (although you'd probably do it) to start up a 'fireMcNuss.com' site if they brought in another transfer QB. Guess who did all that?

See truth is you run around here like you're Mr. Superfan when you're really just a know-nothing clown who only supports the coaches when they make decisions you want them to make. You're too dumb to play both sides so you might as well keep being transparent.

I've never thrown a tantrums of any kind, like the one's that you constantly direct at me. :rolleyes: (just like now) :cool:

I've seen dogs chase their tails many times in my life, but not a one of them as a single thing on you, and you don't even seem to get dizzy while you're doing it. :confused:

But yes, I agree that you are a troll, or a tool, or more likely both, but I'm a bit surprised that you're so comfortable with it. Even seem proud of it. o_O

I never claimed to be many of the things that you trolls have falsely accused me of being. I'm not Mother Theresa, nor an I Attila the Hun. I'm just a long time Gator fan with my own opinions, which I usually try to back up with stats and/or facts. (while your type just blows unsupported chit outta your punk butt)

So far, I seem to have been correct about everything I've said in the last 2 years about the QB's. :p

1. The 'fix' was in early on LDR. (Jak and Lil' Bill)
2. It was always going to be either him or Happybe in 2016.
3. Both were and are marginal, game manager type QB's at best.
4. IF they bring in another retread QB instead of playing either Franks, Trask, or Allen, then at least 2 of them should get the hellouttadodge IMO.
5. IF that happens, then I will consider the site.

You wouldn't recognize truth if it ran right over your dumb-azz... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT