ADVERTISEMENT

Shavar Manuel didn't qualify at FSU???

My question is how does anyone not qualify for Deion Rule Clown-U???? :D

They must have run out of tutors, which is also surprising.... :cool:

And now we might also know the reason behind him bailing out on his UF commit.... :confused:

But hey, don't his recruit ranking stars count for anything anymore? :rolleyes:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I thought we were told he had no academic hurdles that needed to be cleared?? That is what FSU fans have been saying since NSD. They obviously didn't know as much as they thought.

No sympathy for him after what he did to UF with Jimbo's support and approval. It tells you all you need to know about the character of both of them. But to not be able to get into FSU? Wow that takes some effort....or rather lack of effort and brains.

It's actually about the same for a scholarship athlete to get make it into UF or FSU. You must be confusing the acceptance rate for regular students. That is totally different. If he didn't qualify for UF, he wouldn't qualify for Fsu. But why am I not surprised most fans don't even know that? Even though it's public knowledge on both teams websites.

I thought we were told he had no academic hurdles that needed to be cleared?? That is what FSU fans have been saying since NSD. They obviously didn't know as much as they thought.

It was common knowledge that he was questionable on if he was going to make it. Nobody was counting on him. The funny part is that some gator fans think it's harder to get into Florida as a scholarship athlete than it is Florida state.

Fsu still finished with a better DT class than Florida, without him qualifying. That's what is sad.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
It was common knowledge that he was questionable on if he was going to make it. Nobody was counting on him. The funny part is that some gator fans think it's harder to get into Florida as a scholarship athlete than it is Florida state.

Fsu still finished with a better DT class than Florida, without him qualifying. That's what is sad.
No, what's really sad is the inability to recognize when somebody is jacking with you.....but hey, chin up, most nolies are right there with you.....

Not necessarily. He was 290lbs. They would have played him outside as well if he got his weight down, but he was mainly a DT.

Fisher and Lawing both said on NSD that he was coming in as a DE. Doesn't make a difference now though.

Fisher and Lawing both said on NSD that he was coming in as a DE. Doesn't make a difference now though.

IF he got his weight down. They were going to use him like they will AIME. Inside and out. It doesn't matter, you are correct. Shavar is not a make or break when you are recruiting like they are.

Last edited:
You clearly no nothing about the UF Admissions office.

Seems the poster "knows" the admission office well enough to provide a link to verify his contention. I "no" you will provide one soon as well to support yours, as I am interested in determining the correct answer.

Reactions: goldmom
Seems the poster "knows" the admission office well enough to provide a link to verify his contention. I "no" you will provide one soon as well to support yours, as I am interested in determining the correct answer.
Wow, awesome....actually it seems the poster can do a google search....maybe you should jump in and help him out in his search for the "truth"....man it's easy...you guys just jump right into the boat...

You clearly no nothing about the UF Admissions office.

It is a FRESHMAN minimum requirement. If you think a scholarship athlete has to have better grades or test scores than that to be admitted to UF, you are mistaken. It's all available on both teams websites. What most people confuse is with the average freshman student must have to get in as a regular student. That is much higher for UF. But for athletes, they just need freshman minimum's. Which is follows;

Each school requires 16 core academic units.
4 English. 4 math. 3 natural science. 3 social science. 2 foreign language. = 16. Same for both Schools.

Next;

SAT Minimums:
Critical reading - UF-460. FSU-500
Mathematics - UF-460. FSU-500
Writing - UF- 440 FSU- 500

(Read the fine print in the link below and you will see UF is changing their SAT requirements to match FSU's in fall of 2017). It's noted in the link.

ACT MIN:
Reading- UF - 19. FSU - 22
Math- UF - 19. FSU - 21.
English / Writing - UF -19 FSU - 21

I will link below from the UF website. It's all laid out by UF in the link. Scholarship football players fall under the freshman min requirements.

http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frqualify.html

Basically all this means if an athlete can't qualify for one school, he can't for the other. This notion that UF is like Stanford or Notre Dame is hilarious. Now, their general acceptance is higher than FSU and they are rated overall much better educationally. But for athletes, it's pretty much a wash. Just a generic state school minimum.

It is all in the interpretation. The UF admissions office is well known for flagging incoming freshmen transcripts that have not been flagged at other places, including fsu.

It is all in the interpretation. The UF admissions office is well known for flagging incoming freshmen transcripts that have not been flagged at other places, including fsu.

Wait, you're saying the UF admissions office does not use the published athlete admission standards? There are also waivers to be applied in special cases, like learning disabilities, but I'd sure like to know names of UF flagged athletes that were accepted at FSU.

I can't believe Lawing let it out there that he was telling the kid to tell UF anything they wanted to hear. Kind of an unprofessional thing for a coach to be saying.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I can't believe Lawing let it out there that he was telling the kid to tell UF anything they wanted to hear. Kind of an unprofessional thing for a coach to be saying.

Believe it. I'm told that sometimes even mislead, hide facts, speak ill of others, and misrepresent in recruiting these players.

It is a FRESHMAN minimum requirement. If you think a scholarship athlete has to have better grades or test scores than that to be admitted to UF, you are mistaken. It's all available on both teams websites. What most people confuse is with the average freshman student must have to get in as a regular student. That is much higher for UF. But for athletes, they just need freshman minimum's. Which is follows;

Each school requires 16 core academic units.
4 English. 4 math. 3 natural science. 3 social science. 2 foreign language. = 16. Same for both Schools.

Next;

SAT Minimums:
Critical reading - UF-460. FSU-500
Mathematics - UF-460. FSU-500
Writing - UF- 440 FSU- 500

(Read the fine print in the link below and you will see UF is changing their SAT requirements to match FSU's in fall of 2017). It's noted in the link.

ACT MIN:
Reading- UF - 19. FSU - 22
Math- UF - 19. FSU - 21.
English / Writing - UF -19 FSU - 21

I will link below from the UF website. It's all laid out by UF in the link. Scholarship football players fall under the freshman min requirements.

http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frqualify.html
First off your numbers above are not correct. Secondly, you are correct in that UF and FSU are very similar in what an incoming ATHLETE needs to qualify. Remember, it's different from the mins posted on either website. Starting next year the min SAT at UF is a 1000, it's different for athletes. UF admissions office is famous for flagging in coming athletes. SOS complained about this.

Deion Rules were instituted for which school again, I forget.... :cool:

What's on paper/file is not always the same as actual application,
UF also has no 'Chair Stacking' classes... :rolleyes:

• Florida averaged an NCAA Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 85.2 percent since it started 11 years ago — the second-highest in the league over that time frame. The Gator athletic program is the only league school to place 100 or more student-athletes on SEC Academic Honor Rolls each of the last 19 years. Under Foley, UF student-athletes have been honored as Academic All-Americans 105 times, the highest total among sitting athletics directors and fifth best in the nation since 1992. :p

Deion Rules were instituted for which school again, I forget.... :cool:

What's on paper/file is not always the same as actual application,
UF also has no 'Chair Stacking' classes... :rolleyes:

• Florida averaged an NCAA Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 85.2 percent since it started 11 years ago — the second-highest in the league over that time frame. The Gator athletic program is the only league school to place 100 or more student-athletes on SEC Academic Honor Rolls each of the last 19 years. Under Foley, UF student-athletes have been honored as Academic All-Americans 105 times, the highest total among sitting athletics directors and fifth best in the nation since 1992. :p

Wow, this poster has zero reading comp. Not a single line this poster types in that response relates to admissions for athletes.

Multiple sources inform Noles247 that Florida State 2016 four-star linebacker Keion Joyner is not going to be academically eligible to enroll at FSU and will instead attend Fort Scott Community College in Kansas.

Multiple sources inform Noles247 that Florida State 2016 four-star linebacker Keion Joyner is not going to be academically eligible to enroll at FSU and will instead attend Fort Scott Community College in Kansas.
I can understand if a kid can't get into a school for academic reasons, but not getting into f$u is like not getting into the local Tally Community College.

GO Canes!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I can understand if a kid can't get into a school for academic reasons, but not getting into f$u is like not getting into the local Tally Community College.

GO Canes!

It's probably more difficult to get into FSU today than it was to get into Miami back whenever you attended.

Wow, this poster has zero reading comp. Not a single line this poster types in that response relates to admissions for athletes.

My reading comp is in question, but not your own??? wtf?

What's on paper/file - is not always the same as actual application,
(applies to both admissions and retaining eligibility) UF also has no 'Chair Stacking' classes... :rolleyes:

The GSR applies to this; did those that were admitted do well academically, reaffirming their initial qualifications to be allowed admissions >>> as Gator Student/athletes?
At Clown-U it's more often the student/ATHLETES.... o_O

Believe it. I'm told that sometimes even mislead, hide facts, speak ill of others, and misrepresent in recruiting these players.

Note that Fever said it was unprofessional to be SAYING that. He didn't say anything about DOING it.

Doing it isn't unprofessional. Merely unethical.

GO Canes!

And if you can't get into TCC, there's always Miami with their remedial Frank Gore admitting academic minimums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT