ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Well that's what most staffs would do. Not us though, we're down two assistants already, pulling coaches off the trail with no replacement, and then asking recruits to 'trust we'll have a good coach' when they ask who the hell is gonna be coaching their position. It's dumb.
And some Gator fans wonder why Locksley stayed at Abalama....let's see....stable situation vs.....um...not so stable. A coach with half a brain can see the stuffing just falling out of the roster. Why would you put yourself in that situation as an established coach?

Our class is outside the top 25...in year 3. If we can't recruit now after our 'success' winning the East two years in a row idk when we ever will. But I bet all our guys are underrated gems though

Even the recruiting sunshine pumpers are turning on Mac now. It will take a mini miracle to even be top 15 now and that is mediocre in the SEC.

You know its getting bad when some of the pay sites are letting people really vent now against Mac before deleting it and even pointing out what they have heard personally from people about our staff not following up on blue chip recruits that had interest that have now went and committed to other teams as a result. This crap show needs to end after this upcoming season.

The two SEC appearances are doing nothing for us. Missouri went to two before us in a crappy SEC East and now they really suck. We seem to be following their lead right now looking at the recruiting.

Last edited:
1474771932_092516c01-ut-uf-1204_t1070_h1a8afa7b38fee98a33566ef0d168374c64dc5815.jpg

Reactions: onlyVol and MMAAP
Doom, Despair, Pain & Ag-go-knee.... :(
NSD has already come and gone and UF only had 14 LOI's... :confused:

Twitter, was that actually designed for the Twits, or did that just happen anyway? :D

All of the genius types including many of you dweebs, predicted 'at best' 15 wins for Mc in his first 2 seasons in the SEC, with not even a ghost of a chance of going to hotlanta. Funny how all of you can now just ignore or trivialize the 20 wins, 1 SEC CoY and 2 SECe-C's, while you try to vilify the Gators coaching staff and/or McElwain.

I figure that you're all just really pissed-off at him for showing you all up for the clueless idiots that your predictions have proven you to be... :p

Now tell us all about your predictions over the years so we can see who the real 'twit' is.

Now tell us all about your predictions over the years so we can see who the real 'twit' is.

Thanks for admitting that I'm correct, but I'll pass on your attempt to deflect things by throwing more of your usual confetti bs into the air... :rolleyes:

You want to make some accusation or slur on me, do it all on your own... :cool:

Wow...insta STILL defending this mess...I mean you'd think even he would see the obvious after a while...guess he is sticking to his narrative no matter what. At least when the program is completely burned down, we can relive the glory of back-to-back SECe "titles"...

Reactions: MMAAP
Correct about what? You remember others predictions but can't remember any of your own failed ones? I wonder why that is? I wouldn't expect you to own any of that though when you've been caught lying on here multiple times.

Reactions: djegators
Wow...insta STILL defending this mess...I mean you'd think even he would see the obvious after a while...guess he is sticking to his narrative no matter what. At least when the program is completely burned down, we can relive the glory of back-to-back SECe "titles"...

While I doubt that you'll ever admit to the demonstrated obvious.... o_O

I don't need to defend anything with opinions, all I need do is list the actual facts.

Mc-Recruiting - #91 >> #21 >> #12 >> ?NSD?

2015 Prediction -- 5-7 wins, #5 SECe >> 10 wins, SECe-C, SEC CoY

2016 Prediciton -- 6-8 wins, #3 SECe >> 10 wins, SECe-C, UF 30 - 3 Iowa

Correct about what? You remember others predictions but can't remember any of your own failed ones? I wonder why that is? I wouldn't expect you to own any of that though when you've been caught lying on here multiple times.

Correct that you'll always throw confetti instead of addressing your own idiocy.
Attempting to deflect to me is the admission on your part. (to subtle huh?)
While I never need to wonder about you, you're always rather obvious.

As to lying, your opinions don't affect me or those reading here with a functioning brain. I've been incorrect here many times since 1999, but I've never intentionally lied about anything. This chit ain't important enough to cause me to lie about it, so FU too. :p

Last edited:
Oh. So you didn't make up rankings for recruits and then when called on it reverted to "these were my own personal rankings"? Because that's just one recent example.

i kind of feel bad for people defending it at this point, it's like it's their dad coaching the team or something.. Everyone can see when damage is done, even people that don't care that much will look at the rankings and be like......where.... is... Florida, oh. wut

Oh. So you didn't make up rankings for recruits and then when called on it reverted to "these were my own personal rankings"? Because that's just one recent example.

Deflect, Deflect, Deflect, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i kind of feel bad for people defending it at this point, it's like it's their dad coaching the team or something.. Everyone can see when damage is done, even people that don't care that much will look at the rankings and be like......where.... is... Florida, oh. wut

When Mc arrived with 1 month to recruit: #91 with 6 commits.
Finished at #21 with 21 LOI"s, 2 that were 5 stars.

Then next came the #12 class.

Now??? >>> Do let me know when the 2017 fat lady sings won't you.... o_O

[QUOTE="oozie7, post: 978406, member: hiring Shannon [/QUOTE]

This will hurt you more than you will ever know.

Go Canes!

Reactions: King-Gator
[QUOTE="oozie7, post: 978406, member: hiring Shannon

This will hurt you more than you will ever know.

Go Canes![/QUOTE]

Funny but Miami has Mark Richt.

How many years has Miami been in the ACC?
Did the hurricanes win the ACC title yet? Not even a division title?

It's disappointing that Florida is having some late de-commits. These are just some kids getting cold feet about their final decisions a few days before national signing day. In some recruits minds it may be "whether to go or not to go" at a school so far away and also "lets look at all of the options again before finally making up their minds again". This probably happens every year with recruits at many schools and it will probably happen again in the future.

McElwain will need a strong finish in this recruiting cycle to reach a full class of 25 or else he will hold on to some extra scholarships for next year. The current recruiting rankings (from 20ish to 30ish) is only a relative snapshot in time. For more level headed fans, wait until NSD to see how Florida actually does this year. Who knows, some of the decommits may come back to Florida or Florida may add some other pieces to their class.

It might help Florida's 'image' if some of the recruits who have already made up their minds to begin committing soon instead of just making it a big show of signing on NSD.

While I doubt that you'll ever admit to the demonstrated obvious.... o_O

I don't need to defend anything with opinions, all I need do is list the actual facts.

Mc-Recruiting - #91 >> #21 >> #12 >> ?NSD?

2015 Prediction -- 5-7 wins, #5 SECe >> 10 wins, SECe-C, SEC CoY

2016 Prediciton -- 6-8 wins, #3 SECe >> 10 wins, SECe-C, UF 30 - 3 Iowa

So basically your're holding out hope that by NSD he'll pull a top ten class out of his azz, and that the SECe will collapse again next season.....gotcha.

Even the recruiting sunshine pumpers are turning on Mac now. It will take a mini miracle to even be top 15 now and that is mediocre in the SEC.

I defended his class last year but never pumped sunshine. I did like to point out that adding players like Cleveland, Perine, and a few other skill position players were a plus and having a backup plan and adding the like of a Putu beat not signing anyone.

I said the #15(or whatever it was) ranking last year was no cause for panic because it had the big names mixed in some . SOME. Potential underrated players. Reese and K Johnson have shown that. But you can't make a living in the SEC recruiting that way. You just can't.

I could live with the occasional 10-15 ranking from time to time. But ranked in the 30's a week before signing day causes one to question what is going on.

I agree with most posters that it's not looking good for recruiting, but I'm reserving judgment until NSD to see what actually happens. Where we're ranked right now is an indication, but until the letters of intent are faxed in and the numbers compiled nobody knows nothing. Some have been against Mac since the day he was hired. Others are rationalizing how great he is. I've been pleased with the success that he's had on the field the 1st 2 seasons and the way he salvaged a pretty good class his first year. Last year was a disappointment to me because the class after 1 year on the job is usually a superior class for a top coach at a top school. And the next class, this year's, should be excellent as well. It APPEARS he's underachieving in recruiting based on those standards, but I'm willing to wait and see and then, also, see what happens on the field with the players he does get. Gators all the way, in all kinds of weather, we should all stick together and not be tearing each other down. Just my opinion, of course, but name calling and personal attacks seem wrong within the ranks of Gator fandom.

I defended his class last year but never pumped sunshine. I did like to point out that adding players like Cleveland, Perine, and a few other skill position players were a plus and having a backup plan and adding the like of a Putu beat not signing anyone.

I said the #15(or whatever it was) ranking last year was no cause for panic because it had the big names mixed in some . SOME. Potential underrated players. Reese and K Johnson have shown that. But you can't make a living in the SEC recruiting that way. You just can't.

I could live with the occasional 10-15 ranking from time to time. But ranked in the 30's a week before signing day causes one to question what is going on.

That is my issue also. History has shown you literally have almost no chance to win the SEC without a couple of top classes beforehand. Also just because a 3 star gets early playing time because of necessity doesn't mean they are destined to be a top SEC player. The jury is still out on most of ours and we will see next year especially with the guys we lost on defense. I think our lineman Taylor will turn out to be a steal and a good 4 star level talent but even he got dominated in the FSU and Bama games going against the experienced best linemen in the country. I have actually seen a few true freshman have the speed off the ball to hold their own a little bit in that pass protection situation so I don't think he is quite the can't miss superstar some think he is.

I agree with most posters that it's not looking good for recruiting, but I'm reserving judgment until NSD to see what actually happens. Where we're ranked right now is an indication, but until the letters of intent are faxed in and the numbers compiled nobody knows nothing. Some have been against Mac since the day he was hired. Others are rationalizing how great he is. I've been pleased with the success that he's had on the field the 1st 2 seasons and the way he salvaged a pretty good class his first year. Last year was a disappointment to me because the class after 1 year on the job is usually a superior class for a top coach at a top school. And the next class, this year's, should be excellent as well. It APPEARS he's underachieving in recruiting based on those standards, but I'm willing to wait and see and then, also, see what happens on the field with the players he does get. Gators all the way, in all kinds of weather, we should all stick together and not be tearing each other down. Just my opinion, of course, but name calling and personal attacks seem wrong within the ranks of Gator fandom.

There's always only one person doing the personal attacks

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPNs-Tom-Luginbill-Skys-not-yet-falling-on-Gators-50835166

Unless we get Slaton Luginbill will look really silly writing that.

That has to be old? Because idk how we finish strong on o-line. Herbert is gone, Slaton is being recruited as a DT, and some other guys are headed elsewhere. Hillery the Miami commit is the last option left.

That has to be old? Because idk how we finish strong on o-line. Herbert is gone, Slaton is being recruited as a DT, and some other guys are headed elsewhere. Hillery the Miami commit is the last option left.

Yep I think that is why Slaton is considering us because we told him we would try him at DT.

There is some good news and some bad news. The good, This class is starting to look like AL Golden's class just before he got fired. So you COULD be looking at a new head coach soon. The bad, your side of the SEC sucks so bad that even with you guys struggling with your last couple of classes, you still manage to be at or near the top of your division. So, this could be the saving grace for Big McElwain which is not good thing for the future of your program.
And no I'm not gloating, we were in the same boat with Golden and his boyfriend D'Nofrio. Luckily enough, Clemson put 70 on us at home and that was the end. Your Defense is still good enough where you won't get really crushed by anybody, however if you keep getting classes ranked like this one, then maybe the end of McElwain won't be too much longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT