ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Everyone in the East should be improved this year except for maybe us and Tennessee. On paper at least Georgia should win the East for sure.

That is my issue also. History has shown you literally have almost no chance to win the SEC without a couple of top classes beforehand. Also just because a 3 star gets early playing time because of necessity doesn't mean they are destined to be a top SEC player. The jury is still out on most of ours and we will see next year especially with the guys we lost on defense. I think our lineman Taylor will turn out to be a steal and a good 4 star level talent but even he got dominated in the FSU and Bama games going against the experienced best linemen in the country. I have actually seen a few true freshman have the speed off the ball to hold their own a little bit in that pass protection situation so I don't think he is quite the can't miss superstar some think he is.

Did they hold their own versus the likes of UGA and Iowa or FSU and Bama.

I don't think its fair to judge any true freshman as not providing good protection against Bama upperclassmen.

Taylor is going to be a stud. It's already in the making. Not calling him a future AA but he is future All SEC.

Did they hold their own versus the likes of UGA and Iowa or FSU and Bama.

I don't think its fair to judge any true freshman as not providing good protection against Bama upperclassmen.

Taylor is going to be a stud. It's already in the making. Not calling him a future AA but he is future All SEC.

Yes some true freshman held their own against top rushers in the SEC before. Its rare but it does happen. Don't get me wrong I think Taylor is really good and will end up in the NFL for sure but I am just not sure if he is going to be 1st team SEC in the future like some think.

I think Taylor would make an excellent guard. He's a big and powerful dude. He can be a pretty good RT as is, but at guard he could go to a next level I think.

Unbelievable - It appears we only have one player out of the Rivals Top 100 locked up while our 2 biggest rivals Georgia and FSU have about 16 of them locked up combined.

The bad, your side of the SEC sucks so bad that even with you guys struggling with your last couple of classes, you still manage to be at or near the top of your division..

2x SECe Champ is not near the top of the division, unlike the scUM thugs in their All Cupcake Conf. division... ;)

The SECe was just terrible, they sucked so bad that the East's top 3 teams went,,,,,

1. UF 30 - 3 Iowa (-27 with zero TD's and Iowa beat Mich)
(UF 16 - 10 @ LSU --- LSU 29 - 9 UL with their Heisman QB)

2. Tenn 38 - 24 Neb (-14)

3. UGA 31 - 23 TCU (-8)

~ Even pitiful 6-7 SCa only lost to 11-2 USF by a TD.

Ups and downs with a bunch of injuries spread around made the season a tough one for most of the SECe teams, but how did they do against non-SEC teams in their bowl games?

PS

Check the Retch's W/L record vs UF before you say too much... :cool:

2x SECe Champ is not near the top of the division, unlike the scUM thugs in their All Cupcake Conf. division... ;)

The SECe was just terrible, they sucked so bad that the East's top 3 teams went,,,,,

1. UF 30 - 3 Iowa (-27 with zero TD's and Iowa beat Mich)
(UF 16 - 10 @ LSU --- LSU 29 - 9 UL with their Heisman QB)

2. Tenn 38 - 24 Neb (-14)

3. UGA 31 - 23 TCU (-8)

~ Even pitiful 6-7 SCa only lost to 11-2 USF by a TD.

Ups and downs with a bunch of injuries spread around made the season a tough one for most of the SECe teams, but how did they do against non-SEC teams in their bowl games?

PS

Check the Retch's W/L record vs UF before you say too much... :cool:

Sec E was 3-3 in bowls, entire SEC was 6-7

Yeah, and the reFSUcks Clown-U criminoles of talleycrappy won the NC again in 2016 didn't they.... :rolleyes:

SEC had 11 bowl teams, what a bunch of chumps.
Were the SEC bowl losers matched up against lower ranked teams, like 6-7 SCa vs 11-2 USF?
How many NC's has the SEC won in the last 20 years, and by how many different SEC teams? (crickets)

There's a very good reason why Blobby Bowdown chose to join the Cupcakes instead of playing a full conference schedule against SEC teams... o_O

Back to recruiting....

ESPN Recruiting has UF with 5 Top 300's, and 11 total 4 stars. o_O

On NSD, then we will know what the 2017 class looks like with LOI's in hand.

Of course the Gator-haters will either engage their 'selective memory' or they'll just disappear as usual if the Mc-class finishes well. :cool:

And IF Mc should win a 3rd consecutive SECe-C, few will still want to give him any credit for it. :rolleyes:

Spurrier nor Meyer won 10 games their first seasons, and they weren't following the cluster on offense that the musclecramp left for Mc to deal with.

And Meyer didn't win B-2-B SECe-C's his first 2 seasons at UF, even though Zook left Meyer with a Jr QB starting that was a Five Star, and with a loaded defense.

I think that the Gator-haters are scared chitless of Mc, and they don't want to see him continue to build up the Gator program the right way, but he might just continue to do so anyway.... :p

Back to recruiting....

ESPN Recruiting has UF with 5 Top 300's, and 11 total 4 stars. o_O

On NSD, then we will know what the 2017 class looks like with LOI's in hand.

Of course the Gator-haters will either engage their 'selective memory' or they'll just disappear as usual if the Mc-class finishes well. :cool:

And IF Mc should win a 3rd consecutive SECe-C, few will still want to give him any credit for it. :rolleyes:

Spurrier nor Meyer won 10 games their first seasons, and they weren't following the cluster on offense that the musclecramp left for Mc to deal with.

And Meyer didn't win B-2-B SECe-C's his first 2 seasons at UF, even though Zook left Meyer with a Jr QB starting that was a Five Star, and with a loaded defense.

I think that the Gator-haters are scared chitless of Mc, and they don't want to see him continue to build up the Gator program the right way, but he might just continue to do so anyway.... :p

No but Meyer won the NC in year two. I would trade that for Macs b-2-b SECe runs anyday

No but Meyer won the NC in year two. I would trade that for Macs b-2-b SECe runs anyday

And that straw man won't fly either. Michi-non-Gator. You're just a poor sick little hater with nowhere to go and nothing else to do... :cool:

Yeah, and the reFSUcks Clown-U criminoles of talleycrappy won the NC again in 2016 didn't they.... :rolleyes:

Were the SEC bowl losers matched up against lower ranked teams, like 6-7 SCa vs 11-2 USF?
How many NC's has the SEC won in the last 20 years, and by how many different SEC teams? (crickets)

There's a very good reason why Blobby Bowdown chose to join the Cupcakes instead of playing a full conference schedule against SEC teams... o_O

13 bowl teams

Reactions: instaGATOR
UF and FSU have profited from Donna Shalala's follies regarding the football team and their budget at UM the last 10 years or so. With the new president willing to fork out adequate money, Richt was hired and is starting to keep many S Florida stars at home.
Where is FSU without Dalvin Cook or UF without Calloway and Scarlett? When Miami keeps the majority of those players home they win championships.
UM is better academically and has a prettier campus than Gainesville. Coral Gables actually has a lower crime rate than Gainesville does. When the Canes show recruits South Beach etc it beats anything they can see in Gainesville or Tallaha$$ee.
It takes probation or a lousy coach to keep UM down.Thats over now. With Jimbo at FSU and Richt at Miami and the emergence of the ACC as a premier football conference its going to be tough for UF to gain any footing.Other than a Saban or a Meyer I cant see any other coach making a sudden turnaround for UF.
SO knowing this has a UF coach really been banned from Homestead High for offering money?Lets hope not but with recruiting slipping for UF it might have happened.

[QUOin arwuE="sabrose, post: 979772, member: 66043"]UF and FSU have profited from Donna Shalala's follies regarding the football team and their budget at UM the last 10 years or so. With the new president willing to fork out adequate money, Richt was hired and is starting to keep many S Florida stars at home.
Where is FSU without Dalvin Cook or UF without Calloway and Scarlett? When Miami keeps the majority of those players home they win championships.
UM is better academically and has a prettier campus than Gainesville. Coral Gables actually has a lower crime rate than Gainesville does. When the Canes show recruits South Beach etc it beats anything they can see in Gainesville or Tallaha$$ee.
It takes probation or a lousy coach to keep UM down.Thats over now. With Jimbo at FSU and Richt at Miami and the emergence of the ACC as a premier football conference its going to be tough for UF to gain any footing.Other than a Saban or a Meyer I cant see any other coach making a sudden turnaround for UF.
SO knowing this has a UF coach really been banned from Homestead High for offering money?Lets hope not but with recruiting slipping for UF it might have happened.[/QUOTE]

Yet In every academic publication, arwu, forbes, wash mthly florida is ranked higher. Only usnw has miami slightly higher. Overall florida is ranked higher academically. As to the campus, I guess beauty is a personal choice. Personally I find miami the ugliest campus of all the major schools in the state. Miami is good when they cheat. Pretty simple.

There is some good news and some bad news. The good, This class is starting to look like AL Golden's class just before he got fired. So you COULD be looking at a new head coach soon. The bad, your side of the SEC sucks so bad that even with you guys struggling with your last couple of classes, you still manage to be at or near the top of your division. So, this could be the saving grace for Big McElwain which is not good thing for the future of your program.
And no I'm not gloating, we were in the same boat with Golden and his boyfriend D'Nofrio. Luckily enough, Clemson put 70 on us at home and that was the end. Your Defense is still good enough where you won't get really crushed by anybody, however if you keep getting classes ranked like this one, then maybe the end of McElwain won't be too much longer.

Mac has b2b ~10 win seasons with a record setting twin SECe division titles in his first two seasons as head coach. Heck, Even Champ was not canned after his 4-8 season. Mac is still in a transition with the cards left him on offense. He has three young Qbs to make something out of over the next couple seasons. If the trajectory is positive during season 4 then Mac stays even longer. If not, that is when his seat really begins to heat up. He is not going anywhere next year after b2b SECe titles, imo.

Simply answered your question dipwad, Go back to your alien probe with ol Zeke Sitchin, a shyster science fiction hack., who, like you, is ridiculed by anyone with a triple digit IQ.

Wilson says we will be OK on signing day but even getting Slaton etc. will leave us with a substandard recruiting ranking like the last class.

Do you think Mac's first two years at UF are better than Meyer's?

Not only Meyer's but he thinks its better than Spurrier's too, because 10 wins. Nuance is lost on him.

Of course he won't acknowledge things like Spurrier only having 11 regular season games compared to McElwain's 12...I'm sure with one more cupcake Spurrier would have got to 10 wins too. Same thing with Meyer who only had 11 regular season games. That's why the whole "first coach in UF history to win 10 games in his first season" is misleading. But then look who you're talking to.

Mac has b2b ~10 win seasons with a record setting twin SECe division titles in his first two seasons as head coach. Heck, Even Champ was not canned after his 4-8 season. Mac is still in a transition with the cards left him on offense. He has three young Qbs to make something out of over the next couple seasons. If the trajectory is positive during season 4 then Mac stays even longer. If not, that is when his seat really begins to heat up. He is not going anywhere next year after b2b SECe titles, imo.

I realize you are related to Mac, but I see no teason to assume he is safe. Beaten badly by Bama and FSU twice. Trounced by Arky and humiliated by MeatChicken. Talking about b2b East titles and numbers of wins is an intellectually dishonest way to paint an picture that makes it look better than it is. The losses are bad and very few of the wins are of quality. He is Mark Richt minus the ability to recruit. Add to that he has won with zero offense and the NFL defense left to him by Champ.

what is this i keep seeing since yesterday about us being involved with some money bag shit with a recruit? Iv'e seen FSU fans talking about it, we don't even have the money for the bag that has no money in it.. but if this is true it's a step in the right direction and signing day could actually be a money.... i mean surprise in the end

Gotta have the checks clear first

what is this i keep seeing since yesterday about us being involved with some money bag shit with a recruit? Iv'e seen FSU fans talking about it, we don't even have the money for the bag that has no money in it.. but if this is true it's a step in the right direction and signing day could actually be a money.... i mean surprise in the end

Gotta have the checks clear first

Sounds promising.

Simply answered your question dipwad, Go back to your alien probe with ol Zeke Sitchin, a shyster science fiction hack., who, like you, is ridiculed by anyone with a triple digit IQ.

This from a Clown-U nolicker,,, attempting to tell a Gator fan where to go on his own board. Sweet!

I keep hearing dweebs like you claim that SitchIn is a shyster, (he's sold millions of non-fiction books in 20+ languages) but I never see any proof of it from anyone with any better credentials. On what items EXACTLY has he been PROVEN incorrect on? I've listed some of what he has already been PROVEN CORRECT on, by both astronomers and archeologists... (crickets the size of elephants)

And before you try to climb down that rabbit-hole that you're staring into, remember I said PROOF, not just some dweeb like yourself that has a different OPINION.

Do you think Mac's first two years at UF are better than Meyer's?

To many differences in their situations to give a straight up answer to that question, and I shouldn't have to list all of those differences if you have a clue. o_O

But how about this, I wouldn't fire Mc right now, to rehire Meyer on the spot, would you?
Just like I wouldn't trade any of our current TE's for AH.... :oops:

Not only Meyer's but he thinks its better than Spurrier's too, because 10 wins. Nuance is lost on him.

Of course he won't acknowledge things like Spurrier only having 11 regular season games compared to McElwain's 12...I'm sure with one more cupcake Spurrier would have got to 10 wins too. Same thing with Meyer who only had 11 regular season games. That's why the whole "first coach in UF history to win 10 games in his first season" is misleading. But then look who you're talking to.

I'll just continue to look at which dweeb is yappin' away, like ooozzzzzie and/or michi.... (puke/gag)

Crap such as this; 'All of the Mc-success is due only to WM recruited players...'
And this kind of crap; Mc-staff can't recruit a lick, all that matters is what some ranking dweeb claims they are worth, not what Mc-staff has coached them up to do...

Defense - 6 Mc-recruits on the field:
DE Jabari Zuniga rsFr (5 sacks)
OLB Kylan Johnson rsFr
MLB David Reese Fr
OLB Vosean Joseph Fr
OLB Jeremiah Moon Fr
FS Chauncey Gardener Fr (Bowl MVP - 2 Int, 1 a Pic-6)

Offense - 14 Mc-recruits on the field:
RB Mark Thompson rsJr Juco xfer (Bowl - 85 yd Screen-pass TD)
WR Dre Massey Jr (Juco xfer, out with 1st game ACL)
WR Antonio Callaway So
RB Jordan Scarlett So
RG Tyler Jordan So
RT/RG Fred Johnson So
OC T.J. McCoy rsFr (family hardship xfer from NCSt)
RT Jawaan Taylor Fr
WR Tyrie Cleveland Fr
WR Josh Hammond Fr
RB Lamical Perine Fr
WR Freddie Swain Fr
WR Kalif Jackson Fr (out with a foot injury)
K Eddie Pineiro rsSo (Juco xfer, Mc-flipped away from Bama)

And a couple more (not listed) got a little bit of playing time...
-----------

Much of the following stat/info was taken from a Zach article at SEC Country.

18 of the 20 signees from McElwain’s 1st class played last season and started 72 games, with 10 of them becoming full-time starters. 8 of those 2015 signees saw action as a true-Fr and made 28 starts.

That trend continued in 2016. More than half (13) of the 25 signees played in 10 or more games last season, combining for 31 starts.

Over the past two years, McElwain has had 9 players named to Freshman All-SEC teams. WR Antonio Callaway, MLB David Reese and RT Jawaan Taylor also made the Freshman All-American teams by FWAA and Pro Football Focus, more than former coach Will Muschamp had during his four years at UF.
>>>>> All 3 of those All American players were also 3-star recruits.<<<<<

But the Mc-Nuss offense totally sucks,,, except for this of course: Callaway and Tyrie Cleveland are 2 of only 3 WR's in UF history to have 100-yard receiving games as true-Fr. Callaway set the school record for most receiving yards by a true-Fr in 2015, and last season Cleveland caught the 2nd longest play from scrimmage in UF history for a 98 yd TD.

Half of the 22 starters @ LSU were McElwain recruits, including 4 underclassman OL-men. Those starters don’t include true-Fr OLB Vosean Joseph and RB Lamical Perine — both of whom made game-changing plays against Tigers — or FS/CB Chauncey Gardner — who started the final 3 games of the season and won Outback Bowl MVP.

McElwain has shown he’s not only unafraid to play freshmen, but they’re excelling under he and his staff. As Florida looks to finish strong in the Class of 2017, the production of his recruits cannot be emphasized enough. (thanks Zach)

Instead of Mc having to find a new school to coach for, I wish that some of you so-called Gator fans would go find some other school to be chitty fans for... :p

I love watching insta defend a dumpster fire. America is great again.

And I love the fact that no gutless/nuttless Clown-U criminole fans will never be able to cheer for a coach or a team that has won the SEC-C. However, they did manage to be the Top Cupcake for an unbroken decade, before going in the toilet for Clemp's-son, Blabo Swilley.... Now the criminoles and the scUM thugs can begin their battle for the 2-3 spots among the Almost Competitive... :cool:

Still waiting on that link that predicted Florida wouldn't go bowling one of the last two years. Liar.

Except my post addressed none of that you just typed. You're dumb.

Or more likely it's that you're to stupid to see the nuances, or you can't counter any of the points made, so you instead return to your usual ignore and/or deflect shtick... :cool:

Still waiting on that link that predicted Florida wouldn't go bowling one of the last two years. Liar.

I give a chit what you are supposedly waiting for, or that you believe that calling me a liar changes the fact that you're an idiot dweeb all the time here. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT