ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Hunter to VT.

As an aside, Mac put a ton of his effort here. So when we sign a 3* in his place its not because we didn't want him. We are also spending a ton of time on already committed Elijah Blades. And there are articles everywhere saying kids are turned off because our staff is always late to offer.

For the 7000th time Insta, Mac is not purposely passing on elite recruits, he is visiting many of them this week. Its not like he doesn't want them.

Also, its not a positive to only have 15 committs. We are scrambling where schoola like Bama, OSU and UGa are locked in to a few final kids or trying to flip others. We are not doing this the right way

I don't really see how anyone can defend McElwain's recruiting. His 1st 3 classes have ranked #23, #14, and #23/TBD. Recruiting like you're at Michigan State or Virginia Tech while you're at Florida is not good. Coaches at places like Southern Cal, Texas, LSU, Florida State, Florida should be signing Top 10 classes 80+% of the time. To go 0 for 3 in your first 3 years is just plain bad. Not dogging on Mac. Just stating the obvious.

Reactions: Bellis30
I don't really see how anyone can defend McElwain's recruiting. His 1st 3 classes have ranked #23, #14, and #23/TBD. Recruiting like you're at Michigan State or Virginia Tech while you're at Florida is not good. Coaches at places like Southern Cal, Texas, LSU, Florida State, Florida should be signing Top 10 classes 80+% of the time. To go 0 for 3 in your first 3 years is just plain bad. Not dogging on Mac. Just stating the obvious.
I honestly believe Insta is the only person alive defending his recruiting. Wven the big time homers on TOS aren't trying to defend his recruiting.

Michi, so much of what 'you choose to believe' is just another crock of chit... o_O

Per Zach at SEC Country: When McElwain became Florida’s coach in December 2014, he started with only 6 commitments and a 2015 class that was ranked 92nd nationally. But in the last two weeks of the recruiting cycle, McElwain and his staff hosted 24 prospects and landed pledges from 15 of those official visitors. Almost half of the 2015 commitments (7) came on NSD, including 3-star WR Antonio Callaway, 5-star DE Cece Jefferson and 5-star OL Martez Ivey. A day earlier, Mc-staff beat out Florida State and Miami for 4-star RB Jordan Scarlett. :cool:

UF shot up the team rankings with that huge haul, finishing with the No. 21 class in the country. Of the 21 signees, 8 played in games as a true freshman and made a total of 28 starts. Last season, 18 of the 20 signees from McElwain’s first class saw action and started 72 games in 2016. So in total, the Gators have gotten 100 starts from that group over the past two years. (but some whiny turds here still claim that Mc is ONLY winning because of the musclecramp's remaining recruits) :confused:

Zach -- "McElwain is ultimately judged on wins, losses and championships, and he’s had two 10-win seasons (yes, I’m counting Presbyterian) and 2 SEC-E titles so far."
--------------

So far, McElwain also has spearheaded the facility upgrades at UF, he's bulked up Florida’s support staff and he's changed the overall culture of the program. o_O

The recruits that he has signed so far have been talented, no matter the stars, but the rankings will also continue to improve over time. So while he hasn’t landed enough of what others have called the elite prospects already, a handful still have been signed and they have played well. The early returns on some of his 3-star signees are impressive as well. He and his assistants know how to evaluate and develop the recruit's natural talent.

I (iG) firmly believe that IF one of the new QB's proves out in 2017, then everything including recruiting will 'take-off' in 2018. And just remember this too, coaches don’t get fired because they place poorly in some twits recruit rankings. They succeed or fail based on whether they can win with the players that they do bring in to a program. I.E. National Champion Clempson's last 5 recruit classes best/highest ranking was a #9 class, proving beyond a doubt that you don't have to average a Top 5 class to win the NC, nor even a Top 10 class for that matter. While it does seem to make it easier, there's no guarantee that highly rated recruiting classes will automatically bring home the bacon....
(Bama's #1 Recruits just lost to Clempson's 'not even in the Top 10' recruits). :p

Where does UF's class stand as of now on filling the 2017 needs at positions?

Offense: 1/1 QB, 2/2 TE -- 1/2 RB (Lemons), 1/2 WR (Robinson), 2/3 OL (??).
Athlete: 1/1 (DB - QB-DT, RB, WR - Toney)
Defense: LB 2/3 (Jones), DL 2/4 (several possible), DB 3/5 (several possible).

I'm betting that 'captain Mc-close' will finish with a very good class on NSD... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeusGator
Michi, so much of what 'you choose to believe' is just another crock of chit... o_O

Per Zach at SEC Country: When McElwain became Florida’s coach in December 2014, he started with only 6 commitments and a 2015 class that was ranked 92nd nationally. But in the last two weeks of the recruiting cycle, McElwain and his staff hosted 24 prospects and landed pledges from 15 of those official visitors. Almost half of the 2015 commitments (7) came on NSD, including 3-star WR Antonio Callaway, 5-star DE Cece Jefferson and 5-star OL Martez Ivey. A day earlier, Mc-staff beat out Florida State and Miami for 4-star RB Jordan Scarlett. :cool:

UF shot up the team rankings with that huge haul, finishing with the No. 21 class in the country. Of the 21 signees, 8 played in games as a true freshman and made a total of 28 starts. Last season, 18 of the 20 signees from McElwain’s first class saw action and started 72 games in 2016. So in total, the Gators have gotten 100 starts from that group over the past two years. (but some whiny turds here still claim that Mc is ONLY winning because of the musclecramp's remaining recruits) :confused:

Zach -- "McElwain is ultimately judged on wins, losses and championships, and he’s had two 10-win seasons (yes, I’m counting Presbyterian) and 2 SEC-E titles so far."
--------------

So far, McElwain also has spearheaded the facility upgrades at UF, he's bulked up Florida’s support staff and he's changed the overall culture of the program. o_O

The recruits that he has signed so far have been talented, no matter the stars, but the rankings will also continue to improve over time. So while he hasn’t landed enough of what others have called the elite prospects already, a handful still have been signed and they have played well. The early returns on some of his 3-star signees are impressive as well. He and his assistants know how to evaluate and develop the recruit's natural talent.

I (iG) firmly believe that IF one of the new QB's proves out in 2017, then everything including recruiting will 'take-off' in 2018. And just remember this too, coaches don’t get fired because they place poorly in some twits recruit rankings. They succeed or fail based on whether they can win with the players that they do bring in to a program. I.E. National Champion Clempson's last 5 recruit classes best/highest ranking was a #9 class, proving beyond a doubt that you don't have to average a Top 5 class to win the NC, nor even a Top 10 class for that matter. While it does seem to make it easier, there's no guarantee that highly rated recruiting class will automatically bring home the bacon.... (Bama's #1 Recruits just lost to Clempson's 'not in the Top 10 recruits).

I'm betting that 'captain Mc-close' will finish with a very good class on NSD... :cool:

He could close very well and the class still won't break the top 10. Most people recognize at this point Mac is fighting to close strong just to avoid a total disaster

Reactions: Bellis30
here's a general rule of thumb... if you're in a room and nobody in that room can stand you, it's not them...it's you.

And when I'm in a room filled with idiot A-holes, not being liked is a badge of honor.
While little boyz like you are controlled by 'peer presure' and being PC, I'm not and never have been, and have no desire to ever be. So FU bubba, and it's probably time for you to rotate your two thumbs between your mouth and your butt again.... :cool:

He could close very well and the class still won't break the top 10. Most people recognize at this point Mac is fighting to close strong just to avoid a total disaster

"Still, a man hears what he want's to hear and he disregards the rest." -- PS

There's no way anyone is defending this laughable shit, did i just see us get another 3 star kid today? This is not kansas state

Reactions: Michi-Gator
McElwain did a very good job of salvaging a decent class for 2015. 2016 was a disappointment, although quite a few true freshmen did contribute. It's not looking good this year either when you're ranked 9th in the SEC with 2 weeks left. I like Mac and want him to succeed, but that's going to depend on the athletes he gets in and what he does with them to produce wins on the field. Muschamp left us in a mess and I see progress and 2 years of SEC East titles is pretty good. But the University of Florida should be a perpetual Top 10 program and we ain't back there yet.

There's no way anyone is defending this laughable shit, did i just see us get another 3 star kid today? This is not kansas state

The posting here reminds me of the movie, dumb & dumber, but I don't know why that is, with the football genius types that seem to know everything.... :cool:

What kind of 3 star did they get today? I don't see it anywhere? o_O

Was he a crappy Callaway type of 3 star or was he a ziggy Zuniga type? :rolleyes:
I certainly hope that he wasn't a no talent Perine type or a J.Taylor type.
I mean all of those no talent 3 star types just keep on dragging the Gators down, year after year after year...:rolleyes: ---- o_O

The posting here reminds me of the movie, dumb & dumber, but I don't know why that is, with the football genius types that seem to know everything.... :cool:

What kind of 3 star did they get today? I don't see it anywhere? o_O

Was he a crappy Callaway type of 3 star or was he a ziggy Zuniga type? :rolleyes:
I certainly hope that he wasn't a no talent Perine type or a J.Taylor type.
I mean all of those no talent 3 star types just keep on dragging the Gators down, year after year after year...:rolleyes: ---- o_O

So generally, 3 stars are better than 4 and 5 stars?

So generally, a dunny is better than your hat, but you use it anyway and then you still wear the hat, judging by the smell that always lingers around you... :oops:

And generally, the millionaire coaches know more about player evaluation than the mostly clueless barely minimum wage twits that hand out the stars, or the morons like yourself that serve up the liquor... :confused:

Last edited:
Moving right along.... o_O

ESPN - 'The World Wide Leader in Sports'

The Gators have 5 EE's that are already in school from the 2017 class.

#3 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-4 215 **** - Miami - ESPN 300

#25 Ath Kadarius Toney 6-0 180 **** - Prichard, AL
QB-DT, WR, RB, DB, KR, PR -- 47 TD's (P-32--R-15) Sr season.

#31 OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 300 **** - Miami

#35 DT Kyree Campbell 6-5 320 **** - Woodbridge, Va

#37 OLB James Houston IV 6-1 225 *** - Plantation
Offers: UF, Ark, LSU, Tn, SCa, MsSt, UK, VU - Mia, USF, Pitt, Wis, etc.

================================================
2017 Gator Spring Game QB options - Franks, Trask, Allen, Toney.
================================================

2017 Commits, not final until LOI's on NSD:

#12 DE Zachary Carter 6-5 251 **** - Tampa - ESPN 300

#18 WR Daquon Green 6-1 186 **** - Tampa - ESPN 300

#22 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 180 **** - Plantation ESPN 300

#23 CB Shawn Davis 6-0 190 **** - Miami - ESPN 300

#25 CB Elijah Blades 6-2 170 **** - Pasadena, Ca - ESPN 300
-------
#10 TE-Y Zech Byrd 6-6 240 **** - Millbrook, AL

#16 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-4 204 **** - Ft Lauderdale

#33 OT T.J. Moore 6-6 280 **** - Charlotte, NC

#42 OLB Ventrell Miller 6-1 225 *** - Lakeland
Offers: UF, Miz, Ms, UK, VU - Cal, Colo, UL, Mia, Neb, NC, NCSt, Pitt, VaTech, etc.

#75 RB Malik Davis 5-11 185 *** - Tampa
UF, Miz, UK - Az, BC, Mia, Minn, NC, Pitt, USF, Syr, UCF, VaTech, WVa, etc.
Coach Rumph caught Clemson recruiters at his HS attempting to flip him.
=============

So while the class is not full yet, it's also not NSD yet.
Only morons whine about a class that has yet to happen.

15 commits, 5 already in school, 6 are ESPN Top 300 and 12 are 4 star rated, and the other 3 should be imo, going by their film and/or their offers.
============

Anyone whining and sniveling about anything UF/Gator right before NSD are not Gator fans as far as I'm concerned. That is what rival haters do, not solid Gator fans. IF you're really a Gator fan, then STFU until after NSD, that's when you might (prolly-knot) have something to bitch about, not before....

This 'Chicken-Little' routine of running in circles and screaming 'the sky is falling' is idiocy.
You want to know how many recruits that NC Clemson has right now? Freakin' 13....
Stanford only has 11. ND has 15 and UCLA has 16. Neb & Wash have 17 each.

While tennis-sea's Head-BJ already has over-signed with 27, WHOOP-PEE!
Problem is that 18 of them are 3 stars, while only 9 are 4 stars, with zero 5 stars, and he's in year 5.

Last edited:
So generally, a dunny is better than your hat, but you use it anyway and then you still wear the hat, judging by the smell that always lingers around you... :oops:

And generally, the millionaire coaches know more about player evaluation than the mostly clueless barely minimum wage twits that had out the stars, or the morons like yourself that serve up the liquor... :confused:

So you didn't answer the question because...?

So you didn't answer the question because...?

Mostly cause you're a stalker A-hole that I don't owe squat to, much less any courtesy. I don't much care about you or any bs questions that you might have, so address them to someone who might still G-a-S about you or your questions.

Reactions: fsu939913
What other schools would even look at an average 3 star LB from Orlando?
OLB Nick Smith 6-3 210 - Well, how about these other offers:
A strong UF lean - LSU, Az, UL, MichSt, NC, NCSt, Neb, Ore, Stan, 29 total.
~ He played rush DE and even some DT in HS, plus being on the ST's.
He de-committed from NCSt last week...

CB Chris Henderson - He's everything but an already committed UF recruit.
While Bama is still somewhere vaguely in the picture.
He de-committed from Miami in Oct.

DT/OG T.J. Slaton, Army-AA - A strong Gator lean. But still looking at FSU & Mich.
Recently UGA is attempting to flip him away from his UF lean.

WR James Robinson UA-AA - A strong Gator lean, but still looking at Clemson.
While Okla, tOSU, and Ole Miss haven't given up hope yet.

OT Kai-Leon Herbert - Currently a Mich commit, but a good bet to flip to UF.
While Miami is still mentioned, they are the least likely of those 3 to get him.

DB Brad Stewart - A mild lean for UF, although LSU and MsSt are still in it.
Plus Ark, VaTech, and AzSt are still working him.

LB Levi Jones from Tx, UA-AA - UF seems to be middle of the pack in his top 5.
Having Shannon as a long time family friend is why he's even looking at UF.
The pickers have FSU as the probable end-game, with USCw still in the picture. .
However, after his recent 'Official' visit, he named UF as his lean.

The Gators have something that many fellow SEC schools can't offer at this point in the recruiting cycle — space in this year’s class. There are too many highly touted prospects visiting Gainesville in the next two weeks to write off Florida just yet. -- SEC Country

From the several recruiting stories and articles that I've read recently, it looks to me like UF will be filling it's class with recruits from every position of need. A really good and balanced class is coming imo. If Mc-staff just gets those that are listed as strong UF leans, I'll be thrilled with this class, stars and/or the class rankings by outside others notwithstanding... (iG)

PS
Hey dog-poker, the outsider class ranking still doesn't matter, (to me). :cool:

To subtle for you: throwing an occasional good ranking into some A-hole rivals face, is not the same thing as actually caring about them internally. o_O
I remain pretty happy with the quality of players that Mc-staff has brought in so far, and the massive holes that were left by the previous coach seem to be filling up nicely so far... :cool:

Last edited:
Mostly cause you're a stalker A-hole that I don't owe squat to, much less any courtesy. I don't much care about you or any bs questions that you might have, so address them to someone who might still G-a-S about you or your questions.

Rather immature approach, isn't it?

Rather immature approach, isn't it?

Insty Tater has just gotten downright mean. If you don't agree with him, he now tells you to FU etc. I could care less about him, but he is comical to observe. Hope my retired Dad never turns out like him...

Watch, now he will say he never cares about anyone's opinion of him... What a boob.

--------------

I (iG) firmly believe that IF one of the new QB's proves out in 2017, then everything including recruiting will 'take-off' in 2018. And just remember this too, coaches don’t get fired because they place poorly in some twits recruit rankings. They succeed or fail based on whether they can win with the players that they do bring in to a program. I.E. National Champion Clempson's last 5 recruit classes best/highest ranking was a #9 class, proving beyond a doubt that you don't have to average a Top 5 class to win the NC, nor even a Top 10 class for that matter. While it does seem to make it easier, there's no guarantee that highly rated recruiting classes will automatically bring home the bacon....
(Bama's #1 Recruits just lost to Clempson's 'not even in the Top 10' recruits). :p

I stopped reading after u said mac beat out fsu for jordan scarlett. He wanted in at fsu but we r loaded at RB and wanted another guy. But like u said, its what u "choose" to believe

Summed up danny pretty nicely.

I love how Clemson has become the new rallying cry for the 'stars don't matter' crowd when more than 50% of the prospects they've signed the last four years have been 4 or 5-star prospects. And all their best players? Watson: 5-star, Williams: 4-star, McCloud: 5-star, Cain: 5-star, Boulware: 4-star, and then their best unit the d-line has multiple 5-star prospects.

One of the reasons they've finished outside the top 10 in some of the last few classes is because they didn't sign a full 25 or oversign while almost all in the top 10 did. Since 2013 they've signed 23, 22, 25, and 22 prospects. Almost everybody in the top 10 signed more which pushed Clemson down but their average rating per player was elite all those years. But why let facts get in the way.

If Mac can close strong and get a top 4 SEC recruiting class I may have to forgive him for a while. :D

The top tier recruiting programs for this cycle are putting the finishing touches on their respective classes. Rumors are floating about that programs like UGA, etc are full. The blue chippers that remain have either given their 'silent' or will be shifting their focuses as some opportunities begin to 'dry up'. For example, FSU still has a couple spots remaining and it appears this has shifted Warner's interest from being torn between UGA and FSU to now up to the 'Noles. If so, this could move out a current commit (Artis) or shift the focus of a guy like Levi Jones to others e.g. aTm, UF, etc. It is going to be an interesting week for the last of the holdouts. UF could 'land' some unexpected treats if there ends up being no room at the inn for some high 3 stars/good 4 stars, etc.

The top tier recruiting programs for this cycle are putting the finishing touches on their respective classes. Rumors are floating about that programs like UGA, etc are full. The blue chippers that remain have either given their 'silent' or will be shifting their focuses as some opportunities begin to 'dry up'. For example, FSU still has a couple spots remaining and it appears this has shifted Warner's interest from being torn between UGA and FSU to now up to the 'Noles. If so, this could move out a current commit (Artis) or shift the focus of a guy like Levi Jones to others e.g. aTm, UF, etc. It is going to be an interesting week for the last of the holdouts. UF could 'land' some unexpected treats if there ends up being no room at the inn for some high 3 stars/good 4 stars, etc.

So we only get some late good ones if there isn't room at the other places for them you are saying?

I stopped reading after u said mac beat out fsu for jordan scarlett. He wanted in at fsu but we r loaded at RB and wanted another guy. But like u said, its what u "choose" to believe

I recommend Reading Comp 101, if Clown-U even bothers with that.

That > UF beat out FSU < was from an article on SEC-Country, not me. However, I'm sure that FSUucks didn't 'beat out' UF for that lying short order Cook crim either, he just wanted to go where the Chief Slap-a-hoe's could hang out and feel right at home.... (and coaching up liars seems to be a strong point for the reFSUcks criminoles, and it always has been).

Hey, I still remember when FSUcks beat out UF for Sammy Smith, so UF had to just settle for Emmitt Smith instead.... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
I recommend Reading Comp 101, if Clown-U even bothers with that.

That > UF beat out FSU < was from an article on SEC-Country, not me. However, I'm sure that FSUucks didn't 'beat out' UF for that short order Cook crim either, he just wanted to go where the Chief Slap-a-hoe's could hang out and feel right at home....

Hey, I still remember when FSUcks beat out UF for Sammy Smith, so UF had to just settle for Emmitt Smith instead.... :D

Should i recommend u the same? I nvr said u said it. I said i stopped reading there and u r choosing to believe it.

Jordan is a good running back but i dont view him as elite. Nvr say or insinuate that he could be like Emmitt. Thats jus disrespectful to the GOAT

You really do need Reading Comp 101.

If you had a clue, you'd know that I want RB by committee, not a featured JS.
And you ASSumed incorrectly that I compared Emmitt to anyone, although Rhett and Fred were not far behind him as college RB's at UF. All three had slightly different skill sets, but all were Great Gators imo.

Want to get a little research exercise? Go find me the last primary starting RB at UF that didn't go on to at least get his shot as an NFL RB.
Hint: You'd have to go back before ES to find one....

But anyway, for many reasons, I wouldn't trade any of UF's 2017 RB's for any RB on the crims roster. They wanted Clown-U, then that's where they deserve to be.

Mark Thompson, Jordan Scarlett, Lamical Perine, Malik Davis + maybe Lemons.

Moving right along on recruiting....

UA-AA WR Daquon Green said he thinks that the McGators will get these 3 from the weekend:
CB C.J. Henderson - DT T.J. Slaton - LB Nick Smith, with still a chance of getting DT Elijah Conflffe.
Those 4 would be pretty sweet 'gets' for the Gator defense....
=============

OT/OG Kai-Leon Herbert 6-5 285 de-committed from Mich.
They had 7 OL in their class, now it's 6, (2/4's + 4/3's)

IF Herbert comes to UF, that would make it 3/4's for UF, solidifying the OL imo.
OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 - committed
OG T.J. Moore 6-4 270 - committed
OT/OG Kai-Leon Herbert 6-5 285 - still lookin'

Scout 4-#22-OT, Rivals 4-#10-OT, ESPN 4-#15-OT, 247 3-#86 OT = 247 Comp 4-#22 OT.
Leaving out the bogus 247 bs rating,
the main 3 average = 4-#15.7 OT.
Herbert doesn't need a 5th star to be a great Gator OL'man imo.

He played well enough that Rivals named him one of the top five offensive linemen from their entire 2016 camp series alongside blue-chips like Alex Leatherwood.

Is UF recruiting any QB transfers from another galaxy? If so what is their eta on campus? Thank you in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT