ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Lets face it, next year will be his 3rd straight 4+ loss season and yet people will still be clamoring he just needs 'time' and its unfair to hold him accountable until year 7 or 8

I don't see how Mac survives if we lost 5 games. He should be fired with 4 losses however since recruiting isn't up to par. If we lose to Michigan out of the gate it will be close whether he survives next season or not. Most of our SEC East foes should be improved and most have experienced QBs coming back to play.

Lets face it, next year will be his 3rd straight 4+ loss season and yet people will still be clamoring he just needs 'time' and its unfair to hold him accountable until year 7 or 8

Schedule will still be somewhat favorable. Tennessee is not looking any better. UGA is recruiting well, but the on field product has a long way to go. USCe will remain without an offense and ky, Mizzou and Vandy are still ky, mizzou and vandy. 2 of 4 ooh's are layups. LSU and aTm are at home and both have issues and UF has had recent success against both. The two big games that UF will struggle with are at the beginning and end of the season. I think coach Mac gets two more years to get his QBs and offense in place. Four years is fair unless the new AD has his own guy he wants to bring in sooner than later.

Reactions: rdgtr
If any of this is remotely true, my God...

explanatory on why there has to be some staff changes this off season: Now I certainly don’t consider myself an insider in any form of the word, but I have become very good friends with a HS football coach here in FL who from time to time gives me some good inside knowledge of different programs from around the State based on his experience. Was at this coach’s house yesterday and for the first time I flat out asked him, “What do you think of Coach Mac?” He smiled and told me the following story. (I apologize for the lengthy write-up)

They find Coach Collins and he immediately begins to apologize to them that they forgot they had a youth camp there that weekend and it was crazy. (As a side not, personally I think it’s great that we are holding these youth camps, just not sure that you want to invite a stud QB to the campus on the same weekend.) So after talking for a few minutes with Coach Collins, he tells them to walk over to the stadium, speak with Megan (I think that was the name he said) at the desk and tell her that Coach Collins said you should be given a tour of the facilities. So they do just that. When they find Megan, they tell her what Coach Collins told them. She looks at the list that she has in front of her and says that Coach Collins didn’t put you on the list so I can’t let you in. So disappointed, they ask if they can at least see the weight room as my buddy is interested in seeing if he can find the S&C coach. They are taken to the weight room, find the S&C coach and as they are talking to them a GA walks up and tells them that they need to register for the camp. He tells them that they need to go back upstairs, fill out the registration form and pay the $40 fee. The QB says that he has no money on him. So my buddy ends up paying for him.

Now that Foley is gone that policy of charging visiting recruits for working out needs to leave with him especially with the money getting sent to the womens tennis team.

Reactions: Dodinole
Schedule will still be somewhat favorable. Tennessee is not looking any better. UGA is recruiting well, but the on field product has a long way to go. USCe will remain without an offense and ky, Mizzou and Vandy are still ky, mizzou and vandy. 2 of 4 ooh's are layups. LSU and aTm are at home and both have issues and UF has had recent success against both. The two big games that UF will struggle with are at the beginning and end of the season. I think coach Mac gets two more years to get his QBs and offense in place. Four years is fair unless the new AD has his own guy he wants to bring in sooner than later.

I think UGa will be a very tough game next year. I think there are many factors at play, do the fringe guys like Dawson, Harris and Sharpe head to the NFL? Who is available, if Stricklan could land Chip Kelly would he keep Mac off another 4-loss season? Is the offense at least top 50, Mac will not get a third straight pass on his offense.

Not saying you are wrong, BUT I think once you enter year three with two sub-UF first two years a lot of factors enter into the decisions, especially with a new AD.

I think UGa will be a very tough game next year. I think there are many factors at play, do the fringe guys like Dawson, Harris and Sharpe head to the NFL? Who is available, if Stricklan could land Chip Kelly would he keep Mac off another 4-loss season? Is the offense at least top 50, Mac will not get a third straight pass on his offense.

Not saying you are wrong, BUT I think once you enter year three with two sub-UF first two years a lot of factors enter into the decisions, especially with a new AD.

If Smart knows what he's doing at all, then UGA will be very tough. If he's Muschamp, they will be bad but will still be a tough game for us, unless we find a quarterback, which we won't.

WHY IN THE F*CK HAVE WE NOT OFFERED THIS KID STILL, jesus christ this staff man... I can't do it anymore

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas three-star wide receiver Michael Harley plans to take three official visit schools in January.

(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Harley told InsideTheU on Wednesday that he'll be at Miami the weekend of Jan. 13, West Virginia the weekend of Jan. 20 and Florida the weekend of Jan. 27.

"I think my recruitment is really going to come down to those visits," Harley said. "It's just going to be where me and my family feel the most comfortable."

Harley, who has been committed to West Virginia since late June, has been flirting with Miami ever since the Hurricanes offered him a scholarship last month. Florida however is a school that's new to the mix.

"They actually reached out to me a few nights ago," Harley said when asked about the Gators.

"[UF wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon] just talked to me on the phone and was saying that he wants to get me and my parents up there on a visit. He's a pretty cool coach. I was actually up there for Friday Night Lights."

While it might come as a bit of a surprise that Florida will get Harley's final visit given the fact that the SEC school has yet to offer him a scholarship, the U.S. Army All-American said that he's still feels like Miami is pushing the hardest for him after recent conversations with Hurricanes head coach Mark Richt and wide receivers coach Ron Dugans.

"It's much of the same old same old, but they want me more now. They say I'm going to play as a freshman which would be huge," Harley said.

Harley (5-9, 155) is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 50 wide receiver and the nation's No. 375 overall prospect. He caught 29 passes for 441 yards and eight touchdowns this season for the Raiders while also returning a kickoff for a touchdown.

So apparently that Toney kid is coming in to play QB...interesting. And we're still chasing some other QB's too, so makes me think something is up with some of the QB's on the team now. Either somebody is leaving or the coaches are trying to move in another direction. Because if we do get another QB commit that'll be three QB's if you include Toney.

Reactions: seffnergator
something is up with some of the QB's on the team.

Most likely, they all stink. Whatever meager natural talent and instincts they might have once had has probably been ground out of existence by backwards-ass coaching. They're probably all worse people too. They probably showed up to campus as hopeful, respectful young men, and now they all probably get routinely thrown out of strip clubs for manhandling the dancers.

WHY IN THE F*CK HAVE WE NOT OFFERED THIS KID STILL, jesus christ this staff man... I can't do it anymore

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas three-star wide receiver Michael Harley plans to take three official visit schools in January.

(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Harley told InsideTheU on Wednesday that he'll be at Miami the weekend of Jan. 13, West Virginia the weekend of Jan. 20 and Florida the weekend of Jan. 27.

"I think my recruitment is really going to come down to those visits," Harley said. "It's just going to be where me and my family feel the most comfortable."

Harley, who has been committed to West Virginia since late June, has been flirting with Miami ever since the Hurricanes offered him a scholarship last month. Florida however is a school that's new to the mix.

"They actually reached out to me a few nights ago," Harley said when asked about the Gators.

"[UF wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon] just talked to me on the phone and was saying that he wants to get me and my parents up there on a visit. He's a pretty cool coach. I was actually up there for Friday Night Lights."

While it might come as a bit of a surprise that Florida will get Harley's final visit given the fact that the SEC school has yet to offer him a scholarship, the U.S. Army All-American said that he's still feels like Miami is pushing the hardest for him after recent conversations with Hurricanes head coach Mark Richt and wide receivers coach Ron Dugans.

"It's much of the same old same old, but they want me more now. They say I'm going to play as a freshman which would be huge," Harley said.

Harley (5-9, 155) is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 50 wide receiver and the nation's No. 375 overall prospect. He caught 29 passes for 441 yards and eight touchdowns this season for the Raiders while also returning a kickoff for a touchdown.

Staff thinks he is too "small"

Well he is small but there's always space on a roster of 85 for players with certain roles, especially when they got next level speed. James, Demps, Rainey, etc. were all small too but they played their role well. You don't need them to be your top receiver or nothing but let them return punts and kicks and a few times a game throw them the ball in the flat and let them use their speed to pick up an easy 7-8 yards. Not complicated.

Reactions: rdgtr
You spend a lot of time bitching about people not providing anything useful, then you go from thread to thread dropping "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" everywhere. So are you slow or you just choosing to be a hypocrite on purpose?

So apparently that Toney kid is coming in to play QB...interesting. And we're still chasing some other QB's too, so makes me think something is up with some of the QB's on the team now. Either somebody is leaving or the coaches are trying to move in another direction. Because if we do get another QB commit that'll be three QB's if you include Toney.

This makes no sense though. Toney is a spread option guy and Allen is a statue. Even Bama next year will have strictly dual threat guys at QB. Seems like you should be getting one or the other

This makes no sense though. Toney is a spread option guy and Allen is a statue. Even Bama next year will have strictly dual threat guys at QB. Seems like you should be getting one or the other

Idk just saying what's reported. And we're still chasing other QB's too. So it's possible you could see something like:

Toney
Allen
Blackman

Idk just saying what's reported. And we're still chasing other QB's too. So it's possible you could see something like:

Toney
Allen
Blackman

I read the same thing about Toney's brother tweeting that he was going to get to compete to be the QB. Its just suddenly Jake Allen doesn't seem to fit with Franks, Toney and Blackman

I doubt anyone would leave willingly before this season except LDR. Hopefully he goes to where he could start in a lower division or just becomes a grad assistant here.

Not necessarily. It depends on the potential production of the recruit. You may be more of a pro style team, but would certainly take a DT guy who can throw. Same with a spread team, you may see potential in a kid who is not as mobile, but feel you can adapt the offense around him. The way UF has been struggling at QB it does not surprise me they are swinging in a few directions hoping there is some contact made in the near future. My guess is UF will add try and add a third QB this cycle to go along with the two from '16 and two already in this class. Mac probably thinks he has two solid years to show his offense is on the right track. Trask, Franks, Toney, Allen, and ?. One of those five has to work out, correct? Now, the kicker, no pun intended, is if he rides with LDR in '17. If so, he probably either feels very confident about his job security for a few years OR those four/five I just mentioned are no where near ready to be a FBS starting QB.

Not necessarily. It depends on the potential production of the recruit. You may be more of a pro style team, but would certainly take a DT guy who can throw. Same with a spread team, you may see potential in a kid who is not as mobile, but feel you can adapt the offense around him. The way UF has been struggling at QB it does not surprise me they are swinging in a few directions hoping there is some contact made in the near future. My guess is UF will add try and add a third QB this cycle to go along with the two from '16 and two already in this class. Mac probably thinks he has two solid years to show his offense is on the right track. Trask, Franks, Toney, Allen, and ?. One of those five has to work out, correct? Now, the kicker, no pun intended, is if he rides with LDR in '17. If so, he probably either feels very confident about his job security for a few years OR those four/five I just mentioned are no where near ready to be a FBS starting QB.

I don't think Mac is feeling secure about anything. If he can't field an offense next year we are going to struggle to poat wins. We lose to Iowa and their will be nothing comfortable about Mac's job situation

I don't think Mac is feeling secure about anything. If he can't field an offense next year we are going to struggle to poat wins. We lose to Iowa and their will be nothing comfortable about Mac's job situation

Because you don't put any stock in anyrhimg he's done.

I'm going to laugh my self to death when we don't get Chip Kelly.

I have no idea what you will do.

Haven't offered Harley or many good players in-state.
This McElwain guy is an embarrassment.

He's worse than Al Golden.

You spend a lot of time bitching about people not providing anything useful, then you go from thread to thread dropping "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" everywhere. So are you slow or you just choosing to be a hypocrite on purpose?

Neither, I'm just thumbing my nose at the twits like yourself... :cool:

GF, on NSD we'll KNOW some of it.
Then over the next 3-4-5 years we'll know how Mc-staff did with their 2017 class.
Until then, it's mostly just our own fan-ning of the hot recruiting air.... :cool:

GF, on NSD we'll KNOW some of it.
Then over the next 3-4-5 years we'll know how Mc-staff did with their 2017 class.
Until then, it's mostly just our own fan-ning of the hot recruiting air.... :cool:

Let us know how many teams have won the SEC Championship in the past 25 years or so without a couple of real nice highly ranked top 10 (at least) classes beforehand. I can only think of one that is borderline not fitting that criteria. Mac does look like he may finish strong but if this class isn't even top 5 in the SEC he won't get the job done long term with results like that.

Again, we offer all the same kids as UGa, Bama, tOSU, MeatChicken and F$U. Its not like we aren't trying to get these kids.

And it looks like with a perfect finish Mac could get us to 12th nationally. But that requires flipping some already committed kids and landing 5* DT Solomon. So its a long shot to even get to 12th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT