ADVERTISEMENT

Once again: A major loss on Abortion (Ohio)

grandhavendiddy

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2007

This issue is a major issue for 84% of people, and I can almost guarantee, that for college educated women, it is approximating 100%.

Captain - you say, understandably, that your view is that this should not have been a federally encoded protection. Well, it is going to the states: Kansas, Michigan and now Ohio (yes, this was for moving a ballot initiative to 60%, but we know what this was really about with Abortion on the ballot) are losing. Wisconsin lost a supreme court seat which now will lead to less favorable districting for the Republican party in that state.

If Republicans could get behind 20 weeks (point of viability outside of the womb), and then reasonable protections for health of the mother and decision making for children, they would win the center of this vote.

Another day, another data point. Again, Ohio.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
right wing nut jobs will be put to sleep, its happening and its not going to stop, they are the root of all evil. mindless idiots. AKA, SHEEP

Reactions: kalimgoodman
M - people double and triple down on this issue, and it’s is not a winner in any swing state or any election in the past four years. Get the government out of it.

M - people double and triple down on this issue, and it’s is not a winner in any swing state or any election in the past four years. Get the government out of it.
That’s what was done, and this shows the brilliance of our constitution. We removed the Federal Government and left it up to the states, like our constitution says. Not sure what you’re complaining about, unless you don’t like the constitution?

It sounds like you want the Government in it.

“If Republicans could get behind 20 weeks (point of viability outside of the womb), and then reasonable protections for health of the mother and decision making for children, they would win the center of this vote.”

Reactions: blubo and gatordad3

This issue is a major issue for 84% of people, and I can almost guarantee, that for college educated women, it is approximating 100%.

Captain - you say, understandably, that your view is that this should not have been a federally encoded protection. Well, it is going to the states: Kansas, Michigan and now Ohio (yes, this was for moving a ballot initiative to 60%, but we know what this was really about with Abortion on the ballot) are losing. Wisconsin lost a supreme court seat which now will lead to less favorable districting for the Republican party in that state.

If Republicans could get behind 20 weeks (point of viability outside of the womb), and then reasonable protections for health of the mother and decision making for children, they would win the center of this vote.

I am for whatever the Constitution reads. I am against usurping the Constitution. Personally, I will never have an abortion in my family. Too old...no children. I also do not believe I have the right to force my beliefs as a Christian beliefs on others. However THIS is where my personal views get cloudy. As a Christian,and in just about ANY society...murder is against the law. If we want to "follow the science" , a babies' heartbeat starts around 6 weeks. I personally do not care what peoples religious feelings are here...this is AGAINST THE LAW. We have to STOP conveniently following our laws and Constitution. This will be the demise of our society. And democrats are BY FAR the worst offenders.

Reactions: RussellCasse
That’s what was done, and this shows the brilliance of our constitution. We removed the Federal Government and left it up to the states, like our constitution says. Not sure what you’re complaining about, unless you don’t like the constitution?

“If Republicans could get behind 20 weeks (point of viability outside of the womb), and then reasonable protections for health of the mother and decision making for children, they would win the center of this vote.”
Agreed on the brilliance of our constitution - I am talking about what is happening at the (emphasis here) state level and how republicans are losing elections over it.

I care about stopping illegals immigration, crime, inflation, federal debts, etc.

Captain you mention 6 weeks, which is right, but the baby cannot live outside until 20 (or so) so what good is a heartbeat if the rest of the functions rely on the mother.

This thread is meant as another data point of what can potentially have republicans lose elections and control of branches of government.

Agreed on the brilliance of our constitution - I am talking about what is happening at the (emphasis here) state level and how republicans are losing elections over it.
I care about stopping illegals immigration, crime, inflation, federal debts, etc.

Captain you mention 6 weeks, which is right, but the baby cannot live outside until 20 (or so) so what good is a heartbeat if the rest of the functions rely on the mother.

This thread is meant as another data point of what can potentially have republicans lose elections and control of branches of government.
I care about not murdering those that apparently NEVER get a choice. It’s really mind boggling that the right allowed the left to hijack the “choice” message.

I will say this again. The reason this is a losing issue currently is because too many sat quietly for too long. Compromising on issues of morality should have never happened.

The right, ALLOWED the left to take over the narrative. It was a huge mistake.

Last edited:

And to the point of going to the states...at this time, that is exactly how the Constitution reads, so I support it. It really should be to the states in a Constitutional Republic. I would not support a Federal Abortion bill for EXACTLY the same reason I would not want to force my religious beliefs on others. MANY feel this is murder...so they get the same say so. I PERSONALLY feel it is murder.

I live in ohio and i am surprised that the issue was voted down by such a large margin. i don’t think the proponents of the issue put out nearly enough information and ads like the other side did. i didn’t see much on tv or radio until last week.
Sadly abortion is going to be a huge issue for the republican presidential candidates.

I live in ohio and i am surprised that the issue was voted down by such a large margin. i don’t think the proponents of the issue put out nearly enough information and ads like the other side did. i didn’t see much on tv or radio until last week.
Sadly abortion is going to be a huge issue for the republican presidential candidates.
One of the issues (the biggest issue) is we still have conservatives that aren’t willing to fight election integrity. We got moderates who have already “moved on” and wonder why we keep getting beat at the ballot box.

“conservatives” that are still fighting the battle on the battlegrounds of last century and think it’s issues that are the reason for the losses. Conservatives that run to CNN to let CNN show us what we need to do. 🤡
Might I suggest, that’s the problem?

Meanwhile, dems are arresting political opponents, censoring news and speech, legislating the removing of law and order in cities, but no….those people surely wouldn’t cheat in elections. That’s a step to far for me to believe. Good grief folks.

Yes, compromise. That’s what we need more of. That will fix it. It’s done wonderful over the last 2 decades.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3 and blubo

Isn't "states" the government?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Because the Republicans were trying to be sneaky. They are trying to stop the abortion vote from passing because they did research and saw that pro choice bills were passing in the 55% range. This is how the minority invoke their laws.

Trump is aware and he thinks abortion is an losing issues. It may not hurt the Republicans because Trump will never commit to a 6 week abortion ban and he is pro exceptions.

Huh, I actually agree with this, first thing I read from you that wasn’t completely asinine .

Because the Republicans were trying to be sneaky. They are trying to stop the abortion vote from passing because they did research and saw that pro choice bills were passing in the 55% range. This is how the minority invoke their laws.
The issue isn’t legality it’s when it should be illegal. There are lines. As usual it’s the religious right that’s ****ing things up for people.

This is worth losing elctions over. Its not like conservative idea's were flourishing in the era of the "don't rock the boat" republicans. If the suburbanites want to vote democrat over it, let them have their junkie infested hell hole. Dont care.

It's the religious rights fault...and not the people performing, getting or demanding access to late term and partial birth abortions?

Interesting. And stupid, of course.
late term is certainly wrong, but again, i look for root causes of issues and curative solutions, its the religious right and its zero tolerance thats the overrriding issue.

Not many people favor late term abortion. And yes it should be outlawed

I honestly don't know how many people do...but enough for me to have seen several protests with people demanding unfettered access including late term and partial birth abortions.

They even had chants stating as much....cheers if you will. Disgusting.

I honestly don't know how many people do...but enough for me to have seen several protests with people demanding unfettered access including late term and partial birth abortions.

They even had chants stating as much....cheers if you will. Disgusting.
Abortion right up till the moment of birth is very much the mainstream view of the Molech worshiping Democratic Party.

• Angry
Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT