ADVERTISEMENT

Official MIDTERMS thread. All polling/key races info goes here please

No shit Sherlock. Climate has been changing since earth became a planet. Nothing mankind can do to change is significant. Can we be good stewards and not throw garbage into the oceans or send unneeded pollutants into the air? Of course. CO2 emissions is a failed construct though. That's been proven over and over. But at the end of the day, whether a single human occupies this planet, climate is going to climate. Taxes aren't going to change an effing thing.
Sad thing is there's plenty that could be done to protect the environment if the left actually cared about it.

But of course no one destroys the environment more than the warmists. Time to repost the pictures of the cobalt mines for their EVs?

Sad thing is there's plenty that could be done to protect the environment if the left actually cared about it.

But of course no one destroys the environment more than the warmists. Time to repost the pictures of the cobalt mines for their EVs?
I appreciate this conversation because environment is a legit voting issue for me. What can be done to save the environment that the left ignores in your eyes? I’m being sincere here.

I appreciate this conversation because environment is a legit voting issue for me. What can be done to save the environment that the left ignores in your eyes? I’m being sincere here.
Have you ever seen a lithium mine before? How about a solar panel graveyard for the discarded ones? How do you think electricity is made? Nuclear energy is the cleanest way to provide power, and the left wants no part of it. No, that would be too easy and wouldn't require hardships or control of the masses. The plants are safer than they were 50 years ago. So that's no excuse.

Have you ever seen a lithium mine before? How about a solar panel graveyard for the discarded ones? How do you think electricity is made? Nuclear energy is the cleanest way to provide power, and the left wants no part of it. No, that would be too easy and wouldn't require hardships or control of the masses. The plants are safer than they were 50 years ago. So that's no excuse.
I am 1,000% on board with complete transition to nuclear energy

The issue of protecting the environment has become so politicized that many people who actually care about the issue tune it out if there's any hint of it being about 'climate change'.

I think a common ground starting point would be to focus on removing trash from our oceans and waterways. I think everyone, regardless of political affiliation, understands the importance of making our sources of water as clean as possible.

And I also think people on both sides of the isle are receptive to increasing our dependence on nuclear energy. Not sure I support going 100% to it, but absolutely believe it's much safer than we are led to believe.

But the cobalt mines and rare earth mines absolutely devastate the environment. Just completely wreck it.

Protecting the environment is the one issue that both sides agree on, but neither side will move on due to politics. If we could remove the politics from the issue, you would see both sides come together and work together.

Protecting the environment is the one issue that both sides agree on, but neither side will move on due to politics. If we could remove the politics from the issue, you would see both sides come together and work together.
Unfortunately, that's NOT what this is all about. It's about control and global wealth distribution. Follow the money, and no other conclusion can be made.

Stop focusing on an agenda and start using common sense.

VW just published a study that it takes between 60k-100k miles before an electric car’s carbon footprint breaks even with a fuel efficient gas vehicle.

Check ads for used Teslas. People don’t put many miles on them (mostly because their range is limited) and way too many need a new battery by the time they hit the break even point.

Windmills are a major waste and recycling issue and are harmful to wildlife.

Solar panels are impossible to dispose of and pollute when you make them.

All use lithium batteries to work, which pollute underdeveloped counties and use slave labor. VW report cited it takes 500k tons of mining to produce 1 electric car battery. We can’t mine for those rare earth minerals here because of environmental regulations.

To power Europe on alternate energy sources it would take $100T in batteries that would take the current industry 400 years to manufacture. We are chasing a fantasy.

What should we do?
1) Invest in nuclear, it’s clean and safe but it takes 10-15 years to bring new plants online.
2) Focus on water table contamination (such as PFAS) and start work on cleaning up the Texas sized plastic graveyard in the ocean. We are already finding microscopic plastics in human tissue.
3) Continue to work on alternative fuels for cars like hydrogen. Carbon emissions take too much blame but cleaning up the air isn’t a bad thing.
4) More focus on recycling. We are going backwards, I can’t even recycle LDPE film or glass where I live.
5) Alternative materials for many of the products we use that don’t pollute and will naturally degrade.

The issue of protecting the environment has become so politicized that many people who actually care about the issue tune it out if there's any hint of it being about 'climate change'.

I think a common ground starting point would be to focus on removing trash from our oceans and waterways. I think everyone, regardless of political affiliation, understands the importance of making our sources of water as clean as possible.

And I also think people on both sides of the isle are receptive to increasing our dependence on nuclear energy. Not sure I support going 100% to it, but absolutely believe it's much safer than we are led to believe.

But the cobalt mines and rare earth mines absolutely devastate the environment. Just completely wreck it.

That was a thoughtful response and I appreciate the sincerity. Environment should definitely be something we should be able to come together about.

More focus on recycling. We are going backwards, I can’t even recycle LDPE film or glass where I live.

We have recycling here, I've heard from the horses mouth that the recycle trash goes to the same place as regular garbage. It's a "feels good" thing. 😂

More focus on recycling. We are going backwards, I can’t even recycle LDPE film or glass where I live.

We have recycling here, I've heard from the horses mouth that the recycle trash goes to the same place as regular garbage. It's a "feels good" thing. 😂
Agreed, recycling is another issue that I think both sides support. We seriously need to move away from using styrofoam, that shit just clogs up landfills.

Reactions: fatman76
BTW I will be giving away my age, but I remember keeping a wooden case crate by the back door to put all the GLASS coke bottles in, then when the case was full, taking it to the local gas station and getting a dime a bottle for recycling. We've moved to plastic but as @fatman76 said a ton of that ends up in waterways, which is unforgivable.

BTW I will be giving away my age, but I remember keeping a wooden case crate by the back door to put all the GLASS coke bottles in, then when the case was full, taking it to the local gas station and getting a dime a bottle for recycling. We've moved to plastic but as @fatman76 said a ton of that ends up in waterways, which is unforgivable.
I used to patrol the highways with a shopping cart to collect coke bottles and turn them in for candy money. Liquor bottles pissed me off, they stayed where they laid. 😂

I used to patrol the highways with a shopping cart to collect coke bottles and turn them in for candy money. Liquor bottles pissed me off, they stayed where they laid. 😂
Yep, that's exactly what it was, candy money. Adults let us take the bottles cause they didn't want to, we got a couple dollars candy money. This was back when a coke and candy bar was a like a quarter so it was a haul lol

So you understand that global warming is real, and are not one of the truly ignorant. Unlike Capt Ron.

For quite some time now, we've understood that the earth warms and cools.

Also, sometimes it gets warmer in X while it cools in Y. Glaciers melt in X and form in Y. Sometimes it just gets warmer or cooler everywhere.

Capt. Ron was referring to man made global warming, of course.

Alright. Back to the topic. Midterms re: Arizona…..nothing is coming.

Pubs are too scared to be called election deniers.

24 is lost IMO.

Reactions: gatordad3
I am 1,000% on board with complete transition to nuclear energy

There are places where wind and hydro make sense. Probably true about solar as well...but the unrealistic build outs that libs across the world are selling? It's a disaster waiting to happen.

It will end up having the affect of population control, whether that's the intended goal or not.

There are places where wind and hydro make sense. Probably true about solar as well...but the unrealistic build outs that libs across the world are selling? It's a disaster waiting to happen.
It will end up having the affect of population control, whether that's the intended goal or not.
Hiden's immigration policies are intended to turn us into another 3rd world nation. THAT is intended. :mad:

Reactions: BamaFan1137

I moved from the county and they did that. Same truck, same landfill.

City makes us sort. I think the city recycles.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Agreed, recycling is another issue that I think both sides support. We seriously need to move away from using styrofoam, that shit just clogs up landfills.
It’s a money thing.

I’m a product manager so I get involved in packaging decisions. My company is very green and we’ve never put styrofoam in a product. But we pay 5X more for corrugated honeycomb.

edit: actually we don’t pay for sh!t, the consumer pays for it

I also know someone who use to work at a local "recycling" plant. If you take your recyclables and put them inside a plastic bag, instead of throwing them in the bin loose, chances are they will get thrown in the garbage. If too many items that are not recyclable (i.e. greasy pizza boxes, styrofoam, etc.) are mixed in, everything goes to the garbage. The understaffed workers do not have the time to open and dump bags/containers that are closed or pick out non-recyclable items.

They give us different colored trash cans for recycle. Same result, same landfill. The sheep never learn. 😂
Most landfills have recycle stations. The problem is, everything needs to be sorted perfectly and not mixed. Plastics, metals, glass, paper, etc. Items that my be both, simply go to the garbage. They do not have the time to say, take apart an item that is made of mostly plastic, but also has metal or glass in it.

They give us different colored trash cans for recycle. Same result, same landfill. The sheep never learn. 😂
No I mean we have to physically separate plastics, metals and paper. If you don’t do it right they won’t empty the bin.

I’m pretty sure it’s legit.

01GJ5SMDKVEEH4FRVDWQ1093HR.jpeg

No I mean we have to physically separate plastics, metals and paper. If you don’t do it right they won’t empty the bin.

I’m pretty sure it’s legit.
Back to this. LOL!!!! Our trucks have a lift on the side that picks up the cans, tips it over the back of their dump truck, then sets the cans back down.they don't even get out of the truck, period One day I put a dead raccoon in the can that I'd trapped and shot, nuisance bastard. Truck came, truck picked up, business as usual. 😂

Reactions: nail1988
Just found an old article from Alaskas House race. I found it interesting for a few reasons.

1. Lived in Alaska for almost 13 years until 2010, and am very familiar with the Begich family (all dems until supposedly Nick)

2. This article foreshadows what the national narrative for Potus is currently. Notice who needs to drop out? Notice who finished with better numbers (Palin). Sound familiar?

3. Alaska is mostly a red state, but IMO it gets used alot for a, so to speak….Proof of Concept for national elections. Take it FWIW, but conservatives aren’t playing the same game as dems and rinos.

Who will the establishment support moving forward to 24?

Just found an old article from Alaskas House race. I found it interesting for a few reasons.

1. Lived in Alaska for almost 13 years until 2010, and am very familiar with the Begich family (all dems until supposedly Nick)

2. This article foreshadows what the national narrative for Potus is currently. Notice who needs to drop out? Notice who finished with better numbers (Palin). Sound familiar?

3. Alaska is mostly a red state, but IMO it gets used alot for a, so to speak….Proof of Concept for national elections. Take it FWIW, but conservatives aren’t playing the same game as dems and rinos.

Of course they want to just move on from Palin.

Not sure what Palin voters were doing on the 2nd choice on the ballot but many Begich voters were purposely leaving it blank as a sour grapes vote. This 4 advance jungle primary mess is even worse than the ranked choice voting they have now.

I would never have guessed you were an old man

ADVERTISEMENT