ADVERTISEMENT

O.T: UF becomes first Florida school to be named a top ten public University

Im surprised he's not out with his exclusive clientèle, instead of what, arguing with me at ten o clock at night on a Tuesday?
He's delegating to his subordinates so he can prove his point, by saying alot of words, but nothing of substance. He has to make sure we know how he has "insider" knowledge on a free board.

We don't even have to pay for this.
He's got my handsome face as his Avatar and drew me a pretty picture. I live in his head rent free.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
We might have been in "dire financial trouble" if we actually agreed to pay Jimbo a guaranteed $75 million, plus a $60 million facility, and then even more millions for his crew of analysts and assistants. I think FSU wisely decided not to put themselves on the hook for nearly $150 million, especially with college football ratings and attendance in decline.
Isn't Taggart's current contract pretty close to what FSU was paying Jimbo when he left for A&M?

Oh, his super secret upscale clientele?
He's a double agent ,I think.
Or he has a salon,im not certain.
image.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Isn't Taggart's current contract pretty close to what FSU was paying Jimbo when he left for A&M?

Yes, but Jimbo was demanding more money.

You are working towards suggesting that Taggart is overpaid relative to his P5 record. I don't disagree. Jimbo left FSU in an awkward position. They had to get someone promising on short notice, and the main target was already in a comfortable job at Nike U.

It's like how when you have to buy a plane ticket on a day's notice, it's more expensive than when you buy one six weeks ahead of time.

Yes, but Jimbo was demanding more money.

OK, but that is not my point.

You are working towards suggesting that Taggart is overpaid relative to his P5 record. I don't disagree. Jimbo left FSU in an awkward position. They had to get someone promising on short notice, and the main target was already in a comfortable job at Nike U.

Taggart was and remains a reach. Until further notice. Which he has the opportunity to change.

It's like how when you have to buy a plane ticket on a day's notice, it's more expensive than when you buy one six weeks ahead of time.

the difference being the plane ticket, cheap or expensive, gets you where you want to go. Not so certain with coaching hires.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcanes and EvilWayz

It’s comparable in salary only. There was a $37 million dollar buyout with Jimbo’s contract. Willie’s is around $5 million. Huge difference. We lucked out big time with A&M that buyout off our hands.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
It’s comparable in salary only. There was a $37 million dollar buyout with Jimbo’s contract. Willie’s is around $5 million. Huge difference. We lucked out big time with A&M that buyout off our hands.
oH.

Yet FSU is paying this guy the same amount of money they were paying Jimbo. A guy that is, at least at this point, demonstrably worse than Jimbo. The only difference being the buyout.

If this is how you guys assuage your angst at downgrading, by all means, carry on.

Reactions: mcanes
The overall buyout is more important than the yearly salary. If things don't work out with Taggart, it will be a shame, but at least we aren't on the hook for $75 million, like Texas A&M. And if he is successful, then he's worth the money anyway.

The overall buyout is more important than the yearly salary. If things don't work out with Taggart, it will be a shame, but at least we aren't on the hook for $75 million, like Texas A&M. And if he is successful, then he's worth the money anyway.
Once again, not my point at all.

FSU is paying Jimbo money for a demonstrably worse coach. Just because he is cheaper to get rid of than what Jimbo negotiated at TAM does not change that all all.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlutoDroid
Have you seen Florida play lately? How would you qualify it? Great?

You just lost a coach somebody thought was worth 8 million dollars a year, we just lost a coach nobody thinks is worth a damn. Which direction do you think our two programs are headed, respectively?

Live in the past much? we're talking UF TODAY. It's a bad football program and a horrible product to watch on the field. I've stated this before, but I have several business dealings in the Tampa area and know quite a few bullgators that will openly speak, in confidence of course, as to the state of the program at UF and the direction going forward. They are all, to a man, worried that the athletic department is incapable of righting the ship and were very distressed bringing in a 4th choice to head the program post Mac.

And you took a guy we had NO INTEREST IN. Think on that.

I have an extensive upper class clientele that doesn't include the likes of yourself. They regularly share with me in confidence what they think of UF, since I'm always interested in their thoughts and they know I appreciate the game as an art.

You're a man whore?

Bad-dating-advice.jpg

why-your-man-whore-friends-dating-advice-is-holding-you-back

Reactions: PlutoDroid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT