ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen

Has anyone here made any outrageous claims regarding Mullen? Outside of your perceived slight that he’s a better game day coach than Smart? James Franklin was awesome at Vandy. Overall record would have gotten him fired at bigger programs but considering its Vandy it was fair to say he was a better coach than a lot of big names. Same could be said of Bill Snyder at Kansas St. and that argument makes it way into major airwaves when his name comes up. When people do more with less the comparisons flow. Mullen has his shot that Snyder never took and Franklin is trying to prove. I haven’t read anything here over the top about Mullen you just get your feelings hurt and can’t handle an argument deeper than a win loss column. Just don’t have conversation then because you come across like some desperate dude sticking up for a girl out of your league hoping she gives you a handjob.

Has anyone here made any outrageous claims regarding Mullen? Outside of your perceived slight that he’s a better game day coach than Smart? James Franklin was awesome at Vandy. Overall record would have gotten him fired at bigger programs but considering its Vandy it was fair to say he was a better coach than a lot of big names. Same could be said of Bill Snyder at Kansas St. and that argument makes it way into major airwaves when his name comes up. When people do more with less the comparisons flow. Mullen has his shot that Snyder never took and Franklin is trying to prove. I haven’t read anything here over the top about Mullen you just get your feelings hurt and can’t handle an argument deeper than a win loss column. Just don’t have conversation then because you come across like some desperate dude sticking up for a girl out of your league hoping she gives you a handjob.
Just responding to someone’s comment. What’s it to you? You’re pro gayta so of course nothing is over the top to you.

Be interesting to hear the definition of what some of you call basically “a bad or good game day coach”.....it appears that some have the opinion that KS is not good due to a couple of plays....and Danny boy is good because he kept Fla close for 3 quarters...again, not here to get into any huge argument and name calling episode....but I don’t quite grasp that train of thought......a game is 60 minutes at least ..ask us about that re Tenn a couple of years ago....same for you guys vs Tenn on the winning side..,to me it is a whole body of work and certainly not any one game whether it is a win or a loss....

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Kirby took over in 2016. Here's the class rankings for his roster that first year:

2016 - #9 (Freshmen)
2015 - #6 (Sophomore)
2014 - #7 (Junior)
2013 - #12 (Senior)

Average ranking for the roster - #8.5

Final AP Poll ranking in 2016 - Unranked
And your point is? Should have done better I take it??

And your point is? Should have done better I take it??

To be honest given the type of coach I suspect he is, I think he did a pretty good job going 8-5. He won 3 games by a total of 6 points so he easily could have won only 5 games.

But he had plenty of talent from the moment he signed on as coach, that's for sure.

Be interesting to hear the definition of what some of you call basically “a bad or good game day coach”.....it appears that some have the opinion that KS is not good due to a couple of plays....

Go look at Kirby's losses at Georgia. In multiple games he had a big lead at halftime, and the game flipped completely in the 2nd half.

That means the other team made adjustments that caught Kirby flat-footed.

But I go back to what I've always said, as long as Georgia fans love Kirby, more power to them. Give him a lifetime contract and $100M buyout and you won't get any complaints from me.

Be interesting to hear the definition of what some of you call basically “a bad or good game day coach”.....it appears that some have the opinion that KS is not good due to a couple of plays....and Danny boy is good because he kept Fla close for 3 quarters...again, not here to get into any huge argument and name calling episode....but I don’t quite grasp that train of thought......a game is 60 minutes at least ..ask us about that re Tenn a couple of years ago....same for you guys vs Tenn on the winning side..,to me it is a whole body of work and certainly not any one game whether it is a win or a loss....
I would say Mullen took a team that only won 4 games the year before and won 10 games this year and finished in the top 10 in the country.

I would say Mullen took a team that only won 4 games the year before and won 10 games this year and finished in the top 10 in the country.

While Kirby took a team that went 10-3 and finished #24 in the Coaches Poll (unranked in the AP), and went 8-5 and finished unranked his first year.

2018 SECCG was against the #1 team in the nation. Only time in Kirby's career he has played the #1 team but you think it's the 4th biggest game in his career?

LOL. Ok bro.
The 2017 Natty game doesn't happen without the CFP Rose Bowl win or the 2017 SECCG win. Those were also Smart's first coaching appearances in the SECCG and the CFP.
LOL all you want. It doesn't change anything. You're still wrong.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
The 2017 Natty game doesn't happen without the CFP Rose Bowl win or the 2017 SECCG win. Those were also Smart's first coaching appearances in the SECCG and the CFP.
LOL all you want. It doesn't change anything. You're still wrong.

Playing # 4 aubarn in a do-over was bigger than playing the #1 team for the first and only time with an SEC title and playoff spot on the line.

Got it! LOL You're claiming the aubarn game was bigger for Kirby because it is the one he WON, and we both know it.

Last edited:
Playing # 4 aubarn in a do-over was bigger than playing the #1 team for the first and only time with an SEC title and playoff spot on the line.

Got it! LOL You're claiming the aubarn game was bigger for Kirby because it is the one he WON, and we both know it.
Wrong again Ghost. Your bias is eating you up. Again, if Smart doesn't win the SECCG, Smart doesn't coach the CFP Rose Bowl or the natty. It's not that difficult.

Wrong again Ghost. Your bias is eating you up. Again, if Smart doesn't win the SECCG, Smart doesn't coach the CFP Rose Bowl or the natty. It's not that difficult.

I'll even remove the names of the teams to prove how big of a homer you are being here:

2017 SECCG - #6 Georgia plays the #2 team for the SEC title. If Georgia wins they win the SEC title, and improve their chances to make the playoffs.
2018 SECCG - #4 Georgia plays the #1 team for the SEC title. If Georgia wins they win the SEC title, and they are guranteed a spot in the playoffs.

Both games had the SEC title on the line, but the 2018 SECCG also had a guranteed spot in the playoffs on the line.

You think the 2017 SECCG was bigger cause it's the one Kirby won.

I'll even remove the names of the teams to prove how big of a homer you are being here:

2017 SECCG - #6 Georgia plays the #2 team for the SEC title. If Georgia wins they win the SEC title, and improve their chances to make the playoffs.
2018 SECCG - #4 Georgia plays the #1 team for the SEC title. If Georgia wins they win the SEC title, and they are guranteed a spot in the playoffs.

Both games had the SEC title on the line, but the 2018 SECCG also had a guranteed spot in the playoffs on the line.

Intentionally making stuff up to prove I don’t know what. In 2017 a Win in the SEC guaranteed a CFP. A one loss champ didn’t need any further hope. How would winning it in 2017 vs 2018 be any different? Because one was against bammer, that’s why.

We don't make the playoffs in 2017 if we lose the SECCG. Your "improve their chances to make the playoff" line is cute.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
We don't make the playoffs in 2017 if we lose the SECCG. Your "improve their chances to make the playoff" line is cute.

By this logic you should think the 2017 opener against App State was Kirby's biggest game, because without beating them, none of the rest happens.

Damn dude LOL

By this logic you should think the 2017 opener against App State was Kirby's biggest game, because without beating them, none of the rest happens.

Damn dude LOL
Here's what we know without speculation.
Georgia wins a Rose Bowl and makes the natty after winning the 2017 SECCG.
Georgia loses the 2018 SECCG.
The 2017 SECCG was bigger to the program.

That wasn't what I said. I said the 2017 NC and 2018 SECCG were Kirby's two biggest games. He lost both to poor coaching.

Only more time:

SECCG A - #2 vs #6

SECCG B - #1 vs #4

Which one is the bigger and more important game?

Everyone knows its B. So do you. Damn dude LOL

Well, yeah, but if you had won in ‘18, wouldn’t that have been bigger to the program?

Good point....I would counter respectfully that KS, with a true freshman QB, took a team to an SEC Championship and runner up in NC game in second year.

That wasn't what I said. I said the 2017 NC and 2018 SECCG were Kirby's two biggest games. He lost both to poor coaching.

Only more time:

SECCG A - #2 vs #6

SECCG B - #1 vs #4

If he doesn't win 17 SECCG then 17 Natty doesn't happen. 17 SECCG > 18 SECCG.
Any CFP game > any league championship game. The rankings of the teams in the championship games aren't necessarily a deciding factor.
You're the only one who agrees with... you.
For that matter, shouldn't it be up to a respective team's fan base as to what their biggest games are?

Go look at Kirby's losses at Georgia. In multiple games he had a big lead at halftime, and the game flipped completely in the 2nd half.

That means the other team made adjustments that caught Kirby flat-footed.

But I go back to what I've always said, as long as Georgia fans love Kirby, more power to them. Give him a lifetime contract and $100M buyout and you won't get any complaints from me.
Well, his first year was a changing of attitude in Athens, kind of a buy in or get gone mentality. I can think of no game after year one where he had a big lead and lost - Auburn beat the hell out of us in Auburn..LSU did same as I recall. We had what I would call narrow or small leads on Bama and as you say, lost. But it certainly wasn’t a large lead in my opinion. As a matter of fact we came back against Oklahoma and a Heisman winner not once....but twice to win. One time we were down by 17.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

Only more time:

SECCG A - #2 vs #6

SECCG B - #1 vs #4

Equally big...how bout that...

Good point....I would counter respectfully that KS, with a true freshman QB, took a team to an SEC Championship and runner up in NC game in second year.

Georgia had a great season in 2017 and since Kirby is the coach, he gets the credit for that good season.

But in the biggest game of the season, Georgia blew a big lead and lost a NC. Kirby has to take a big chunk of the blame for that as well.

Georgia had a great season in 2017 and since Kirby is the coach, he gets the credit for that good season.

But in the biggest game of the season, Georgia blew a big lead and lost a NC. Kirby has to take a big chunk of the blame for that as well.
Big lead?? To me 13 is not a big lead....it is 2 plays....ask Tebow, I bet he would agree with me

No. #1 vs #4 is always bigger than #2 vs #6. Especially in the SAME game, and according to the Georgia fan, with the very same things on the line.

Georgia fans are saying the 2017 SECCG was bigger for Kirby CAUSE HE WON IT.
Cannot agree due to playoff set up....SEC was basically guaranteed 1 spot in either game...jmo

Big lead?? To me 13 is not a big lead....it is 2 plays....ask Tebow, I bet he would agree with me

13 points against Bama's offense with Jalen might as well have been 30 points.

Either way, you just confirmed your coach blew a 2 TD lead to lose the NC game.

If you want to give Kirby credit for what he's earned, you also have to give him blame for what he's earned.

Only more time:

SECCG A - #2 vs #6

SECCG B - #1 vs #4

Exactly the same, as anyone would tell you that doesnt hate Kirby like a little girl having a spazz attack.
giphy.gif

13 points against Bama's offense with Jalen might as well have been 30 points.

Either way, you just confirmed your coach blew a 2 TD lead to lose the NC game.

If you want to give Kirby credit for what he's earned, you also have to give him blame for what he's earned.
Was 13 points indeed sure.....I can write a small book on all the games both UGA and FLa have comeback from similar deficits to win.........While you are comparing coaches and taking shots....you want to compare game day coaching....I point to 9/23/2017 when Danny boy brought his Bulldogs to Athens and it was a clinic. You want to talk halftime adjustments, the good Dawgs were up 14-3 at halftime and hung 17 on the Starkville mutts in the third.....it was a coaching clinic and the Starkville hounds never knew what hit them nor where it came from. Now, having said that I am willing to admit that happened to us vs Auburn and LSU. Point is, it happens to any and all who coach. Heck Clemson beat the living hell out of Bama this year. But I don’t people are saying Little Nicky is any less of a Coach due to it.

Was 13 points indeed sure.....I can write a small book on all the games both UGA and FLa have comeback from similar deficits to win.........While you are comparing coaches and taking shots....you want to compare game day coaching....I point to 9/23/2017 when Danny boy brought his Bulldogs to Athens and it was a clinic. You want to talk halftime adjustments, the good Dawgs were up 14-3 at halftime and hung 17 on the Starkville mutts in the third.....it was a coaching clinic and the Starkville hounds never knew what hit them nor where it came from. Now, having said that I am willing to admit that happened to us vs Auburn and LSU. Point is, it happens to any and all who coach. Heck Clemson beat the living hell out of Bama this year. But I don’t people are saying Little Nicky is any less of a Coach due to it.

So you want to talk about Kirby's good coaching.....by recounting him beating Miss State?

Yep, that's about the size of it, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT