ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen

Has nothing to do with anything and that's the nice thing about college football, sometimes you dont know how good teams are going into it...ALSO...like how some coaches are the greatest but choke under pressure too.

Yep. Every Georgia fan was convinced they were better than Texas. Then they got their asses handed to them and found out they weren't.

Mullen had 4 top-25 wins just last year after having 10 total in 9 years at MSU. Why do you think that is? He suddenly became a better coach?

Because winning at Miss State is incredibly difficult. No way Kirby would have made it 10 years there, much less taken the team to the first #1 ranking in program history.

I suspect he would have been fired after 4 years with a sub .500 record.

Better talent, no doubt.

Thats the answer. Not a whole lot more needs to be said.

You guys can’t have it both ways. You can’t brag about all these recruiting titles and talk about how important it is and be predicting future championships but then act like talent doesn’t matter when looking at his results at MSU where he was regularly behind 4-5 teams in his own division talent wise. I know y’all would like to believe he couldn’t get talent there because he’s a terrible recruiter but nobody has recruited well at MSU. It’s a poor school in a podunk town with shitty facilities and a ridiculous losing history. They’ve played for a conference title ONE time and that was when they were cheating and they still only went 8-4.

Thats the answer. Not a whole lot more needs to be said.

You guys can’t have it both ways. You can’t brag about all these recruiting titles and talk about how important it is and be predicting future championships but then act like talent doesn’t matter when looking at his results at MSU where he was regularly behind 4-5 teams in his own division talent wise. I know y’all would like to believe he couldn’t get talent there because he’s a terrible recruiter but nobody has recruited well at MSU. It’s a poor school in a podunk town with shitty facilities and a ridiculous losing history. They’ve played for a conference title ONE time and that was when they were cheating and they still only went 8-4.
I agree, but you can’t have it both ways either. Mullen can’t get drilled by Kirby two straight years only to have you all proclaim he’s better. How is that any different? And to be fair, I’ve said Mullen is a good coach. I just like ours better.

And I’m still waiting for you to answer my question on his 4th top 25 win last year??

I agree, but you can’t have it both ways either. Mullen can’t get drilled by Kirby two straight years only to have you all proclaim he’s better. How is that any different? And to be fair, I’ve said Mullen is a good coach. I just like ours better.

And I’m still waiting for you to answer my question on his 4th top 25 win last year??

MSU, LSU, USC, and Michigan. USC May have finished unranked idk and if so I stand corrected. Doesn’t change the point any though. He averaged 1 win over a ranked team per year at MSU, if its 3 well he’s already upped his average. Largely because he has better talent now. The rest is TBD.

I agree, but you can’t have it both ways either. Mullen can’t get drilled by Kirby two straight years only to have you all proclaim he’s better.

Why not? If Kirby is coaching at Iowa State this year and loses to Mullen at Florida, does that prove Mullen is a better coach?

Mullen is a better coach because he's done more with less while Kirby has done less with more.

Again, does Kirby last 10 seasons at Miss State? Take them to the program's only #1 ranking?

We both know he doesn't. Kirby with 3 classes under his belt beat Mullen with a short class under his. Wait till Mullen has 3 classes under his belt and see how Kirby does.

Assuming Kirby is still in Athens then...

Why not? If Kirby is coaching at Iowa State this year and loses to Mullen at Florida, does that prove Mullen is a better coach?

Mullen is a better coach because he's done more with less while Kirby has done less with more.

Again, does Kirby last 10 seasons at Miss State? Take them to the program's only #1 ranking?

We both know he doesn't. Kirby with 3 classes under his belt beat Mullen with a short class under his. Wait till Mullen has 3 classes under his belt and see how Kirby does.

This narrative you keep pushing about Smrt leaving Athens in the next 3-4 years intrigues me.

Why do you think this?

I can think of a few reasons why:

1. To go to the NFL. But Smrt is a mediocre tactician at best, can't see the NFL bringing him in as a HC, and I can't see him leaving Georgia to be a DC in the pros.

2. To take a bigger, better paying college job. But UGa is a big boy school, they can match any poacher.

3. Fired for performance. But UGa has proven to be a patient school, they let Richt wander around for a decade winning 8-9 games a year, and even a blind monkey could win 9 games with the talent Georgia is bringing in. A fact Smrt has already proven, btw.

4. Fired for NCAA violations. Hmmm. Is this what you are implying, Ghost? If it is, you won't get an argument from me.

5: ?

When we rushed for 170 yards and you rushed for 189? That game?

Man, you just love to make shit up to fit your narrative, don't you?
Did you I even read what I said? 4th quarter bud, 4th quarter. Our big boys wear teams down...

I’m sorry you disagree. What did I make up?

I have no clue. I don’t live in hypothetical lala land like you.

All of your little what-if scenarios don’t interest me. If you’re right, Mullen will prove it on the field soon.

All that talent and big boy ball led UGA to a 3 loss season. I still can’t wrap my head around how that can happen.

They clearly have the best coach, the best QB, the best oline, the best RBs, the best oline coach, the best S&C coach in the entire country. How do you lose 3 games?

I assumed they went undefeated and won the national title the way UGA fans talk about their team.

All that talent and big boy ball led UGA to a 3 loss season. I still can’t wrap my head around how that can happen.

They clearly have the best coach, the best QB, the best oline, the best RBs, the best oline coach, the best S&C coach in the entire country. How do you lose 3 games?

I assumed they went undefeated and won the national title the way UGA fans talk about their team.
It happens when you’re one of the youngest teams in the country that’s lacking leadership.

The beauty of it for us - not you - is that those youngsters that ran you out of Jax last year are going to be sophomores and juniors this year...Ruh roh

Did you I even read what I said? 4th quarter bud, 4th quarter. Our big boys wear teams down...

I’m sorry you disagree. What did I make up?

Your Oline did not dominate. Less than 200 yards rushing in a game is simply not a dominating performance.

But evidently you think us having less Dline depth means you have a better Oline. smh

You need to read Football for Dummies. The book was literally written for you.

It happens when you’re one of the youngest teams in the country that’s lacking leadership.

The beauty of it for us - not you - is that those youngsters that ran you out of Jax last year are going to be sophomores and juniors this year...Ruh roh

Boy are you going to be upset when we whip that ass this year.

Your Oline did not dominate. Less than 200 yards rushing in a game is simply not a dominating performance.

But evidently you think us having less Dline depth means you have a better Oline. smh

You need to read Football for Dummies. The book was literally written for you.
Our o line wore your team down, thus the domination started late 3rd quarter. Spin it how you want, but you didn’t stop us much in the 4th. We had 4 scores to your 1 after your touchdown early in the 3rd. I wonder how football for dummies would explain that.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
3. Fired for performance. But UGa has proven to be a patient school, they let Richt wander around for a decade winning 8-9 games a year, and even a blind monkey could win 9 games with the talent Georgia is bringing in. A fact Smrt has already proven, btw.

4. Fired for NCAA violations. Hmmm. Is this what you are implying, Ghost? If it is, you won't get an argument from me.

5: ?

Fired for performance. I don't think Kirby will cheat and never saw anything while he was at Bama that suggested that he was cheating. Say what you will about Saban, but he outrecruits everyone because he outworks them, and he demands that his staff work just as hard as he does. Kirby lasted so long because he was willing to put in the work that Saban demanded.

Barbara Dooley was on Finebaum's show a few years ago while Kirby was still at Bama, and she said she went to Bama's coaches offices and saw Kirby and she told him "Damn Kirby, you look like hell! You been sleeping in your office again?" She was trying to dig on Kirby that Saban is making him work his ass off and that he wouldn't have to do that at Georgia.

That doesn't mean he won't start cheating tomorrow, but I've never seen anything that suggests he is now or has up till this point.

Now, back to performance. Georgia fans to a man expect Kirby to win the SEC this year and in 2020, and win a NC one of those years. That's where their expectations are right now.

So at MINIMUM, Kirby needs to win the SEC this year or in 2020. If he can do that, they will be willing to give him more time.

If he doesn't, the boobirds will start to come out. Especially when you consider that if he can't win the next two seasons, Florida will be a big part of the reason why.

Basically, the quicker Mullen gets the Gators rolling, the quicker Kirby gets shitcanned.

Reactions: fsumc
Boy are you going to be upset when we whip that ass this year.
I’m pretty confident that’s not going to happen, but if it does, I’ll be here to take my medicine. Better hope your lines are up for the challenge. Kirby going to bring it with all that smack Mullen keeps talking.

Ok, last time. We had true freshmen and converted safeties playing corner last year due to injuries. This year CB is a strength. We will go man, island the CB's and stuff your run and sack your QB and generally make your life miserable. You ran for 189 yards against a team that couldn't put 8 in the box. What will you do when we are up in your grill?

Your offense is predictable and unimaginative. Nothing to fear.

Our o line wore your team down, thus the domination started late 3rd quarter. Spin it how you want, but you didn’t stop us much in the 4th. We had 4 scores to your 1 after your touchdown early in the 3rd. I wonder how football for dummies would explain that.

If you read it, you would find out.

So what happened in year 1 when Kirby lost 5 games and was worse than the prior year? How does that happen with the best everything?

Ok, last time. We had true freshmen and converted safeties playing corner last year due to injuries. This year CB is a strength. We will go man, island the CB's and stuff your run and sack your QB and generally make your life miserable. You ran for 189 yards against a team that couldn't put 8 in the box. What will you do when we are up in your grill?

Your offense is predictable and unimaginative. Nothing to fear.
Lol, you want to compare injuries then? I can promise we had more than you, and still beat you by 20.

So what happened in year 1 when Kirby lost 5 games and was worse than the prior year? How does that happen with the best everything?
Lost 3 games by a total of 5 points. Could have swung either way, just like several of your wins last year.

And don't forget, 3 of those wins came by a total of 6 points. Kirby could have easily won 5 games in his first year.

After Richt won 10 the season before.
Lost to the 3 ranked teams he played. Beat La Monroe, an FCS, and Ga Southern in OT. Only played 6 FBS with a winning record, going 3-3. Vandy 4-8, Mizzou 5-7, uSC 3-9, UK 5-7, GT 3-9.

Very impressive.

Easy. Lack of depth. This was the same roster that went 4-7 the year before. Kentucky did the same thing in the second half our our game, it’s not like it was a formula only UGA is capable of using. LSU did too but we were able to hold on.

It’s getting better though. Perfect example...last year our top two corners go down at different points and the backup was a guy who’s second best offer was Florida Atlantic. He’s the one y’all picked on the entire second half. This year if our top two corners go down we have two HS All-American, top 100 DB’s to fill in and give some snaps.

Easy. Lack of depth. This was the same roster that went 4-7 the year before. Kentucky did the same thing in the second half our our game, it’s not like it was a formula only UGA is capable of using. LSU did too but we were able to hold on.

It’s getting better though. Perfect example...last year our top two corners go down at different points and the backup was a guy who’s second best offer was Florida Atlantic. He’s the one y’all picked on the entire second half. This year if our top two corners go down we have two HS All-American, top 100 DB’s to fill in and give some snaps.
And that’s why Kirby recruits so hard, to create not only depth, but quality depth. I think with Mullen at UF and Pruitt at Tennessee the East will be back to the “old east” soon.

Reactions: oozie7
Final AP rankings:

6 - LSU
7 - Florida
7 - Georgia

Looks like the AP gave a shit.

Mullen in year 1 finishes with the same ranking as Kirby in year 3.

SEC East Final Rankings (real rankings):

1. Georgia
2. Kentucky
3. Florida

The fake news poll has Florida tied with Georgia and ahead of Kentucky, two teams that beat them head to head and finished with equal or better records. Makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Easy killer. The east used to be way more competitive is all that I’m saying. I don’t think we’ve broken a sweat playing east teams the last two years...
The SEC of the 90s was a Tennessee, Alabama, Florida league and really it was Florida and everyone else. You guys had a nice run as an SEC rep when Richt first got there but still never won a national title. If the East gets back to being like it was you are going to be very miserable.

SEC East Final Rankings (real rankings):

1. Georgia
2. Kentucky
3. Florida

The fake news poll has Florida tied with Georgia and ahead of Kentucky, two teams that beat them head to head and finished with equal or better records. Makes a hell of a lot of sense.

#7 Georgia
#9 Texas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT