ADVERTISEMENT

Merrick Garland Names Special Counsel on Trump; Still No Special Counsel on Hunter Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll attempt to simply explain but I'm sure it will go over like a fart in church with this crowd.

Historically a SC is appointed to remove political influence from an investigation, particularly around elections.

A SC, and his/her staff, has no direct contact with the day to day activities of the justice department and works independently. Ultimately findings are presented the AG who then decides whether charges are warranted or not.

I think the AG appointed a SC because of Trump's announced presidential candidacy and to keep historical norms.
Don't patronize me. I know fully well what a SC is. And while you are correct that removing the illusion of partisanship is a major factor it is not the major factor here.
This is pure Democrat playbook 101. It is no different than the Russian collusion hoax except this time they didn't dare lie to get warrants to obtain a pretense...they sent in the FBI to raid his damn house.
It's simple 1) get data whether it be thru illegal wiretaps, spying or raiding a residence 2) send out talking heads that swear that illegal crap has happened 3) either investigate (Congressional) or appoint a special council to muddy the waters for years. At the end of the day nobody cares where any of it goes because the damage is done. Half the country still believes Trump was in bed with Russians.

You do a raid when you KNOW what's there and you are doing the raid to get it.

They did a raid to try to find something.

And they couldn't. Because unlike the left, Trump doesn't break the law.
It's why they didn't have an inventory of what they were there to collect. It's also why they ended up taking items they should not have taken like Trump's passports and magazines, etc.

It's why they didn't have an inventory of what they were there to collect. It's also why they ended up taking items they should not have taken like Trump's passports and magazines, etc.
It was a fishing expedition.
They could have gone swimming at Mira Lago, get dressed and put back on their blue windbreakers, walked out with empty Uhaul boxes, and gotten asshats Clapper/Brennan/etc to make up some crap on MSNBC that they found nuclear secrets and witnessed Trump eating documents and the lefties would eat it up...oh wait

Deflect, deflect, deflect. No answer.

winter-winter-is-coming.gif

I'll attempt to simply explain but I'm sure it will go over like a fart in church with this crowd.

Historically a SC is appointed to remove political influence from an investigation, particularly around elections.

A SC, and his/her staff, has no direct contact with the day to day activities of the justice department and works independently. Ultimately findings are presented the AG who then decides whether charges are warranted or not.

I think the AG appointed a SC because of Trump's announced presidential candidacy and to keep historical norms.
Same with the Russia Russia Russia collusion? GMAFB

Don't patronize me. I know fully well what a SC is. And while you are correct that removing the illusion of partisanship is a major factor it is not the major factor here.
This is pure Democrat playbook 101. It is no different than the Russian collusion hoax except this time they didn't dare lie to get warrants to obtain a pretense...they sent in the FBI to raid his damn house.
It's simple 1) get data whether it be thru illegal wiretaps, spying or raiding a residence 2) send out talking heads that swear that illegal crap has happened 3) either investigate (Congressional) or appoint a special council to muddy the waters for years. At the end of the day nobody cares where any of it goes because the damage is done. Half the country still believes Trump was in bed with Russian

I'm not trying to patronize but I knew from the jump my comment would not be received well.

The raid warrant had to be approved by a federal judge based on highly credible evidence. Appears the evidence was/is credible. My conjecture is Garland named a special counsel for a couple of reasons. One being, whether you like it or believe it, was to separate the investigation from day to day DOJ. Second, probably not as Trump had hoped that his candidacy would provide a prosecutorial shield, to expedite the investigation so it doesn't drag on like the Russian investigation. I think it has to be completed 12 to 15 months at most or the DOJ runs into the same problem of reporting the findings to close to the 24 election.

Just a tidbit. Garland's approval to the CC was more than illusion. Final vote was 73 to 26. Do not know which Senator did not cast a vote.

I'm not trying to patronize but I knew from the jump my comment would not be received well.

The raid warrant had to be approved by a federal judge based on highly credible evidence. Appears the evidence was/is credible. My conjecture is Garland named a special counsel for a couple of reasons. One being, whether you like it or believe it, was to separate the investigation from day to day DOJ. Second, probably not as Trump had hoped that his candidacy would provide a prosecutorial shield, to expedite the investigation so it doesn't drag on like the Russian investigation. I think it has to be completed 12 to 15 months at most or the DOJ runs into the same problem of reporting the findings to close to the 24 election.
Like the FISA warrants the FBI lied on. Give me a F break.

2 of 4 warrants were declared invalid by the DOJ.
I guess when the FBI LIES to obtain a warrant on a political oppnenet...it is not that big of a deal? And when they KNEW the dossier was FAKE, but used it to obtain that warrant to overthrow a political opponent..HOW IN HELL can you come here and try to make light of that? Want o know what FASCISM is? Do you accept that the FBI gets involved and treats people VERY differently because of who they support politically? Where is the outrage? REAL Americans would NEVER, EVER accept this, so if ANY person reading this accepts that behavior...guess what? YOU ARE NOT a REAL American...you are just living in OUR Country.

I guess when the FBI LIES to obtain a warrant on a political oppnenet...it is not that big of a deal? And when they KNEW the dossier was FAKE, but used it to obtain that warrant to overthrow a political opponent..HOW IN HELL can you come here and try to make light of that? Want o know what FASCISM is? Do you accept that the FBI gets involved and treats people VERY differently because of who they support politically? Where is the outrage? REAL Americans would NEVER, EVER accept this, so if ANY person reading this accepts that behavior...guess what? YOU ARE NOT a REAL American...you are just living in OUR Country.
You "misread" the point. You implied all warrants we illegal. A judge can only go on what's presented. If those two requests were illegal those who requested them should be prosecuted to the extent of the law. No one is above the law. I do believe in the rule of law.

Washington DC (swamp). -- Where the corrupt politicians and their chosen equally corrupt bureaucrats cover for and protect each other.

The Hilldibeast: "If they come after me, I'll take half of Washington down with me." (she didn't realize that most of us were hoping for that result)

With the current swamp Rats and their FBI & DoJ domestic terrorists backing their play, Laws don't mean squat anymore, unless they decide to come after you or me.

Prime Example for me: The total ignoring and/or reversal of the Immigration LAWS that are on the books. They are instead aiding and abetting the criminal invasion and destruction of America with their WIDE OPEN BORDERS....
😡

I’m confused, can someone post the four FISA warrants that were submitted? Can someone also tell us what two were the false warrants?

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Wasn't Nixon really a racist dem? @bigg8tr or @Uniformed_ReRe isn't that how the game is played? Just claim the parties flipped after that?

You obviously are ignorant of what the Southern Strategy was.....

Let me explain it to you.... as simple as it can be...

It was a strategy by the GOP to target white Southern voters who primarily voted Democrat prior to the late 60s and early 70s. The goal was to get them those "Democrats" to vote Repub by stroking and focusing on their racial fears.

Don't involve me in this BS ignorance ....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
You obviously are ignorant of what the Southern Strategy was..... Let me explain it to you.... as simple as it can be...
It was a strategy by the GOP to target white Southern voters who primarily voted Democrat prior to the late 60s and early 70s. The goal was to get them those "Democrats" to vote Repub by stroking and focusing on their racial fears.
Don't involve me in this BS ignorance ....
You just stepped into the biggest cow patty. In the 60's and 70's the GOP was white, liberal rich people. The south was predominately Democrats. White, black, purple and polka dotted. The Democrat Party took a sharp left with LBJ and his "Great Society". What was the "Great Society" you might ask? It was his plan to attract white liberals & keep black folk voting Democrat for the next 100 years. (I toned down his exact words, do yourself a favor to look what his words were). Southern white folks didn't leave the Dimtard Party, it left them.

And here we are 50 years later. Many of the poor black folk are still on that plantation, still voting against their own political interests. You've been hoodwinked.

Reactions: gatordad3
You just stepped into the biggest cow patty. In the 60's and 70's the GOP was white, liberal rich people. The south was predominately Democrats. White, black, purple and polka dotted. The Democrat Party took a sharp left with LBJ and his "Great Society". What was the "Great Society" you might ask? It was his plan to attract white liberals & keep black folk voting Democrat for the next 100 years. (I toned down his exact words, do yourself a favor to look what his words were). Southern white folks didn't leave the Dimtard Party, it left them.

And here we are 50 years later. Many of the poor black folk are still on that plantation, still voting against their own political interests. You've been hoodwinked.

Kinda funny how you ignore exactly what the GOP admitted to....

Your ignorance as to what the "Southern Strategy" was/is reeks off of you. You conveniently ignore the political ideological difference within both the Democratc(N.Dems more liberal and push for Civil rights; S.Dems conservative and against equal rights) and Republican (Eastern Repubs more liberal vs Western Repubs more conservative) parties during the 20th Century. You still can't even formulate a factual argument that even legitimately contradicts actual history

But Your whole schtik is stuff and occurred pre-Goldwater/Nixon. But lets agree the Southern Democrats were racist AF. They joined the KKK, they flew the Confedeate Battle Flag at civil rights marches, they favored segregation, they voted Democrat because it kept the Dixiecrats in Power. The were the Part of "State's Rights" over Federal Power.

Was the "Southern Strategy" based solely on racial angst amongst white Southern Dems, absolutely not,no political strategy is, based on on issue Its foolish to think, that is what I m implying.

Yet, your obvious cognitive dissonance ignores the fact that the GOP, self-admittedly,courted white Southerners, who previously voted Democrat. Oh wait, you listen to "pop" revisionists like Dinesh DeSousa(since you've qoted him before"

Yet, that rat ignores..

In 1969, an aide in the Nixon White House named Kevin Phillips published a book titled the Emerging Republican Majority. The book argued that the Republican Party needed to use racial and social issues to build up a base of socially conservative voters in the south. Although he has discussed other targeted political issues, race was an issue and used to curry votes from white Southerns pissed about the Civil Rights Act..

Then there is this quote be Lee Atwater a GOP political strategist on the "Southern Strategy"

You start out in 1954 by saying, “N, n, n.” By 1968 you can’t say “n”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N, n.”

Then this in 2005

GOP Apologizes for Southern Strategy

Mike Allen, �RNC Chief to Say It Was �Wrong� to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes,� July 14, 2005

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

So you see, those white Southern voters of the racist AF Democrat party now vote for the GOP.

Who do leaders and members of the KKK support now, the GOP.

Who do those folks that waive the Confederate Battle Flag overwhelmingly vote for? The GOP.

Who does far right known racist organizations throw their support behind? The GOP.

In these "Sundown" towns(racial segregation) that exist, who do they vote for? The GOP.

What party is now all about States rights? The GOP.

But yeah, according to you there was no "Southern Strategy" even though GOP operatives/campaign managers/RNC chairpersons admit it. Somehow the type of folks that demonstrated racist behavior back in the day voted Dem, but now those same types with the same type of racist behavior now vote GOP...

Coincidence? Naaaaah.

Am I suggesting every GOP is racist etc... no. Just like every Dem back in the day wasn't racist.

But to somehow ignore the type of folks who used to vote Dem in the South, now vote GOP, is foolish.

Last edited:
Here we go again with the "democrats later became republicans" BS.
So if the racist dems all became racist republicans in 1964.....

Why did the dems continue to support Lyndon B Johnson, arguably the most racist President ever?

Why did the dems nominate Joe Biden as their candidate in 2020 and why do they continue to support him? He's an even bigger racist than LBJ.

Let's see....he said black obama had bright political future because unlike most blacks, he was CLEAN.

He said hispanics are an incredibly diverse community, unlike blacks.

He eulogized a former KKK Grand Wizard. So did hussein and hildabeast.

And the killing blow, his own VP called him a racist TO HIS FACE during a primary debate in 2020.

So @bigg8tr if all the racists left the dem party in 64, how do you explain why the democratic party in 2022 is so racist?

Sheep live to be hoodwinked.

Reactions: jfegaly
So if the racist dems all became racist republicans in 1964.....

Why did the dems continue to support Lyndon B Johnson, arguably the most racist President ever?

Why did the dems nominate Joe Biden as their candidate in 2020 and why do they continue to support him? He's an even bigger racist than LBJ.

Let's see....he said black obama had bright political future because unlike most blacks, he was CLEAN.

He said hispanics are an incredibly diverse community, unlike blacks.

He eulogized a former KKK Grand Wizard. So did hussein and hildabeast.

So @bigg8tr if all the racists left the dem party in 64, how do you explain why the democratic party in 2022 is so racist?

Sheep live to be hoodwinked.

You really cant be this ignorant on the subjects you just mentioned, are you?

None of what you implied is remotely true.

Google, is your friend. Don't tag me again as you simply want to sit in an echo chamber of your beliefs.

Move along Opey.... stay comforted in your ignorance.

Kinda funny how you ignore exactly what the GOP admitted to....
Speaking of admissions: What did DEMOCRAT President LBJ say about his 'Great Society' program? About how he'd have blacks voting democrat for 200 years?

Only he didn't use the word 'blacks', did he?

You really cant be this ignorant on the subjects you just mentioned, are you?

None of what you implied is remotely true.

Google, is your friend. Don't tag me again as you simply want to sit in an echo chamber of your beliefs.

Move along Opey.... stay comforted in your ignorance.

Speaking of admissions: What did DEMOCRAT President LBJ say about his 'Great Society' program? About how he'd have blacks voting democrat for 200 years?

Only he didn't use the word 'blacks', did he?

No he didn't....

but you forget Reagan referred to African delegates as Monkeys. Or how about He vetoed sanctions against South Africa's apartheid regime. He opposed the 1964’s Civil Rights Act and 1965’s Voting Rights Acts, openly defended housing segregation by arguing that property owners had the right to “discriminate against Negroes,” and initially opposed the of Martin Luther King Day.

Ron DeSantis said a black man was going to "monkey things up"

We can play this game for weeks....

LMAO! Sorry bro, you don't get to stick your head in the sand and deny reality.

Now that Google has helped me establish that Biden is a massive racist.....how the hell do you justify voting for and supporting such a monster?

Shame on you.

Your hood is showing.....

You think that's racist? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because he said he was articulate? Because he said he was clean? Because he said he was good looking?

You ve never said anyone was articulate? You act as if he said "well he speaks well for a black man" that speaks more about you than Biden.

You voted for Trump didnt.... Foh...

Last edited:
No he didn't....

but you forget Reagan referred to African delegates as Monkeys. Or how about He vetoed sanctions against South Africa's apartheid regime. He opposed the 1964’s Civil Rights Act and 1965’s Voting Rights Acts, openly defended housing segregation by arguing that property owners had the right to “discriminate against Negroes,” and initially opposed the of Martin Luther King Day.

Ron DeSantis said a black man was going to "monkey things up"

We can play this game for weeks....
And how many times have dems in the Senate TODAY referred to Tim Scott as the TOKEN black conservative?

See you keep talking about how things were in 1960s.....your party is racist TODAY.

How is that possible if all the racists left the party?

How did you nominate and support a massive racist in 2020?

Shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT