ADVERTISEMENT

MDFers Hot Hiden Economy

Reactions: LordofallSocks
Kind of like what gatordad said. I don't think people eat there. So of these places close because of capitalism. The market just isn't interested in eating there. Do you go to those places often?

Kind of like what gatordad said. I don't think people eat there. So of these places close because of capitalism. The market just isn't interested in eating there. Do you go to those places often?
I can count the number of times I've eaten out in the past 10 years on one hand. My wife is a borderline chef, or would have been had it paid enough.🤪

I can count the number of times I've eaten out in the past 10 years on one hand. My wife is a borderline chef, or would have been had it paid enough.🤪
If she is good have her cook me dinner one night. I will let you know if she is a keeper or not.

White trash central. Yes businesses fail when allowed to operate outside of government tyranny and shutdowns. Free markets alive and well, hopefully somebody uses the space to offer great local organic libby food. The future is here…

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
I believe it's privately owned. It's been around for almost 3 decades. I once saw David Lamm and his fat ass there once. I barely resisted punching his face the second I saw him.
Lamm was kind of an idiot on the radio.. But I've met him, he's actually a decent guy. He dang sure wasn't shy about putting some groceries down.:p

I know a General Manager of the local Bone Fish Grill. They do okay, although about 1/3 of all their business is from To Go orders. The Outbacks and the Carrabba's in this area seem to always be busy. He told me this is just a business move. These 41 locations that are closing are all stuck in bad leases wherein they where paying way way too much $ or they are simply in bad locations that just isn't getting the business.

They have plans to open around 45 new restaurants over the next 2 years, many in the same cities but better locations or better leases then the ones closing.

I would guess that they are just weak brands and the market washed them out.

I know a General Manager of the local Bone Fish Grill. They do okay, although about 1/3 of all their business is from To Go orders. The Outbacks and the Carrabba's in this area seem to always be busy. He told me this is just a business move. These 41 locations that are closing are all stuck in bad leases wherein they where paying way way too much $ or they are simply in bad locations that just isn't getting the business.

They have plans to open around 45 new restaurants over the next 2 years, many in the same cities but better locations or better leases then the ones closing.
Outback just opened up a new one here where I live.
I can proudly count on half of one hand how many times I’ve eaten at an Outback/Carrabbas/Bonefish grill in the last 20 years - combined.

I’ve never been a fan of Outback at all. No loss for me.
dumb-and-dumber-shrimp.gif

I believe it's privately owned. It's been around for almost 3 decades. I once saw David Lamm and his fat ass there once. I barely resisted punching his face the second I saw him.
He would kick the ever loving piss out of you jelly. Wouldn’t be close.

Cross Creek is not new. Better steak than Ruth Chris, too.
Ever eat at the Mediterannia on the corner of 13 and Baymeadows road? Greek food I think. But their steak and spaghetti were some good eats 25 years ago. I dunno if it's even there anymore. I get hives just from crossing the SJR. I so seldom go over there, I easily get lost.:p

Reactions: gatordad3
FYI Lamm despised Urban Meyer (as did many who kept quiet about it because he won) and the day Meyer left UF he absolutely unleashed a stream of invective against Urbie on air.
Lamm was more of a fan of UF than you know.

Ever eat at the Mediterannia on the corner of 13 and Baymeadows road? Greek food I think. But their steak and spaghetti were some good eats 25 years ago. I dunno if it's even there anymore. I get hives just from crossing the SJR. I so seldom go over there, I easily get lost.:p
13 and Baymeadows? You mean San Jose Blvd and Baymeadows?
Mediterranea has been gone for several years but it was good. Stonewood is across the street.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
FYI Lamm despised Urban Meyer (as did many who kept quiet about it because he won) and the day Meyer left UF he absolutely unleashed a stream of invective against Urbie on air.
Lamm was more of a fan of UF than you know.
Everyone on 1010 XL hated Meyer, but loved Zook, Muschamp and Butters Mcelwain only because they kissed every ass on the 1010 XL crew. Meyer never did.
I don't know about Lamm being UF fan but I heard him several mornings on my way to work literally trashing the 2006 and 2007 Gator hoops team, mainly Billy Donovan and Joakim Noah.

13 and Baymeadows? You mean San Jose Blvd and Baymeadows?
Mediterranea has been gone for several years but it was good. Stonewood is across the street.
13 IS San Jose Blvd. Women and their sense of direction, geography, and in general, all roadways. My wife is the same way. :p But yes, sadly I was afraid it might be a goner. It's been a long time since I've eaten there, YEARS ago. Another place I loved was Mongolian BBQ in the same shopping plaza where Monkey's Uncle used to be off San Jose. Nothing about it was BBQ, it was Chinese on the rotating flat wok. Good stuff! Fix your own bowl, pickem and grill em. I'll bet it's gone the way of the buffalo too.:oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT