ADVERTISEMENT

MDFers Hot Hiden Economy

13 IS San Jose Blvd. Women and their sense of direction, geography, and in general, all roadways. My wife is the same way. :p But yes, sadly I was afraid it might be a goner. It's been a long time since I've eaten there, YEARS ago. Another place I loved was Mongolian BBQ in the same shopping plaza where Monkey's Uncle used to be off San Jose. Nothing about it was BBQ, it was Chinese on the rotating flat wok. Good stuff! Fix your own bowl, pickem and grill em. I'll bet it's gone the way of the buffalo too.:oops:
I’m from Jacksonville and I KNOW that SJB is SR13.
Men and their reading comprehension can just be soooooo sideways 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Overrated IMO
john-grisham-noting-hill.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
I put over 300,000 miles on my truck traveling the state hunting before there were GPS in cars. I think I'll be fine. (unless I'm on the westside of Jacksonville, uncharted territory) 😂

jack-nicholson-creepy-smile.gif
There are parts of the Westside I’ve never seen and don’t want to see. Same for the Northside.
I will drive through on the expressway very fast and not look either way.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
There are parts of the Westside I’ve never seen and don’t want to see. Same for the Northside.
I will drive through on the expressway very fast and not look either way.
Wave if you're on Lem Turner and it's dark out. 😁

Last edited:
It's north side and I carry a gun at work because homeless people apparently steal catalytic converters for the platinum. :)

A friend of mine (have not seen him in years) lives on the Trout River in a sketchy AF area. He's got a beautiful house on waterfront and a nice dock, outback guest house, and covered cooking building complete with a firebrick pizza oven. But it's high fences and he's got 3 bad assed dogs. It's like US embassy in the middle of Afghanistan. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
As a kid I remember my grandfather taking me to Karl Hellenthal’s on Normandy blvd, used to love the original Tom & Betty’s on park and cassat too. You couldn’t drag me there now as man that area has changed.

As a kid I remember my grandfather taking me to Karl Hellenthal’s on Normandy blvd, used to love the original Tom & Betty’s on park and cassat too. You couldn’t drag me there now as man that area has changed.
I remember Tom and Bettys eons ago. It was a dark and dank place where certain nights we'd go there to drink for happy hour. You didn't even have to drink anyone pretty there, it was so dark it was like a tomb. I suspect the floors and that carpet were nasty AF! 😂

Never heard of it but growing up on the Southside I never went over there. My parents would have been upset to know that I’d gone anywhere beyond Five Points. To this day I couldn’t tell you where Ribault, Paxon or Forrest High Schools were.
But they thought downtown was perfectly safe. (Which it used to be)

Never heard of it but growing up on the Southside I never went over there. My parents would have been upset to know that I’d gone anywhere beyond Five Points. To this day I couldn’t tell you where Ribault, Paxon or Forrest High Schools were.
But they thought downtown was perfectly safe. (Which it used to be)
The Tom and Bettys I remember was on Roosevelt Blvd not too far from the St Johns. That side of town has always been an alien to me but I worked north of Jax for a year and sometimes we'd go there after work. I was not impressed. It was a long time ago and it seemed like 80% of the people who went there were old AF. 😂

The Tom and Bettys I remember was on Roosevelt Blvd not too far from the St Johns. That side of town has always been an alien to me but I worked north of Jax for a year and sometimes we'd go there after work. I was not impressed. It was a long time ago and it seemed like 80% of the people who went there were old AF. 😂
That was the reopen after the fire at the old location. Not anything like the old one, those sandwiches were epic and id be the designated driver as a kid to do the round trip for my parents back in the day. Denny Moran’s was another of their regular spots especially after they opened the dock house on the river. As well as the lounge at the Ramada on lane. Westside was a different place back then.

Outback is for white trash. White trash is being cleansed from the USA if you have not noticed. Expect more of its ilk to die. Plant based eating is the way forward.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Outback is for white trash. White trash is being cleansed from the USA if you have not noticed. Expect more of its ilk to die. Plant based eating is the way forward.
They really arent. Maybe climb down from that Ivory tower you stay at and look for yourself.

Everything I eat, eats plants. My diet is therefore plant based.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat a salad.

They really arent. Maybe climb down from that Ivory tower you stay at and look for yourself.

cow-bobblehead.gif

I like a good steak salad, med rare prime Ribeye, put some fries on it - maybe Caesar or even Ranch if I'm feeling boring.

Gotta keep things moving at my age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT