ADVERTISEMENT

Another blowout

Democrats crack me up. Blue states had their economies locked down from 2020 to 2022. Then they act all elated when everyone went back to work. NEW JOBS!!

Uh nope, you effing dopes.

giphy.gif
This is sad and inaccurate.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

I never attacked the data. Once again reading comprehension. I said that he is a hardcore right page that is all about attacking anything liberal and it seems anti Trump at 1st glance. So of course his data will focus on what's not going well with the economy.
he is smart, he makes educated commentary, sometimes it questions the validity of the data. he did it with trump too, he was not a fan of the giant lib that trump is. the bond market got routed, thats enough confirmation for me to go along with what i see in business, that we are still running way too hot as an economy, its the party that wont end. As with most ragers, the hangover isnt going to be fun..

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
I did a search of your posting history on the economy. It's better to look and educate, then to accuse. So by looking, it seems that you seem to judge the economy on participation, 401k and GDP and both are good numbers for Biden’s economy. You also mentioned about the last 2 January reports (2022/2023) that those jobs were mostly seasonal and it would go down because those reports were good too. Well, you were wrong. Just looking at your posting history and the things that you seem to judge the economy on, you should think the economy is doing well.

I'll give you credit that you did criticize Trump on the debt. That was something that you did but you never attacked any other thing. Like you attack Biden job participation rate which is 62.7%. The highest it got under Trump was 63%. The highest it got under Obama was 66%. You never criticized Trump for that decline.

My position is that economy is doing well. The biggest weakness is interest rates that is impacting the housing market and even car market.

People struggle under Trump and every other President. People always struggle and always will. We will never have an economy that has people not struggling.

If you don't think it is data manipulation then why even post it? That's your way of not giving Biden credit? If something is good, then you have to find a way to hate on it?

To your last statement, why should the economy be about party affiliation? That is my point! It should be country over party. Glad you admitted that it's about party when you speak about the economy.
Wow. I’m not sure where to start.

The one thing you won’t address is honesty in political affiliation. I’m pro Trump. I’ve even donated. You can’t address it because it’ll prove you’re a liar about being an “independent”. It’ll also prove you’re one of the most biased posters on this board.

All I did to initially trigger you was pull some quotes from the article MDF posted. So you’re clearly not interested in the whole story, you want to score political points and you couldn’t care less about the entire story.

I also said multiple times I want a strong economy and want people to do better.

Secondly the job numbers MDF posted were not seasonally adjusted. When you factor that in the picture looks different.

I also showed data that demonstrates the household survey was wildly different than the Fed (BLS) estimate. Doesn’t that make you question the estimate, or is your political bias all that matters?

Another concerning point is the fact that the jobs being added are part time jobs. Those are likely second jobs and if they aren’t they aren’t paying the bills in the hyper inflationary cycle we’re trying to dig out of.

Then I found data on hours worked - which casts even more doubt on the BLS’s stats. How are hours going down with all these great job numbers?

Lastly - myself and others posted how insane layoffs are right now…also flying in the face of this being such a strong economy. What’s probably happening are full time jobs are being replaced with part time jobs, which again doesn’t signal an extremely strong economy.

So attack me all you want.
1) I’m at least honest about my bias.
2) I’ve said multiple times I don’t want to use the economy as a political scoreboard, it’s people’s lives.
3) There are many signals that make single factor analysis (a jobs report) once again a faulty way to analyze something as complex as the economy.

So keep spending all of your “research” time digging through my old posts. It’s just more proof you’re a liberal and you’ll do anything to prove people who don’t align with your political views are bad people, not good people with bad ideas.

The one thing you won’t address is honesty in political affiliation. I’m pro Trump. I’ve even donated. You can’t address it because it’ll prove you’re a liar about being an “independent”. It’ll also prove you’re one of the most biased posters on this board.

All I did to initially trigger you was pull some quotes from the article MDF posted. So you’re clearly not interested in the whole story, you want to score political points and you couldn’t care less about the entire story.

I also said multiple times I want a strong economy and want people to do better.

Secondly the job numbers MDF posted were not seasonally adjusted. When you factor that in the picture looks different.

I also showed data that demonstrates the household survey was wildly different than the Fed (BLS) estimate. Doesn’t that make you question the estimate, or is your political bias all that matters?

Another concerning point is the fact that the jobs being added are part time jobs. Those are likely second jobs and if they aren’t they aren’t paying the bills in the hyper inflationary cycle we’re trying to dig out of.

Then I found data on hours worked - which casts even more doubt on the BLS’s stats. How are hours going down with all these great job numbers?

Lastly - myself and others posted how insane layoffs are right now…also flying in the face of this being such a strong economy. What’s probably happening are full time jobs are being replaced with part time jobs, which again doesn’t signal an extremely strong economy.

2) I’ve said multiple times I don’t want to use the economy as a political scoreboard, it’s people’s lives.
3) There are many signals that make single factor analysis (a jobs report) once again a faulty way to analyze something as complex as the economy.

So keep spending all of your “research” time digging through my old posts. It’s just more proof you’re a liberal and you’ll do anything to prove people who don’t align with your political views are bad people, not good people with bad ideas.
👍🏽

stop trying to prove yourself right and start trying to get tot he truth. you sheep are hilarious.

At least your being honest
We determined I’m solidly pro Trump. You won, primarily because I’m capable of intellectual honesty.

What you won’t discuss are the facts in the thread…you’d rather cast me as a bad person because I don’t align with your political leanings. It’s easier to believe the other side is evil than to admit you’re wrong.

Yea, nothing abnormal happened at the end of DJT’s term with jobs. Business as usual.

A sheep ignores obvious facts for a narrative.

You lap up whatever The Party tells you to.
He was president slick he made the call to shut us down he made the call to ban travel and it was his name on the stimi checks, that was a first! The buck stops at the head man. Try acting conservative instead of preaching about it.

We determined I’m solidly pro Trump. You won, primarily because I’m capable of intellectual honesty.

What you won’t discuss are the facts in the thread…you’d rather cast me as a bad person because I don’t align with your political leanings. It’s easier to believe the other side is evil than to admit you’re wrong.
You can vote for either guy but be honest about things. Hopeum is a hell of a drug.

He was president slick he made the call to shut us down he made the call to ban travel and it was his name on the stimi checks, that was a first! The buck stops at the head man. Try acting conservative instead of preaching about it.

200w.gif

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3

I don't think you're a bad person, not at all. I understand that you want Trump to win but at what cost?

I'll personally never want the economy to tank, troops to die, people losing things or civilians to die just to win an election but maybe that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
I don't think you're a bad person, not at all. I understand that you want Trump to win but at what cost?

I'll personally never want the economy to tank, troops to die, people losing things or civilians to die just to win an election but maybe that's just me.
Well Biden is way closer to starting a war the Trump ever did…and while a single jobs report is good news it’s pretty obvious wages are not keeping up with inflation and the economy is facing countervailing headwinds, even in employment.

If you aren’t feeling the pinch paycheck to paycheck you’re in the top 1%.

Plus the border is a turnstile. It’s unsustainable to let millions of people in every election cycle that can’t support themselves and don’t want to integrate into your culture. Just like a home has doors that lock, a country has to have borders that mean something.

We didn’t have that issue when Trump was president.

I don’t see how anyone can look at what’s going on and think everything is ok.

Well Biden is way closer to starting a war the Trump ever did…and while a single jobs report is good news it’s pretty obvious wages are not keeping up with inflation and the economy is facing countervailing headwinds, even in employment.

If you aren’t feeling the pinch paycheck to paycheck you’re in the top 1%.

Plus the border is a turnstile. It’s unsustainable to let millions of people in every election cycle that can’t support themselves and don’t want to integrate into your culture. Just like a home has doors that lock, a country has to have borders that mean something.

We didn’t have that issue when Trump was president.

I don’t see how anyone can look at what’s going on and think everything is ok.
The economy is going well overall. Now are there some things that aren't doing well? Of course. There will never be a perfect economy. You can highlight flaws in every president's economy. If you look at the key metrics that people typically track they will show a good economy. This wasn't a single good jobs report either.

I don't disagree about the border. I created a thread in maybe Bidens 2nd year about how he needed to do better there. So no fight there.

The border was definitely Trump strength.

• Haha

likely an awful person, most people are.

The economy is going well overall. Now are there some things that aren't doing well? Of course. There will never be a perfect economy. You can highlight flaws in every president's economy. If you look at the key metrics that people typically track they will show a good economy. This wasn't a single good jobs report either.

I don't disagree about the border. I created a thread in maybe Bidens 2nd year about how he needed to do better there. So no fight there.

strength my ass, obama had much more secure borders, just look at the data. 2019 border crossings were yuuuuuge. it took the donald shutdown to curb the tide.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
strength my ass, obama had much more secure borders, just look at the data. 2019 border crossings were yuuuuuge. it took the donald shutdown to curb the tide.
Obama did have a stronger border and they were calling Obama border "open". I was saying it's his strength in comparison to Biden.

Just saw this somewhere else but layoffs are on par with with every president's economy. Look at Trump months vs Biden months. Seems like you truly are being "fair".

no-nope.gif

Obama's administration did nothing but play catch and release. In other words, it was a shell game that didn't amount to a steaming pile of dung. Trump tried to shore up the border with a physical barrier, which the Democrats blatantly refused to fund. All Trump asked for was 25 billion. He resubmitted a request for a paltry 5 billion. He didn't get a penny. When he left office, the wall structures were left to rot and not erected. But hey, let's send Ukraine 200 billion to a despot no different than Putin.

Reactions: gatordad3
Here’s what to like.
The establishment survey answered by a sample of businesses showed that nonfarm payrolls increased 353,000 in January, easily beating the consensus expected 185,000, the largest gain in a year, and coming in higher than the forecast from every economics group (that filed a forecast with Bloomberg). Meanwhile, payroll gains were revised up by 126,000 for November and December, bringing the net gain, including revisions, to 479,000. In the past year, payrolls are up 2.9 million or 244,000 per month.
We like to follow payrolls excluding government (because it's not the private sector), education & health (because it rises for structural and demographic reasons, and usually doesn’t decline even in recession years), and leisure & hospitality (which is still recovering from COVID Lockdowns). That “core” measure of payrolls rose 194,000 in January, which is the best month since mid-2022.
That same payroll survey showed that average hourly earnings – cash earnings, excluding irregular bonuses/commissions and fringe benefits – rose 0.6% in January and are up 4.5% versus a year ago. The Federal Reserve might not like that – the odds implied by the futures market that the Fed will cut rates by the end of the May 1 meeting went down substantially – but it is good news for workers and means wage growth per hour is out-stripping inflation.
Meanwhile, the survey that samples US households showed that the unemployment rate remained at 3.7%.

Wages have gone up and the money from the pandemic has run out. Plus idiots are even getting hired.
Impressive.

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
Yeah. Who knew that groceries, gas, and electricity were discretionary items?

200.gif

It’s all smoke and mirrors. Inflation, Unemployment….all of it. It’s intentional deceit.

I am certain these
Politicians are telling us the truth about Tik Tok.

Eyeroll dot gif

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
you have to be one serious snowflake to think the usa isnt in a boom. it wont last forever folks, they never do..Make hay while the sun is shining!!!! get out of your moms basements and get outside, its as sunny as its ever been in the USA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT