L, 1988 Michigan (2nd)
W, 2000 Illinois (2nd)
L, 2000 Michigan State (championship)
L, 2003 Michigan State (2nd)
W, 2007 Purdue (2nd)
W, 2007 Ohio State (championship)
W, 2013 Minnesota (2nd)
L, 2013 Michigan (elite 8)

Six of those games were in the 2nd round. We've never played a Big 10 team in the 1st, 3rd, or 5th rounds until this week.

5-4 vs Big 10.

Big Ten:

W, 1987 Purdue (2nd)
L, 1988 Michigan (2nd)
W, 2000 Illinois (2nd)
L, 2000 Michigan State (championship)
L, 2003 Michigan State (2nd)
W, 2007 Purdue (2nd)
W, 2007 Ohio State (championship)
W, 2013 Minnesota (2nd)
L, 2013 Michigan (elite 8)

Six of those games were in the 2nd round. We've never played a Big 10 team in the 1st, 3rd, or 5th rounds until this week.

0-4 vs teams from Michigan, 5-0 vs the rest of the Big 10.

The officials are letting KY and Witchita St maul each other a little so far. KY probably doesn't like it but its the same for both unlike some SEC games.

The officials are letting KY and Witchita St maul each other a little so far. KY probably doesn't like it but its the same for both unlike some SEC games.

for once, i only remember UK going to the line once in the first half, what a change... and that's why the game is close and will remain close, they are settling for jumpers most of their shots now... I WONDER WHY

Reactions: Gator Fever
Is it me or does anybody else think that numbers has a hard on for Cal or anything UK related?

People think that about when I call out Bama during football season for their antics, and i played and went to school there.. Im sorry i call out teams that get built in advantages because of the names on their jerseys..

The 2016-17 ACC looks a bit like the 2013-14 Big 12.
They get 8-9 teams in, then most are gone by the Sweet 16.
===============

Thoughts, opinions, and trivia on the the Va game.

Gator coaches that have led their teams to NCAA Tourney Wins:
Norm Sloan - Lon Kruger - Billy Donovan - Mike White

The difference between Va's #2 defense (56.1 pts/gm) and UF's #4 defense might be the quality of their season opponents, (see RPI's)?

Gator Defense: 39 pts is the fewest points ever given up by a Gator team in an Dance game. That included giving up only 17 points in the 1st half. The 39 pts were also the fewest in UF's 56 NCAA Tourney games.

Gators season leading scorers are SG K.Allen and SF/SG C.Barry.
Vs MTSU they went 2 of 15 (13.3%) combined.
Vs Va they went 3 of 14 (21.4%) combined.

It's a good thing that Mike White & staff know how to get the most out of an entire team roster.
They don't use the 'stars & scrubs' method on their TEAM, they instead believe that everyone can and should play and contribute to winning their games. "That's hard for a defense to prepare for because we have so many pieces that can contribute." -- Cheezy

* This season, 8 different Gator players have led the team in scoring for a game.
~ I don't remember that ever happening before on any Gator B-Ball team... (iG)

Canyon Barry 10 - KeVaughn Allen 9 - Devin Robinson 6

Kasey Hill 4 - Chris Chiozza 3

Justin Leon 2 - Keith Stone 1 - Kevarrius Hayes 1

Two games had two players share team lead in scoring.

Vs MTSU, Robinson had 24 Pts. Then vs Va he had 14 Pts, 11 Rbs.
VS MTSU, Leon had just 3 Pts. Then 14 Pts including an 8-0 run before half time, and 10 Rbs.
Double-Double Forwards are a big plus when the usual scorers have an 'off-game' or two.
Against Va Robinson and Leon combined for 28 Pts, 21 Rbs.
-----------

SF Robinson - 14 Pts, 11 Rbs, 0 Ast, 1 TO, 0 Blk, 0 Stl, 31 Min
PF Leon -- 14 Pts, 10 Rbs, 0 Ast, 0 TO, 0 Blk, 0 Stl, 25 Min -- Player of the Game
PG Chiozza - 7 Pts, 4 Rbs, 5 Ast, 1 TO, 0 Blk, 2 Stl, 28 Min - Best all around stats.
SF Barry -- 7 Pts, 1 Rb, 2 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Blk, 1 Stl, 17 Min
C Hayes -- 7 Pts, 2 Rbs, 0 Ast, 1 TO, 0 Blk, 0 Stl, 25 Min
C Gak --- 6 Pts, 2 Rbs, 0 Ast, 1 TO, 0 Blk, 0 Stl, 10 Min - His best game so far..
SG Allen -- 4 Pts, 0 Rb, 1 Ast, 0 TO, 0 Blk, 1 Stl, 26 Min
PG Hill --- 3 Pts, 1 Rb, 2 Ast, 2 TO, 0 Blk, 1 Stl, 24 Min
PF Stone - 3 Pts, 0 Rb, 0 Ast, 2 TO, 0 Blk, 1 Stl, 11 Min
PG Hester & C Rimmer (1 Rb) got 2-1 'clean-up' Min's
That's 9 different Gator players that scored points against Va #2 rated defense.

Means absolutely NADA, but just for some 'potential' fun.....
C Gak's tFr 10 Min stats, projected out to 40 minutes = 24 Pts, 8 Rbs.
C Hayes Soph 25 Min stats, projected out to 40 minutes = 11.2 Pts, 3.2 Rbs
Next year, Gak at center and Hayes at PF, could be a very interesting combo!

PS
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 Fr -- 6 Pts, 2 Rbs,,, kid needs more quality playing time.
And FORCE him to learn the Barry 'under-handed' FT shooting, cause he totally sucks at the line.
If he doesn't improve significantly at the FT line before next season, he's going to learn about the 'hack-a-Shaq' the hard way. https://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nba/hack-a-shaq.aspx

That was a great truck stick by UNC and a travel, that was the game right there.. They went up three instead of being called for a charge or a turnover up 1 and arky having the ball... It's just ridiculous

Reactions: instaGATOR
The big seeds had themselves a day at the line over their opponents, UK shot double more 18-9, UNC shot 25 to arkys 8, Oregon shot 26 to Rhode Islands 6... The only ones even were UL and Kansas...

Duke and SC are even right now, just wait...

it's a thing, im not insta making alien threads... these teams get help and always have, the facts are right there for anyone to see for themselves.. and last night we got the whistle and i can admit it when it ends up happening, we got favorable play last night and look what happened, these teams need every single one they shoot to win in these games against much lower seeded opponents...

The big seeds had themselves a day at the line over their opponents, UK shot double more 18-9, UNC shot 25 to arkys 8, Oregon shot 26 to Rhode Islands 6... The only ones even were UL and Kansas...

Duke and SC are even right now, just wait...

it's a thing, im not insta making alien threads... these teams get help and always have, the facts are right there for anyone to see for themselves.. and last night we got the whistle and i can admit it when it ends up happening, we got favorable play last night and look what happened, these teams need every single one they shoot to win in these games against much lower seeded opponents...

I've watched a lot of Gator basketball over the years, and when we lose a road game to a team we shouldn't lose to, the script is almost always the same. Our big guy in the middle will get two quick fouls in the first half, sit the rest of the half, get another foul to start the 2nd half, back to the bench, and watch the other team drive to the basket all game long. That doesn't count Kentucky, of course. Take a good team to Lexington and everybody gets in foul trouble. Breathing is a 2 shot foul in Bluegrass country.

First time since 2014 (Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee) that three SEC teams are in the Sweet 16.

it's a thing, im not insta making alien threads... these teams get help and always have, the facts are right there for anyone to see for themselves.. .

Yep numbers, I'm the only one in the entire world over all of recorded history that knows about aliens, ancient or current. -- US Presidents, Astronauts, Military and Civilian Pilots, FBI Director, Walter Cronkite, and several famous Astronomers, plus 5 former Defense Ministers, and several Soviet Cosmonauts, along with LEO's and regular civilians from all across the US and the world.
Now you and your circle-jerkers can try to debunk those facts, or likely just continue to yap your idiot-ignorant chit at me.... :p

Moving right along... Watching the Ark vs NC game, for a while there I thought that Ark was playing either UK or VU with SEC officials... ;)

Again..."knows."

You use that word but it implies it's fact.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that "know" like you, but truth is interpretive.

C7Y7XB0WkAAS-KL.jpg

Reactions: sadgator
We probably should have gone to Final 4s in two of our three straight Elite 8s. The loss to Butler still stings.

it was one of the few games we were dominating a team inside and couldn't be stopped, yet somehow once they got down like 16 or 17 they were jacking threes ALL day yet going to the line the whole end of the 2nd half to avalanche us like they do with all dogs in the tournament... What the officials did to Zona last night was hilarious once they put the game away any other normal game with that 10-0 run in like 38 seconds... Then after that, EVERY single thing and rebound on either end was a foul and two free points for Xavier called on Arizona.. Xavier got the red carpet treatment like Gonzaga last night at the end...

and the Louisville game was just a flat out choke, everyone starting missing bunnies and even Beal missed probably the worst lay up of his life and career with a minute left that sealed it for sure... We were shooting technical FT's to go up 14 and then blew it as fast as possible and were trailing in desperation with like 2 minutes left that fast... Then the Michigan game wasn't even close and was over in 5 minutes of real time... By the time we made it back the next year i couldn't take it anymore and didn't even sleep at all the night before the Dayton game and the whole team was trying to do it again until scottie took over and made sure everyone settled down once we were going too fast with our heads cut off and they were cutting into the lead and got it to about 5... I wouldn't have been able to handle it if we did it four straight years, especially with the Final Four or bust team that was like 34-2 and hadn't lost since December or November to the same team we lost to in the Final Four... There is always a Miami, Ole Miss or Auburn for us no matter how good we are... i shed grown man tears after that heart breaking loss to finish that great teams season, they deserved more and to at least play for the title, but having to beat UK at fourth time would have been damn near impossible with the refs... They tried their best even against Uconn in that NC Final game with the Free Throws...

Reactions: bradleygator
Thanks a lot Numbers! I was in a good mood today until you brought up all of our tournament choke jobs. Now I'm all fecking nerves right now.

I was hoping to keep the defibrillator in the closet tonight, but NOPE! Thanks again...smfh

well this team makes it easier, they will either win easily or lose... so you don't have to worry

Playing another SEC team that we just beat by almost 20 is the LAST thing I wanted if we win tonight, this team playing a media and public underdog darling with us as the expected favorite to win spells problems... We need to be the underdog in every game this tournament... Just think about this, if we won tonight we would be wearing the home uniforms as the higher seed ALL the way to the Final Four and possibly even again in the Semi Final of the Final Four if Xavier wins again... Wow

Hayes and Hill have already both single handedly put us down by shooting a three, fouling on the other side of the court... and Hayes can't hold onto a ball that no other teams player could lose but ours... HOW can you have so many guys that have zero chance of holding or just catching a f***in basketball? It's ridiculous

Then Hayes gives up an easy lay in immediately after that, then kasey watches their best shooter hit one wide open with 5 feet of space to shoot it. Get him out

and another two impossible to miss bunnies that only Gator players can miss leads to a dunk to go down 10... Well every time Gator sports starts like this you know what it means

Barry has to go, period. He's useless out there at this point and can't make a god damn lay up so he's gotta go...

Barry has lost it. He's nothing like the player he was at the midpoint of the season. They are dominating us. Nobody can guard Nigel Hayes, Allen can't make a shot and if we lose the most positive thing about it would be that I won't have to watch Kasey Hill again.

Barry does look ineffective, but in his defense; he's somdependent on Kasey and Allen getting penetration it makes him look terrible when they're not driving and kicking out to him. He simply can't get his own shot off without help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT