ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness 2023

Miami and Florida Atlantic in the Sweet 16. Miami for the 2nd straight year. Not acceptable in Gatorland.

I am scared Miami has a chance to win this. That billionaire did buy them a couple of good players.

If I had to pick a winner now I would go with UConn.

I am scared Miami has a chance to win this. That billionaire did buy them a couple of good players.

If I had to pick a winner now I would go with UConn.
Good pick. I liked UCONN from the beginning & now think KState has a good chance because of their superb PG play. UCONN was the best team in the country IMO at the beginning of the season and then then went through a rough patch but have found their groove again.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Good pick. I liked UCONN from the beginning & now think KState has a good chance because of their superb PG play. UCONN was the best team in the country IMO at the beginning of the season and then then went through a rough patch but have found their groove again.

UConn this year is a little different than the UConn team that beat us in the Final Four (at least I think it was a Final Four game) when we were the # 1 overall seed but how they can turn it on when needed is similar. You almost get the feeling in some of their losses they weren't that motivated. Kind of like the few losses we took in that 2nd year of our 2 championships.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I haven't watched as much basketball as I usually do, but have watched all of the NCAA Tournament. I'm usually wrong with predictions, but would pick UConn & Kansas State to meet in the finals (although Texas could beat UConn), with the UConn/Texas winner taking the title. Would love to see Keyontae and K-State get it done, and I'm actually pulling for FAU, but don't think either could beat Texas or the Huskies. I was very impressed with San Diego State's defense and think they'll beat Creighton and will give K-State a good game.
Have I covered all the bases? :)

If I didn't know better, it's like the NCAA is trying the hand Mark Few a championship on a platter. If Gonzaga can't win it this year (granted, UCONN is a very good team) then it ain't happening.

Few should retire if they don't win it this year.

You’d think everybody would know better given that neither Bama nor Tennessee have ever accomplished anything in the tournament. Just like getting into space…the tournament is hard…people forget.
Let's hope Tinnercee repeats their same meltdown in baseball. Lane Kiffin totally pissed off their fanbase after they tried to troll him on Twitter.

Reactions: sadgator
FAU is a gritty team who plays very well together. Even with 21 turnovers today and falling behind by 9 in the 2nd half, they showed poise and resiliency and battled back to get the win. UConn looks great and are killing Gonzaga.

FAU is a gritty team who plays very well together. Even with 21 turnovers today and falling behind by 9 in the 2nd half, they showed poise and resiliency and battled back to get the win. UConn looks great and are killing Gonzaga.
Mark Few is a very good coach but does he want to win a national title or not? He can’t get it done at Gonzaga.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Mark Few is a very good coach but does he want to win a national title or not? He can’t get it done at Gonzaga.
He's not going anywhere. To him, happiness in Spokane and loyalty to the school trump everything else. He's content and that pretty cool, IMO. Most coaches and athletes never find contentment in the striving for more and better. Admire the guy.

If FAU(#9) wins the whole thing....again IF.....that would be the greatest success story in the history of college basketball.

The lowest seed to ever win the championship was a #8 Villanova in 1985. Keep in mind also that Villanova was already a well established basketball school before that with many elite 8s and a couple final fours before 1985.

Also, Villanova was playing since 1920 and FAU just started about 33 years ago.

Last edited:
If FAU(#9) wins the whole thing....again IF.....that would be the greatest success story in the history of college basketball.

The lowest seed to ever win the championship was a #8 Villanova in 1985. Keep in mind also that Villanova was already a well established basketball school before that with many elite 8s and a couple final fours before 1985.

Also, Villanova was playing since 1920 and FAU just started about 33 years ago.

Doubt it happens but it would be. Trying to think of a school like this even making the Final Four in modern times. Lower seeds have but they were schools known for being good at times I think.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
Just looked at it since 79 in the modern format era. It appears those #11 seeds that made the final four were either big schools or schools known for good basketball teams so this is a big deal for FAU.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
Wichita State made it as a #9 seed in 2013, I think.
sadgator still remembers when Wichita State won the National Championship in football…

dancing.gif

Apparently, UConn was at the top or the best in many statistical categories nationally this year but for a bad stretch in a January…

As such…those who weren’t paying close attention to them like sadgator might be surprised, but they were probably underseeded for what they are.

Definitely better than their seeding. I remember in 2014 they beat us in the regular season but played down to their competition a lot. Then in the Final Four they easily beat us if I remember correctly and then beat KY in the final. They had 2 really dominant guards which is big for the tournament.

FWIW Danny Hurley reached out to UF and had an interest in our open position when it became available after Mike White left.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
The offensive rebounds by SDS were insane. I think on one possession they had 5 offensive rebounds. FAU is scrappy. Just glad the candycanes got bounced.

Reactions: gatordad3
Its weird that I feel so nonchalant of uconn winning a championship more than any other team. I dont like them, dislike them, ....or anything. They could 20 titles and become known for arrogancy..... and I would still be like "meh"/shoulder shrug.

It kinda feels like any championship they win does hard reboot for basketball, either than any lingering effects....at least to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT