ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness 2023

Miami and Florida Atlantic in the Sweet 16. Miami for the 2nd straight year. Not acceptable in Gatorland.

Reactions: mcanes
Gonzaga advances to their 8th straight Sweet 16. Incredible for coach Mark few to take a little Catholic school in Spokane, Washington and build them into such a consistently great program. No national titles, but I would trade his success for UF's floundering over the last 8 years in a heartbeat.

Gonzaga advances to their 8th straight Sweet 16. Incredible for coach Mark few to take a little Catholic school in Spokane, Washington and build them into such a consistently great program. No national titles, but I would trade his success for UF's floundering over the last 8 years in a heartbeat.
I wonder why he hasn’t been poached by another basketball program or a “blue blood”. He’s done great there but you wonder if he can’t get over the hump. Maybe he just likes it there.

sadgator wouldn’t trade our back to back National hoops titles for anything.

It was the pinnacle of sadgator’s sports watching career…

That team was arguably the greatest tournament play basketball team in history…which is pretty cool…
Well with Kansas losing we are still the last program to go back to back. It’s going to take a special team to do it for sure.

Reactions: gatordad3
I wonder why he hasn’t been poached by another basketball program or a “blue blood”. He’s done great there but you wonder if he can’t get over the hump. Maybe he just likes it there.
I think that's exactly it. The year they made it to the championship game, one of the announcers said Mark Few and his family loved Spokane, loved the university and he's routinely turned down more money from bigger schools because he's comfortable where he's at. He turned down the Oregon job in 2021, as an example. Commendable, IMO.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Meanwhile…in Central Park this morning…

bZAdc-1522702667-1989-blog-clampetts%20ny%202.png

LOL! Yep Regular Season Rick strikes again! Love it!
Sweet 16 season is a pretty good season. I'd certainly take one in Gainesville one of these years. Plus Barnes will recruit. Not sure what our guy is doing.

I'd also like to know how its possible that FAU has a former Florida assistant running the best basketball program in Florida, including recruiting a projected lottery pick from Florida, while we hired an 8th grader.

Sweet 16 season is a pretty good season. I'd certainly take one in Gainesville one of these years. Plus Barnes will recruit. Not sure what our guy is doing.

I'd also like to know how its possible that FAU has a former Florida assistant running the best basketball program in Florida, including recruiting a projected lottery pick from Florida, while we hired an 8th grader.
Let’s not get carried away and overreact. It’s just 1 year. Yes FAU is very good this year but this is May’s 5th season at FAU. His first 4 seasons were not so good to the point nobody was talking about him and nobody was looking to hire him away from FAU. I like May but i wouldn’t go crowning him just yet.

And let’s not kid ourselves about regular season Rick. If he was having early exits at UF we eventually would be screaming for his head as well. Some of you all have short memories as early on in Billy Ds tenure there were fans that got frustrated with early tourney exits. This was Regular Season Rick’s 8th season at UT. I wouldn’t take him at UF. Not if championships or hanging banners are your goal.

Last edited:
Let’s not get carried away and overreact. It’s just 1 year. Yes FAU is very good this year but this is May’s 5th season at FAU. His first 4 seasons were not so good to the point nobody was talking about him and nobody was looking to hire him away from FAU. I like May but i wouldn’t go crowing him just yet.

And let’s not kid ourselves about regular season Rick. If he was having early exits at UF we eventually would be screaming for his head as well. Some of you all have short memories as early on in Billy Ds tenure there were fans that got frustrated with early tourney exits. This was Regular Season Rick’s 8th season at UT. I wouldn’t take him at UF. Not if championships are your goal or hanging banners.
I bet if I took Regular Season Rick at Florida and you went hunting for a guy to “win titles,” in 10 years, I’ll have more SEC wins, players drafted and NCAA tourney wins.

I bet if I took Regular Season Rick at Florida and you went hunting for a guy to “win titles,” in 10 years, I’ll have more SEC wins, players drafted and NCAA tourney wins.
I could give 2 craps about players drafted. To me it is about winning championships and hanging banners. You can have regular season Rick. I’m going to try and win championships and not settle. Heck even Mike White got to an elite 8 at UF in 7 seasons. Regular season Rick hasn’t done that yet in 8 seasons at UT.

I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. You and I just have differing opinions on success or what we would deem success at UF.

Last edited:
I could give 2 craps about players drafted. To me it is about winning championships and hanging banners. You can have regular season Rick. I’m going to try and win championships and not settle. Heck even Mike White got to an elite 8 at UF in 7 seasons. Regular season Rick hasn’t done that yet in 8 seasons at UT.

I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. You and I just have differing opinions on success or what we would deem success at UF.
Yep.

That coach went to USC where he runs a better program than UF.
Huh? Andy Endfield? He’s been there for 10 years and has done ok. He’s had maybe 2 good years out of the 10 & hasn’t won a Pac 12 title and 1 Elite 8. Pretty similar to Mike White to be honest & he has a similar NCAA tourney record as Mike White.

Huh? Andy Endfield? He’s been there for 10 years and has done ok. He’s had maybe 2 good years out of the 10 & hasn’t won a Pac 12 title and 1 Elite 8. Pretty similar to Mike White to be honest & he has a similar NCAA tourney record as Mike White.
What’s a better program right now, USC or UF?

He’s done better than the gators is my point.
Has he? I certainly don’t think so. He’s only made the tournament 5 times in 10 years. He’s been to 1 Elite 8 in 10 years. UF has been to 1 Elite 8 in the last 8 years. His NCAA tournament win percentage at USC is worse than Mike White’s at UF. He’s been to less NCAA tourney’s than Mike White. If he’s done worse than Mike White then that isn’t a good thing.

What’s a better program right now, USC or UF?
This year? USC

But if you go by his total 10 years at USC then UF has been better. Heck in 3 of his 10 years he didn’t even make the NIT. Are you really impressed with what he had done at USC? My math could be wrong but he’s won a total of 4 NCAA tourney games in 10 years. I think Mike White won 6 in 7 years. Mike White did better. And that isn’t a good thing because Mike White stinks.

Last edited:
This year? USC

But if you go by his total 10 years at USC then UF has been better. Heck in 3 of his 10 years he didn’t even make the NIT. Are you really impressed with what he had done at USC? My math could be wrong but he’s won a total of 4 NCAA tourney games in 10 years. I think Mike White won 6 in 7 years. Mike White did better. And that isn’t a good thing because Mike White stinks.
In all fairness, okay some, Enfield has probably done all he can at USC, which is not historically known for its hoops program. Then again, he seems more at home in Kalifornia so I don't see him leaving for a bigger hoops program. USC would be dumb to not give him the same treatment they gave Pete Carroll.
I can't remember the last time the Trojans hoops program had the kind of success they have with Enfield previously.

In all fairness, okay some, Enfield has probably done all he can at USC, which is not historically known for its hoops program. Then again, he seems more at home in Kalifornia so I don't see him leaving for a bigger hoops program. USC would be dumb to not give him the same treatment they gave Pete Carroll.
I can't remember the last time the Trojans hoops program had the kind of success they have with Enfield previously.
Tim Floyd. Although I think he got caught cheating. And no they don’t have a lot of success historically but you would think if they could hire the right coach they have the resources to have a good basketball program.

Andy Endfield’s wife I believe was a supermodel so she likes the LA life so I don’t see them moving, etc. With that being said Endfield has still been pretty average at USC.

Tim Floyd. Although I think he got caught cheating. And no they don’t have a lot of success historically but you would think if they could hire the right coach they have the resources to have a good basketball program.

Andy Endfield’s wife I believe was a supermodel so she likes the LA life so I don’t see them moving, etc. With that being said Endfield has still been pretty average at USC.
I absolutely forgot about Tim Floyd. Poor bastard will always be remembered as the guy who replaced Phil Jackson in Chicago.

Reactions: PacoGator19
If any of you rival posters are fans of any of the number one seeds in this tourney, this is effing embarrassing.

I love March Madness, even when the Gators aren't there. Always pull for the underdogs and little guys. 16 teams from the SEC & Big 10 were in the tournament and none made the Elite 8. Miami is the only ACC team there. How crazy is that?

It is amazing that both Tennessee and Alabama have reached the Elite 8 only once a piece ever.

Florida has been to the Elite 8 so many times in sadgator’s life, he honestly forgets some of them from time to time.
We have actually had 3 different coaches take us to the Elite 8 in Kruger, Donovan and White. So because of that I certainly see no reason why we can’t do it from time to time. Obviously under Donovan is where the majority of them came from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT